What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

On 12/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, Mitcholodolo said:

Dude what the heck man did you miss my illegal update

https://community.ls-rp.com/entry/93-illegal-faction-team-update/

the fact that i commented yesterday that one of the biggest factions that held this shit up left for another server and my comment got deleted randomly, without reason says a lot.

yall keep doing the what ifs, change this, alter this, none of that will work. The mgmnt doesnt care point blank end of story. Me and my guys put hours of great rp into this shit and the leadership (most not all staff members) ruined it.

again, you can put makeup over an ugly face and call it beautiful but you're not fooling anyone. The PB says it all and you're banned/punished for even saying a small fraction of truth that contradicts what the mgmnt deems appropriate. Read Mahittos comment that shit is exactly the reason people arent coming back here.

8 hours ago, .445 said:

the fact that i commented yesterday that one of the biggest factions that held this shit up left for another server and my comment got deleted randomly, without reason says a lot.

yall keep doing the what ifs, change this, alter this, none of that will work. The mgmnt doesnt care point blank end of story. Me and my guys put hours of great rp into this shit and the leadership (most not all staff members) ruined it.

again, you can put makeup over an ugly face and call it beautiful but you're not fooling anyone. The PB says it all and you're banned/punished for even saying a small fraction of truth that contradicts what the mgmnt deems appropriate. Read Mahittos comment that shit is exactly the reason people arent coming back here.

Uh I didn’t delete it and sadly I didn’t see the response. But to say management doesn’t care isn’t fair to people in management and leadership and these development roles.

in response to @.445, can you please tell me here or in DMs how staff members ruined your faction? If me or anybody had anything to do with it I would like to know.

Dos Santos and Kane (may he not seem like he cares) puts in a lot of hard work to make sure things are in place, things get set in motion, and people continue to do their jobs and do it the right way within the staff team all the way to leadership. If you are including leadership into management then shit I’m trying my best as well. My efforts may be a little slow or delayed due to IRL obligations but I still try to come with fresh and new ideas. 

In general response to the thread:

Sadly, LSRP didn’t capitalize on the hype and had a bad launch. And even after the recovery after launch didn’t take advantage of the decent playerbase we had and get some updates out (whether it be features, QoL updates, mods etc) in a decent timeframe. We’ve had staff members with important roles get busy or disappear or leave. We’ve had bad luck with hosts and connection issues or rage being poo like it is. We’ve had bad factions, low quality factions, DMing factions come in and ruin the fun for everybody. We all know what has happened and we all know how or why it happened and everybody around today is trying their best to overcome what has happened in the past. I’ve myself wrestled with the idea of giving up but it’s apart of it. To be successful you gotta learn how to fail and overcome. It’s only been 6 months since we opened and look at all the issues and problems we’ve dealt with.

6 months and look at all the progress we made:

• Brought in new developers (shoutout Java he been doing his thing since he came aboard)
  • Did a restructure of not only how management operates but leadership as well.
  • Team rebuilds or construction (more to see of this soon)
  • Features dropping at a better timeframe (it’s the holidays let everyone enjoy it)

6 months. Not a long time to me and we’ve had our ups and downs. We never put makeup over anything we get beat up and come out with two black eyes smiling everytime. Just gotta learn how to bob and weave better. 

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

• Senior Lead Admin
On 12/22/2023 at 8:24 AM, Kotwica said:

(6) Make staff more approachable, this includes monthly chats with management and an overall zero tolerance policy for staff being rude to players. Staff is here to assist.

Just want to reiterate, that this is already strictly enforced, and should there be instances of inappropriate decorum from a Tester, send a report to Jack, or an Admin, send it to me!

• Clap 1
  • Love 1

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

One last thing I want to add:

Let’s stop accusing the whole and let’s start saying names. Names, what they’ve done, evidence if they have it. Let’s hold people truly accountable.

If you’d like to reach me discord DMs is the best way. Don’t have to try and start a convo I much prefer you DM me with the issue at hand and end it with the issue at hand.  

• Love 3

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

4 hours ago, Mitcholodolo said:

Uh I didn’t delete it and sadly I didn’t see the response. But to say management doesn’t care isn’t fair to people in management and leadership and these development roles.

in response to @.445, can you please tell me here or in DMs how staff members ruined your faction? If me or anybody had anything to do with it I would like to know.

Dos Santos and Kane (may he not seem like he cares) puts in a lot of hard work to make sure things are in place, things get set in motion, and people continue to do their jobs and do it the right way within the staff team all the way to leadership. If you are including leadership into management then shit I’m trying my best as well. My efforts may be a little slow or delayed due to IRL obligations but I still try to come with fresh and new ideas. 

In general response to the thread:

Sadly, LSRP didn’t capitalize on the hype and had a bad launch. And even after the recovery after launch didn’t take advantage of the decent playerbase we had and get some updates out (whether it be features, QoL updates, mods etc) in a decent timeframe. We’ve had staff members with important roles get busy or disappear or leave. We’ve had bad luck with hosts and connection issues or rage being poo like it is. We’ve had bad factions, low quality factions, DMing factions come in and ruin the fun for everybody. We all know what has happened and we all know how or why it happened and everybody around today is trying their best to overcome what has happened in the past. I’ve myself wrestled with the idea of giving up but it’s apart of it. To be successful you gotta learn how to fail and overcome. It’s only been 6 months since we opened and look at all the issues and problems we’ve dealt with.

6 months and look at all the progress we made:

• Brought in new developers (shoutout Java he been doing his thing since he came aboard)
  • Did a restructure of not only how management operates but leadership as well.
  • Team rebuilds or construction (more to see of this soon)
  • Features dropping at a better timeframe (it’s the holidays let everyone enjoy it)

6 months. Not a long time to me and we’ve had our ups and downs. We never put makeup over anything we get beat up and come out with two black eyes smiling everytime. Just gotta learn how to bob and weave better. 

I do think you guys are doing your best but the problem is obviously not being addressed, as the only few relevant metrics are degrading with every update (factions, player count, interest etc.). There are more developers, more features, teams, activities and responsibilities, opportunities yet the playerbase is not just stagnant but it keeps shrinking - having 10 players online is basically having 0, especially on such a large map.

I think the biggest problem is that LSRP doesn't have that hype anymore, so people have no interest to play here anymore. We can put ourselves in the shoes of someone looking for a server, either an experienced player or a brand new one - they might try out LS-RP but at the moment they have 0 reason to be here, considering how much better World is (more and better scripts, more active factions, more players, businesses etc.).

I think this is all because we're not doing anything new or 'courageous'. It's the same old scripts and concepts - /me, /do, the same 5 legal factions and 5 illegal factions, same staff teams (you join as a 'tester', become an admin, management etc), same features basically - even if they're slightly different. Why not try something completely different? Lay out a new direction for the community, something that has not been done before, what do you have to lose, the 10 people who mostly AFK online and the 10 more who only join for events? Imagine a server with unlimited money, everything is free (houses, cars, businesses), everyone can get anything right away. I don't think this is a good idea but it's something that has not been done before, so something like that. Use more RPG elements, people like them, but focus on heavy RP - introduce more grindy stuff, let people grind their way to $1m if they want to, but make RP more profitable. Make it super easy to join, create new characters, extremely easy to start a business or factions even if we have 50 factions with 2-3 players. Unless you guys do something and do it quickly, these 10-20 online players will not suddenly go up to 50, 100, 500, 1000. They'll just leave and we'll have a feature-rich super-developer empty server and community.

There's no point in heavily regulating everything and everyone if there's no one here.

And also, encourage discussions, especially on the forums. Serious discussions about the issues on the server, suggestions, just random stuff about the state of the server. You don't even know how much hype the 'what ifs' can bring.

37 minutes ago, Scheming said:

W Mmartin cause why tf would a grown ass man lie to someone he'll never meet.

I understand both sides - if your house was just broken into, you're probably still traumatized (on top of the missing stuff) and someone invalidating your experience can absolutely be enraging. On the other hand, though, a person looking forward to the server's launch after it was delayed for the 14th time for various reasons and seeing an update stating the main dev/manager was robbed of everything very close to the next launch can absolutely seem like it was made up, and the reason would be simple to understand - make up a reason for the next delay - it's easy to put ourselves in both of their shoes. However, not just banning but permanently banning someone for questioning you is probably the worst thing you can do as a community leader in such situation. The only thing worse than this is throwing professionalism out of the window altogether and telling them to go fuck themselves. Oh, wait...

Regardless, it was definitely not a good move and he doubled down on it, which can (and did) have some pretty obvious effects on how your community will perceive you, management and feedback in general. Who would dare say something negative when the other guy got perma banned for something so petty? That's also why you can see everyone mentioning "the other server" or "left for other servers" and such, even though there's literally one single server every single person knows and probably has an account on - yet everyone is afraid of not "advertising" it and the repercussions. And instead of learning from them (the good stuff, there's a ton of fucked up stuff on world too) we just... don't. Why? I don't know.

• Strong 1
  • Love 1

I keep coming back to this thread to read what everyone is saying. @Mahitto and the others said many valid and good points, even if their words seemed harsh but they're coming from a good place, hell even @SCANDALOUZ who was labelled as a whiny boy was actually saying what he said because he wanted the server to succeed, we all do, we really do.

The server had a shitty launch, bad luck and some questionable management moves, but that shit is over and we're past that, we should focus only on the future of the server.

Right now, the the server has decent features, scriptwise and in general, alot of the IG issues players complained about was in fact adressed and either are implemented or being worked on right now... Yes alot of players if not most of them lost interest in the server, even staff, and you can't blame both, players have nothing to do with no one in the server, and staff cant do their duties with no one on the server - but don't get me wrong, if you message most of the staff to hop IG to help with something they'd, best example of this is @izumi, which shows that most of staff still want to help and improve the server and player experience.

I know @Mitcholodolo is coming up with brand new ideas for the illegal side of RP, and he's taking feedbacks and actually gives a shit, which i appreciate him for doing so, the lead and management are now easily reachable, via forum or discord, best examples are @Nature @Dos Santos @ImperiumXVII @Superb, testers too have and still put work in the server by helping new and old players, by doing forum work, and actually reaching to players to take their feedback or explain stuff to them via DMs, shoutout to @CYBER and @Deceive

Even old players who started playing at launch and still hops on time to time to provide RP to the server like @HIVE.MIND @livid @AlmostDegen @MAK0 @kaibr and many others, they still find motivation to hop in, because we all know the potential of the server if it succeeds especially with the developement of the features shoutout to @java habibi and @ImperiumXVII for putting insane work to make the server more polished and enjoyable by everyone.

In my honest and brutal opinion, the server is in need of alot of things, and no not script or more features, the server needs a REBRAND, server needs actual engagement of the management via more community meetings, reinsurance and update posts! even tho they still work in the shadows, players need to feel the presence of the management. Server needs to build up hype again, server needs good and aggressive marketing on all platforms.

Since i have experince in this field, i propose this:

1- Rebrand the server to "Work in progress"

2- Visual marketing like videos to be pushed on social media with tags.

3- Spread the word out by showcasing the new features in forum posts and in videos that will be posted in YT channel.

4- Do like other games do, see what the competition is doing right and take notes, it's okay to copy something from them and alter it to the server/players needs.

5- Admins and staff need to be present IG, they should be playing the server and providing RP.

6- Transparency and communication, although we all appreciate the team sending out surveys and taking feedback, there are still some points to be worked on when it comes to transparency and communication.

Like most of the other players, i tried other text RP servers, i still dont feel like i belong there... maybe i'm high on hopium and copium, but i still belive in the project.

Let's move on and focus on the future.

• Clap 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Cursed_King said:

I keep coming back to this thread to read what everyone is saying. @Mahitto and the others said many valid and good points, even if their words seemed harsh but they're coming from a good place, hell even @SCANDALOUZ who was labelled as a whiny boy was actually saying what he said because he wanted the server to succeed, we all do, we really do.

The server had a shitty launch, bad luck and some questionable management moves, but that shit is over and we're past that, we should focus only on the future of the server.

Right now, the the server has decent features, scriptwise and in general, alot of the IG issues players complained about was in fact adressed and either are implemented or being worked on right now... Yes alot of players if not most of them lost interest in the server, even staff, and you can't blame both, players have nothing to do with no one in the server, and staff cant do their duties with no one on the server - but don't get me wrong, if you message most of the staff to hop IG to help with something they'd, best example of this is @izumi, which shows that most of staff still want to help and improve the server and player experience.

I know @Mitcholodolo is coming up with brand new ideas for the illegal side of RP, and he's taking feedbacks and actually gives a shit, which i appreciate him for doing so, the lead and management are now easily reachable, via forum or discord, best examples are @Nature @Dos Santos @ImperiumXVII @Superb, testers too have and still put work in the server by helping new and old players, by doing forum work, and actually reaching to players to take their feedback or explain stuff to them via DMs, shoutout to @CYBER and @Deceive

Even old players who started playing at launch and still hops on time to time to provide RP to the server like @HIVE.MIND @livid @AlmostDegen @MAK0 @kaibr and many others, they still find motivation to hop in, because we all know the potential of the server if it succeeds especially with the developement of the features shoutout to @java habibi and @ImperiumXVII for putting insane work to make the server more polished and enjoyable by everyone.

In my honest and brutal opinion, the server is in need of alot of things, and no not script or more features, the server needs a REBRAND, server needs actual engagement of the management via more community meetings, reinsurance and update posts! even tho they still work in the shadows, players need to feel the presence of the management. Server needs to build up hype again, server needs good and aggressive marketing on all platforms.

Since i have experince in this field, i propose this:

1- Rebrand the server to "Work in progress"

3- Spread the word out by showcasing the new features in forum posts and in videos that will be posted in YT channel.

4- Do like other games do, see what the competition is doing right and take notes, it's okay to copy something from them and alter it to the server/players needs.

5- Admins and staff need to be present IG, they should be playing the server and providing RP.

6- Transparency and communication, although we all appreciate the team sending out surveys and taking feedback, there are still some points to be worked on when it comes to transparency and communication.

Like most of the other players, i tried other text RP servers, i still dont feel like i belong there... maybe i'm high on hopium and copium, but i still belive in the project.

Let's move on and focus on the future.

I totally agree with this but we also need a new approach, not the same-old one of a "classic heavy rp text based server". What I mean by this is that we're competing with GTA World and they already have most if not all of the things we want to add, and more. It's like a Xiaomi vs Apple thing at the moment - saying "we have an internet browser" and "we added a calculator app" won't make people leave Apple and buy a Xiaomi. We need a rebrand, but also a different direction. Even with all of the updates (which so many people work hard on) we're still going to be 5% of World, and that's normal considering how many devs and time they've spent on their server in the past few years, but we have to be realistic - if we're the same thing but worse, no one is going to come over or join us instead of them.

• Clap 1
  • Thumbs 3

20 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I totally agree with this but we also need a new approach, not the same-old one of a "classic heavy rp text based server". What I mean by this is that we're competing with GTA World and they already have most if not all of the things we want to add, and more. It's like a Xiaomi vs Apple thing at the moment - saying "we have an internet browser" and "we added a calculator app" won't make people leave Apple and buy a Xiaomi. We need a rebrand, but also a different direction. Even with all of the updates (which so many people work hard on) we're still going to be 5% of World, and that's normal considering how many devs and time they've spent on their server in the past few years, but we have to be realistic - if we're the same thing but worse, no one is going to come over or join us instead of them.

GTA World is not a server that should be an example to any server that wants a HRP quality community.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Mladjoo said:

GTA World is not a server that should be an example to any server that wants a HRP quality community.

I think it's a great example, actually. Why do you think otherwise?

Sure, they do a lot of stuff in questionable ways and their RP quality is all over the place, but I've seen way more heavy RP being done there than in most places - and of course, a lot of stupid stuff too - mostly because of how large their community is. The smart thing to do is to copy their success and avoid their mistakes instead of letting personal bias cloud your judgement.

After all, what's the point of a perfect but empty heavy RP community? We can 1-1 reality and have the most amazing experience, but what for if there are only 10 people on the whole map? We can't be picky and put up a lot of walls and rules when our peak is so low.

I think we’ve gone over every major issue that management can go ahead and attempt to address. I doubt we’ll have 1.8 dropping and a boost in playerbase before mid January, so we’ll be stuck with a 20 player peak for a while. All in all, my heart goes out to the community and if there’s any way I can help in any venue; you can count on me, my dear friends. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, livid said:

I think we’ve gone over every major issue that management can go ahead and attempt to address. I doubt we’ll have 1.8 dropping and a boost in playerbase before mid January, so we’ll be stuck with a 20 player peak for a while. All in all, my heart goes out to the community and if there’s any way I can help in any venue; you can count on me, my dear friends. 

This for me as well. As @livid said and I'm sure others agree, I am willing to help in whatever ways I can/is needed! My DMs on Discord are always open and I check the forums regularly!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I think it's a great example, actually. Why do you think otherwise?

Sure, they do a lot of stuff in questionable ways and their RP quality is all over the place, but I've seen way more heavy RP being done there than in most places - and of course, a lot of stupid stuff too - mostly because of how large their community is. The smart thing to do is to copy their success and avoid their mistakes instead of letting personal bias cloud your judgement.

After all, what's the point of a perfect but empty heavy RP community? We can 1-1 reality and have the most amazing experience, but what for if there are only 10 people on the whole map? We can't be picky and put up a lot of walls and rules when our peak is so low.

In my opinion it's not, the Management sacrifice a lot of what makes the game fun for "balance reasons." Characters are CKed if a certain admin doesn't like them. LSRP on samp had it's faults, but one thing I admired is that any RP was allowed as long as it wasn't completely off the rails. GTAW's playerbase is huge no doubt about it, but as far as RP goes a quality server with 300-400 players beats a Second Life knockoff with 800 players. I think some of the players and most of the staff team are delusional about some things regarding RP, as most can't draw that fine line between the character and the player and can't get fully immersed into the game. They don't understand the concept of your character not being a representation of you. Also, I viewed a discussion regarding kevlar vests. An admin pitched in and his opinion was "The true Tarkov experience. No from me." I think that sums up the staff team very well. There wasn't an actual objective opinion, not a thought about balancing the feature but just a prejudiced view and a hard no. Even though kevlar vests outside of PD are a very real thing IRL (gun enthusiasts, bodyguards, criminals etc.) LS-RP gave players a lot of freedom regarding some things, but kept it balanced. I was once attacked by some members of PD on GTAW for winning a situation against them (didn't murder any of them keep in mind) and it was conluded that my character is "unrealistic" based off the fact that he gained an advantage against PD. There's this slight feeling I have that most players on GTAW are very new to roleplay and let their OOC views dictate what should happen ICly, particularly that the good guys should always win. I was shocked by the amount of players that had the opinion to run criminal RP into the ground, basically making the game just a chatroom with 3D avatars. Of course this isn't the reality on the server but slowly you can feel the hate people have towards certain players based off what they RP. Giving either illegal RP or legal RP an advantage is a dumb move, they should be kept equal and have a natural dynamic ICly, staff should intervene OOCly only when necessary.

The smart thing to do is to copy their success and avoid their mistakes instead of letting personal bias cloud your judgement.

I completely agree with this though. It's impossible not to be biased by experiences I've had but there are things that could be learned from GTAW, although I still think LS-RP in its original form was better than GTAW by far, but this is a whole different playing field on GTA V now. I think the core of LS-RP shouldn't be changed and the main point should be to have fun, but not punishing other players when they ICly ruin somebody's fun (as that dynamic makes RP interesting.) LS-RP had it's fair share of RP quality problems but I don't think it's what made the server die in the end, it was a side effect of other things happening. Also, even though I've had many unpleasant experiences on LS-RP, something about the community kept bringing me back. GTAW's forums are a cesspit of people trying to be edgy and find any faults to attack people for. People neglect the fact that there's another human behind the screen, if everyone left their ego at the door and remained civil the RP sphere would grow in quality and playerbase.

Sorry for the long post.

• Clap 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

On 12/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, Cursed_King said:

These are actively being worked on. All new features will have Feature Documentation videos/documents at launch

• Strong 1

• Lead Developer
On 12/19/2023 at 11:45 PM, Cursed_King said:

Honestly, I've been very satisfied with the script, features and economy lately.

Even though I've lost motivation to hop on because theres no one around, it's the same people everyday.

I feel like the server needs more transparency and communication, most of the staff are very communicative and helpful.

One last point I want to list, is the illegal side, I feel it's still suffers because LEO are overpowered.

Beside that, I appreciate what the server offers right now, and hats off to the Devs who are putting in the work to develop amazing features.

I highly encourage players to return and give LSRP another try, try something new, or get back to what they started.

And please, no OOC drama.

LEOs being overpowered is something I am constantly tackling, for example recently I've banned LEOs from using assault rifles unless they're facing people with SMGs or assault rifles themselves (meaning no more M4s coming out against AP Pistols, which I thought was stupidly overcompensating)

I do think LEOs should be overpowered, and criminals need to invest more brainpower into escape plans and choice of weapons, but I don't think it should be a guaranteed L for an illegal roleplayer if they interact with police, so if you have any thoughts on that lmk

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1