@The Community - Be the change you want to see

SCANDALOUZ

It's been a while, huh?

Well, it's that time lads.

I want to address the community, especially those unwilling to login anymore - what the hell do y'all want, and what the hell is your problem? What the hell have you not gotten?
Let me get back to you on that, let me first point out to all the stuff that we have gotten.

Company Team:
- We wanted revised business income policy and script in order to enable businesses to actually earn money and be worth while for their owners. - We got that.
- We wanted for business furniture to remain free past the first month of the server, in order not to put aspirant business owners at a massive disadvantage to others that applied for a business a mere 15 days before them. - We got that.
- We wanted the ability to do /cad from our businesses. - We got that.
- We wanted the ability to be paid for doing a business/in-character work that isn't necessarily the stereotypical bar, cafe and etc. (e.g. magazines, news agencies, etc) - We got that.
- We cried about being unable to afford an interior designer for our sex dungeons. - Company team spawned us money to pay interior designers.
- We wanted trucking, taxi and etc player owned companies that are tied to actual existing script jobs. - We got that.
- And much, much, much more. 

The point is that the company team has been nothing short of spectacular in not only listening to the players, but actively co-operating with them for the good of all sides involved, and of course the server and it's business scene.

Faction Team:
- We wanted schemes, we got schemes.
- We wanted more schemes, we got more schemes.
- We wanted solo schemes, we got solo schemes.
- We cried for even more ways to make money illegally. Introducing scenario schemes.
- I personally cried for /f chat to be enabled (it wasn't intended to) because why not? We got that.
- We're getting faction cars and properties on request, something typically reserved for official factions, just to "help us roleplay or whatever" - we are getting those.

I'll say that Faction Team has been moving rather slow in some aspects, perhaps too slow at times, but you have to give credit where credit is due, and we really did get a lot of stuff/most that we have asked for. I dare say we even got a lot more stuff from the faction team as random, 1 month old factions that normally roleplaying servers are accustomed to giving.

These two teams are the backbones for helping create for players, or helping players create for themselves and for others. What the hell have they not given you?

Property Team:
- Y'all wanted the ability to request properties, interior changes, exterior furniture for businesses, outdoor script support for businesses and all that kind of quality of life cool stuff? Well, you got all that. And from what I can see in the forums the proprety team is getting shit done in an extremely timely manner.

Economy Team:
- Y'all wanted for the hardcore economy to be toned down a bit, for pay to be buffed across the board, for automatic paychecks to be added. What the hell have you not gotten?
- Do you want /everything/ for free? If you're still broke, then that is because of your own self. There are /more/ than enough ways to make money. You can sustain/own an excellent car and a home at a great location for virtually doing nothing (no in-game work) but online time. Now, if you want to actually be rich/resourceful - you have to put some work into it. What's so wrong about that?

General Administration:
- Myself has been one of the most loud whiners about the general administration and the urgent need to crack down on all the stupid shit, poor escalations, deathmatching and etc in-game. All of that has been done in case you haven't noticed. I mean, come on, Tony Bilmain has been banned. I still feel like there is a lot of room to grow in that direction, but it should be obvious to anyone who cares to look that the general administration has been looking to crack down on stupid shit, or quite frankly have been getting sick and tired of stupid shit themselves. This is a win.

Development Team:
- Ah shit, here we go again with the development team being the villains, and the script being barebones as fuck. Unplayable? Innit? No, it is fucking not. Yes, the script is raw, but notice all of these cool things that we have gotten above from a variety of staff teams. More than half of them needed the development team to put in the work to enable the ability for these other staff teams to give us these cool things that we wanted. Yes, the server released with a script that didn't live up to expectations, but we have for the most part gotten everything that we have wanted since then, and the development team has been the key player and the fire starter in making sure that we do get all that we wanted.
- So, what the fuck do y'all want? The lack of a hunting script is ruining the LS-RP experience for you? There's quality role play going on into the server. If this does not retain you, nothing will.

Now it's time to expand on the original subject of the topic and just the above development team rant that I have written.

Do you remember when roleplaying was about storytelling? Creativity? Imagination? Do you remember when you didn't need 9000 features/scripts to babysit you for you to have fun roleplaying? Do you need for an automated robot/script to do /everything/ for you?

I'll ask again - What the hell do y'all want?
There is great role play going on into the server. If this doesn't retain you - then absolutely no script feature will.
Isn't this a roleplaying community? Are you not here to roleplay? Do you need for an RPG-esque system to hold your hand or even - do everything for you?

This truly is an age of 100% self-entitlement and 0% self-accontability.
Everyone wants everything right now, but doesn't want to do anything about it.

Understand that, even with all the scripts in the world and paid developers working 24 hours around the clock - this server is only as good as it's communty.
The staff can give us the tools (and they have been giving them), they can't use them instead of ourselves.

If everyone sits on the outside and waits for LS:RP to become a better place before diving in, then it will never be.
Be the change that you want to see.

And this is coming from someone who has been hyper-critical of staff on many ocassions.

And for staff members who are on LOA here while playing GTA:W - Please step down.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Clap 5
  • Love 3

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

You're spitting out straight facts. What am I missing? I don't even know anymore, I create role-play and purposely losing just to give things for others to do. Yet all I see is a bunch of people complaining or trolling  in LS-RP's main discord instead of playing the game (Including staff) Yes the script is not like comparable to the other server but who cares? Right now the script is fine to create dope ass rp if you put your mind to it. Also I barely some of the staff members playing, which is odd to me, like why aren't y'all playing?

Personally I'm gonna stick it on ls-rp until it dies, but players needs to log back in....

Which brings me to the main problem of ls-rp right now. Connectivity issues is a plague and needs to be a priority. Honestly I've had a lot of fun on this server even when it's down to 35 players peak on a Tuesday night. 

But yeah the solution is in y'alls hands right now, I'm doing my part, are you?

this-is-what-im-talking-about-yes.gif

Honestly, as said above, you are spitting facts.

•Be the change you want to see.

•You cannot just sit in the sidelines, complain that the playerbase is low all while  not loggin on.

Shit i think if every person that would do that, would log in, we wouldn't be in that situation in the first place.

BUT, those same people-- Why are you not looking at the people that ARE IN the game when you see that theres 30 people? If you'll add to that, others will follow probably because the pb won't look so low. Theres still those 30 people that are willing to hop in and roleplay with what they got.

•Yes, i would love it if the script was a bit different, as it would add to the RP, but, keyword, ADD. It won't change a lot. Not if you'll let it.

For example, the leather vest at the moment is concidered a top, that means that myself (and the rest of my faction members - The Road Slayers MOTORCYCLE CLUB), as a biker with a vest - left only with the option of an undershirt, and not any undershirt but specifically the t-shirt one. -- So I don't get to have a lot of different clothes options other than to play with the pants and shoes...

If it was an accessory and i could put other clothes WITH the vest - it would ADD to my roleplaying experience --

→ I could put jackets and/or coats for when its raining, instead of driving/walking with a short sleeved t shirt.

→ I could put the vest on over the overalls while working in the garage

→ I could put the the vest over a suit for a wedding / funeral.

Yet, all of those things, I can still do right now, and swallow the fact that people cannot SEE my vest -- In any way, it won't change my roleplay. It would just add to it.

So, my point here is that the script just ADDS (except for when you obviously need it, but obviously the crucial things are already there, and if not, they're planned to be there) to the roleplay, 

you don't need to sit with your arms crossed waiting for all of it to be done just so you could log in and roleplay the same way you would have done even before all this scripted things.

tl;dr

-stop whining that no one logs when you don't log

if you log, people will follow and the playbase will go up

-scripted shit just adds to the rp experience and you can still do it without

• Strong 2

Only showing muscle when its flexing time

Thorgar 'THOR' Eriksson
HELL RUNNERS MC

• Developer
2 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Ah shit, here we go again with the development team being the villains

I sure love being the villain y'know.

But all jokes aside. You certainly make valid points, and most of us are trying their absolute hardest to make this a good place, we're getting tons of new features being added weekly and constant updates with either quick hotfixes, or those new features. The only true and valid complaint that I can understand right now is the fact that we're facing constant severe connectivity issues. And I wish I could say more, but all there is to say is, we're working on it. I get that it can be frustrating for players, but trust me, it is all the more frustrating for us as a team trying to resolve this. We're going through a wide range of options, and trying to fine-tune it all to the best of our ability. But truth be told, other communities have had years to perfect their protection, and in terms of RageMP we're just the new kid on the block trying to figure things out and learn as we go.

I'm not trying to invalidate people's opinion on the economy, which most likely is the most discussed point. But have you actually tried it? Because I keep hearing misconceptions about it. And if you have actual valid concerns that you can share in a form of constructive criticism? Feel free to reach out to me. And that goes for any concern you may have about the server, even outside of the economy.

• Clap 1

I'll answer your question!

What I personally want to say (and what I've been asking for for week/months) is a better and more in-depth justice/criminal system. There has been 0 communication in regards to this while there has been enough discord discussions/topics about it. 

And while not everyone might care about it: I think it's rather comical that right now you are arrested and placed in jail without even getting to know anything of the courts or fighting your innonce. 

That's my only complaint so far.

The issues stated in the original post have been fixed since launch, however, there's a noticeable drop of players since launch. Personally, I think that people gave the server a chance and were too impatient to wait for updates to release. With additions to the development team and Imperium as head of game development, I believe this server will thrive in due time. Every server has issues during its infancy, this is nothing new.

What I'd like to see, and what other community members would likely like to see as well, is a public roadmap. The Google sheets document was shown to us, however, I think having a log that's updated with who's working on what at any given time would provide transparency that would ultimately benefit the server and boost player morale. Keeping a list updated with what's being worked on and what's going to be worked on next based on priority could only be beneficial, in my opinion.

• Clap 2

the server has come leaps and bounds but its still a cumbersome annoying experience with a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy

why come here and work hard, either through acquiring wealth or filling out a ridiculous amount of paperwork to get what you want when you can just stay on the other server where everything (even as a new player) is a fingertip away?

i'm still having to visit 6 different clothing stores to customize my character. makeup is fucking annoying. i cant just straight up buy a cheap car to get around a massive empty city, no i have to sit there for 7 hours afking paychecks before i can lease one (if i havent already quit from the annoying ass dmv test) there is no environment where i can find rp unless its peak time and a business is open.  the events team does absolutely nothing??? its a fresh server and there is zero events lol... 50% of the server's failure can be attributed solely to them ngl. theres permanent technical issues in play (this shit gets ddossed or suffers from a server killing rage bug that prevents players from logging in) seemingly every week

its just not easy to hop on and circumvent 

Everyone who commented on this post literally makes up the PB right now 

LSRP isn’t a top tier roleplay server anymore. It’s a haven for the shit RPers who couldn’t hack it on SAMP so they culminate on here because it’s easy to portray low quality RP without the stress of being chastised for it. 

Hence why the decent and/or better players left. 

You guys can keep jerking each other off trying to figure out how to fix a broken system going up an uphill battle. But hey, at least you’re having fun though, more power to you. 

1 hour ago, trashstar said:

the server has come leaps and bounds but its still a cumbersome annoying experience with a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy

why come here and work hard, either through acquiring wealth or filling out a ridiculous amount of paperwork to get what you want when you can just stay on the other server where everything (even as a new player) is a fingertip away?

i'm still having to visit 6 different clothing stores to customize my character. makeup is fucking annoying. i cant just straight up buy a cheap car to get around a massive empty city, no i have to sit there for 7 hours afking paychecks before i can lease one (if i havent already quit from the annoying ass dmv test) there is no environment where i can find rp unless its peak time and a business is open.  the events team does absolutely nothing??? its a fresh server and there is zero events lol... 50% of the server's failure can be attributed solely to them ngl. theres permanent technical issues in play (this shit gets ddossed or suffers from a server killing rage bug that prevents players from logging in) seemingly every week

its just not easy to hop on and circumvent 

Only certain legal factions have more paperwork, but they have been combating that recently and only people that choose to be either detectives, licensing officials or in the judicial system have to deal with more paperwork, otherwise, it's a paperless world where you can spend 100% of your time in-game.

Can't say anything about make-up, as I haven't had used it, maybe @Natasha Valentine can comment on that more. As for clothing stores, from what I saw so far - Binco has everything under one roof? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

You can lease a cheap car almost immediately, the down payment aren't that big, otherwise you can use the super cheap rentals. I don't get when people complain cars, as there's so many options - both cheap and expensive, me and my friends haven't even brought that up as an issue. DMV could be tweaked - yes, the questions are very hard and most of them are simply misleading and wrong. The driving part is fine though.

There's events almost every weekend, although most of them are organized not by the events team, but ICly by the City Cultural Affairs department. We have a career fair this Saturday!

Technical issues impacted the server heavily, but ddos attacks were to be expected - I mean we even suffered from them back in SAMP.

qgv23wo.png

9 minutes ago, .445 said:

Everyone who commented on this post literally makes up the PB right now 

LSRP isn’t a top tier roleplay server anymore. It’s a haven for the shit RPers who couldn’t hack it on SAMP so they culminate on here because it’s easy to portray low quality RP without the stress of being chastised for it. 

Hence why the decent and/or better players left. 

You guys can keep jerking each other off trying to figure out how to fix a broken system going up an uphill battle. But hey, at least you’re having fun though, more power to you. 

There's no such thing as top-tier roleplay anymore, unless very small and enclosed communities. The newer generation is more used to the fivem type of "roleplay". I've tried multiple servers over the past few years while waiting for LSRP to launch and most of them are the same community-wise. You got bad apples everywhere. I'm not saying LSRP is different, it's exactly the same as everywhere else. There's other issues.

Hell, even in samp it's the same. We tried to launch our own small niche roleplay community after lsrp closed - all was good until new players from elsewhere showed up and ruined the experiences. 

qgv23wo.png

10 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Do you remember when roleplaying was about storytelling? Creativity? Imagination? Do you remember when you didn't need 9000 features/scripts to babysit you for you to have fun roleplaying? Do you need for an automated robot/script to do /everything/ for you?

Most people have never experienced that, so trying to appeal to nostalgia won't have much of an effect. In fact, it's one of the issues.

The problems of the server started before it was even open. The powers that be seem to have thought that just bringing the brand back would've been enough to get former players to abandon other communities and go back home. Unfortunately this was the most wrong of assumptions. For one, after 2016 LSRP lost most of its original appeal, as it had turned into a jumbled mess of OOC connections, user infighting, complacency on behalf of the staff and staleness on behalf of the players and thus most émigrés had no reason to come back other than temporary curiosity. Additionally, the playerbase of other communities isn't composed exclusively of LSRP refugees, and those players who have never heard of it have little reason to check a server that offers a tenth of the features for no other significant gain.

The economic system is good and the idea of having people buy things on credit is both very immersive and realistic in theory, but the scripts surrounding it have been designed backwards, in a way that actually discourages roleplaying around script-based jobs and fosters a mentality of grinding. The trash job works like a single-player mission that forces you to go from point A to point B and then repeat the same action 10 times instead of being a multiplayer system so that multiple players can roleplay a sanitation crew and, you know, roleplay while earning. The trucking is likewise not focused on actually roleplaying by having players share routes or some other similar framework, it instead encourages players to rush like a lemming to earn the most. There's no system that helps players to create roleplay hubs by simply existing while also earning a few bucks (i.e. the 24/7 job system that other communities have). In short the job scripts seem to have been teleported straight from 2010 and there's nothing, or very little, that's scripted to earn money while roleplaying with other people.

But not all scripts are bad. Law enforcement scripts, for example, are quite advanced for a server that has launched not so long ago. Unfortunately not even half of the effort that was put into scripts for LEO factions was put into scripts that cater to illegal factions, with the end result being a noticeably unbalanced situation that definitely soured the illegal roleplayers. There's no reason to engage in the most common types of trafficking since narcotics have no effect and there's thus no market for them (since yeah, roleplay and all, but the people who use them just for roleplay can be counted on the fingers of one hand), and weapons appear to be a dime a dozen for criminals (and unbelievably expensive for legal roleplayers, which contributed to sour that share of the playerbase). Like it or not, the majority of RAGE MP players are used to having heaps of scripts to use as a crutch in their roleplay and thinking otherwise is just foolish from a business standpoint: you can do just fine without them, just don't expect to have enough of a playerbase to support the server.

And even leaving the scripts aside and focusing on the storytelling, another major issue is that nothing was done to combat the staleness that affected SAMP's LSRP, it was doubled down on instead. This wasn't the fault of whoever is calling the shots only, though, as the West Coast has been used as backdrop for 15 years straight and there's very little that can be done differently, but even what could be done differently wasn't even taken into account. The lore and storytelling could've been the saving throws of LSRP, given that its main competitor seem to think that trying to create lore is a capital offense, but the LSRP mythos, despite having 15 years of SAMP history that could've been tapped into to create an immersive history, are reduced to three paragraphs that use the standard  "we're just SoCal, but with some NorCal in an area of the map no one roleplays in".

There's just nothing, in terms of factions or concepts, that can entice players because it isn't found anywhere else. The most obvious example is the legal faction panorama, that could've started with some fresh ideas that hadn't already been beaten to death in LSRP's previous instance and other communities but, no, you decided to go again with the tired LSPD/LSSD combo, which players can already experience in any server set in San Andreas, instead of ditching one of the two in favor of something new such as the SAHP or one of the half a dozen smaller police agencies that operate within LA city limits, and then you topped it all off by making both extremely bloated in an effort to be "realistic" instead of starting small and growing along with the playerbase.

And then there's the complacency, which is perhaps the biggest issue of all. If you want the server to succeed you just cannot afford to be complacent or disappear for weeks on end only to pop up with a half-assed apology promising you'll do better in the future. The competition is many things, but complacent isn't one of them. You cannot possibly expect to pile up broken promise upon broken promise on top of a brand that is already greatly devalued since its heyday and get away with it. You need to set a vision of what you want to achieve roleplay-wise and stick to it, not jump from update to update and make it up as you go along.

Either take it seriously and make justice to the banner you're under or call it a day and let people remember LSRP as the shining city on a hill that it once was.

P.S. for the Panda's surveillance team: see, you're not that special, other management teams need guidance too.

• Clap 3
  • Thumbs 1
  • OK 3

• Sal locked this topic