How Can We All Do Better?

1x1

• Management
1 hour ago, Tungsten said:

All of this, plus we need a roadmap that shows where we are and where we're going.

"Another big update we'll be bringing in to the UCP will be the ability to vote on which upcoming features you'd like to see implemented as a priority. We're committed to both ensuring transparency and giving you, the players, the chance to influence what we do next."

This is sort of my plans, so when the voting has been done. You will then have a roadmap for the upcoming features that you would like to see implemented going from most prioritised to least priority

If you can think of any ideas, on what can be added to this feature via the UCP. Please throw them my way via forum PM's, or discord PM's. 

• Strong 1

3 minutes ago, ScubaStef said:

The newest update goes over some of the planned updates that we have coming up in the future. I do agree, though. There should be some sort of roadmap put in place to keep community members informed of what's going on with the server in the present and what's planned for the future.

I think keeping people informed when there's a feature promised is something that's important. If there's delays, transparency and communication go a long way with trust.

• OK 1

• Developer
8 hours ago, 1x1 said:

Well I didnt want to be the one to start with the direct GTA W comparisons. But at least there are so many people willing to reenact a role properly that there is a large percentile of the populous looking down on individuals who are half assing or obviously there for just dm. 

I think a big issue many glance over is GTA World is essentially LSRP on GTA V. They are modeled greatly after the 2015-2016 play style. From staff- average players. 

If youre bad people arent shy to let you know over there. Here I feel like the admins are dancing on glass because they sort of need the troglodytes who have never left their village far away in the hills. Sort of an all publicity is good publicity situation on LSRP. i.e as long as we have players online its positively impacting LSRP. 

What I find to be outrageous is the fact we have a quality control department and it does not look like any of these administrators in these positions have been innovative role models. Yes it takes some long term play making skills and shaking the right hands but genuinely. 

I also don't think that it is unfair of me to look into the administrators who I have mentioned past. Why? These Admins job is to follow up on individuals and leads and I dont see the harm in my investigation if I am doing less than they do when investigating your average player. In fact, I am quite surprised more average players don't do more research for themselves. 

Who is in charge of appointing positions? Big @Mmartin?

@ImperiumXVII my old friend Joey Tucker is head of it all. 

Is it @jack?

Jack Head of the /Quality Assurance Team/

Reveal hidden contents

A historical timeline based on the information:

Outlaw Heights

First Post: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:49 am
Last Post: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm
Notes: The concept of Outlaw Heights was abandoned shortly after its creation.
The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

First Post: Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 am
Last Post: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm
Notes: The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department was active from May to August 2020.
Kotwica

First Post: Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am
Notes: Kotwica was introduced in May 2020, but there is no information about its abandonment or last post.
Special Enforcement Bureau

First Post: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 am
Last Post: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am
Notes: The Special Enforcement Bureau was active from August to September 2020.

-------------------------------------------
original list from the last page to first
-------------------------------------------

Outlaw Heights
First Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:49 am
Last Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
First Post Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 am
Last Post Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Kotwica
First Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

Special Enforcement Bureau
First Post  Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 am
Last Post Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am

Maybe @kendrickhas something to do with the position decisions? Who really knows? 

Kendrick Assistant Head of Operations

Reveal hidden contents

August 7, 2015:

East Side ViperZ 81216 is founded, with their first post made at 3:35 am.
September 24, 2015:

East Side ViperZ 81216's last post is recorded at 1:27 am.
November 1, 2015:

DeeKay, also known as David, makes his first post.
February 9, 2017:

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216 is established, with their first post made at 11:44 pm.
April 3, 2017:

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216's last post is recorded at 4:23 pm.
March 28, 2017:

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department begins its online presence, with their first post made at 3:42 am.
May 6, 2017:

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department's last post is recorded at 5:12 pm.
May 19, 2017:

The Los Santos Police Department, with the motto "To Protect and to Serve," starts their online forum presence, with their first post made at 2:01 am.
April 29, 2020:

The Los Santos Police Department's last post during this period is recorded at 4:33 pm.
May 13, 2018:

Young Mafia Boys establish themselves online, with their first post made at 4:34 pm.
May 18, 2018:

Young Mafia Boys' last post during this period is recorded at 12:58 pm.
October 26, 2019:

114 is introduced online, with their first post made at 12:33 pm.
April 29, 2020:

114's last post during this period is recorded at 1:39 pm.
October 26, 2019:

The Los Santos Police Department, with the motto "To Protect and to Serve," returns to the online forum, with their first post made at 12:37 pm.
April 29, 2020:

The Los Santos Police Department's last post during this period is recorded at 4:33 pm.

---------------------------------------
original list from the last page 2 first
---------------------------------------
East Side ViperZ 81216
first post Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:35 am
last post Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am

DeeKay aka David
first post Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216
first post Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:44 pm
last post Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:23 pm

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department
first post Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 am
last post Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm

The Los Santos Police Department ― “To Protect and to Se
first post Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 am
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Young Mafia Boys
first post Sun May 13, 2018 4:34 pm
last post Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm

first post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:33 pm
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 pm

The Los Santos Police Department ― “To Protect and to Serve”
first post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:37 pm
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

I have an intricate understanding of the individuals in positions of power, the systemic issues that extend beyond mere staffing decisions, and the noticeable shift in community attitudes. It is imperative that the public gains a comprehensive understanding of why we should entrust those who create and enforce rules, particularly when their qualifications appear to be underwhelming, or when seemingly random individuals are appointed to significant roles.

One concern is the apparent absence of a rigorous quality control check in place. This raises questions about the credibility of the individuals chosen to shape the community.

Moreover, the quality control applied to various factions is also a topic that demands immediate action. Are these factions being evaluated and monitored effectively?

It is disconcerting to observe that a significant portion of the staff I have examined either have a minimal track record of contributions or, even more concerning, have been associated with numerous factions that ultimately failed prior to 2019. This could suggest the influence of personal connections rather than good merit in staff appointments.

The mixture of business and friendship, especially when bringing friends from outside into an organization, can often lead to complications. Regular maintenance of professionalism in such roles ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the community.

Transparency and accountability need to be on the front line of this solution. We need to address these issues and ensure that individuals in positions of power are there based on merit and dedication to the community's well-being, rather than personal relationships.

Just so you know, quality assurance isn’t about roleplay, it’s about the script and big testing, good rant anyway.

• Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

2 minutes ago, jack said:

Just so you know, quality assurance isn’t about roleplay, it’s about the script and big testing, good rant anyway.

Skip the snarky comments. The customer is always right.

Who. Do. We. Look. To. Then. 

Maybe if you weren't so busy thinking of snappy come backs you'd have the time to answer a simple question. 

k3pvbWU.png

This isn't a rant if you read the first post. Contrary this goes to show the only attention this is getting is from admins who have friends sharing specific posts. If you give so much of a fuck do some reading and get together a put together thought. 

• Bigsmoke 1
  • Ryder 1
  • Clap 3

• Developer

There is no snarky comments. I’ve not the time to read the full post at the moment and was responding to the one thing I was tagged in to set the record straight.

You said you want me to answer a question, please ask it.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, 1x1 said:

Admin Selection and Impact on Server:

• Q. Admins should be like lifeguards or sports referees, interacting positively with players.

• Q. Some admins have been unpopular, affecting the server's health.

• Q. It seems upper management hired admins who did not meet expectations, leading to skepticism about their abilities.

•  
  • Two-Factor Authentication and Customer Service:

• Q. The issue of players locked out due to two-factor authentication should be taken seriously.

• Q. Consider recognizing long-term players and providing incentives.

• Q. Grinding should be balanced with roleplay abilities.

• What Makes LSRP Great:

• Q. LSRP's self-governance and player-driven nature stand out.

• Q. The server thrived during periods of owner inactivity, relying on exceptional staff members.

• Possible Solutions:

• Q. Research archived forums for past factions, notable players, and ideal staff members.

• Q. Seek individuals with social networks outside LSRP to diversify the player base.

• Q. Temporarily alter rules (i.e lower the robbery level to encourage roleplay.)

• What Can Be Repaired:

• Q. Encourage players to bring new faces to the server to combat clan warfare ideology.

• Q. Address the decline of the Western player base and its impact on server standards.

• Q. Promote character-driven conflicts over OOC disputes and improve combat roleplay.

• Random Thoughts:

• Q. Despite features, there's enough to enjoy on the server.

• Q. Consider map size and exterior interactive interior design for higher player interaction.(less /enter more open world interior locations i.e binco burger shot etc )

This is the topic at hand. My private investigation into all administrators is a second hand matter which is supportive evidence. This topic is quickly turning into various admins scrambling to save their job and show face. If you care so much about LSRP why havent I seen a quarter of the investigative work I have done in the past 24/hours?

Multiple administrators asking me to justify hard evidence you claim to be obsolete. Why does anything I say matter then? You're trying to get me to say something that will save yourselves. Stop worrying about yourselves if theres nothing to worry about. The proof is in the pudding. 

If you dont have time for this get back to us when you do @jack. The same way you dont have time to read is the same way I dont have time for people who dont make the time for themselves I dont have the time to summarize what 20+ others have took their precious time to engage in. Saying you dont have time to read is as unprofessional as it is unrealistic for this set and setting. If you are so busy that you have the time to go back and forth with someone with 0 context then I'm busier. 

NDhHyij.png

For the record I gave you 25 minutes from your last post and youre still looking at the topic. Busy busy busy? 

Spoiler

26Wgxoo.png

Edited by 1x1

• Developer

This is the topic at hand. My private investigation into all administrators is a second hand matter which is supportive evidence. This topic is quickly turning into various admins scrambling to save their job and show face. If you care so much about LSRP why havent I seen a quarter of the investigative work I have done in the past 24/hours?

Great, when I've time to properly look through what you've said then I'll reply no problem. Good luck on said investigation and I hope you get the answers you're looking for whenever it comes to a close, I wont comment on other staff members replies as I havent read them so don't know the context of said replies.

Multiple administrators asking me to justify hard evidence you claim to be obsolete. Why does anything I say matter then? You're trying to get me to say something that will save yourselves. Stop worrying about yourselves if theres nothing to worry about. The proof is in the pudding. 

I assume this has some context to it that is missing from the text you've wrote - "Stop worrying about yourselves if theres nothing to worry about". I've nothing to worry about as I've done nothing wrong, so assumption leads me to this is pointing to other staff members, therefore I will not go into this.

If you dont have time for this get back to us when you do @jack. The same way you dont have time to read is the same way I dont have time for people who dont make the time for themselves I dont have the time to summarize what 20+ others have took their precious time to engage in. Saying you dont have time to read is as unprofessional as it is unrealistic for this set and setting. If you are so busy that you have the time to go back and forth with someone with 0 context then I'm busier.

As mentioned in my first few words on this post, I will do. You're rambling here for the sake of rambling, I never once asked you to summerise what 20+ players have said. I don't really think it is unprofessional and unrealistic. When you've real life commitments and check the forums when you get a chance to see yourself being tagged in a post for leading the quality assurance team that you assumed is to do with roleplay quality, I felt the need to reply so it doesn't look like I'm in charge of something I'm not, if you look here you can see what the roles of people and their responsibilties, https://community.ls-rp.com/management/

I'm trying to understand the concept of this thread. I believe the question was what the community as a whole could do to improve. This thread has taken a turn and has went straight after staff members as if we're the issue.  While I agree that there are things that staff could do to keep members more educated as to what the current and future plans are, I don't think the problem lies entirely within the staff team. There are things that members can also do to promote more roleplay ideas. I've personally come up with a few ideas of my own, but due to the fact that the feature I'm waiting on hasn't been implemented (at least yet), I'm holding off on the idea. People can come up with all sorts of ideas for roleplay. I've seen a business with boat rentals that could promote all sorts of different types of roleplay. Boat parties, "pirate attacks", etc. Different roleplay opportunities can branch out into different roleplay scenarios that people could get into. Something that I think we had a while ago was a boat rescue, which was pretty cool and different. 

Imagine for example if there was a Coast Guard faction. All of the map is either surrounded by water or has several bodies of water that can be found inland. CG could also be used for maritime law enforcement, search and rescue operations, or even for natural disaster events. All it takes is a bit of research and creativity and people can come up with all sorts of ideas that could bring a lot more people on board.

I've combed through every post on this thread, and I have not seen any actual constructive criticism except for a select few posts. All I've read so far are attacks on different staff members, specifically bringing up history from several years ago on SA-MP and going back and forth for the sake of just wanting to argue. Threads like this never really work because one side of the isle provides criticism and raises concerns with ideas on how to fix these issues, while the other is usually only interested in shit-posting & spreading nonsense.

The positive feedback and legitimate concerns raised in the thread are appreciated. 

As stated in an earlier post by Jack;

1 hour ago, jack said:

..-if you look here you can see what the roles of people and their responsibilties, https://community.ls-rp.com/management/

If there any areas of concern such as faction management, quality assurance, illegal schemes and so forth, you may direct yourself to the link above and speak to the person in charge of that respective area. 

I will be locking this thread as it has been completely derailed and more than half of the posts serve no actual purpose in terms of looking for ways to fix areas of concern. Have a good night.

Edited by Jerome
  • Clap 2

• Jerome locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Senior Lead Admin
36 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I've combed through every post on this thread, and I have not seen any actual constructive criticism except for a select few posts. All I've read so far are attacks on different staff members, specifically bringing up history from several years ago on SA-MP and going back and forth for the sake of just wanting to argue. Threads like this never really work because one side of the isle provides criticism and raises concerns with ideas on how to fix these issues, while the other is usually only interested in shit-posting & spreading nonsense.

The positive feedback and legitimate concerns raised in the thread are appreciated. 

As stated in an earlier post by Jack;

If there any areas of concern such as faction management, quality assurance, illegal schemes and so forth, you may direct yourself to the link above and speak to the person in charge of that respective area. 

I will be locking this thread as it has been completely derailed and more than half of the posts serve no actual purpose in terms of looking for ways to fix areas of concern. Have a good night.

I couldn’t agree more. I opened it back up for constructive criticism, but this whole staff history is just something else. 

There’s plenty of ways to relay feedback to staff, my PM inbox is one of them. 

• Clap 2

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜