How Can We All Do Better?

1x1

40 minutes ago, Grover The Good said:

textwall of many truths

A lot of wisdom in here, I'd like to echo a couple of points, but also disagree with a few others.

Server Direction & GTA:W Comparisons
You're 100% on the money. GTA:W's problem actually isn't their script or system design. Those are great. GTA:W's problem is its execution, the fact that it's staff and player base as a whole have a mindset of wanting to see each other on the top of the mountain as opposed to make sure it's a functional village. The fact that it's ran like a business and not a role playing community, etc, etc. But, I digress. Where you're on the money is that we are for the most part doing the exact same shit GTA:W is, outside of turning LSRP+ into a money making scheme/play to win entity to benefit whoever is at the helm. GTA:W has a seven year head start. We will /never/ catch up to them in terms of scripting. What we can do is use them as a great textbook and observe what has worked for them and what hasn't. We're making the exact same mistakes they are. The role playing quality is comperable, many fundamental issues are the same and etc. The point that I'm trying to make and echo is that for LSRP+ to be succeseful in any way, shape or form, it has to be different from GTA:W, and again - we're doing the exact same shit that they are for the most part. And if and when we do - obviously we're going to fail. Because when you have two nearly identical places in terms of fundamentals and core philosophy, why would the majority play here and not at a nearly the same place, except with a much better script and higher population?

I've been whining about direction a lot, ever LS-RP started. Like I've said in countless of threads and discords - it feel like that the server as a whole is lacking direction. Everything that is being done is reactionary and often not well thought of. There's no bigger picture in mind. On top of that, there is NOT a clear cut core philosophy that is established. It feels like we're trying to have it both ways. Have the cake, but it eat it too. Cater to everyone. Well, it doesn't work that way. Insert you can't please everyone number one rule of entertainment rule here. What LS-RP /needs/ to do is stop trying to please everyone and actually provide a set in stone philosophy and direction. Is this going to be a hardcore role playing server for real and not just on paper. Is this going to be a role playing community where you can spend limited time, but get your daily dose of action and adrenaline a la a cops and robbers on steroids? Questions like that are what the management needs to ask themselves, come up with an answer for themselves and actually walk the talk from that point on. A good example of this whole thing is the fact that at one point we increased gun prices to the likes of $5000 per gun in this hardcore-ish economy, but the topic of admin forced character kills for stupid shit like suicide by cop remained as an absolutely taboo topic and a no-no. So, yeah - which one is it?

Staff, progression within Staff and it being more political and network based than based on sheer merit
Not much to say here. Yes, you're right. An ideal world this would not be the case. The staff process and infrastructure would not be the way it is and so forth. This isn't how humans, nor how the world works. Speaking about that is borderline pointless. At this point we're not trying to discuss system design and how a role playing community is ran, but change human nature itself. That won't happen. The best thing we can do is as a community is continue to be vocal, just like you are right now, and essentially peer pressure whoever is staff into getting stuff done.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

Well I didnt want to be the one to start with the direct GTA W comparisons. But at least there are so many people willing to reenact a role properly that there is a large percentile of the populous looking down on individuals who are half assing or obviously there for just dm. 

I think a big issue many glance over is GTA World is essentially LSRP on GTA V. They are modeled greatly after the 2015-2016 play style. From staff- average players. 

If youre bad people arent shy to let you know over there. Here I feel like the admins are dancing on glass because they sort of need the troglodytes who have never left their village far away in the hills. Sort of an all publicity is good publicity situation on LSRP. i.e as long as we have players online its positively impacting LSRP. 

What I find to be outrageous is the fact we have a quality control department and it does not look like any of these administrators in these positions have been innovative role models. Yes it takes some long term play making skills and shaking the right hands but genuinely. 

I also don't think that it is unfair of me to look into the administrators who I have mentioned past. Why? These Admins job is to follow up on individuals and leads and I dont see the harm in my investigation if I am doing less than they do when investigating your average player. In fact, I am quite surprised more average players don't do more research for themselves. 

Who is in charge of appointing positions? Big @Mmartin?

@ImperiumXVII my old friend Joey Tucker is head of it all. 

Is it @jack?

Jack Head of the /Quality Assurance Team/

Spoiler

A historical timeline based on the information:

Outlaw Heights

First Post: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:49 am
Last Post: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm
Notes: The concept of Outlaw Heights was abandoned shortly after its creation.
The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

First Post: Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 am
Last Post: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm
Notes: The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department was active from May to August 2020.
Kotwica

First Post: Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am
Notes: Kotwica was introduced in May 2020, but there is no information about its abandonment or last post.
Special Enforcement Bureau

First Post: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 am
Last Post: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am
Notes: The Special Enforcement Bureau was active from August to September 2020.

-------------------------------------------
original list from the last page to first
-------------------------------------------

Outlaw Heights
First Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:49 am
Last Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
First Post Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 am
Last Post Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Kotwica
First Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

Special Enforcement Bureau
First Post  Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 am
Last Post Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am

Maybe @kendrickhas something to do with the position decisions? Who really knows? 

Kendrick Assistant Head of Operations

Spoiler

August 7, 2015:

East Side ViperZ 81216 is founded, with their first post made at 3:35 am.
September 24, 2015:

East Side ViperZ 81216's last post is recorded at 1:27 am.
November 1, 2015:

DeeKay, also known as David, makes his first post.
February 9, 2017:

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216 is established, with their first post made at 11:44 pm.
April 3, 2017:

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216's last post is recorded at 4:23 pm.
March 28, 2017:

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department begins its online presence, with their first post made at 3:42 am.
May 6, 2017:

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department's last post is recorded at 5:12 pm.
May 19, 2017:

The Los Santos Police Department, with the motto "To Protect and to Serve," starts their online forum presence, with their first post made at 2:01 am.
April 29, 2020:

The Los Santos Police Department's last post during this period is recorded at 4:33 pm.
May 13, 2018:

Young Mafia Boys establish themselves online, with their first post made at 4:34 pm.
May 18, 2018:

Young Mafia Boys' last post during this period is recorded at 12:58 pm.
October 26, 2019:

114 is introduced online, with their first post made at 12:33 pm.
April 29, 2020:

114's last post during this period is recorded at 1:39 pm.
October 26, 2019:

The Los Santos Police Department, with the motto "To Protect and to Serve," returns to the online forum, with their first post made at 12:37 pm.
April 29, 2020:

The Los Santos Police Department's last post during this period is recorded at 4:33 pm.

---------------------------------------
original list from the last page 2 first
---------------------------------------
East Side ViperZ 81216
first post Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:35 am
last post Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am

DeeKay aka David
first post Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Oriental Avenue ViperZ 81216
first post Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:44 pm
last post Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:23 pm

The San Andreas Sheriff's Department
first post Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 am
last post Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm

The Los Santos Police Department ― “To Protect and to Se
first post Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 am
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Young Mafia Boys
first post Sun May 13, 2018 4:34 pm
last post Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm

first post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:33 pm
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 pm

The Los Santos Police Department ― “To Protect and to Serve”
first post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:37 pm
last post Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm

I have an intricate understanding of the individuals in positions of power, the systemic issues that extend beyond mere staffing decisions, and the noticeable shift in community attitudes. It is imperative that the public gains a comprehensive understanding of why we should entrust those who create and enforce rules, particularly when their qualifications appear to be underwhelming, or when seemingly random individuals are appointed to significant roles.

One concern is the apparent absence of a rigorous quality control check in place. This raises questions about the credibility of the individuals chosen to shape the community.

Moreover, the quality control applied to various factions is also a topic that demands immediate action. Are these factions being evaluated and monitored effectively?

It is disconcerting to observe that a significant portion of the staff I have examined either have a minimal track record of contributions or, even more concerning, have been associated with numerous factions that ultimately failed prior to 2019. This could suggest the influence of personal connections rather than good merit in staff appointments.

The mixture of business and friendship, especially when bringing friends from outside into an organization, can often lead to complications. Regular maintenance of professionalism in such roles ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the community.

Transparency and accountability need to be on the front line of this solution. We need to address these issues and ensure that individuals in positions of power are there based on merit and dedication to the community's well-being, rather than personal relationships.

36 minutes ago, 1x1 said:

Well I didnt want to be the one to start with the direct GTA W comparisons. But at least there are so many people willing to reenact a role properly that there is a large percentile of the populous looking down on individuals who are half assing or obviously there for just dm. 

I think a big issue many glance over is GTA World is essentially LSRP on GTA V. They are modeled greatly after the 2015-2016 play style. From staff- average players. 

If youre bad people arent shy to let you know over there. Here I feel like the admins are dancing on glass because they sort of need the troglodytes who have never left their village far away in the hills. Sort of an all publicity is good publicity situation on LSRP. i.e as long as we have players online its positively impacting LSRP. 

What I find to be outrageous is the fact we have a quality control department and it does not look like any of these administrators in these positions have been innovative role models. Yes it takes some long term play making skills and shaking the right hands but genuinely. 

I also don't think that it is unfair of me to look into the administrators who I have mentioned past. Why? These Admins job is to follow up on individuals and leads and I dont see the harm in my investigation if I am doing less than they do when investigating your average player. In fact, I am quite surprised more average players don't do more research for themselves. 

Who is in charge of appointing positions? Big @Mmartin?

@ImperiumXVII my old friend Joey Tucker is head of it all. 

Is it @jack?

Jack Head of the /Quality Assurance Team/

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe @kendrickhas something to do with the position decisions? Who really knows? 

Kendrick Assistant Head of Operations

Reveal hidden contents

I have an intricate understanding of the individuals in positions of power, the systemic issues that extend beyond mere staffing decisions, and the noticeable shift in community attitudes. It is imperative that the public gains a comprehensive understanding of why we should entrust those who create and enforce rules, particularly when their qualifications appear to be underwhelming, or when seemingly random individuals are appointed to significant roles.

One concern is the apparent absence of a rigorous quality control check in place. This raises questions about the credibility of the individuals chosen to shape the community.

Moreover, the quality control applied to various factions is also a topic that demands immediate action. Are these factions being evaluated and monitored effectively?

It is disconcerting to observe that a significant portion of the staff I have examined either have a minimal track record of contributions or, even more concerning, have been associated with numerous factions that ultimately failed prior to 2019. This could suggest the influence of personal connections rather than good merit in staff appointments.

The mixture of business and friendship, especially when bringing friends from outside into an organization, can often lead to complications. Regular maintenance of professionalism in such roles ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the community.

Transparency and accountability need to be on the front line of this solution. We need to address these issues and ensure that individuals in positions of power are there based on merit and dedication to the community's well-being, rather than personal relationships.

Again, posting our history which shows nothing. People in the positions they are in now have put in work for this new generation of LSRP from the beginning and didn’t jump ship when things were looking bad. We put in the work behind the scenes and did what we could to make sure things run smoothly and effectively, and we got acknowledged for our hard work and put into the positions we are in. The posts that you cant see due to you not being a staff member doesn’t show the 1000s of posts we had in the private team sections. I was Faction Team when it was called Faction Management, and got appointed Head of Drug scheme. I put in work and earned my stripes like everyone else before getting FTC, and look at everyone around me that was in FT, they all left leaving me behind alone until Ddaniels came along and we put forth effort for the illegal side of the community and did everything we could do.

• OK 1

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for being upright and honest, I think that community feedback is instrumental for the future development of the server and if the server is going to succeed it is because the community feels that they can be honest and the administration takes the feedback.

My feedback on the staff question/point - I am one of those staff members that seemingly have minimal contributions. I didn't find a faction, I didn't roleplay a criminal. However, what I am trying to do is fill gaps in the server and give back to the server not through roleplay but through administrating the server. The reality of the situation is that there is an unintended consequence of becoming a game administration and that is if you are a member of a criminal or legal faction and you are called to a staff scene and you rule against a particular party it can be drawn out to be because you are a member of an opposing faction. 

A lot of the work that staff does is discrete, character applications, monitoring player base, tracking down ban evaders, etc. It's not glamorous and a lot of it can't be tracked by members of the community. However, trust me we are doing things!

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

14 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

I echo this.

There's a fuck ton of stuff that exists and is happening that the community as a whole has absolutely no idea is possible.
Hell, some testers/staff members even have no idea is possible.

We need to do a much better job at feature documentation.

I skimmed through the topic a bit, and this is something I can get behind.

LS-RP nowadays is focused on features. The documentation of those features and stuff like feature previews for each new system being added isn't a priority right now. When a new update is published, there's a blog post, but often times it's just a quick changelog. Sometimes that changelog actually includes whole new features, and I believe there was an attempt at a feature showcase in the last major update. When a bunch of new vehicles were added, there was no gallery, there was no list. It was all just barebones text.

This ties into what I believe is an area LS-RP can improve: marketing. Because Management were often times developers, their focus was on code and functionality, rather than advertising the features. Yeah, the blog posts with the occasional art made by someone in Staff are a good start, but more needs to be done, which leads me to mention player acquisition. I used to check for LS-RP videos on YouTube daily (sorting by upload date), and even on LS-RP:V, that trend continued. Until there was an interruption of service for a few weeks, and I don't think many people, including myself, have posted videos since then. LS-RP:V has come far from when it launched in terms of features. The new additions to the development team were the best move, and it's unfortunate, it couldn't happen sooner.

I'd argue in terms of retention, LS-RP has done what it can to retain players, and the 70 or so daily that log on will probably stay (although the decline after a week without updates is evident.)  Now it should start focusing on acquisition through marketing. Whether that be an expansion in the communication team or a marketing team that focuses on generating leads (interested people) and then achieving a conversion (person applies and plays a bit). From my personal experience, marketing is such a diverse field, so I'm sure there are a few people that have the skillset and are willing to help out with that.

Edited by Consistency

47 minutes ago, Mitcholodolo said:

Again, posting our history which shows nothing.

and look at everyone around me that was in FT, they all left leaving me behind alone until Ddaniels came along and we put forth effort for the illegal side of the community and did everything we could do.

You say youre not to blame and yes you are not alone. Statistically history is working against your personal ideology. I'm not saying you are all incapable I am highlighting some interesting factors though, which is public information at the end of the day. 

I did my part revising my thoughts and opinions with the general community. I can see what factions or groups or individuals are here to fuck off vs people who are here to use the server for what it was conceptually built upon., roleplay. 

Your responses leave open questions. So who is to blame then? Is it the community? Is it your superiors? Don't your superiors delegate tasks which you're expected to complete? I've looked into everyone tied into this mess directly. 

I'm not looking to steal your jobs relax. I'm a whistle blower give me higher caliber roleplay. I'm not interested in free labor.

I just think its questionable @Mitcholodolo has turned this into a personal matter. You seem pressed. Admins will dig through 5-10 years of records to get someone banned. I investigated at a lower caliber and it threw a monkey wrench in everybodys day. 

I'm not salty. I've never even been banned from the server I just find there to be a level of hypocrisy that need be addressed. As a long term player and external entity. Not tied to any staff. Even though I've played in plenty of communities to know who all of you are. 

Imperium knows I fuck. 

42 minutes ago, ImperiumXVII said:

hello i dont remember a 1x1 but hi

I apologize to those who have been effected by the sleeping giant thus far but am here to exclaim my personal investigation is far from over and these are the mere beginning phases of my analysis. Excited to follow up soon. 

Edited by 1x1

Just now, 1x1 said:

I just think its questionable @Mitcholodolo has turned this into a personal matter. You seem pressed. Admins will dig through 5-10 years of records to get someone banned. I investigated at a lower caliber and it threw a monkey wrench in everybodys day. 

Incorrect. Nobody's admin record from SAMP was carried over to GTA V. New server, new chances. On all levels - factions included.

16 minutes ago, Consistency said:

This ties into what I believe is an area LS-RP can improve: marketing. Because Management were often times developers, their focus was on code and functionality, rather than advertising the features. Yeah, the blog posts with the occasional art made by someone in Staff are a good start, but more needs to be done, which leads me to mention player acquisition. I used to check for LS-RP videos on YouTube daily (sorting by upload date), and even on LS-RP:V, that trend continued.

I know @Sal is making moves to help with Marketing on the Comms team, I'm seeing that first hand as I just joined it. There are some things that @Dos Santos is helping with as well on that front. I know I hit up the PD discord for videos so we can work on doing something with them on the comms team and got one person's response so far.

2 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Incorrect. Nobody's admin record from SAMP was carried over to GTA V. New server, new chances. On all levels - factions included.

Not incorrect. It has happened in the past. Can it happen now? No.

Point still stands. 

Calm down Technicality King. I'm just making light that these guys are so bothered I looked up what they decided to present to the world. We all have regrets. 

Me displaying that these people did little to nothing. Or a lot of nothing that lead to nothing kind of does imply a sense of factual importance? You think I havent gone through their recent forum posts as well? It's not like anyone mentioned took their past and created a better future in this situation we are seeing a friend group hoarding the staff team in its entirety.

If so much is happening behind the scenes why isnt there any lights camera or action happening here? I keep seeing excuse announcements and like that other guy in here already said the discord has been muted for everyone a long time ago. Features dont even matter that much in my opinion comparatively to what we all came from which was next to nothing feature wise. Community relations needs improvement. We need go getters not a bunch of people behind the scenes with no proof to the pudding. Why is it youre all so capable in seclusion but cant be the forefront of the community we desperately need? 

This server ran best in periods of Mmartins ultimate inactivity.

Excuses are running thin. 

16 minutes ago, 1x1 said:

I'm not looking to steal your jobs relax. I'm a whistle blower give me higher caliber roleplay. I'm not interested in free labor.

Lets ease tensions. Let me reiterate this is a group problem and no individuals. 

46 minutes ago, Consistency said:

Now it should start focusing on acquisition through marketing. Whether that be an expansion in the communication team or a marketing team that focuses on generating leads (interested people) and then achieving a conversion (person applies and plays a bit). From my personal experience, marketing is such a diverse field, so I'm sure there are a few people that have the skillset and are willing to help out with that.

I think that this is a really key point that we didn't do too much on SAMP and we need it now more than ever.

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

TLDR: I am not calling anyone out, just highlighting points as a member of the community and meant it to be constructive. Please do not take anything mentioned personally.

I have read this as a legacy member of the LS-RP community. I have played LS-RP since 2011 and waited to come back. Server management made False promises for the server launch on more than one occasion. 

That said, it's behind us, and the server is open. During pre-launch, the server had a population of around 90-100 players at peak. After launch, the server had a population of around 200ish, a good amount for a recently launched server. Since launch, we have been promised weekly updates that turned out to be nothing more than clout. Come around to a server peak of approximately 90 players a few months after full launch, and we get a post from the owner Mmartin https://community.ls-rp.com/entry/76-we-need-to-talk/ -- promising fixes and updates. Management failed to produce these updates, and then whispers of an update kept coming from members of the staff team. Nothing, now we are in October, passed an entire month since any update worth mentioning. Nothing has been delivered. As a member of the community, this is sad and frustrating at the same time. We brought people back who were skeptical of LSRP Management for this reason and have since left the server. We had legacy members depart from the server silently due to these reasons.

The management team needs to take a complete step back. Drop any ego or feelings they may have about this message or post and examine what can be done to fix this. You will only lose the player base without immediate fixes, updates, and debugging being dropped.

Secondly, this economy is a slap in the face to the players. Tapering has done more harm than good. Good intentions behind the move, yes. Horrible execution. I would like to see members of this management care about its player base and change the economic system for the better.

Faction start-ups are currently hard to manage with the servers' current state. Factions and their ability to survive drive the server base as a whole. It is a balance between illegal and legal factions. Currently, there are more LEO roleplayers like myself than illegal roleplayers on the server, causing frustrations from the criminal community. Currently, applications have been closed since late August for companies and businesses. I'd estimate approximately 80% of these companies are inactive and should be removed by management while reopening applications to allow roleplay to thrive and continue.

The number of schemes is excellent for the server; unfortunately, the management team has allowed it to be inflated to the point where it's currently hard to sell in the inflated market. I believe most people will agree on this point.

Third, legal roleplay needs to be improved. It completely lacks incentives for legal roleplayers to thrive. Legal roleplayers can do nothing besides visit open businesses, drive around aimlessly, and play dice games in the casinos with the current opportunities.

Edited by Airman
  • Clap 2

11 minutes ago, Airman said:

The management team needs to take a complete step back. Drop any ego or feelings they may have about this message or post and examine what can be done to fix this. You will only lose the player base without immediate fixes, updates, and debugging being dropped.

Tapering has done more harm than good. 

The number of schemes is excellent for the server; unfortunately, the management team has allowed it to be inflated to the point where it's currently hard to sell in the inflated market.

Third, legal roleplay needs to be improved. It completely lacks incentives for legal roleplayers to thrive.

All of this, plus we need a roadmap that shows where we are and where we're going.

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Tungsten said:

All of this, plus we need a roadmap that shows where we are and where we're going.

The newest update goes over some of the planned updates that we have coming up in the future. I do agree, though. There should be some sort of roadmap put in place to keep community members informed of what's going on with the server in the present and what's planned for the future.

• Jerome locked, unlocked and locked this topic