Radical Measures to combat the Low & Decreasing Playerbase.

SCANDALOUZ

Honestly @Mikeythe only thing that "removing LSSD" will fix is the issues we have within the LEO factions. E.g not enough FTOs to take trainees, not enough sergeant trainers, no one wants to lead X division or Y assignment.

And as Jerome mentioned, you're a Staff Officer in PD, so sure. Let me have my Captain assignment, let Jerome have his commander assignment, let Jack have his faction leader assignment, let Brasi have his co-leader assignment. We can /NOT/ close it down. Put yourself in our shoes. What if you were Executive Staff in SD and then LFM says "Oh guys, we're closing down SD sorry you will have to transfer" and then you got Sergeant instead? Screw the ranks, it's about the amount of work you put in to achieve what you've achieved just for it to be taken from you. 

Closing down a LEO faction won't solve any issue we have in terms of playerbase. Because I for example dont like any other type of roleplay aside from LEO, so removing me from SD will just make me not wanna play anymore. And that's the case for many other players. It won't cause myself or someone else like me to say "Well, rip. I'll just go be a civilian or look for an illegal faction to roleplay with." 

• Clap 1

your best man

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Clearly if there was a choice to pick between PD and SD then the LSPD would be the obvious one considering we are roleplaying in the city and it wouldn't make sense to have a sheriff's department patrol LS, that's why.

This doesn't make sense. SD realistically has more jurisdiction - both city and county. 

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1

If I'm to be 100% honest? None of this back and forth matters for the simple fact that I guarantee you we're speaking amongst ourselves with no staff awareness. 

That in all is our big problem. The inconsistency, lack of updates, lack of care for the community and the egregious amount of time it takes for aspects of the server to be handled i.e reports/requests...

None of this bullshit will change until our leadership does point blank. We need more goddamn updates, we need more implementation, and we can sit here and jerk each other off and act like it's happening behind the scenes (that's what developers and staff keep telling us) while we sit here with 0 updates and/or additions and constant server issues.

And for those who will reply with, "aDDiNg mOrE uPdaTeS WoNt fIX tHe pRobLeM", yes it will. People like features, people like to enhance roleplay WITH script wide features, this is a fundamental fact. We can sit here and keep circle jerking or actually have a solution which I doubt when a high majority of our staff don't seem to care as much as the players do (because if they did we'd be having updates/meeting every week, but we don't and it's all rhetoric).

9 hours ago, .445 said:

That's not the point brother. We're trying to improve the quality of this roleplay and MANY players have said the same thing over and over.

Answer this: Do you think the current roster of LE players is overinflated in correlation to our current PB? 

I tend to agree with what someone previously commented, I don't know why we have LSSD and LSPD with such a small PB. We should remove LSSD as a whole and just focus on LSPD until player count grows. What are your thoughts on this?

There should be a limit on how many on duty for the player count. It would add an element of fairness and encourage off duty roleplay by officers and deputies.

47 minutes ago, Tungsten said:

There should be a limit on how many on duty for the player count. It would add an element of fairness and encourage off duty roleplay by officers and deputies.

I'm not entirely against that but it needs to be a realistic number, not 10 people on duty at most because people want to commit broad daylight shootings with no repercussions. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nobody said removing LSSD is a good idea, I couldn't care less. You guys need to take a chill pill. I am answering to the random comments of people dropping made up stuff about SD's activity versus PD's.

People switch up a lot in public eh?

SD is more active than PD and has always been since launch - it's not a secret. It's even been said by people in your own leadership team, there's nothing wrong with that either. We just have more numbers, it is what it is. This isn't any attempt to discredit either faction, I even said that it's completely fine if people prefer PD over SD or SD over PD. It's their decision to roleplay what they want to roleplay. 

In regards to the surplus of LEOs, I've talked with @lynx and we will be working together to combat these issues. Recruitment and reinstatements for both factions will be closed until further notice therefore we're not adding more numbers to either faction. Both factions will keep transfers open to allow LEOs to go from one faction to another, if they desire. If anyone has any concerns regarding LSSD, you may bring them up to myself or @jack. If you have any concerns with LSPD, you may bring them up with @lynx.

Let's get back onto other topics that'll help the community.

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Brasi said:

I'm not sure how this entire thread turned into a PD/SD debate but it'll be ending here.

In regards to the surplus of LEOs, I've talked with @lynx and we will be working together to combat these issues. Recruitment and reinstatements for both factions will be closed until further notice therefore we're not adding more numbers to either faction. Both factions will keep transfers open to allow LEOs to go from one faction to another, if they desire. If anyone has any concerns regarding LSSD, you may bring them up to myself or @jack. If you have any concerns with LSPD, you may bring them up with @lynx.

Let's get back onto other topics that'll help the community.

From the replies, it seems we got into this issue as several members brought up a concern that it’s difficult to do criminal roleplay when a patrol car is circling the block every 5 minutes.

35 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I'm not entirely against that but it needs to be a realistic number, not 10 people on duty at most because people want to commit broad daylight shootings with no repercussions. 

SD is more active than PD and has always been since launch - it's not a secret. It's even been said by people in your own leadership team, there's nothing wrong with that either. We just have more numbers, it is what it is. This isn't any attempt to discredit either faction, I even said that it's completely fine if people prefer PD over SD or SD over PD. It's their decision to roleplay what they want to roleplay. 

As for this, I wonder if it would be more “fair” to have a proportion that makes sense. For example, for every 10 players, 2 may be on-duty law enforcement. At 50 players, that would mean a ratio of 40 non-LEO to 10 LEO. At 100 players, that would be 80:20. It would probably make the most sense to do it as a script addition restricting the /duty command if the proportion is exceeded. Thats just my two cents.

- - -

As for the other problems, the decreasing player base from my view is due to an insufficient value proposition. Players are currently faced with a dilemma of whether to choose a higher population with more script features and more roleplay opportunities, or to choose the server they’ve played for years and hope its offering gets better in time. This is nothing more than an issue of incentive and economics — people will go where their time is best invested, and right now that isn’t here (which isn’t a bad thing, it’s an opportunity to face facts and improve).

Personally, I think the other server is garbage because of how factions are run, the way laws are created, and the emphasis on RPG-style gameplay over truly-realistic roleplay.

There are many examples throughout business in which the underdog has, through persistence and continuous improvement, overcome an industry leader— LSRP is no different, other than it was once the industry leader and now must claw its way back to the top. It’ll happen, we just need to throw our support behind those who are working to give us what we desire in a roleplay server.

• Strong 2

9 minutes ago, Tungsten said:

From the replies, it seems we got into this issue as several members brought up a concern that it’s difficult to do criminal roleplay when a patrol car is circling the block every 5 minutes.

Hi. This concern was also addressed recently. Members of the Sheriff's Department were instructed to patrol in other areas as well, such as Vespucci, fishing piers, and other areas that could use some attention. The only time you should see a serious influence of Sheriff's Department around gang neighborhoods is when their is an increase of violence, shootings, and/or what we refer to as a Mobilization Phase.

In the event you see someone that seems to be turf camping, please let me know.

• OK 3

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

Funny of you to mention how SD has "always" been more active than PD. I can recall multiple times where PD has been way more active than SD so I'd suggest for you to open your eyes and realize that most people do not enjoy playing when the number of cops exceeds the civilians and illegal roleplayers.

Clearly if there was a choice to pick between PD and SD then the LSPD would be the obvious one considering we are roleplaying in the city and it wouldn't make sense to have a sheriff's department patrol LS, that's why.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the last sentence there, but I work for a sheriff's department and I can say with 100% certainty that we patrol within city limits. There's nothing unrealistic or questionable about it.

1 hour ago, ScubaStef said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the last sentence there, but I work for a sheriff's department and I can say with 100% certainty that we patrol within city limits. There's nothing unrealistic or questionable about it.

What he meant is that the obvious choice for a law enforcement faction would be a city police department, considering the majority of roleplay is focused in the city and the server’s name even includes the city name. 

Edited by Tseard1
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Thumbs 1

14 hours ago, Tseard1 said:

What he meant is that the obvious choice for a law enforcement faction would be a city police department, considering the majority of roleplay is focused in the city and the server’s name even includes the city name. 

In my honest opinion, it would make much more sense to have a county or state agency. The entire map is considered Los Santos county and there are several smaller cities/towns throughout the map (Los Santos, Grapeseed, Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, etc). It would make zero sense to have law enforcement from Los Santos patrolling the county and these smaller cities and towns handling calls for service and other incidents. I don't see how having LSPD as the exclusive law enforcement agency of the server would make sense, given the fact that most criminals will probably end up focusing their illegal roleplay outside of city limits because of the oversaturation of police in the city itself.

12 hours ago, ScubaStef said:

In my honest opinion, it would make much more sense to have a county or state agency. The entire map is considered Los Santos county and there are several smaller cities/towns throughout the map (Los Santos, Grapeseed, Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, etc). It would make zero sense to have law enforcement from Los Santos patrolling the county and these smaller cities and towns handling calls for service and other incidents. I don't see how having LSPD as the exclusive law enforcement agency of the server would make sense, given the fact that most criminals will probably end up focusing their illegal roleplay outside of city limits because of the oversaturation of police in the city itself.

Just to clarify, I'm not agreeing we should just disband the LSSD and make do with the LSPD, all I'm discussing is that the server shouldn't perhaps gone with 2 LEO's to start off with and if that were the case, the LSPD would be the most logical one to have.

We've got to look at the circumstances that are happening on this server and it's clear that the roleplay in the county is almost nonexistent, apart from the people who occasionally go to the county side for some nature roleplay, a person who evades the cops by using the county or a trucker who is forced to go there because of the routes. Looking through the screenshot and videos section on this forum, this only confirms that the majority of roleplay is within city limits. If I'm not mistaken, the Sheriff's Department recently closed down their Paleto Bay station and moved its 2nd station within city limits for the same exact reason: not enough roleplay. 

I highly doubt criminal roleplayers will move their operations outside of the city, the city itself is big enough for them to do whatever they want without being disturbed by the police. And even if they'd move their operations to the county right now, there is no one patrolling it. 

I'm aware you're going to disagree with me and that's fine, this is something we'll probably never figure out or come to a compromise. 

Honestly, I don't know how this server is going to be active again with a decent player base. There is a big competitor out there where a lot of people are already ''settled'', no one wants to start building their entire imperium again, do UCP tests, write character backgrounds or fail the driver test 4 times and then start off with fewer than 5k. It's extremely hard to get your head above the water and gain attention. People who were playing the game in 2015 era have since grown into their adult lives and are occupied with far more important things and aren't interested in playing a roleplaying game anymore. That coupled with the fact that the launch has been delayed a few times, communication has been bad and transparency hardly seen, good luck gaining the trust from people that have given up.

Edited by Tseard1
  • Bigsmoke 1