Radical Measures to combat the Low & Decreasing Playerbase.

SCANDALOUZ

The player base is low and decreasing. This is mostly normal for a new server and given the nature of the game / the competition.

Los Santos is too big for its own good with that pop and the place feels dead.

We have a pretty competent mapping team.

Move the server to the countyside.

Either:

1. Paleto Bay and expand on it.

^ This is ideal, since Paleto means we won't have to do much of a "theme change" for our concepts.

2. Sandy Shores + Grapeseed

^ This would still need some mapping (but less), but we would need for a lot of concepts to change.

I'm not gonna bitch about the economy and everything. I don't blame the server and its administration for the low pop.

I blame the players, who seem to want everything for free/super easy and to put minimal to no effort. I blame this new culture of absolute self entitlement and zero self accountability.

I actually like the economy. You can have a good car and house for literally nothing but online time. Now if you want to be rich/more resourceful - you actually gotta work for it. Fine by me.

I like Deathmatching & Cops and Robbers being toned down and bans flying.

I like guns being made harder to get. Not sure I agree with the methods, but I support the idea.

But, I digress.

For better or worse, we have low pop that seems to be decreasing even further and the server/map feels like a graveyard for most of the day.

The easiest, albeit radical solution is to move us to a "smaller playground" so that the world can feel more alive and engaging.

"but scand theres connection issues, holiday season, school for some and etc".

Don't matter. 150-ish (60-ish average) **peak** is still too little for all of Los Santos.

Let's go to the countyyyy.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

Why would moving the playerbase to paleto/sandy fix the problem? You think that the players not seeing each others every second is the issue? Low playerbase has nothing to do with the city being too big, matter of fact you still meet people roleplay around even if it's only 50 players online.

@kosowarner you can get 285 for 3 hours a day, everyday. + add that you can work in players owned business, at the end of the week you sit on some money and you can get vehicles through loan. As long as you can pay the 15% + pay back a lil % every week.

Edited by alessandroooo

The issue doesn't lay in the location. County is even bigger than Los Santos and there's no way you're keeping players in one small town - there's just not enough space for most RP venues, especially illegal.

Several key issues I see at the moment:

- Slow development. Server updates are becoming even more rarer as the time goes, and so far these updates are minor and small. I don't know if it's because the developers busy or perhaps they are working on several big projects to release them all at once. I hope it's the second option. 

- Communication. Ever since Sal went on LOA, communication has been down a lot. No more staff meetings, no more news from the management. Again, I really hope this is silence before something big from their side. But players don't like silence.

Incomplete economy. Some people complain that the realistic economy model is bad. I personally think that it is good, but certain things are either missed out or done the wrong way. For example, car prices are wrong - some of them are too expensive, some are way too cheap. Rental car system is done terribly wrong - it's 20 times too cheap, there's absolutely no accountability, etc. Basically $20 burner cars that you can use for anything without any consequences, which also fucks up things for taxi businesses and transit schemes. Lack of ability to sell/scrap cars, etc.

Surplus of LEO. I'll be lynched for this, but there's too much players in PD/SD - most evenings 1/4-5th of the server are on duty officers. That's something you'd see in a C&R server. There's no challenge for the LEO players and they way overpower illegals - forcing them to RP in enclosed circles somewhere in interiors. Not to mention that most of the LEO players are actually good roleplayers and could really be much more useful in other legal non-LEO and illegal factions, as well as businesses. 

• Clap 1
  • Thumbs 3

qgv23wo.png

Server is feeling empty even if there are 120 players online o.O

Mani Productions                                                                                                                                                                     Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 1 
Los Santos Publishing                                                                                                                                                               Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 2

2 minutes ago, Kenado said:

Server is feeling empty even if there are 120 players online o.O

GTA V map is huge. Even in servers with 500+ players, Los Santos feels relatively empty. That's why establishing roleplay hubs is important. 

Even during the golden years in SAMP, if you went to most parts in the western part of Los Santos, they would've been empty.

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 1

qgv23wo.png

Terrible idea to move to the county side. To start country side roleplay is extremely

niched and limiting… the mapping endeavor would take forever when they could focus on better scripts and rework this absurd “economy” (its not an economy it’s just ridiculous prices with even an worse source of revenue). Thankfully this idea will never be implemented but if it did I would completely drop this server along with most of the player base. The only time I’ve ever seen anyone I’m near the areas you’re are talking about is when I’m seeing people trucking like me.. Also why make guns harder to access?? That’s one of the perks of this server that they are actually accessible..

1 hour ago, Venta said:

The issue doesn't lay in the location. County is even bigger than Los Santos and there's no way you're keeping players in one small town - there's just not enough space for most RP venues, especially illegal.

Several key issues I see at the moment:

- Slow development. Server updates are becoming even more rarer as the time goes, and so far these updates are minor and small. I don't know if it's because the developers busy or perhaps they are working on several big projects to release them all at once. I hope it's the second option. 

- Communication. Ever since Sal went on LOA, communication has been down a lot. No more staff meetings, no more news from the management. Again, I really hope this is silence before something big from their side. But players don't like silence.

Incomplete economy. Some people complain that the realistic economy model is bad. I personally think that it is good, but certain things are either missed out or done the wrong way. For example, car prices are wrong - some of them are too expensive, some are way too cheap. Rental car system is done terribly wrong - it's 20 times too cheap, there's absolutely no accountability, etc. Basically $20 burner cars that you can use for anything without any consequences, which also fucks up things for taxi businesses and transit schemes. Lack of ability to sell/scrap cars, etc.

Surplus of LEO. I'll be lynched for this, but there's too much players in PD/SD - most evenings 1/4-5th of the server are on duty officers. That's something you'd see in a C&R server. There's no challenge for the LEO players and they way overpower illegals - forcing them to RP in enclosed circles somewhere in interiors. Not to mention that most of the LEO players are actually good roleplayers and could really be much more useful in other legal non-LEO and illegal factions, as well as businesses. 

This. 💯 agree on this 

How can anyone be surprised? Unless the server gets major publicity it wont get anywhere as far as player base is concerned.  Myself and many others had plans to bring in their old SAMP buddies back to LSRP but what are we even bringing them to?  Also why are there still cunts out trying to charge 8k for a deagle? or whatever it's supposed to be, I only got gta 5 for this server. 

Pack everything up and move it to Sandy shores is clearly the best course of action, also less police. 

• Strong 1

To be honest, one the reasons for this this is GTA-V Los Santos not having a venue like Idlewood Stack, for example.

I know that mall/stack rats were highly disregarded from time to time. But as a solo-player for years, those were my prime venues to find people to RP with.

Shopping Mall if you're looking for a more civil-type talk and Idlewood Pizza Stack if you're looking to see a much diverse variety of characters, having illegal backgrounds or not.

In casual GTA-V VOIP RP servers, that place would be the motel at the northwest Downtown. It's a pretty small venue and mostly benefited from being the spawn point, leading to sub-par roleplay from time to time but hey, still it was a place to meet new people.

In LSRP-V, borders of criminality around Davis/Jamestown/Rancho is just too expanded. I cannot even stand in an alley without being jumped on by 3-4 muggers. Tell me that it is the reflection of reality maybe but still, it forces me to act out casual roleplay indoors rather than a open-area venue to populate.

Everything is just too settled to move to Paleto Bay or any other alternative at this point. Only thing I can suggest to the dev/mapping team would be to create an interesting, middle-of-the-city hanging out venue. I don't know, maybe making the Davis Mall a walk-in enterable venue rather than /enter.

The other side of the cure might lay in private business owners. Having an overabundance of businesses to chit-chat with bartender and order a whiskey is just lacking variety a little bit in my opinion. I highly respect bar/restaurant owners with trying to spice up things with funny/exciting advertisement or hosting events within the premises of the business. But again, we're in different times where people don't appreciate a RP where you just sit down with a friend, order a drink and exchange conversation. People rather want to get in cop chases, shoot around or jack cars.

TL;DR we would need an exciting open-area venue to be mapped out or incentivize business owners to create variety in their openings, piquing interest for people to come over.

Edited by Clown_Taxi
  • Clap 1

Wallace Decker, a trustworthy bidnessman!
~~~
Head & Main Protagonist of Cropdusters
CEO & Co-Founder at W&F Patriotic Fund
Owner & Manager at W&F Betting Lounge