Radical Measures to combat the Low & Decreasing Playerbase.

SCANDALOUZ

On 8/19/2023 at 3:28 PM, Venta said:

- Slow development. Server updates are becoming even more rarer as the time goes, and so far these updates are minor and small. I don't know if it's because the developers busy or perhaps they are working on several big projects to release them all at once. I hope it's the second option. 

- Communication. Ever since Sal went on LOA, communication has been down a lot. No more staff meetings, no more news from the management. Again, I really hope this is silence before something big from their side. But players don't like silence.

This.

I have always said that LSRP's biggest threat is not other communities, but its own management. A community needs active management that consistently makes an effort to keep the server running, whether it's development or something else.

We need weekly updates. @ImperiumXVII is diligently working to roll out updates, but we want more than just minor updates. Don't misunderstand me; we deeply appreciate every bit of effort, but we also yearn for more significant updates.

Expanding the staff, adjusting the development team, rules regulations, modifying gun prices, or introducing new updates won't make a difference if the core management remains inactive. This is simply the truth. A faction could be situated in the best location, having a decent amount of members, but if the leader isn't active or doesn't display genuine concern for the faction, it will gradually diminish.

Many of us remain loyal to this community and want it to thrive. All we ask in return is for some attention from those in higher positions. If they cannot provide this, then perhaps they should pass the ball to someone who genuinely cares about the community and has the capability to lead it effectively.

If you rarely log onto the forum, then I'm unsure how it's going to remain active.

Edited by Zagros
  • Thumbs 1

I don't want to be rude or sound pessimistic but this server to me seems more like a glorified cops and robbers/low RP server. 

Shootings are happening at such a big rate that it just isn't fun anymore. You about to be caught? How about I shoot myself out of this situation. Teamspeak is way overused and casual OOC talks are now happening in IC TAC channels. There is zero oversight on the use of force of LEO's since there is no requirement for people to file reports on questionable shootings or suspects who die during their arrest (apart from the very few supervisors who can be on scene). Normally IA would review those reports and investigate if it's fishy. I can go on and on but I honestly think it's subpar and should need a drastic review. 

• Thumbs 2

18 hours ago, Tseard1 said:

I don't want to be rude or sound pessimistic but this server to me seems more like a glorified cops and robbers/low RP server. 

Shootings are happening at such a big rate that it just isn't fun anymore. You about to be caught? How about I shoot myself out of this situation. Teamspeak is way overused and casual OOC talks are now happening in IC TAC channels. There is zero oversight on the use of force of LEO's since there is no requirement for people to file reports on questionable shootings or suspects who die during their arrest (apart from the very few supervisors who can be on scene). Normally IA would review those reports and investigate if it's fishy. I can go on and on but I honestly think it's subpar and should need a drastic review. 

There is zero OOC talks or causal conversation in IC TAC channels aside from the very rare instances where a pursuit becomes an admin sit, which always results in the TAC being cleared until the situation is resumed. This is enforced by all supervisors, command and faction leadership. This has always been standard practice even since SAMP. 

With the several shootings right after the other, it’s obvious we aren’t going to file incident reports for each one. While we are here to roleplay, we understand this is a video game and we have zero intention in making it a second job or paperwork simulator by creating use of force reports for all incidents.

• Clap 2

3 hours ago, Jerome said:

There is zero OOC talks or causal conversation in IC TAC channels aside from the very rare instances where a pursuit becomes an admin sit, which always results in the TAC being cleared until the situation is resumed. This is enforced by all supervisors, command and faction leadership. This has always been standard practice even since SAMP. 

With the several shootings right after the other, it’s obvious we aren’t going to file incident reports for each one. While we are here to roleplay, we understand this is a video game and we have zero intention in making it a second job or paperwork simulator by creating use of force reports for all incidents.

No one was talking about filing one for all shootings. That's what you make of it. 

5 hours ago, Jerome said:

This argument is very poor.

"We have zero intention in making it... a paperwork simulator by creating use of force reports for all incidents"

May as well say that you don't care at all what levels of force are used by law enforcement. The whole point of Use of Force reports is not to create "paperwork" but to keep accurate logs of what levels of force are being used and when.

Instead of using a forum post that makes it difficult, why not use a Google Form to gather the data and have a specific division crunch the numbers? The process can be made extremely easy, but not while faction leadership has such an anti-realism and anti-data mindset.

4 minutes ago, Tungsten said:

"We have zero intention in making it... a paperwork simulator by creating use of force reports for all incidents"

May as well say that you don't care at all what levels of force are used by law enforcement. The whole point of Use of Force reports is not to create "paperwork" but to keep accurate logs of what levels of force are being used and when.

Instead of using a forum post that makes it difficult, why not use a Google Form to gather the data and have a specific division crunch the numbers? The process can be made extremely easy, but not while faction leadership has such an anti-realism and anti-data mindset.

So my question is even with the reports we have to find people willing to do it whilst I'm all for this becoming a think we need to take into consideration of the players having to do this and the sustainability of in game rp vs forum paperwork play if you have a suggestion that'll keep it a valuable tool for roleplay whilst also preventing one spending an absurd amount of time doing forum rp after every situation please be my guest

Edited by Aerwyn

15 minutes ago, Tungsten said:

You misunderstood what I said. We're not making people fill out a report for every shooting they're involved in. There is so much shooting that faction members would be on the forums filling out reports a majority of their time online. Some people have limited schedules and can only play maybe 2 or 3 hours per day. 

For instances where the shooting appears to be unjustified, there is a procedure for reporting this. IAB is always paged and arrives on scene to get a report from everyone on scene and the person is placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of their investigation. You being in courts have access to the few cases where this has happened so for you to say it's an excuse or second the fact that the LSSD does not provide some oversight for nonsense or unjustified shootings is nonsense. We've forwarded cases for questionable shootings and other instances where people have died in deputy involved car collisions. 

Edited by Jerome
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Tseard1 said:

And what happens if IAB can not respond?

With all due respect, you wouldn't be asking this after making such a bold statement in the first place. IAB responds. One way or another, these cases are forwarded and handled.

Edited by Justitiae

On 8/20/2023 at 3:00 PM, Tseard1 said:

I've never experienced the whole OOC talks happening in IC TAC channels, that sounds like a thing you should approach ES about. We try to keep everything text-based as best as we can and clear TACs as soon as pursuits end. The whole "use of force file reports" have never been a thing on LS-RP and that sounds like a suggestion, you should approach ES about. I'm pretty sure the ES team is open for suggestions and feedback to improve the faction because they're constantly trying to get feedback on the faction every single month if you seen the announcements.