Custom Hoods - Map Additions

presidentialdrugs

23 hours ago, witness said:

As long as these mods don't impact performance heavily, I'm all for them. Would be nice to see some more residential areas added in. If possible, areas like El Burro are really small and it'd be cool to see some more houses and streets in the area. Or even just turn some of the areas that are unusable into something more usable 

I agree about performance part. Honestly, I think mods like these could be useful, but should be discussed with South LS roleplayers, gangs etc (if we're talking about YBN type of hoods) - do they want it or not. 

When the server drops, mappers & modders could come together and start working on making south central bigger(by putting more houses, or something that could introduce more rp) i.e by removing places where people don't usually spend a lot of their time in and making it a hub that a new faction could take. Maybe even work in more areas around the map as well.

This obv wouldn't be done by the time the server drops, but obviously putting an effort to the cause would most definitely pay off in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, Laced Up said:

I think south LS has enough hoods. But i hear you when it comes to places like East Los. El Burro is the only hood on the east side. It would be good to see custom mapping in areas like that, especially when there’s nothing but empty oil fields surrounding that area. The land and space is all there, just need the modders to work their magic. 

^ this.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

• 1 month later...

I have a hard time believing custom mapping would be 100% necessary right off the bat and I think it'd be a good idea to avoid server bloat and poor performance/sync issues as long as it's possible. Projects overcrowded with factions? Join an existing one or roleplay as something else.

2 hours ago, IdleStacks said:

I have a hard time believing custom mapping would be 100% necessary right off the bat and I think it'd be a good idea to avoid server bloat and poor performance/sync issues as long as it's possible. Projects overcrowded with factions? Join an existing one or roleplay as something else.

Ye this to be honest.

Custom hoods would be a good idea. There's many areas in the map that are never interacted with and replacing them with a custom neighborhood would allow more room for creativity and involvement from the community. The only issue here would be the potential lag but I'm sure we can find a workaround for that.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:00 AM, WirelessMind said:

Ignore the servers name but these some recent mods that Milo’s made that redid some neighborhoods in south ls 

Would be neat to see something like this implemented In-Game.

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

On 12/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, IdleStacks said:

im fairly sure these mods are just client-side additions rage loads when you enter a server so they wouldnt really affect performance like typical mapping would

I understand the desire to expand the map to accomodate more illegal roleplay, however I feel it is a bit premature to think about adding new gang-oriented neighbourhoods when we haven't even filled up the current neighbourhoods yet. South Central is an excellent place to roleplay and it makes sense to make it a dense and populated area where people can roleplay with each other in a more natural setting rather than spreading factions out so they have to drive across the map to find another faction to interact with. In the short term this would also go against the idea of keeping the scripted map dense so it's a bit more busy.

I haven't specifically looked into the map mods listed in the topic but any gang hood that we add means we're removing a default area with a different setting. This in turn reduces the roleplay capabilities for non-gang roleplayers. Obviously there's room for expansion down the line but keep in mind that we're on a limited map and we'll have to sacrifice areas to add more gang neighbourhoods.

On that note, before we add any new neighbourhoods in the future, our focus will be on customizing existing neighbourhoods to cater to those players already roleplaying there. I would personally rather have limited hoods that are well developed rather than having many hoods that lack depth in terms of map content.

Edited by Mario
  • Thumbs 1
  • OK 1
  • Love 1