Custom Hoods - Map Additions

presidentialdrugs

Due to South LS and other parts of the map such as El Burro, Paleto Bay doesn't have many hoods, I believe it would expand ILLEGAL-RP if the modding team were able to create custom map additions. This would create a unique experience for players who wish to play a text based server and improve gang roleplay around South Central and any other area where housing areas can be created. 

Some areas in which I believe would be best for map additions: 

Grove Street: 

unknown.png

Davis Mega-MALL: 

unknown.png

Example of what I am talking about: 

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 1
  • Love 3

South ls has plenty tbh, I’d more wanna see some modders come together and make outside of ls better for rp, add some more grass and hood areas/complexes. Prolly also add a forest mod to the server making there be more trees around and shit so it’s not a empty desert 

if anything were to happen to south ls I’d say follow some mods that recently got made on fiveM that added complexes around 

Edited by WirelessMind

6 minutes ago, WirelessMind said:

South ls has plenty tbh, I’d more wanna see some modders come together and make outside of ls better for rp, add some more grass and hood areas/complexes. Prolly also add a forest mod to the server making there be more trees around and shit so it’s not a empty desert 

if anything were to happen to south ls I’d say follow some mods that recently got made on fiveM that added complexes around 

Yeah, there's plenty of areas that could use this treatment, such as Paleto and El Burro. I was just thinking as a whole the server could benefit a lot from custom areas made by the modding team.

3 hours ago, presidentialdrugs said:

Yeah, there's plenty of areas that could use this treatment, such as Paleto and El Burro. I was just thinking as a whole the server could benefit a lot from custom areas made by the modding team.

Ignore the servers name but these some recent mods that Milo’s made that redid some neighborhoods in south ls 

• CJ 1

4 hours ago, uchie said:

mega mall shouldn’t be removed

I agree, but they should at least add an interior to it instead of just letting it sit there. There are a lot of places they should get rid of around the map, since their useless. But if they aren’t going to use the Mega Mall, then it should be removed later one 

5 hours ago, Blxst Off said:

I agree, but they should at least add an interior to it instead of just letting it sit there. There are a lot of places they should get rid of around the map, since their useless. But if they aren’t going to use the Mega Mall, then it should be removed later one 

It's the only mall in LS, that being said, it's in Davis which I pray to God doesn't become Idlewood 2.0. Maybe have some sort of agreement to turn it into a non-violent crime area.

Edited by melt city

As long as these mods don't impact performance heavily, I'm all for them. Would be nice to see some more residential areas added in. If possible, areas like El Burro are really small and it'd be cool to see some more houses and streets in the area. Or even just turn some of the areas that are unusable into something more usable 

• Clap 1

I think south LS has enough hoods. But i hear you when it comes to places like East Los. El Burro is the only hood on the east side. It would be good to see custom mapping in areas like that, especially when there’s nothing but empty oil fields surrounding that area. The land and space is all there, just need the modders to work their magic. 

23 hours ago, witness said:

As long as these mods don't impact performance heavily, I'm all for them. Would be nice to see some more residential areas added in. If possible, areas like El Burro are really small and it'd be cool to see some more houses and streets in the area. Or even just turn some of the areas that are unusable into something more usable 

I agree about performance part. Honestly, I think mods like these could be useful, but should be discussed with South LS roleplayers, gangs etc (if we're talking about YBN type of hoods) - do they want it or not. 

When the server drops, mappers & modders could come together and start working on making south central bigger(by putting more houses, or something that could introduce more rp) i.e by removing places where people don't usually spend a lot of their time in and making it a hub that a new faction could take. Maybe even work in more areas around the map as well.

This obv wouldn't be done by the time the server drops, but obviously putting an effort to the cause would most definitely pay off in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, Laced Up said:

I think south LS has enough hoods. But i hear you when it comes to places like East Los. El Burro is the only hood on the east side. It would be good to see custom mapping in areas like that, especially when there’s nothing but empty oil fields surrounding that area. The land and space is all there, just need the modders to work their magic. 

^ this.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

• 1 month later...

I have a hard time believing custom mapping would be 100% necessary right off the bat and I think it'd be a good idea to avoid server bloat and poor performance/sync issues as long as it's possible. Projects overcrowded with factions? Join an existing one or roleplay as something else.

2 hours ago, IdleStacks said:

I have a hard time believing custom mapping would be 100% necessary right off the bat and I think it'd be a good idea to avoid server bloat and poor performance/sync issues as long as it's possible. Projects overcrowded with factions? Join an existing one or roleplay as something else.

Ye this to be honest.

Custom hoods would be a good idea. There's many areas in the map that are never interacted with and replacing them with a custom neighborhood would allow more room for creativity and involvement from the community. The only issue here would be the potential lag but I'm sure we can find a workaround for that.