First Impressions

Mmartin

• Management

Hello,

We've opened the server up for pre-release yesterday, which was as eerie as it was fun. For me at least. I'd like to hear from those of you who've spent some time on the server if you could share some of your first impressions, good and bad. There's obviously the suggestions board and bug report forum for any longer discussions (and please use that for anything more in-depth instead of going into detail here), but I'm also interested in your overall first impression of what you liked, what kind of sucked, what needs adjusting etc. We'll be doing a lot of finetuning and fixing this week, so wanna make sure your input is heard.

• Love 1

Was great for me, been playing for hours. Would suggest to have a lot more jobs added and adjust the paychecks, imo the paychecks are entirely too low for the amount of work done. Other than that, this is definitely worth the wait. Great server.

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

Script is really good and different. I thought it was pretty user friendly but there's a few things that should be added to make it easier on some of us;

- Repairing fac vehicles: Think it's pretty necessary, maybe a command that can be done inside a faction garage for a repair? Or a repair shop that charges the department acc and not the player

-Speed Radar / ALPR for license plate and speed purposes

-LEO paychecks not working, I think it has to due with the faction bank account.

Edited by Jerome

It's either me who is stupid or the DMV is harder than it's needed to be.

Mani Productions                                                                                                                                                                     Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 1 
Los Santos Publishing                                                                                                                                                               Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 2

5 minutes ago, Kenado said:

It's either me who is stupid or the DMV is harder than it's needed to be.

agree with this. its definitely a quit point, especially if you strike out waste all your starting cash and cant afford to get your license. drop the fee to $50, and make it so you get 3 free tries whenever you pay the fee, not the first time

1. I'm glad to be apart of the first pre-release day! I know there's plenty of things to still work on to really get things going but I found it was great that different clothing items were located at different clothing stores! It really gives a variety and a sense of walking into a new store, giving purpose to drive to one store or another by yourself or with a group of friends. 

2. I know pricing is all being adjusted with business pay etc so I won't really comment there as it's kind of a grey area at the moment. 

3. I'd like to be able to move around in a circle in animations, for example: /chairsit33 allows you to move in a circle with w-a-s-d. It'd be a great edition to allow all other animations to do the same, that way you can quickly adjust and face a direction or person during an animation or for the next animation that gets used. It smoothes the animations out simply, trust me. 

4. I like the outfit system, /outfit & /deloutfit. I'd like to be able to re-arrange my outfits in my own order from 1 - 25. So I can put similar outfits with other outfits and arrange them to my liking. It'd allow for better organization for example: Dresses with dresses, party outfits with party outfits, Swim Wear with Swim wear etc! That's something I'd surely put in at some point especially if premium runs out and you are unable to edit/change slots 15 - 25, but are able to use them. Also allowing a system on top of the outfit system to allow players to be able to zip/put a hoodie on and having both of these systems in one would be amazing for players!

5. I'd also like to be able to /id (Player_Name) to find someone's ID, I don't know if that's already in the works.

6. Plus, I wouldn't mind a welfare/unemployment paycheck system, something minor but keeps the minimal rp flowing that way players don't feel as tightly forced to feel the need to grind. Just something minor, not too much but a little pat on the back for emotional support!  

That's my first impression and what I've experienced so far on day 1, I really like it and it seems to be working really well! Your team should be proud. And I spent over 140 hours on the test server, so I really like LSRP and this is a very good beginning for the servers first steps. ❤️

Edited by Natasha Valentine
  • Thumbs 1

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

I don't know if it's bugged or not, but if the price for a scooter is 18,000 and you make 20$ per garbage run it'll take you 900 runs to get a scooter. I didn't test the other jobs but I think it might be too low or something.

Also adding more hair options would be cool, so far the server seems stable.

Edited by 30PiecesOfSilver

Aside the DMV nerve-wracking exams, I found the server to be pretty well playable, especially for first time. Of course there will be need for more clothes and hair mods and other tweaks down the road will be required, but I'm sure that'll be covered soon.

Also is it just me or you can't take any screenshot in server?

spacer.png

uq91B3u.png

If you're in a company / own a business you can't perform any job other than fishing, thus setting you back quite dramatically vs. the average player.

The DMV test, while a cool script and an interesting system, it just doesn't work, I felt like I was taking a driving test irl and I quit the license exam halfway through. This kind of system does nothing to mitigate the shitty driving we see on RP servers and just makes it a pain in the ass to acquire something as basic as a driver's license, please either let players get away with just doing the driving exam or at least give a grace period to early supporters to acquire a license without having to do the test, it is way too tedious and this is only a game and not a driving simulator.

Playing in 2k/4k is a bitch, GUIs and fontsize needs optimization, they're way too little, I need to squint and get super close to the screen to use the phone UI.

The DMV test definitely needs a revamp. It feels like it's written by someone who actually never has driven a car irl. It also confuses me sometimes because I'm not from the US.

Make the knowledge available on the wiki or some other place. It just feels like a big moneypit right now and definitely takes a way any of the fun having to do it over and over.

DMV test was a little bit painful for me but passed it in the end which is great - beside that I spent most of my time exploring around around the city and getting to know places for faction I'm in. I hope paycheck gets higher and more jobs added in the future, almost tried every-job the paycheck is way too low comparing the amount of effort we put in

Outside note-: much love and great work to the team!

Tyler Reed - Department of Public Works & Transportation (Gov)