LSRP & San Andreas Network

DeSantis

1 hour ago, Venta said:

News Agencies shouldn't become official factions at all, especially with the tools and features companies will be getting in the server. Faction status should be only kept to government entities and illegal roleplayers (Although, many of those could also be facilitated under companies, especially white collar criminal organizations).

I don't think that official status should only be held for illegal and government factions. That continues the stigma of that's all that matters to the server. 

The official status doesn't mean that the faction will be the only company broadcasting news or anything of that matter. I think that there are many other ways in which a faction can "promote" itself, especially on the legal ends. The In Character section as well as various In Character events should be taken into consideration. Yes, it can be possible for other "news" or "broadcasting" factions to become official as well. The name itself doesn't mean it's glued as the "best" there is or one of the "giants".

• Clap 1

I think that News Agencies must become  fully IC. I mean, people can make a news agency and achieve an official slot. However, I think broadcasting publicly like during old days is not needed. Actually,  Faux News had something good going on.  We  can do something like that.

14 minutes ago, dzgapaan said:

I think that News Agencies must become  fully IC. I mean, people can make a news agency and achieve an official slot. However, I think broadcasting publicly like during old days is not needed. Actually,  Faux News had something good going on.  We  can do something like that.

fully agree. no need for global broadcasting option, just let people to create their own news agencies as business and that's it. the way they deliver the news should be entirely up to them.

Edited by mtz64

On 1/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, Fiendfyre said:

I don't think that official status should only be held for illegal and government factions. That continues the stigma of that's all that matters to the server. 

'Official' status would grant the entity more control and more tools to manage it in SAMP. It would become kind of pointless if the company/business system adapts the same features (Company bank, paychecks, ranks etc.) and becomes available to everyone.

qgv23wo.png

On 11/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, melt city said:

Rather than an OOC monopoly on news, I'd love to see the Government or FM reward the best news agencies with grants.

please this. SAN was horrible because it was used as a gift, by admins - bestowed to people deemed reputable enough in the community (usually their friends) and the players who joined organically got kicked every few months when it inevitably switched hands

just make a broadcasting system and reward channels to media factions who perform well 

Edited by yekim

I'd like to see script support for whichever news agency manages to obtain a mass.  Though, I think the entire concept of how the news system works in-game needs to be re-imagined.  Flooding your screen with text-based chat is never ideal.  I'm not sure of the best salutations but this needs to be looked into. 

• Clap 1

13 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Would be cool to have a whole app on the phone related to San Andreas Network in order to see news ( posted by SAN members ), like and comment.

This ^ but make it a universal journalist blog for any News Agency / Independent Journalist to use.

• Strong 1

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

3 hours ago, Mikee said:

Would be cool to have a whole app on the phone related to San Andreas Network in order to see news ( posted by SAN members ), like and comment.

tbh this is the best solution for it. give players ability to create their own news agencies and give them section in app. problem solved.

Edited by mtz64

17 minutes ago, Kane said:

I don't know if a news system is needed in game at all. Everytime you saw [NEWS] F_L is going live. on sa-mp, it was followed by

/helpme how do i turn off the news

I'm not sure that it appeals well to players.

Actually to solve this problem you can do two things and both should be done in order to make the system flawless.

1) Develop an APP for the Phone in order to see news and should have sections like:

• San Andreas Network News ( only SAN members can post but people should be able to like and comment )
  • Buying and Selling ( everyone can post + possibility to like and comment )
  • Autonomous "newspapers" run by players ( everyone can post + possibility to like and comment )

2) Create a Discord Channel where you can see all the news posted ( actually you can even create 3 channels - SAN News - Buying and Selling - Autonomous etc.. )

PS: Maybe you can even insert the possibility of seeing the news in chat for those who want with a command like /togglenews

Edited by Mikee
  • Thumbs 1

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

6 minutes ago, Mikee said:

1) Develop an APP for the Phone in order to see news and should have sections like:

How about putting "news section" just in internet browser app with custom domain as it is with the car dealership?

https://wiki.ls-rp.com/books/phone/page/internet

"
Our end goal with the IC internet is for players, factions and companies to be able to submit their own websites, or request them to be made by our development team. These websites are light in nature, optimized to be viewed in-game."

Combine it.

Edited by mtz64

31 minutes ago, Mikee said:
  • 2) Create a Discord Channel where you can see all the news posted ( actually you can even create 3 channels - SAN News - Buying and Selling - Autonomous etc.. )

no offense but I don't want to have to go on discord to view IC news

when IC shit can be kept ingame, keep it ingame. the phone idea is great