Stash cars/asset safety

6 hours ago, jguntel said:

This is my favorite solution to the problem. Your cars spawn when you log on, and despawn when you log off, unless a player is inside your vehicle when you log off then it stays spawned indefinitely (server restart, X amount of time, next time you log on and off and its not occupied.)

This is going to make everything 20x laggier.

Kind of on the fence about this , I believe this was a good use while on SAMP due to the lack of storage options that existed. But hiding your assets and stuff in a car that's not spawned isn't the way I think we should go.  Ultimately removing the whole 'stash car' mentality. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

16 hours ago, jguntel said:

This is my favorite solution to the problem. Your cars spawn when you log on, and despawn when you log off, unless a player is inside your vehicle when you log off then it stays spawned indefinitely (server restart, X amount of time, next time you log on and off and its not occupied.)

This would require some testing, because afaik the world starts disappearing if there are too many vehicles in one area.. But unsure if it's to do with the script or just straight up an engine limitation.

28 minutes ago, skyrocket said:

This would require some testing, because afaik the world starts disappearing if there are too many vehicles in one area.. But unsure if it's to do with the script or just straight up an engine limitation.

Texture lose is caused by rage when there are too many vechicles spawned in one place 

If the house script is made into a better script, like the ability to role-play storing items etcetera in different places would be good, but it would definitely lose the purpose of using vehicles, especially if your stashes are unaccessible by the general players. It could be made into what GTA World has with the break-in script, but that'd be too much work and I feel like it would die like it did in GTA W, where you must wait for hours to be able to break into a house. We have to see what the devs do. Maybe make stash vehicles vulnerable for some time, but automatically despawn after like 30 minutes if you try to /v park it. So if someone is scoping you out, you can't just do it in one second. It would be something more reasonable and border-line to just being able to rob stuff from houses like back in the days. 

Also, chain-robbing vehicles is inevitable sadly. People will do it for as long as they have the patience do and it really can't be changed like that, sadly. Unless we have a script which detects if a player is chain robbing and have a proper rule-set around it.

Yes, it should be allowed because inevitably there will be trolls who break in vehicles just to rob stashes and to protect you from the trolls, that system would do a fine job. If you were to know about the location of the said vehicle and wish to check it but it's not spawned, you can always request it from the person to spawn it (assuming there's a common courtesy and they'll comply) or ask an admin to do so in case of a rejection.

• Thumbs 1

10 hours ago, dis0rder said:

Yes, it should be allowed because inevitably there will be trolls who break in vehicles just to rob stashes and to protect you from the trolls, that system would do a fine job. If you were to know about the location of the said vehicle and wish to check it but it's not spawned, you can always request it from the person to spawn it (assuming there's a common courtesy and they'll comply) or ask an admin to do so in case of a rejection.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

On 2/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, dis0rder said:

Haven't dealt with situations like this personally, people hate to lose so in most cases we'll be called.  Some people pounch on people when they suspect when it's a stash car and with some people not knowing they're being watched get themselves into that situation of the /b spawn it spam from time to time.  

Like I said before with the whole inventory script coming around and the ability of storing stuff in items. I'm kind of on the fence about 'stash cars' as it's something we should try to move away from. That's just my opinion though. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

• 2 weeks later...

i find it depressing ppl want some mickey mouse non-rp bullshit where they can stockpile kilos of guns and drugs in a way that is virtually impervious to any loss

like that really doesnt help criminal rp at all and is one reason the drug economy on lsrp was a joke

its so non-rp and stupid and lazy and bad and it depresses me people have no desire for progress

• Clap 1

3 hours ago, SmallFry said:

i find it depressing ppl want some mickey mouse non-rp bullshit where they can stockpile kilos of guns and drugs in a way that is virtually impervious to any loss

like that really doesnt help criminal rp at all and is one reason the drug economy on lsrp was a joke

its so non-rp and stupid and lazy and bad and it depresses me people have no desire for progress

If there is a good new system that can't be abused, I'm all up for it. If not, we survived on the sa:mp version for over 10 years with the stash cars and I think most people were fine with the way it was.

Having all cars spawned when you log in is definitely a no. Imagine each player having 2 cars and there being 500 people online. Assuming every single one is using a vehicle at the same time, you would still have 500 cars spawned for no reason and you will have people with less powerful computers complain about the unnecessary cars causing them lag, people going around breaking into cars in hope of finding a stash, etc.

Finding out about a stash through roleplay means and then planning a robbery is something different to going around and breaking into random cars in hope of finding a drug or weapon stash.

If there is a new stash system as betonists says, I'm excited to see how our developers thought about doing this.

• CJ 1

5 minutes ago, Zakaria_Tokatyan said:

If there is a good new system that can't be abused, I'm all up for it. If not, we survived on the sa:mp version for over 10 years with the stash cars and I think most people were fine with the way it was.

no it was terrible, it inhibits investigative RP, robbery RP, and allowed ppl to NC with mass criminal assets and start up criminal groups that didnt need to network at all based on their OOC holdings. it literally undermined/destroyed meaningful drug/gun networks & was one of the peak cringe limitations of SAMP rp that kept so many real organic criminal situations from happening.

gta:w for all its flaws has a much better system at present, dont have 2 copy it identically could improve it, but the idea that despawning cars filled with kilos of drugs and 100's of guns makes for quality rp is just a joke. i would 1000x take their system over the SAMP system, but u could do even better than theirs easily.

it sure would be depressing to see LSRP just re-invent every shitty non-RP system due to a lack of creativity