Marijuana on LS:RP in 2022

PharmaFarma

I don't see why it'd have to be black and white. I'm sure there's run of the mill white collars that would do what they must to get a medical order to be able to consume dispensary marijuana - and others would most likely resort to hitting up your local dubious dealer for the cheap rastafari smoke just to lay back and have some fun for a low price.

I'm sure that having a thicker safezone between outright arrest and just confiscating produce is better, since it gives leniency to those who'd hate to go to jail for a while over a gram or two - whilst keeping things interesting enough for the more illegal side of things.

Edited by Silk.

QX3m2L4.pngQX3m2L4.png

aNddalB.pngaNddalB.png

🐍🏝️

good miscellaneous comments:

Spoiler
On 3/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, Chuckles said:

Certified 🍞 maker

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Richard Spera said:

*snip*

Yes. I agree with what you're saying - I'd personally enjoy it a lot more if everything is roleplayed behind the scenes. Let me provide jobs by getting people to work in grow facilities. Let me pay people to work a dispensary. Get a hospital faction to write prescriptions and provide medical cards, think Pillbox from the other server but actually active. 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, Silk. said:

I don't see why it'd have to be black and white. I'm sure there's run of the mill white collars that would do what they must to get a medical order to be able to consume dispensary marijuana - and others would most likely resort to hitting up your local dubious dealer for the cheap rastafari smoke just to lay back and have some fun for a low price.

I'm sure that having a thicker safezone between outright arrest and just confiscating produce is better, since it gives leniency to those who'd hate to go to jail for a while over a gram or two - whilst keeping things interesting enough for the more illegal side of things.

A good system of realistic pros and cons to the quality of weed you're using would be great. Dirt weed gives a minimal health boost in comparison to professionally grown buds, but it's cheaper. (Though personally, the drug effect system in general rubs me the wrong way. I wish everything was more roleplay-oriented, but you can't really get everything.)

What are you supposed to put down here?

On 1/8/2022 at 1:11 AM, Redz said:

If I'm not mistaken it was moving in the direction where up to a certain amount was a fine and exceeding that was jail time. I think for now we should keep it that way. And like @IdleStacks mentioned it's one of those aspects of gang rp that I wouldn't take away just to add to a legal forefront right now.

I also think it should remain illegal. I feel like, it will be hard for illegal roleplayers to compete with a licensed business, given that businesses don't really get taxed and also have a consistent supply of goods. Though I cannot be certain, in my opinion it would cause certain circumstances to come to existence that would complicate an illegal roleplayer's investments and participation in the black market instead of boosting them.

DISTRICT ATTORNEY NATHANIEL COOPER
LOS SANTOS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE"For the People"
VVtNi9h.png

On 2/16/2022 at 5:09 AM, Quicky said:

I also think it should remain illegal. I feel like, it will be hard for illegal roleplayers to compete with a licensed business, given that businesses don't really get taxed and also have a consistent supply of goods. Though I cannot be certain, in my opinion it would cause certain circumstances to come to existence that would complicate an illegal roleplayer's investments and participation in the black market instead of boosting them.

I see where you're coming from but I gotta disagree with you. Sure, it'll be hard for illegal rpers to compete with the legal marijuana scene, but it's generally hard for them to compete in real life. Most gang members IRL sell heavier drugs nowadays like meth, crack, coke and pcp for that exact reason, all it'd do in my opinion is open up more avenues for roleplay. Selling weed IRL isn't very profitable and if I'm being honest weed dealers in LA just sell bags of reggie (poor quality weed, usually grown out in the woods and/or in national parks) for like $20 a pop.

Edited by La Tweaker

• 3 weeks later...