@The Community - Be the change you want to see

SCANDALOUZ

26 minutes ago, Grover The Good said:

Most people have never experienced that, so trying to appeal to nostalgia won't have much of an effect. In fact, it's one of the issues.

Not many take this into consideration, but this shows simply that there was no market research done when entering another game. Spending 10 minutes at Twitch would've been enough to build a basic image on what the younger players want - unfortunately, it doesn't really scream "quality roleplay". 

I suppose many had this idea that the old roleplayers will come back, but we grew up and only a few of us remain here - most of us quit gaming completely and went on with adult lives.

For one, after 2016 LSRP lost most of its original appeal, as it had turned into a jumbled mess of OOC connections, user infighting, complacency on behalf of the staff and staleness on behalf of the players and thus most émigrés had no reason to come back other than temporary curiosity.

Honestly, that wasn't really visible from the regular player perspective. Most of those years me and my friends spent just roleplaying and ignoring all the drama around and we had a pleasant time. It wasn't hard to ignore unless you are someone who gets very attached to the community and must befriend everyone or someone that tends to go against the rules.

In short the job scripts seem to have been teleported straight from 2010 and there's nothing, or very little, that's scripted to earn money while roleplaying with other people.

I've brough this up multiple types during the development and many actually shared the same ideas - jobs have to be more dynamic, encourage player interaction. Even the most basic jobs as trash collection or courier can be done in a way so it would connect players and make the world more dynamic and dependent on players themselves. I suppose most of that was scratched and written off for the future amid the rush to launch the server sooner.

I try to do that using government now, although the impact is minimal, but at least we try to make the environment slightly more dynamic.

instead of ditching one of the two in favor of something new such as the SAHP or one of the half a dozen smaller police agencies that operate within LA city limits, and then you topped it all off by making both extremely bloated in an effort to be "realistic" instead of starting small and growing along with the playerbase.

Yes, this! There's so many niche interesting law enforcement agencies that could've replaced the old concept! But now there's two that work on the same goal 🙃 

And then there's the complacency, which is perhaps the biggest issue of all. If you want the server to succeed you just cannot afford to be complacent or disappear for weeks on end only to pop up with a half-assed apology promising you'll do better in the future. The competition is many things, but complacent isn't one of them. You cannot possibly expect to pile up broken promise upon broken promise on top of a brand that is already greatly devalued since its heyday and get away with it. You need to set a vision of what you want to achieve roleplay-wise and stick to it, not jump from update to update and make it up as you go along.

Seems like recently there were certain steps taken in the right direction, where power was directed to people willing to actually make a change. But time will tell. 

qgv23wo.png

17 hours ago, Venta said:

Only certain legal factions have more paperwork, but they have been combating that recently and only people that choose to be either detectives, licensing officials or in the judicial system have to deal with more paperwork, otherwise, it's a paperless world where you can spend 100% of your time in-game.

Can't say anything about make-up, as I haven't had used it, maybe @Natasha Valentine can comment on that more. As for clothing stores, from what I saw so far - Binco has everything under one roof? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

You can lease a cheap car almost immediately, the down payment aren't that big, otherwise you can use the super cheap rentals. I don't get when people complain cars, as there's so many options - both cheap and expensive, me and my friends haven't even brought that up as an issue. DMV could be tweaked - yes, the questions are very hard and most of them are simply misleading and wrong. The driving part is fine though.

There's events almost every weekend, although most of them are organized not by the events team, but ICly by the City Cultural Affairs department. We have a career fair this Saturday!

Technical issues impacted the server heavily, but ddos attacks were to be expected - I mean we even suffered from them back in SAMP.

Regarding makeup, it needs to be reworked /heavily/ as makeup fades away within 45minutes. I also don't like it being a chore to having to reapply it. I think it'd be a nicer system for use to be able to /savemakeup to a certain outfit if we like when applying it. but I'd rather not have to continuously re-apply it back to back idk. I believe this is already being worked on though as I've mentioned in other posts.  I'd also like necklaces/collars added into the server and new furnishing items like proper, usable chandeliers would be nice and different shades of colors like dark purple, straight black for walls, arcade machines etc. 

I also believe that businesses/business owners should automatically get 600 furniture slots, at least for the time being for more people to be interested in running businesses and creating a great rp atmosphere without a pay-wall until the right time comes, house furniture slots can remain behind a paywall. 

That's about it from me currently! 

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

The claim that this script is "barebones" does not align with my experience. Perhaps I use such a small portion of the scripted features that it's a non-issue to me, but from my perspective: all the basic roleplay commands are there, vehicles are there, money is there, weapons are there, phones are working (albeit a more basic form than we're used to from SAMP), ... so I second your sentiment in saying WHAT THE HELL DO YA'LL WANT?

I think a big problem is that so many people have over-specialized their roleplaying to depend on certain areas of the script that (1) don't exist, (2) will never exist again, or (3) don't/won't exist in the same form as on SAMP. And honestly it shows.

Too many people in the community seem to be viewing LSRP:V as a continuation from the most evolved form of LSRP on SAMP. But everyone seems to forget that it took 12 years for LSRP's SAMP script to get to that point... and only in years 8 and further (after Mmartin joined the dev team) was it really beginning to take an ideal form. For the years 2007 through 2012 the script was very barebones - dialogs were not added to SAMP until like 2011 and textdraws were even more modern additions. On LSRP:V we have a lot more possibilities, but it's going to take a lot longer to reach that feature parity we've all gotten used to. But perhaps we've all got extremely high standards that were created by years of being spoiled by having SAMP's most evolved roleplay script.

There's also this sentiment that World has a more developed script - and that sentiment is correct - but it's worth noting that they've had literal years to get there. Give LSRP 4 years of further development and we'll reach that level. There's only so many things that you can add to a RP server before it becomes RPG. There's only so many improvements you can make before the maintenance of those features outweighs the value driven by the improvements - that is to say: the more features you add, the harder it is to maintain everything, and the higher chance there is that different segments of code will have negative interactions (this is true of every code base ever).

So, here's what Doctor Tungsten prescribes to everyone:

1. Be patient, and give the community time to grow and develop... Stop being spastic and give it time.

2. Stop holding the Dev team to an impossible standard - solid engineering is hard to do.

3. Stop comparing LSRP to World, at least until LSRP has had somewhere near the amount of development time those folks have had.

4. Stop expecting perfect feature parity to the script we had in LSRP:SA circa 2020.

Honestly, you complained a lot, especially for two whole weeks, about various things, like weapon rules and illegal role-playing. This constant complaining was a major factor in why many people left. It felt like you wrote a whole book with all your complaints. Which eventually got things changed all those things you put up there you was the one mainly doing that nobody else. How many times will you create similar discussion threads about the same issues? This is your seventh general discussion thread, and it often revolves around the same complaints. It appears that you're trying to push the idea that it's other players making these complaints when, in reality, it might be you. From what I've observed, most complaints about LSRP focus on the job script, while other concerns seem less relevant. Some people choose not to play here solely because of this issue. LSRP is generally a great server to play on, but it has some shortcomings that will likely be fixed over time. However, your repeated posts won't contribute to solving these issues and might even make them worse. Personally, I haven't complained about the job script because I've easily made over $300,000, but I've rarely heard anyone else complain about things like home interiors or more roleplay schemes, aside from solo roleplayers.

Edited by 380Bim
Added more context
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 8

spacer.pngspacer.png

21 minutes ago, 380Bim said:

Honestly, you complained a lot, especially for two whole weeks, about various things, like weapon rules and illegal role-playing. This constant complaining was a major factor in why many people left. It felt like you wrote a whole book with all your complaints. Which eventually got things changed all those things you put up there you was the one mainly doing that nobody else.

Fact

• Clap 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 380Bim said:

Honestly, you complained a lot, especially for two whole weeks, about various things, like weapon rules and illegal role-playing. This constant complaining was a major factor in why many people left. It felt like you wrote a whole book with all your complaints. Which eventually got things changed all those things you put up there you was the one mainly doing that nobody else.

Yh Dom Toretto cried and then the whole server left, it's 70 players peak time 33 of them are cops the rest are "mallrats" tryna see virtual titties at the pit stop. Pretty much every gang faction has left, us included. It's too late you had a playerbase willing to give it a chance, fucked trucking up countless times. Introduced a basically no gun scheme. It's a game, gang banging involves guns. It's part of the fun of roleplaying one. Basically anyone who was willing to give it a chance has already tried it and left. It's over. What makes this server any better than another RP server that's already established? That will make players give it another chance, nothing. It's a business at the end of the day that's how competition works.

• Love 2

42 minutes ago, gottiman said:

yeah lol. guy doesnt realize OP is part of the problem why ppl leave. its a game and all this whining is exhausting

You're right, it is a game. It's a game where the players all choose to contribute to a roleplaying environment. When we sign up and create an account, most of us understand that role play is indeed a bit nerdy but we don't care because it's an immersive and realistic experience we prefer. Yet, a distinct and easily-identifiable population treats roleplaying like a glorified DM with extra steps and seek only to ruin it for those of us who do want an immersive, realistic experience.

Is it reasonable to walk into a Dungeons and Dragons group and demand to play Apples to Apples? No, because when you walk into the group you're accepting that people want to play Dungeons and Dragons.

I genuinely chuckled at all the gang "roleplayers" whining about how I killed LS:RP by whining for gun control and against having a poorly escalated/unrealistic shootout every 45 seconds.

Y'all can go. This thread isn't addressed to you. I'm addressing a roleplaying community and whatever remnants of it are still around. You fellas can check out a TDM server or some anime roleplaying project. I think it would be better catered towards your interests.

• Clap 1

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

4 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

I genuinely chuckled at all the gang "roleplayers" whining about how I killed LS:RP by whining for gun control and against having a poorly escalated/unrealistic shootout every 45 seconds.

Y'all can go. This thread isn't addressed to you. I'm addressing a roleplaying community and whatever remnants of it are still around. You fellas can check out a TDM server or some anime roleplaying project. I think it would be better catered towards your interests.

Lol this response here is quite revealing. You seem to be consistently addressing a roleplay community every week with an essay about the same topic. It makes me wonder why you believe the server should revolve around your preferences exclusively. It appears you think your way of roleplaying is the only valid one. It's worth noting that gang "ROLEPLAYERS" have always played a significant role in the success of LSRP. While you've expressed concerns about issues unrelated to your own character, such as being an illegal racer or whatever your role may be, it's important to consider the purpose of these frequent posts. You're correct in pointing out the unrealistic shootouts and similar problems, but some of your complaints may seem unnecessary. This entire post might lack a clear argument. You were the one bringing up these concerns, and it seems like nobody else shared them. What specific changes are you hoping to achieve through this post?

• CJ 1
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thumbs 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

28 minutes ago, gottiman said:

lol says alot about the staff who removed like 5 comments who did not agree with scandalouz.

Says a lot when you're providing no constructive criticism and you're simply flaming him for making a thread on what he feels is wrong with the server. Nothing to do with "not agreeing with him". Learn to provide something useful to the discussion and maybe your post won't be removed. 

• Clap 1

I'm just going to say my opinion and only my opinion, i recently stopped playing LSRP, been a big defender of the server and i probably will continue to defend it as one of the best RP servers i have played on and i never gave up on the project, not until recently, my RP revolves around civilian RP, i manage a nightclub, i'm out of business simply because i can't find staff to hire, my RP needs other players, and i won't change my RP well simply because i feel comfortable RPing as a civilian, unfortunately due to lack of interest no new players are joining the server now, it's just the usuals and everyone is already established, impossible to find new players to hire, my company had 20 staff member at the start, from security to bartenders to DJs, all of it, we even used to give other businesses our staff, but everyone simply stopped playing for whatever reasons it's their choice, and now company/civilian side is very dead, we can only see small businesses opening recently that doesn't require alot of staff members (pit stop/tavern) just small bars, the last big venue that was standing was Dalton Royal with the serbs simple because their faction is huge and they can cover all staff, so i started going broke, and stopped playing (not gonna farm a scripted job for hours, i rather talk to people than do that but even now, you can't find people to talk to, it's just the usuals at every business opening)

Ow and downloading a 5gb file everytime there is an update is not happening, no wonder new people can't join, they can't even download the server data, not all of us use discord to know that you need to download the files from lsrp website

(sorry if somethings i said aren't clear, i'm not the best at explaining myself)

Edited by NealZed

I’m not sure if it’s been said because I can’t be bothered reading through the walls of texts that are replies on this thread.

i think too many people are comparing this with the SAMP server and people want instantaneous activity. The server took huge hits on launch and even more so recently with the spike in ddos attacks. The samp server was stable(ish) and had a larger community, people have grown up, moved on and gotten a lot older as it is for the most part the same people playing rather than a newer generation. People will always find something to complain about simply because this isnt the samp server.

I think the server needs to figure out a way to promote to a newer generation of players and attract a different audience somehow to gain a bigger pb. Once we get a bigger pb you’ll find people will start coming back and complaining less (some will still complain, you cant win all battles).

8 hours ago, 380Bim said:

Honestly, you complained a lot, especially for two whole weeks, about various things, like weapon rules and illegal role-playing. This constant complaining was a major factor in why many people left. It felt like you wrote a whole book with all your complaints. Which eventually got things changed all those things you put up there you was the one mainly doing that nobody else. How many times will you create similar discussion threads about the same issues? This is your seventh general discussion thread, and it often revolves around the same complaints. It appears that you're trying to push the idea that it's other players making these complaints when, in reality, it might be you. From what I've observed, most complaints about LSRP focus on the job script, while other concerns seem less relevant. Some people choose not to play here solely because of this issue. LSRP is generally a great server to play on, but it has some shortcomings that will likely be fixed over time. However, your repeated posts won't contribute to solving these issues and might even make them worse. Personally, I haven't complained about the job script because I've easily made over $300,000, but I've rarely heard anyone else complain about things like home interiors or more roleplay schemes, aside from solo roleplayers.

Half the player base like this comment so you must be right 

• Sal locked this topic