This server is a lot better than I initially expected

Dachri

Since I contributed to some negativity on this forum about a week ago during my first impressions of playing this game I feel like I want to set the record straight by admitting that this shit is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. The  initial shock of realising of how slow monetary progression is was definitely a turnoff in the beginning but honestly that feeling eventually faded by the roleplay I had with people on the server, mostly around businesses and with people in my faction but unfortunately this wasn't often since there's a disappointingly low number of businesses that offer a spot to hangout and meet other roleplayers during peak hours. With the coming window for business lease applications (which I hope is soon<3) I'm sure this matter will be adressed to some extent.

Even so, I've come to the happy realization that this server is a lot better than it may look on paper and that most of the economic issues aren't that bad if you just play actively. To add, now that we get social security checks past lvl 3, we're able to focus on solely roleplaying, as just passively stacking levels will be more than enough to pay for rent + a feasible car. Not being forced to be a pro lawn-mower or sports fisherman feels really nice. .

This server is honestly fortunate to have the base of loyal enthusiasts and roleplayers that it has, second to no other community in terms of quality and understanding for heavy text based roleplay. Playing here is a vibe that is hard to find somewhere else and luckily that's the biggest selling point for and old sa-mp veteran like me to stick on this server. 

For this reason I want to commend the admins for listening to our initial complaints and working quickly to adress issues within a reasonable timeframe. There's still a lot more to be done which the admins know about more than me but I have high hopes that they will make good on their responsibilites and perhaps even then some <3. Peace

• Strong 1
  • Love 13

Great words to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying the server

Business applications are opening up again shortly, possibly tomorrow

There will be more businesses opening up soon too as we do already have a lot owned by players, they just need furnished mainly, which is taking a while as people get used to the new system

We have incorporated a bonus to mappers who want to help companies map their interiors, so we can get them finished quicker

Thanks for sticking with us despite the initial viewpoint

The role playing quality is comparable.

The script is obviously 7 years behind, BUT.

The difference maker has been the staff, honestly.

The staff is approachable, listens and actually gets shit done without taking 28 business days to do so. Props to you all. Amidst all the critique, you guys deserve some flowers, too.

• Clap 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 3

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

On 7/10/2023 at 2:06 AM, Dachri said:

Since I contributed to some negativity on this forum about a week ago during my first impressions of playing this game I feel like I want to set the record straight by admitting that this shit is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. The  initial shock of realising of how slow monetary progression is was definitely a turnoff in the beginning but honestly that feeling eventually faded by the roleplay I had with people on the server, mostly around businesses and with people in my faction but unfortunately this wasn't often since there's a disappointingly low number of businesses that offer a spot to hangout and meet other roleplayers during peak hours. With the coming window for business lease applications (which I hope is soon<3) I'm sure this matter will be adressed to some extent.

Even so, I've come to the happy realization that this server is a lot better than it may look on paper and that most of the economic issues aren't that bad if you just play actively. To add, now that we get social security checks past lvl 3, we're able to focus on solely roleplaying, as just passively stacking levels will be more than enough to pay for rent + a feasible car. Not being forced to be a pro lawn-mower or sports fisherman feels really nice. .

This server is honestly fortunate to have the base of loyal enthusiasts and roleplayers that it has, second to no other community in terms of quality and understanding for heavy text based roleplay. Playing here is a vibe that is hard to find somewhere else and luckily that's the biggest selling point for and old sa-mp veteran like me to stick on this server. 

For this reason I want to commend the admins for listening to our initial complaints and working quickly to adress issues within a reasonable timeframe. There's still a lot more to be done which the admins know about more than me but I have high hopes that they will make good on their responsibilites and perhaps even then some <3. Peace

And there's a lot more to come 👀

Server is barebones. Same exact cellphone soft lock from last month persisting. I thought they would at least have a female section in the Department of Corrections. I’ve literally set in a perma locked cell for hours and I’m scared to do anything illegal because it’s not like I can rp with other female prisoners. This was pushed back so many times, I thought it would come out feature packed. When the server drops below 80 players, the streets are dead and police are thirsty to get arrests. That’s almost all you see is police cars. Meta gaming police like the SAMP days. Most of the buildings are just blank. Gas stations no longer working when they did two weeks ago. Empty, unscripted corner stores that look like they should have been functional on release. DM factions running around killing everyone with little consequence. Male characters who have the same negative attitude towards women, which makes it feel like a chat based five-m server. What’s the point of playing this server at a certain point if all you can do is fish, be a mechanic, etc, and they all pay inadequate wages? I think they really need to have major feature rich updates if they want to grow. I’m not hating on the server because there really is genuine good role play here.  but I can’t see myself playing as much, or providing monetary support in its current state. Like I said it feels pointless to play at a certain time because the worst players come out and there’s not shit to do. More features will have this server jumping 

#Respectfully

• Bigsmoke 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 1
  • Strong 2

8 hours ago, Nyla P said:

Server is barebones. Same exact cellphone soft lock from last month persisting. I thought they would at least have a female section in the Department of Corrections. I’ve literally set in a perma locked cell for hours and I’m scared to do anything illegal because it’s not like I can rp with other female prisoners. This was pushed back so many times, I thought it would come out feature packed. When the server drops below 80 players, the streets are dead and police are thirsty to get arrests. That’s almost all you see is police cars. Meta gaming police like the SAMP days. Most of the buildings are just blank. Gas stations no longer working when they did two weeks ago. Empty, unscripted corner stores that look like they should have been functional on release. DM factions running around killing everyone with little consequence. Male characters who have the same negative attitude towards women, which makes it feel like a chat based five-m server. What’s the point of playing this server at a certain point if all you can do is fish, be a mechanic, etc, and they all pay inadequate wages? I think they really need to have major feature rich updates if they want to grow. I’m not hating on the server because there really is genuine good role play here.  but I can’t see myself playing as much, or providing monetary support in its current state. Like I said it feels pointless to play at a certain time because the worst players come out and there’s not shit to do. More features will have this server jumping 

#Respectfully

What do you mean with "Male characters who have the same negative attitude, etc..". Can you elaborate?
And how is the police metagaming "like the SAMP days"? Do you have any evidence or reports supporting your claims?

We could argue that some of your points are correct, but others are quite bold and difficult to accept as valid without supporting evidence. I don't see why negative attitude towards women IC is even a thing, it's not like we can enforce a more welcoming attitudine towards the opposite sex via OOC means.

• Thumbs 1

8 hours ago, Nyla P said:

#Respectfully

The activity in the server comes primarily from factions. Excluding the government ones, it's all illegal. Mafias, gangs, MCs. Realistically, the patriarchy is strong with these and women are rarely let in on the big bidnizz. If you roleplay a female and wanna hang around an MC, don't be shocked to be the club's bike.

If you want a less patronizing approach to your female character, look into different groups to hang out with.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

On 7/15/2023 at 4:20 AM, Nyla P said:

#Respectfully

shit needs an ic social network site fast it should be one of the biggest priorities 4 the server rn

ls is too big and ur rarely ever gonna happenstance ur way into rp. a social network site is a good way 2 get civi rpers ig and forming groups. it also lets gangs organically beef with one another as more feuds are created. businesses get created and advertised more too

Edited by trashstar
  • CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1
  • Love 2

The server script is reminiscent of early LSRP in that it only has the features that are absolutely critical. I think we all got used to a lot of fancy functionalities on SAMP once Mmartin joined the development team -- the cellphone script comes to mind, with the addition of that awesome Nokia brick phone to replace the days of text-based /sms and /ame-based contacts scripts in AutoHotkey.

Now we've kind of started over. The saddest part is that GTA 5 is winding down at the moment, so we won't get to enjoy LSRP:V to the fullest extent before the Vice City era begins again for GTA 6. But, I also can see a world where Rage:MP updates to GTA 6 and the script we're seeing now can potentially follow the server into Vice City. I guess we'll see, either way i'm excited. Been playing LS for almost 10 years, with really no intention of stopping - it's a bit unhealthy.

• 1 month later...

So I tried out LSRP and never really played on the SAMP version. The features are definitely unique to me and the realism is on a whole other level but none of my friends want to come here to this server yet and that is why I didnt stick to play on LSRP. 

Edited by catsmoon