Economy

Economy Revamp.  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Economy Revamp.

• Reducing tapering
    • Removing Tapering
    • Leave it as it is.

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted for reduce tapering based on the fact that I know we want to stop people from grinding and getting a silly amount of money but I also think it should be reduced on a major level, I read alot of these comments and most of them had good suggestions. One of the great ones is implementing tapering after a certain amount of money has been earned i.e $10,000.

I get on as an engineer, do some work on a couple work orders for maybe 1 or 2 hours, after that the pay isn't worth the time and I am not motivated to put any more effort into the server until my reward limit is reset, another thing that discourages me, I am in Australia, so I understand I am in a very different time zone compared to the majority, but I have played this server at 'normal' times for me and it 's had 80+ even 100+ people online which has been great to get in some really good high quality RP, now when I get on there are 3 geezers on who are usually paycheck farming which removes the ability for me to RP so I just end up on duty working on a couple work orders or getting new work orders ready for an hour or 2.

I am pretty much playing standard GTA V when I get on. I think if the tapering is reduced heavily or removed completely. The server will see a huge spike in playerbase not only during peak times, but also during off peak time.

Edited by Hiri Ini

spacer.png

Oberon Ini

I provided suggestions in August, and was told I would be added to the economy team once they have the infrastructure explaining how the system works and what is needed of team members.

Since I haven't been added back I suppose there's no infrastructure in place.

It's literally SAMP all over again. Irrelevant band-aid solutions that do nothing for the economic system itself. You have hyperinflation because you have someone in charge of economy who doesn't even understand how inflation works. 

Be transparent. Release a Forbes style top 10 richest list, and show how much money is added into the server on a weekly/biweekly/monthly basis. Then we can discuss economy.

• Clap 1
  • Love 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:13 AM, kaibr said:

Here are my two cents:

Tapering ruins the economy in so many ways and businesses, especially businesses with lots of foot traffic were handled poorly.

Starting with tapering, you cannot grind the game and you aren't rewarded for your time at ALL. If I go on a 8 hour Public Works shift of setting up different work orders, working for the city's departments to fix up different areas of the city, working on existing work orders, organizing paperwork etc I get rewarded for 1 hour out of 8 hours of that work, at full pay and then after it drops off. There is literally no reason for me to work hard when I'm not rewarded for it. Like it or not, an RP server will always revolve around money alongside the RP and if someone works hard or grinds trucking for 8 hours, they deserve to be rewarded for it, they invested time in the server, they deserve to be rewarded for it. If you are SUPER worried about some guy grinding 20 hours a day every day and getting further ahead, make it so after you earn $10,000 or $15,000 you then get tapering or you can't earn any more money for that specific day within 24 hours. With the current system, you can be in a very high paying job (like the Mayor) but the server doesn't reflect that.

I honestly think tapering is a major reason why the server's playerbase falls off after peak time so heavily, because after the group you RP with log off, or the people you need to continue your RP log off, you are left with nothing to do because you end up only being able to grind for an hour, there are no businesses open because they all close straight after peak finishes, there is no RP hub like Idlestacks, there is no reason to stay, that is another issue entirely but I genuinely think the economy issues are the root of this issue as well.

Businesses, in my opinion another part of the economy that has been given the leg up over everyone since day one. Don't get me wrong I agree that someone who owns a club should earn more than a Garbage man but getting paid per entry etc is just ridiculous, they can literally earn more money than I can earn in 2-3 days as a CHIEF ENGINEER by having ten people enter their business. The business system also completely neglected businesses that don't have tons of foot traffic, the entire system centers around bars, clubs, restaurants etc with little money to be made elsewhere. The solution to this is keep heavy foot traffic businesses how they are, but give more opportunity to misc businesses.

All in all, let people grind and they will spend their money and a lot of problems will be solved and way more avenues for roleplay would open. As an example, I have a luxury services/chauffeur business ready to launch but no one has money so its impossible, even a basic taxi service in this current economy is useless, anything that isn't /dance related isn't considered a valuable commodity in this economy and that is a huge issue for me.

Kiabr summed it up nicely. I can agree with every word in here.

I don't think making the economy hard or realistic is what we should be after as that's basically making it hard for everyone. We are a few months from launch now and no one is even able to make a used dealership business. A business that used to have some active roleplay around it, why? Because it's pretty to buy or sell anything. 

The argument of you can buy it off loan is not cutting it as well, it just makes it harder. I'm not saying removing the loans, just keep them for the new players to use but players who have been on the server for a few months should be able to buy and sell vehicles at ease. 

Remove tapering, make economy far easier than how it is now for businesses to flourish, and let the players who want to spend more time IG get rewarded for it. No harm done, SAMP LS-RP kept alive for over a decade with a bartender getting paid 20k an hour, I least care about the number if it makes sense inside the cycle and make the players interact more with eachother. I will say it again, supply and demand makes magic let it be a free market don't put limits on anything and it will reach it's equilibrium point whether it being a high or a low point doesn't really matter if things are working.

The current systems rewards players who aren't active enough and punishes the players who are actually IG.

Edited by Superb
  • Clap 1
  • OK 1

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

All three of the options, irrespective of what you do, is neither going to be a long term solution nor going to fix anything immediately though. When it comes to economy, currently the problem is that there are several ways to bring money into the server but it's hard to circulate them around and it's almost impossible to remove the money out of the server. 

Current ways to remove money out of the server:

1. Buying cars
  2. Renting houses
  3. Refuelling, /buying food or cigarettes (very minimal)
  4. /cad, /ad
  5. Gun/Drug schemes when people buy from darknet (very minimal)
  6. Rented cars (very minimal)
  7. Business licenses (very minimal)

Current ways to circulate money among the players

1. RP jobs/business jobs
  2. Weapon/drug schemes (through people RPing middleman and purchasers)

Current ways to bring money in the server

1. Social security paychecks
  2. Scripted jobs
  3. Legal factions
  4. Active businesses
  5. Passive businesses through renumerations/reimbursements

The things that are bringing in the money into the server far exceed the things that are removing the money out of the server and there's very little scope for money to be circulating within the players.

I echo the same sentiments as @HIVE.MIND and @Cursed_King. We need more reasons to "earn" the money. Currently a lot of people are using IC money for OOC motivation which frankly goes against what an RP game is about. I'm not saying that this discussion is useless and it's great that we are revisiting and starting a conversation on it but it won't get you the intended result. It's not going to help with the server population and definitely won't help with the long run. Avenues/things to spend money on will have to be prioritised before taking any decision on this.

1. Drop Taper
2. Intorduce the purchase of property but introduce "monthly or weekly property taxes" If you do not pay them your house can be auctioned, Of course there must be benefits from buying like "able to install house alarm", "tenant management", more furniture slots than rented ones.
3. Increase fuel prices
4. Increase duration of smokes, let people smoke in cars gonna help on sales

Without tapering the economy can slowly transition away from the reimbursements as players can afford entrance fees and drinks inside a business. 

Edited by HIVE.MIND
  • Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1

a9wQGYD.png      bBlHF72.pngj6wIKHj.png

23 hours ago, HIVE.MIND said:

1. Drop Taper
2. Intorduce the purchase of property but introduce "monthly or weekly property taxes" If you do not pay them your house can be auctioned, Of course there must be benefits from buying like "able to install house alarm", "tenant management", more furniture slots than rented ones.
3. Increase fuel prices
4. Increase duration of smokes, let people smoke in cars gonna help on sales

Without tapering the economy can slowly transition away from the reimbursements as players can afford entrance fees and drinks inside a business. 

yes because what the server needs is more taxes and more realism!