Economy

Economy Revamp.  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Economy Revamp.

• Reducing tapering
    • Removing Tapering
    • Leave it as it is.

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted to leave it as it is. There’s too much noise for nothing, you want money? There are many businesses lacking staff already and this is happening just because most of us decided to roleplay badass type of gangsta who doesn’t want to be seen bartending at a bar/club.

HELLO!

Getting more money around will do nothing but simply increase prices overall. I left GOV as Press Secretary because it was bringing me money but not roleplay. Now I want to roleplay and I’m already making money as a staff member somewhere and selling drugs somewhere.

• OK 1
  • Love 1

Mani Productions                                                                                                                                                                     Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 1 
Los Santos Publishing                                                                                                                                                               Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 2

1 hour ago, bobster said:

I think the tapering system does work, but:

• The reward reset time of 8 hours is too long and the reductions in pay are too tough, I mainly aim this statement at people who want to earn money via script jobs. You are able to earn good rewards by Trucking/Mowing, but only notably for your first/second hour. This shouldn't be the case, and as you play more towards the 8 hour mark you definitely feel the squeeze you are paid around $10 for a trucking run across the entire city. The reward isn't even worth the time the player spends doing the job... Yes, this was put in place to reduce the 'grindset' but the rewards are simply too low towards the end of the tapering period.
  • Completely removing tapering doesn't actually benefit anyone. With the removal of tapering, you will essentially (as stated in my message above posted by Dos Santos) play more to earn less. For those of you who aren't in a legal faction and do the script jobs, this means that you will have to spend more time working rather than actually focusing on roleplaying. This suggestion just essentially divides your total earnings for 8 hours by/8, and that's assuming that you actually want to spend 8 hours working. (Spoiler: You probably won't!)
  • The rewards for script-based jobs and/or things that civilian players have need to be tweaked, as previously stated first/second hour rewards are seemingly fine, but anything beyond that is subpar, yes there is a slight difference for those who are in player-owned companies, but this still also impacts them. 
  • Resetting the reward limit every 4 hours increases your earning potential, you are likely to be paid more, and if you want to log in for a couple of hours in the morning, log back into the server in the evening - your reward timer will be reset. Woohoo! No more waiting an entire working days worth of hours for your reward timer to reset. 

Couldn't agree more that what Bobby said, this is the way it should be approached.

• OK 1

1 hour ago, bobster said:

I think the tapering system does work, but:

• The reward reset time of 8 hours is too long and the reductions in pay are too tough, I mainly aim this statement at people who want to earn money via script jobs. You are able to earn good rewards by Trucking/Mowing, but only notably for your first/second hour. This shouldn't be the case, and as you play more towards the 8 hour mark you definitely feel the squeeze you are paid around $10 for a trucking run across the entire city. The reward isn't even worth the time the player spends doing the job... Yes, this was put in place to reduce the 'grindset' but the rewards are simply too low towards the end of the tapering period.
  • Completely removing tapering doesn't actually benefit anyone. With the removal of tapering, you will essentially (as stated in my message above posted by Dos Santos) play more to earn less. For those of you who aren't in a legal faction and do the script jobs, this means that you will have to spend more time working rather than actually focusing on roleplaying. This suggestion just essentially divides your total earnings for 8 hours by/8, and that's assuming that you actually want to spend 8 hours working. (Spoiler: You probably won't!)
  • The rewards for script-based jobs and/or things that civillian players have need to be tweaked, as previously stated first/second hour rewards are seemingly fine, but anything beyond that is subpar, yes there is a slight difference for those who are in player-owned companies, but this still also impacts them. 
  • Resetting the reward limit every 4 hours increases your earning potential, you are likely to be paid more, and if you want to log in for a couple of hours in the morning, log back into the server in the evening - your reward timer will be reset. Woohoo! No more waiting an entire working days worth of hours for your reward timer to reset. 

I totally agree with Bob here and would really like to advice everyone to have a read here to have a clear idea for each options before you choose to vote it out.

Edited by Endri

Spoiler

2.thumb.png.10c6deb3f3e927d5f7f95fde842bcbb3.png

Tester

Ashley McKinley - LSGOV

I voted for removing tapering but with a different perspective of how it should be.

Let me start that I personally don't agree that removing tapering will inflate the economy so bad because anyone claiming so calculates it as if the player is going to be playing for 8 hours a day, which will not happen. And if there is an exception (rare case) that someone plays that much then let it be. Players will most likely play the same hours as they play right now, there might be a slight increase but nothing drastic. 

And if removing tapering would result in more players online in the expense of IG cash being inflated then I don't see a loss in it, I'd rather have more players than a realistic economy.

My proposal solution would be to lower paychecks and scripted job payments a bit and to entirely remove tapering.

I have a formula that I believe might work:

Take the first current 3 hours values and divide it by 3, get an average for it and just put it as the new value for the hourly payment. 

Taking the below example:

NVIDIA_Share_RlSbMpkm1p.png

525+493+215 / 3 = 411

So playing 3~4 hours a day with the above formula will net 1233~1644.

While playing 3~4 a day right now with tapering on would net 1233~1327

That's not a huge difference in my eyes, but it will remove the cap. So if a player wants to grind for more hours, then he can do it.

• Thumbs 1

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

2 hours ago, Dos Santos said:

It's important to consider the following:

Reducing the tapering rate increases your earning potential, the tapering would reset every 4 hours rather than 8, essentially increasing the likelihood that you will be paid a good amount. This rewards players who are able to play for longer periods of time, or choose to dip in and out throughout the day.

Removing tapering does not increase your earning potential, it only divides your 8 hourly reward packet i.e. $1400, these are rough numbers below and do not take into account how rewards are tapered per the script, but it works for the example being demonstrated:

1st Hour with tapering - $500
2nd Hour with tapering - $400
3rd Hour with tapering - $200
4th Hour with tapering - $100
5th Hour with tapering - $50 
6th Hour with tapering - $50
7th Hour with tapering - $50 
8th Hour with tapering - $50

(Total of $1400)

With this proposal this means that $1400 would simply be divided by 8 and paid to you each hour, meaning that you would earn $175 per hour. You are no better off, other than having to play more to essentially earn less.

NVIDIA_Share_RlSbMpkm1p.png

So with the same values being divided by 8, that player would get paid $192. So if he plays for 2 hours a day, full week, he gets $2688. That can barely pays the rent.
This shouldn't be the path to take in my opinion, but rather something like the formula above. My two cents.

Excuse me for double posting, had to make them on different replies.

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

How about a point C @Dos Santos?

**drum rolls** Dynamic Tapering

Under this option, you introduce a dynamic tapering system that takes into account player engagement and activity. The concept behind this is to reward both longer play sessions and consistent activity. Here's how it could work (this is always according to my personal opinion):

Hourly Base Rate: Players start with an hourly base rate, for example, $100 per hour.

Engagement Multiplier: The longer a player stays in-game continuously, the higher their engagement multiplier becomes. For instance, if a player plays for four hours straight, they might receive a 1.25x multiplier, increasing their base rate to $125 per hour. If they play for eight hours, the multiplier might increase to 1.5x, resulting in an hourly rate of $150.

Engagement Reset: The multiplier resets when a player logs off, encouraging players to stay engaged without requiring them to be online for an entire eight-hour cycle.

This system would reward both extended play sessions (similar to Point A) and consistent activity (similar to Point B) while also promoting a more balanced approach. It's dynamic and engaging, and players could adjust their play style to maximize their earnings... Just my two cents on the matter.

slightly off topic suggestion, but fix drug system ASAP. It's so hard to make money as a gang banger, possibly make basic paychecks ($285) based on current income from businesses/amount in the bank instead of level on the server. Put it back to hourly theres no reason I should have to play 2.5 hrs to get $285 makes no sense to me.

4 hours ago, Cursed_King said:

I agree, not alot of things to spend money on beside guns and cars.

Alot of active business owners are basically printing money right now.

I suggest few things that help to withdraw some money from the server.

1- Losing money upon death (Medical fees)

2- Make clothing items purchasable, people will have to pay money for fancy clothes now.

3- Adjust few accessories prices.

4- Fix the car loan.

5- Implement jail bail system.

6- Purchasable furniture.

7- Increase rental cars.

8- Implement scripted events/activities like Paintball arena, slot machines, horse racing bets... ect.

9- Purchasable house/mortgages.

10- Purchasable OOC mask (like we used to have back on SAMP)

11- More useful items sold at the 24/7 like ties, blind folds, backpacks ect..

12- Remove stopping at every intersection and increase other traffic fines.

13- Weapon mods and skins!

14- Purchasable phones/data plans and phone number changes.

That's what came up to my mind right now, but if you give players stuff to spend money on, they would.

If you remove paycheck tapering some will afk for free money since AFK timer is now 2hrs.

this

a9wQGYD.png      bBlHF72.pngj6wIKHj.png

Here are my two cents:

Tapering ruins the economy in so many ways and businesses, especially businesses with lots of foot traffic were handled poorly.

Starting with tapering, you cannot grind the game and you aren't rewarded for your time at ALL. If I go on a 8 hour Public Works shift of setting up different work orders, working for the city's departments to fix up different areas of the city, working on existing work orders, organizing paperwork etc I get rewarded for 1 hour out of 8 hours of that work, at full pay and then after it drops off. There is literally no reason for me to work hard when I'm not rewarded for it. Like it or not, an RP server will always revolve around money alongside the RP and if someone works hard or grinds trucking for 8 hours, they deserve to be rewarded for it, they invested time in the server, they deserve to be rewarded for it. If you are SUPER worried about some guy grinding 20 hours a day every day and getting further ahead, make it so after you earn $10,000 or $15,000 you then get tapering or you can't earn any more money for that specific day within 24 hours. With the current system, you can be in a very high paying job (like the Mayor) but the server doesn't reflect that.

I honestly think tapering is a major reason why the server's playerbase falls off after peak time so heavily, because after the group you RP with log off, or the people you need to continue your RP log off, you are left with nothing to do because you end up only being able to grind for an hour, there are no businesses open because they all close straight after peak finishes, there is no RP hub like Idlestacks, there is no reason to stay, that is another issue entirely but I genuinely think the economy issues are the root of this issue as well.

Businesses, in my opinion another part of the economy that has been given the leg up over everyone since day one. Don't get me wrong I agree that someone who owns a club should earn more than a Garbage man but getting paid per entry etc is just ridiculous, they can literally earn more money than I can earn in 2-3 days as a CHIEF ENGINEER by having ten people enter their business. The business system also completely neglected businesses that don't have tons of foot traffic, the entire system centers around bars, clubs, restaurants etc with little money to be made elsewhere. The solution to this is keep heavy foot traffic businesses how they are, but give more opportunity to misc businesses.

All in all, let people grind and they will spend their money and a lot of problems will be solved and way more avenues for roleplay would open. As an example, I have a luxury services/chauffeur business ready to launch but no one has money so its impossible, even a basic taxi service in this current economy is useless, anything that isn't /dance related isn't considered a valuable commodity in this economy and that is a huge issue for me.

• Clap 1
  • OK 2

Billy Gorka

Public Works / Luxury Autos

Paco Castillo

Lab Inhabitant

Kenny Park

Homeless

I actually voted for "Leave it as it is", because it's actually the first time on LS-RP when I enjoy a "pretty realistic economy system".

Even though, I would suggest adding Happy Hours, when the paycheck would be increased by 1.75x or 2x when there's more than X players (based on the current playerbase I would say more than 60 online).

//edit

Also payments from jobs would be increased during Happy Hours.

Edited by $outh Central

Remove tapering. 

As soon as my rewards get tapered when trucking, I immediately exit the server and come online when my reward limit is reset. People are more likely to stay online for longer periods of time if they're being rewarded for doing so, tapering these rewards has the opposite effect. 

yAL89G6.png

TRAFFIC SERGEANT • CASSANDRA MAXWELL 

LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT 

TRAFFIC DIVISION