What is stopping you from logging in? [Not a rant thread] [Player Support Thread]

Deceive

Greetings;

Thanks to the efforts from staff and players alike, the server population has seen a slight increase in the past 2-3 weeks, from peaking at 20-25 players to peaking at 95 players. Recently, it has come down to 60-70 players. At this moment, I believe that we have pretty much everything we "need" script wisely to setup our characters without really grinding for anything. 

So, this thread is more of a player support thread where we will try to help each other out with the character setup without it being a chore and come up with alternative suggestions/out-of-the-box suggestions to make this game more enjoyable to each other.

PS: This is not a thread to request for script updates or an analysis thread on "what went wrong" but a thread of "what we can do with what we've got".

PPS: I am a snitch. Any attempts to derail the topic or not sticking to the topic is going to be reported to staff.

In order to make it easier for all of us, please use the following format to describe your OOC issue that's stopping you from logging in/stopping you from doing what you want ICly.

What type of RP are you doing?

- <Answer here>

What have you tried so far?

<Answer here>

What do you think is the solution for the problem?

- <Answer here>

What do you think is stopping you from arriving to the solution?

- <Answer here>

not enough business openings and/or too hard to find things that are happening. if you're new or unconnected, it is damn near impossible to find any kind of roleplay happening anywhere. a hub area would help so much with finding things when nothing else is happening - especially in those late night USA hours when the europeans have gone to sleep.

• Love 1

fn jacob_rabinowitz() -> Result<Lawyer, _> {
  Lawyer::builder().set_name(“Jacob Rabinowitz”).set_credentials(“JD”).try_build()?

}

there's an overabundance of bars, and the economy seems to indirectly lean in favour of such entry fee-based businesses, why bother creating illegal roleplay to earn money when one can sit idly inside his own bar and earn easy money? I can think of an illegal faction with literally three bars under their members, also you see stuff like this, all for that /enter money

Edited by mantas

NGL I have a crime char there ain't shit to do besides buy guns.

Drugs, I feel like no one roleplays selling it on the block... Also, they should have a reminder of the drug effects when you take them.. cause a lot of ppl don't even know that they do anything they're so used to the Coke HP from Samp or the other servers +HP... which leads to them not even being interested in it.

Once again I suggested maybe; GoKart businesses, Paintballing/airsoft arenas. Keep people in the game instead of, let's say going to another server to shoot...

Let's be honest, a lot of ppl rather join a server that says there are a lot of players on already compared to joining the server while it's low pop and being part of the reason why others are logging in.

Maybe increase the unemployment checks to every hour like instead of $285 every 2 hours, half of that which is basically $143 an hour... maybe make it look better by rounding it up to $150/hour.
Shit is expensive on the server and you gotta work a bit harder for stuff...

Edited by Scheming
  • Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, Scheming said:

NGL I have a crime char there ain't shit to do besides buy guns.

Drugs, I feel like no one roleplays selling it on the block... Also, they should have a reminder of the drug effects when you take them.. cause a lot of ppl don't even know that they do anything they're so used to the Coke HP from Samp or the other servers +HP... which leads to them not even being interested in it.

Once again I suggested maybe; GoKart businesses, Paintballing/airsoft arenas. Keep people in the game instead of, let's say going to another server to shoot...

Let's be honest, a lot of ppl rather join a server that says there are a lot of players on already compared to joining the server while it's low pop and being part of the reason why others are logging in.

Maybe increase the unemployment checks to every hour like instead of $285 every 2 hours, half of that which is basically $143 an hour... maybe make it look better by rounding it up to $150/hour.
Shit is expensive on the server and you gotta work a bit harder for stuff...

Having a go-kart track available would be great tbh

• Love 1

5 hours ago, mantas said:

there's an overabundance of bars, and the economy seems to indirectly lean in favour of such entry fee-based businesses, why bother creating illegal roleplay to earn money when one can sit idly inside his own bar and earn easy money? I can think of an illegal faction with literally three bars under their members, also you see stuff like this, all for that /enter money

That opening created rp for many, though

To be honest, I'm a solo RPer who does alot of stuff, legal and illegal.

When I can't find anything to do I tend to create my own scenarios and post on my character thread, it's fun for me.

But I feel like most of the scenarios that get scriptsupport are faction exclusive, with the solo schemes opening I'm really hopping I get a chance to get into the scheme since it'll fit my character and his development.

I feel like if you look for RP you'll find it it, even though alot of groups tend to be closed circles but some of them are very welcoming.

Even though I have a full time job and I'm a father, I always find make time to play on the server since it's the only game I'm playing at the moment.

Sadly the only thing that make me don't want to play is the OOC drama, it looks like everyone finds something to complain about, people cry and whine about anything.

Too much drama going on with factions and their questionable methods of managing their schemes.

Beside that, hop in, let's make an RP hub and chill.

• Clap 1

5 hours ago, Cursed_King said:

To be honest, I'm a solo RPer who does alot of stuff, legal and illegal.

When I can't find anything to do I tend to create my own scenarios and post on my character thread, it's fun for me.

But I feel like most of the scenarios that get scriptsupport are faction exclusive, with the solo schemes opening I'm really hopping I get a chance to get into the scheme since it'll fit my character and his development.

I feel like if you look for RP you'll find it it, even though alot of groups tend to be closed circles but some of them are very welcoming.

Even though I have a full time job and I'm a father, I always find make time to play on the server since it's the only game I'm playing at the moment.

Sadly the only thing that make me don't want to play is the OOC drama, it looks like everyone finds something to complain about, people cry and whine about anything.

Too much drama going on with factions and their questionable methods of managing their schemes.

Beside that, hop in, let's make an RP hub and chill.

Beautifuly said.

i'll go along with the format, but still.

What do you think is the problem & solution for the problem?

Well, more scripted options that will lead us into opening more businesses.

For example, people are saying that there are a lot of bars and its getting tiring, right? Okay, yeah, i can see that.
But on the other hand, we don't really have the option to open up other things that ables us to provide things to the community other than roleplay (texts, chat, /mes /dos)

For example -

•Opening up a tattoo shop > Giving the owner (aka the tattoo artist) the permission to /tattoo others (or give them the choice to, like /servedrink l guess?)

and opening up a parlor - lots of people got tattoos so, they can come over, have a whole session of hanging out, getting the sketch, giving the tattoo and all that and bam, script-wise, the customer can /tattoo himself and he got it IC and OOC.

•Opening up a barber shop > Same idea with the tattoo shop. RP cutting the hair and stuff like that, people can icly come work as cleaners and shit..

Point is that there is already scripted stores, right? Even gas stations and such.
So, let players (atleast some of them) hold some of those businesses with the script options.

In addition - Other than those shops, i trust there are more suggestions, but, the issue here is that we can't put it out to life, to physically have it and not NPC it in /do

Like the offer of the paintball > Opening up a paintball is an amazing idea, but the owner should have the option to hand out specific guns and a specific map and all that,

if he opens it now it'll probably be with our owned guns and turning it into paintball with /me's...

A bar needs only /setstation and /servedrink, the players do the rest.

I think if there was more businesses like those, not only more players would join because theres more things to do - but more players would join to try and OWN those businesses since it will give them things to do.

Only showing muscle when its flexing time

Thorgar 'THOR' Eriksson
HELL RUNNERS MC

16 hours ago, mantas said:

While you partially have a point, I'm here to play devil's advocate for a minute.

1) Active businesses help spawn much needed money into the server.
2) Active businesses help the small playerbase find an excuse to meet up and connect with each other. It's supposed to be ground 0 for creating roleplay. You meet at the bar, then you go out and do things with yourselves.
3) It's 2023. The life of crime has evolved a lot since the 1940's, RICO and a lot of other factors. While it may not be the most entertaining of stories to tell, it's much more realistic to see a bunch of wiseguys maintaining a proper business and just chilling while doing their illegal deals quietly in the backroom, as opposed to having blood on the streets daily.

There's ways to earn money from criminality stuff. Duh, guns. Drugs are getting a revamp and that will hopefully add another layer.
The SCENARIO SCHEME is incredibly underrated and overlooked, and I suggest everyone give it a look.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

What type of RP are you doing?

- illegal

What have you tried so far?

- Everything. Selling of Guns in large quantity, selling of drugs in large quantity, hits, robberies etc.

What do you think is the solution for the problem?

- We need a hub, I miss pizza stacks! Also we NEED to kill tapering paychecks. I understand the reasoning behind it but we need mallrats and they love to grind. A mallrat will grind for a month straight no RP just to get the house and car and money they want just to fit their RP. I also would stay on the server and just work when theres nothing to do but why would I and my paychecks taper.... and IRL thats literally unheard of. You dont put in overtime and get paid less, you get paid more, no one works their ass off to get paid less. We need to kill that taper ASAP.

Also speak to mallrats and see what draws them to servers and implement as much as you possibly can. From my experience on other servers, the population is full of mall rats and when it came to the smaller drug transactions (hand to hand) majority of them were mallrats. Same with the small sales of firearms, one or two at a time. "We need mallrats bro" hate to say it but its true. Also bring more light to the drug system, as people dont know how good coke really is. Taking less damage is no different than having extra health from coke like samp days, two different sides of the same coin so to speak.

Introduce a Go kart and or Airsoft businesses. Mind you, the players given access to this need to be fairly active if not itll be no different then any other business that happens to open here and there. It can curb DM, and be a potential Hub, alot of times I leave the server to go practice my shot, or simply out of boredom. If we had paintball/airsoft what do I need to leave for? Just shoot around in airsoft. Idk how the script works but from the outside looking in... I suggests scripting some type of universal blank ammo that fits all pistols, ars, smgs, and shotguns, and have it down you not 'wound' you. Then script a command that allows players to get up from said blank round and map a building out. 

Last but not least, add more to donator premium. Ive donated a few times and have been holding off in hopes of more features will be added to the premium. As of right now my only reason to buy premium is for /mask which lately I havent even cared to use, just been using an IC mask. 

What do you think is stopping you from arriving to the solution?

- Staff will need to implement Airsoft into the server

- Staff will need to implement things that attract mallrats to the server

- KILL tapered paychecks ASAP

• Thumbs 1

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BqxaU9R.png

-+Calculated Shooter+

Here are a couple of points I quickly thought of that I'd love for people to discuss. Some have already been listed.

• Player Hubs. The server really needs a hub where players can come and meet each other ICly. Mirror Park would be a perfect place for this to happen, in my opinion. It has a lot of buildings for potential businesses to open and would create a sense of community in such a small neighborhood.
  • Tapering. Tapering needs to be reviewed as it can be a little difficult for a player to earn money. Despite us wanting to maintain an economy that seems realistic, giving the player more freedom in the money they earn would make it seem easier for them to get settled. I've had friends who left the server because earning money seemed like a hassle. It might not seem hard with the amount of businesses hiring, but we need to, unfortunately, cater to that minority.
  • Providing a public roadmap for the community. Providing a roadmap to the player base with what the developers are currently working on and their progress would provide more transparency on the development of the server. People right now are looking at the bare-bones script and want to know what's to come instead of waiting weeks for something to be posted in the snippets channel on Discord. Transparency will show that there's "hope," in a sense.
  • Focusing on factions. Factions are such an important and integral part of a servers growth. Graffiti was teased at the beginning of September and this is going to be a great addition for gang roleplay. House Burglary / Pawn Shops < People should also take a look at this post in the Faction Team Public club regarding a future feature that'll provide more roleplay opportunities for players. Drugs need to be worked on as well as they're just used for roleplay without actual benefits which some players are used to. The first two examples are steps in the right direction and I hope the development team continues with the great work. Faction team can step it up as there doesn't seem to be much transparency on their discussions that can potentially impact the server in major ways. Overall, we're moving in a good direction. More features need to be catered around illegal and legal factions so that their growth can continue and provide a stable community within the server.
Edited by Fantasia
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 5
  • Love 1

Additional points I'd like to throw out there.

• Adding a guide for new players when they first join the server. I previously stated in the tapering how some friends of mine quit the server because of how difficult it is to get money. However, another set of friends let me know that the reason they left is because they had no idea what to do. What do I mean by this? Well, they explained to me that once they logged into the server and created their character, there was no guidance whatsoever. They weren't sure where to start, what to do, what were the options to get money, etc. We need to have something implemented in-game that can show players what they can do when they first join. A little guide. We can't treat this server like it's old LS-RP where people know where everything is and how to do it. We need to cater to the new playerbase.
  • Reviewing the Driving Test. The amount of players that have complained about the driving test was pretty big when the server first launched. A lot pf people, including myself, had some difficulty passing the written exam and I think it needs to be revisited and dumbed down. There are some questions that have two right answers but you can only pick one. Despite it being mostly common sense, we still need to cater to the players that get filtered by something like this. One friend of mine has quit because of this alone and even I explained to them how I failed twice before passing it.
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 4
  • Love 1