New RP Hub (Idlewood stack 2.0)

Cursed_King

• Management
2 minutes ago, memooh said:

Just make sure player owned businesses dont get hurt

So player owned businesses don't get hurt, how about we have businesses such as libraries, internet cafe's etc that don't require any sort of staffing inside them. They're just there, for roleplay?

Edited by Dos Santos
  • Clap 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Dos Santos said:

So player owned businesses don't get hurt, how about we have businesses such as libraries, internet cafe's etc that don't require any sort of staffing inside them. They're just there, for roleplay?

Yeah, that actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

sounds like a very good idea, however imo having 1 rp hub might be a problem, we should have 2 if the server playerbase lets us.

1 for illegals n dmers, and 1 for karens n mallrats

any server has both type of players and its good to keep them both

so we can have 2 places like on samp, idlestacks and the mall

having illegals and legals in one place will be a problem

6 hours ago, Dos Santos said:

What’s everybody’s thoughts on Mirror Park? Getting a load of businesses that are owned by the company team and can be a sort of hub for players. 

I might be biased because I RP there but it seems like a pretty good spot. Good split between housing / businesses, a number of factions based there, plenty of unclaimed businesses there too. There's one or two spots to add some rental cars as well. 

• OK 1

iUGoLrB.png

2 hours ago, Beda said:

sounds like a very good idea, however imo having 1 rp hub might be a problem, we should have 2 if the server playerbase lets us.

1 for illegals n dmers, and 1 for karens n mallrats

any server has both type of players and its good to keep them both

so we can have 2 places like on samp, idlestacks and the mall

having illegals and legals in one place will be a problem

Pit stop is mall spot

• Clap 1

been preaching this since the server came out glad its finally getting recognition as an issue

you should also consider removing a lot of the script stores from the game and have them only exist at this hub, or if not that just create some new ones 

an apartment building, a clothing store, a tattoo store and a 24/7 all in one place would help generate a lot of foot traffic

mirror park seems the best because its pretty contained. its essentially a town inside LS and that gives it a lot of appeal. the only issue i see here is that its a pain to get to and generally not a place people naturally pass by (which can be solved with what i said above)

Edited by trashstar
  • Strong 1

It won't work. Idlestacks or the mall happened naturally without OOC interference. That's why it worked. We can force an OOC solution by scripting w.e but the interest will die out 10 minutes of exploring the place. We really need to stop trying to figure out OOC solutions for IC problems. Pit Stop has already become a hangout place ICly irrespective of whatever anybody's opinion on it is. Crow's Hall is doing a pretty good job with it too.

Let's be honest now, neither Idlestacks nor the mall had good reputation. Everybody complained that it's where "DM'rs" or "Mallrats" hung around back when it existed. I don't understand why we're glorifying it now as some kind of a premier RP hub.

We need more active factions and the hubs will be formed automatically when factions become active. Kind of like Davis before all gang RP'rs left the server.

What could you put there to make it attracting to people? Unless you decide to remove all current shops that supply tools, bats, whatever else to these locations and then completely kill every other place on the map. SAMP mall happened because it had everything you needed along with the /ad place. SAMP idlestacks happened because Idlewood in general was surrounded by the most amount of gangs. Willowfield, Idlewood, everywhere else. We need something, it's just a matter of how we can get it done without completely ruining everywhere else on the map by doing so.

• Lead Admin

I think everyone's got a point here. Here's my take:

1. Yes we should try to encourage RP hubs so that there's at least one or two reliable 'casual RP' places which aren't so reliant on business openings.

2. One way of doing this, as suggested, is to move some businesses closer together and perhaps remove some of the other ones. This is something Dos Santos and I have talked about before and the odds are we'll end up doing it.

3. In addition to the above, we had the idea of trying to actively manage some of the businesses; having clerks in 24/7s and gas stations and so on. This would be reliant on some sort of shift/job feature which, is on the to do list.

4. Support factions as much as we can and provide them with whatever they need to make an area appealing to their type of roleplay - such as allowing outdoor furniture items. This approach can also be combined with the above, if the factions are happy having other businesses near their hub.

Having it all happen 'naturally' and without intervention is the ideal, but I think a jumpstart is needed, even if it's not one that's sustained or managed for very long just to see what happens. A key consideration would be whether any of the hubs be considered 'safe zones' or what-not. I'd argue not in the beginning, let chaos reign. 

• Bigsmoke 1
  • Love 1

Sal

1 hour ago, Sal said:

I think everyone's got a point here. Here's my take:

1. Yes we should try to encourage RP hubs so that there's at least one or two reliable 'casual RP' places which aren't so reliant on business openings.

2. One way of doing this, as suggested, is to move some businesses closer together and perhaps remove some of the other ones. This is something Dos Santos and I have talked about before and the odds are we'll end up doing it.

3. In addition to the above, we had the idea of trying to actively manage some of the businesses; having clerks in 24/7s and gas stations and so on. This would be reliant on some sort of shift/job feature which, is on the to do list.

4. Support factions as much as we can and provide them with whatever they need to make an area appealing to their type of roleplay - such as allowing outdoor furniture items. This approach can also be combined with the above, if the factions are happy having other businesses near their hub.

Having it all happen 'naturally' and without intervention is the ideal, but I think a jumpstart is needed, even if it's not one that's sustained or managed for very long just to see what happens. A key consideration would be whether any of the hubs be considered 'safe zones' or what-not. I'd argue not in the beginning, let chaos reign. 

I strongly agree with what you said, a jumpstart is needed considering the size of the map, and making a small RP hub for gathering will be very appealing to new players who just joined.

That was the reason behind my thread, thank you for considering it.

5 hours ago, a_sliceoflife said:

It won't work. Idlestacks or the mall happened naturally without OOC interference. That's why it worked. We can force an OOC solution by scripting w.e but the interest will die out 10 minutes of exploring the place. We really need to stop trying to figure out OOC solutions for IC problems. Pit Stop has already become a hangout place ICly irrespective of whatever anybody's opinion on it is. Crow's Hall is doing a pretty good job with it too.

Let's be honest now, neither Idlestacks nor the mall had good reputation. Everybody complained that it's where "DM'rs" or "Mallrats" hung around back when it existed. I don't understand why we're glorifying it now as some kind of a premier RP hub.

We need more active factions and the hubs will be formed automatically when factions become active. Kind of like Davis before all gang RP'rs left the server.

It will work since it'll be appealing to new players who are looking for RP and meeting new people, same goes for Solo RPers, i agree the old RP hubs happened naturally but we had a big PB back then.

The only reason i dont agree with your claim about the Pitstop and crow's pool being a RP hubs, it is because it became a closed community and as far as i saw it's not a welcoming enviroment for new players who still haven't developed their characters, the Pitstop attracts "rich" players with sporty cars, even though i respect what @SCANDALOUZ did ICly to promote the place with his questionable ADs and events he managed to organize there.

And no no one is glorifying those places as "Premium RP", Idlewood stacks and the Mall gave us a sense of community, seeing diffrent characters from diffrent backrounds doing their business, chilling or starting shit was hella fun to watch or engange in.

Once again, i agree, factions need to be active around those areas, but it's matter of time, new factions will be created and the excisting ones will be developed.