Radical Measures to combat the Low & Decreasing Playerbase.

SCANDALOUZ

Just now, Tseard1 said:

I am talking about responding in-game. 

They usually respond in-game all the time and if they aren't available then a report is made, initial statements are forwarded and the case is picked up the following day when IAB is available. I myself have paged IAB a few times and they have responded and in the instances where they could not respond, I filed the reports and IAB picked it up the following day. And they have all been investigated. I have also been the subject of investigations myself.

Then I am genuinely surprised to hear that this has been turned around so fast, within three weeks. 

Good work. 

Still don’t know why we can’t atleast trial a report system which doesn’t have to be big. There won’t always be supervisors around. 

• CJ 1

Just now, Tseard1 said:

Then I am genuinely surprised to hear that this has been turned around so fast, within three weeks. 

Good work. 

Still don’t know why we can’t atleast trial a report system which doesn’t have to be big. There won’t always be supervisors around. 

I haven't seen you in-game the last 2 months to be fair. Regardless these are concerns you should bring up to the Executive Staff team who are always available and swiftly handle any genuine concerns.

Just now, Jerome said:

I haven't seen you in-game the last 2 months to be fair. Regardless these are concerns you should bring up to the Executive Staff team who are always available and swiftly handle any genuine concerns.

To be fair, we don’t really share the same timezone and the server, just like this topic is about, isn’t really popping off so I don’t play every day but I see enough stuff posted around to be kept in the loop.

On 8/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, Venta said:

The issue doesn't lay in the location. County is even bigger than Los Santos and there's no way you're keeping players in one small town - there's just not enough space for most RP venues, especially illegal.

Several key issues I see at the moment:

- Slow development. Server updates are becoming even more rarer as the time goes, and so far these updates are minor and small. I don't know if it's because the developers busy or perhaps they are working on several big projects to release them all at once. I hope it's the second option. 

- Communication. Ever since Sal went on LOA, communication has been down a lot. No more staff meetings, no more news from the management. Again, I really hope this is silence before something big from their side. But players don't like silence.

Incomplete economy. Some people complain that the realistic economy model is bad. I personally think that it is good, but certain things are either missed out or done the wrong way. For example, car prices are wrong - some of them are too expensive, some are way too cheap. Rental car system is done terribly wrong - it's 20 times too cheap, there's absolutely no accountability, etc. Basically $20 burner cars that you can use for anything without any consequences, which also fucks up things for taxi businesses and transit schemes. Lack of ability to sell/scrap cars, etc.

Surplus of LEO. I'll be lynched for this, but there's too much players in PD/SD - most evenings 1/4-5th of the server are on duty officers. That's something you'd see in a C&R server. There's no challenge for the LEO players and they way overpower illegals - forcing them to RP in enclosed circles somewhere in interiors. Not to mention that most of the LEO players are actually good roleplayers and could really be much more useful in other legal non-LEO and illegal factions, as well as businesses. 

This right here. 

I stopped playing because I was tired of the dumb situations people would drag us LEO's into all the time. Ain't no reason for a server that calls itself heavy rp has a shooting happening with police every 5 minutes or a pursuit for a simple traffic ticket. At that point just call it Los Santos Cops and Robbers. Also the economy is dumb stupid. "Grind being online all the time and you'll become rich" Man I work, this isnt my job. Also I agree from the LEO side, there are too many use of force occurences, but what do you expect us to do when the community, every person we seem to interact with, shoots us? Shit gets old fast man. I went back to LSPDFR.

If this happened in a city in real life, the fucking National Guard would be called in.

In my opinion just close it down.

Edited by HP3
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1

7 hours ago, HP3 said:

I stopped playing because I was tired of the dumb situations people would drag us LEO's into all the time. Ain't no reason for a server that calls itself heavy rp has a shooting happening with police every 5 minutes or a pursuit for a simple traffic ticket. At that point just call it Los Santos Cops and Robbers. Also the economy is dumb stupid. "Grind being online all the time and you'll become rich" Man I work, this isnt my job. Also I agree from the LEO side, there are too many use of force occurences, but what do you expect us to do when the community, every person we seem to interact with, shoots us? Shit gets old fast man. I went back to LSPDFR.

If this happened in a city in real life, the fucking National Guard would be called in.

In my opinion just close it down.

Best opinion I've heard, close it down. Open SAMP server again.

Edited by Yeager

on kizzy?

I think the main issue with LS-RP is it's not attracting new players, it's the same let's say 100 to 200 players playing daily, while everyone is setup either in illegal factions or legal ones, or even solo RP, there is no development going on without new players, you may see the issue right now but most legal civilian companies/factions struggle with recruitments and finding new players to develop their enterprise, it's the same 100 players playing daily on the server, it's a good thing, don't get me wrong, it's always good having a loyal PB, but the server still need new players, at some point, these 100 LSRP loyals will get bored or stop playing for personal reasons, whatever, then the PB decreases, it's what's happening right now, the server started with a constant 200 players, now it's roughly 100 and it will keep decreasing unless the management figure out solutions to attract new players, the same thing was happening with LSRP samp which led to its closure, try it now, log into the server and try to find 1 player with the level 1, you won't, everyone is atleast level 3, which are the old LSRP players that never quit on this project, and I'am one of them, I will never give up on the server, but rather try and help by showcasing the problem, I'm probably not the best on giving solutions so I'll leave it to the experts, lot of civilian factions/companies are dying due to no new players getting into the server. no new players=no job seekers/ no job seekers=company dies down as there is no one that's willing to work (not talking about LEO factions and GOV ones)

It was over when the first launch date was delayed, we're better off fixing the issues and/or improving the systems that made everyone leave in the first place rather than trying to save a horse with a broken leg, the server could've done a lot better than 200 players daily and I'm sure (hopefully) the management team understands this.

Trying to maintain/save a playerbase is pie-in-the-sky thinking and the wrong priority to have.

Edited by Tens & Twenties
  • Thumbs 2

In addition, there's a lot of problems that stem from a marketing standpoint that compliments a relatively unfinished product. There was a key question that was clearly left unanswered by whoever was in charge of trying to present this server to the roleplay community:

• What separates the LS-RP brand from the alternatives? Why should someone leave all of their assets/progress on another server in exchange for what LS-RP has to offer (or rather, what they lack to offer)?

This, if not the most common, question is something everyone asks themselves before migrating to another community to test the waters to see if it's actually worth it. This should've been considered long before [the server] was released. I myself have been considering whether it is even worth to commit time to a server where there is quite literally not that much to do, occasionally I'll encounter some roleplay here and there, I'm sure many of us have had this dawn upon us.

We have to stop these knee-jerk reactions to a problem on the surface and actually delve into the source of it. In my opinion, the source is the features, or lack thereof, even the most trivial of features are missing i.e.

• customization options, masks, cancelling vehicular loans (I'm biased on this front specifically), lack of animations, not being able to adjust the character while in an animation, animations to indicate oneself reaching for a weapon, typing indicators, visible character attributes (seems broken at the moment), UCP character & account details/stats, door knocking and doorbells.

The list goes on.

However, of course, this is the source in just my own opinion and while others may share it, there are those that will disagree and understandably so. Some of these examples are mostly trivial, sure. But you can see compared to other servers that this one severely lacks. From here, you can easily understand the problem causing a decreasing player base. Everyone's bored. We need content.

Edited by Tens & Twenties

I expect flame for this very important first thing that needs fixed.

Why do we have PD and SD when there's no room for both, and only PD should exist until we reach higher player peaks, and this isn't about who's better or who role-plays better but right now there's more sheriff than PD and it doesn't feel right at all as LSPD should be the bigger faction, not sheriff. THIS NEEDS FIXED!!!!!!

Things that needs prio imo to save ls-rp

-Add the sale of properties

-Add literally every vehicles that makes sense to be added in the game, it's currently hella limited in the choices of vehicles, including boats (and planes). I want a boat but they're worth like 800,000$

-Keep businesses and company both passive and active opened at all time, this is very important

-Add the ability to work at 24/7's and other small server owned small businesses (this creates role-play and something for newbies to do without going into the boring rp-less script jobs)

-Add more illegals schemes (Illegal alcohol production, illegal cigarettes, illegal doctor selling prescription drugs.)

-Add more ways for police and sheriff to investigate, with wire-taps, trackers and so on.

-Make melee weapons, such as knives as they are in real life and knife robberies are the best type of robberies instead of the point gun "/me runs your pockets"

-Make /arson or /fire a thing (with admin perms), to allow you to create small fires or arson to give more role-play to FD instead of just gun shot wounds.

-Figure out a way to avoid players suiciding to cops but to make it fair for both parties and enjoyable.

-Free furniture system for businesses/houses/rental properties (Yes when you buy a house IRL it comes with walls and floors...)

-Get rid of the damn rental cars/make a rule to avoid rentals to be used after level 3 or make a rule to prohibit crimes while using rentals.

-A way to remove license plates from vehicle.

Less important things

-/Createscene

-External way to spawn furniture outside (Maybe premium perk, or a purchasable way with points)

-Vehicle customization

-Junkyard for beater cars that will break down most of the time.

-Way to steal fuel from vehicles (Illegal role-play)

-Way to manufacture illegal or legal alcohol/grow tobacco for cigarettes/cigars 

-More transparency when it comes to why a faction gets official/access to weapons/drugs.

-More polls about the server's future.

-More community meetings

-Ads should be able to be sent from anywhere, the ad centre feels like a remnant from samp and it has no purpose as it doesn't make sense.

Look if we make these things all available quickly, this is going to dramatically increase role-play and player count.  Right now there's a lack of script and it hurts the server because of it. I understand devs are working for free, but the competition is so strong script wise that we need to get some unique and different scripts ASAP. Marketing won't really work until we fix the core issues of LS-RP.

9 hours ago, Tens & Twenties said:

It was over when the first launch date was delayed, we're better off fixing the issues and/or improving the systems that made everyone leave in the first place rather than trying to save a horse with a broken leg, the server could've done a lot better than 200 players daily and I'm sure (hopefully) the management team understands this.

Trying to maintain/save a playerbase is pie-in-the-sky thinking and the wrong priority to have.

Honestly, I wouldn't even been mad if the launch was delayed again if it meant we would get a more fleshed out script.

I agree with a move to Paleto Bay, because:

1. Paleto Bay and the surrounding area has a lot of diversity. There's a mechanic shop, various stores, etc.
  2. The Cluck'n Bell Factory could be an excellent roleplaying opportunity as well as script-wise job.
    • Scriptwise Jobs: Moving boxes, working on an assembly line, delivering boxes to nearby Cluck'n Bell restaurants
    • Roleplay Opportunity:
      • Small towns with large companies like this tend to employ a large percentage of the town. This creates a common thread.
      • Perhaps the Cluck'n Bell Corporation is even a company and there is a chance to move up to Supervisor, Manager, etc. over time.
  3. The public facilities are all there - a fire station, clinic, police station, nearby gas stations, boating dock for fishing, mechanic shop.
  4. In my opinion, having a smaller but more full town is preferable to a more spread out experience.

I disagree with a move to Paleto Bay, because:

1. There are not many houses. Once the existing ones are taken, more houses would need to be added. Problem is there's not much nearby flat land to add houses.
  2. There are already communities that have set down roots as a county-side roleplaying experience.
  3. Many players are pathologically tied to Los Santos because they want to act out Boyz n the Hood.

If we did move to Paleto Bay, here is an interesting way to handle the map boundaries:

- Draw an "invisible circle" a reasonable radius around the center of Paleto Bay denoting the "playable area".

- If you leave that boundary, a warning appears in chat that you are leaving the game area. It does not stop you, teleport anywhere, etc.

- If you log out while outside of the "playable area" you will automatically respawn back at your default spawn. If you crash, you will appear back at the same spot.

- Disallow "placing" of items outside of the playable area.

1 hour ago, Cocoon said:

As MMartin said over Discord, we're having a community meeting real soon. Most of the issues you all have pointed out are on the to-do list already, some can be easily implemented, while others require more time to be developed.

I hope "soon" means "in max 1-2 days" because the server yesterday struggled to even keep more than 50 players on-line.

Edited by alessandroooo