Permanent vehicles ingame rather then spawned in.

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

How exactly? Not much input was given.

1. its going to cause texture bugs its very very common for servers to lose textures 

2. it will affect peoples performances who have low end pcs 

3. people with HDDs will esentially be fucked

I can see that a lot of people are disagreeing with this, I think it could be compromised so that vehicles stay on the server for at least 2 hours after a disconnect. That way there will always be cars parked around but not 10s of thousands.

Ideally I too would love to see all cars always spawned in but looks like most people are against it.

I believe that the city would look way cooler if all vehicles were to stay instead of being spawnable and despawnable. However there are a few issues that I see with this and I write this from experience. The issues that I can see in this are as follows:

• The vehicles would be compromised to cheaters. (Players would refrain from storing anything in their vehicles)
  • There would be definitely a lot of unrealistic parking all over the place which breaks immersion for role-players in the area.
  • There is a possibility that with so many vehicles spawned it could cause some sort of lag.

Because of these reasons I believe that it is a way better method to have a spawn and despawn system simply because players would use their vehicle when intended to for role-play, when they're done they would most likely end up parking it and despawning. That's just my two cents on the topic.

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

I'd say keep it as it was before, if the player is online it will stay spawned unless  v parked. If they're offline , Despawn on the hour if not in use.

Edited by Redz

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

Allow people to park vehicles anywhere.

When you park the vehicle, it stays spawned and interactable for the next five or so minutes.

If no one interacts with the vehicle, it despawns. However, if someone interacts with it (such as trying to break into it), then it stays spawned.

This would discourage people from just doing /v park and /q in quick succession. It was always an unattractive part of the community.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, ThatDutchPerson said:

This would cause massive streaming and performance issues, not a fan.

I agree, it'd create massive lag. I'd keep it exactly as it was on samp. Players can /v park their vehicles as they please. Don't make things more difficult for players then it has to be. Some players may want to despawn vehicles due to certain circumstances relating to rp etc. Don't "fix" what ain't broke, people liked it since the start of LSRP on samp all the way to 2021.

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

On 3/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, Redz said:

I'd say keep it as it was before, if the player is online it will stay spawned unless  v parked. If they're offline , Despawn on the hour if not in use.

I'm with this all the way.

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

On 3/3/2022 at 6:17 AM, Tseard1 said:

good idea on paper, bad idea when executed

Your name looks familiar, you once played MTA no? if so you'd know exactly what im talking about.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, KR4STL said:

I can see that a lot of people are disagreeing with this, I think it could be compromised so that vehicles stay on the server for at least 2 hours after a disconnect. That way there will always be cars parked around but not 10s of thousands.

Ideally I too would love to see all cars always spawned in but looks like most people are against it.

Even this, there is always a compromise to make it work one way or another.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Biskit said:

I believe that the city would look way cooler if all vehicles were to stay instead of being spawnable and despawnable. However there are a few issues that I see with this and I write this from experience. The issues that I can see in this are as follows:

• The vehicles would be compromised to cheaters. (Players would refrain from storing anything in their vehicles)
  • There would be definitely a lot of unrealistic parking all over the place which breaks immersion for role-players in the area.
  • There is a possibility that with so many vehicles spawned it could cause some sort of lag.

Because of these reasons I believe that it is a way better method to have a spawn and despawn system simply because players would use their vehicle when intended to for role-play, when they're done they would most likely end up parking it and despawning. That's just my two cents on the topic.

Unrealistic parking would fall under having a towing & recovery faction/company to deal with said issues. Lag issues can be scripted to have it despawn after a set amount of time etc.

10 hours ago, Natasha Valentine said:

I agree, it'd create massive lag. I'd keep it exactly as it was on samp. Players can /v park their vehicles as they please. Don't make things more difficult for players then it has to be. Some players may want to despawn vehicles due to certain circumstances relating to rp etc. Don't "fix" what ain't broke, people liked it since the start of LSRP on samp all the way to 2021.

/vparking in in quick succession is not realistic nor RP'ish at all. Nothing is making it difficult at all other than a car always being in its spot/driveway/garage at all (or most) times. As for the "don't fix what isn't broke", is more of a dwell on the past and more or so something that needs updating, like people say its 2022, not 2012, imo a better system should be made/ is needed cause from my past playing experience, /vpark and your car despawning at the moments instant is not realistic in the slightest. If i go outside my house irl, my car is in my driveway, not hidden away by a command to never be seen unless i spawn it.