Lenghty prison sentences & Forced CKs

pure north

5 hours ago, KnownAlmighty said:

It's a nice idea but I'm not supporting this. This one can bring a typical abuse from a law roleplayer for example that can hold an OOC grudge against another player who's roleplaying a gangmember or anything else If he's not apart of the law roleplay and decides to force a CK on. Leads to a forced CK because of the power he may hold. 

LEOs should only be allowed to Force-CK when the criminal(s) don't fear-rp, such as raising up his weapon against 20 LEOs who got their weapons fixed on him. As long as you value your life, you should be fine. 

I'm not into forcing CK because not everyone is allowed to donate to change his character name. But, I'll accept it if he'll receive a free namechange from server. 
I think only LEO should only be allowed to force ck like @pure north said . 

38 minutes ago, Zaw_ said:

I think only LEO should only be allowed to force ck like @pure north said . 

Yeah I dunno about that one, chief. If only LEO's could force CK people this server would just become GTA:W, plus, it's not like cops never fail to rp fear or anything. If there's gonna be force CK's, they need to be enforced on both sides, period.

• OK 1

I don't think forced CKs should be a thing. Leave it the way it is with CK agreements. As for the prison aspect, I 100% agree with what @pure north said. It'd be nice to have an actual court system although I think it should maybe be limited to something like felonies and federal crimes to avoid clogging the system. Players should be able to rp as a lawyer for hire or work towards a career as a state attorney if they want to. A court system would also allow for civil cases. Prison time should decrease when not in-game possibly at a slightly slower rate than when in-game or players should be limited to spending only like 95% of the sentence offline and must serve the remainder in-game to encourage prison rp. Prison rp can add a lot to character development, especially if your focus is illegal rp. That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Frosty

Los Santos Electric, LLC [Now Hiring]

"Scared money don't make money"

- Gandhi, probably

Forced CK's will lead to even more people using throwaway characters to do stupid shit with and criminals will care less about their characters than many already did on the old server. I'd support much longer jail times though because IC it makes sense. Jail is meant to serve as a deterrent and if it's not doing that then the punishments aren't strict enough and actually have police confiscate any stolen items / money if they're killed so it can be returned to the victims who were able to call 911.

I believe this was actually in the penal code that assets from the proceeds of crime would be seized, but I don't think this was ever utilized. Something that should be looked into for the new server.

Force CKs shouldn't be a thing in my opinion, but lengthy prison times can stay. Maybe not as lengthy as before where you would have to do 30 IG hours. Prison roleplay is fun, but on slow days where there's no one online in prison to RP with then it gets boring quickly. Having a proper court system would be best. 

On 11/12/2021 at 10:11 PM, Redz said:

Though I'm not for forced CKs I rather see people value their character's lives a lot more than they did before. 

I'm with Redz on this.

Also on the topic of prison sentences, the SAMP LS-RP had a problem which I'm sure most of you are aware of which was inactivity within the prisons, majority of the activity was created by the correctional officers and at times by factions which decided to open within the prisons but didn't last very long except a selected few. The fact is that whenever there were factions opened in the prisons that's when the prisons were fun to roleplay in and that was a huge problem for the server to not have a functional and active roleplay scene within the prisons.

I remember there being an FMP (Faction Management Public) thread on the old LS-RP forums about this where a lot of the staff members voiced out their opinions on the matter, the biggest problem was that LS-RP couldn't force players to roleplay a lengthy prison sentence because there was nothing to do, people will/would get bored and complain at some point which wasn't what the server was about, you want to have fun playing a video game and not be bored, right?

I do however agree about the fact that there should be increased timers for violations. The SAMP LS-RP timers weren't as fun because majority of players didn't experience the prison system roleplay. Now with a fresh beginning for LS-RP I do believe that they can create some sort of new system that can increase roleplay within prisons and make it fun to roleplay there again, by tackling that obstacle it will achieve players wanting to roleplay these lengthy prison sentences. However having something like 700 minutes for a murder (just giving an example, I don't know what the actual time given for murder on SAMP LS-RP was) and then having the option to either go out and simply roleplay within your character's development that you were gone for 2 years or god knows how long when in fact OOCly you've been gone for two days isn't much of an option.

I think players (especially illegal players) are very nonchalant about committing crimes. There's always the exception where a player does the whole phase of stress and what not, when they properly roleplay fear of being caught and everything else but it ultimately results them going back out on the streets after laying low for a short amount of time.

I think that players should be more fearful of committing crime, especially things like murder, attempted murder, big heists & similar and I do think that can be achieved by having a functional and lengthy prison sentence which could stop and make their characters think twice about doing some of them because of the consequences. But I do also think that the prisons really need to be worked on so that those players who do end up there have someone or something to roleplay and have fun just like on the outside instead of AFKing their sentences away.

Edited by Biskit
  • Strong 1

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

I understand the concerns that comes with forced CKs, but I believe that it will add spice to the roleplay, people will fear the lives of their characters.

Also I believe that when it comes to faction wars, for some of them, CK perms should be given to both sides. Instead of just killing each other with nothing to gain and nothing to lose other than a weapon, CK wars forced by the faction management that can give the factions something to fight and die for would be nice to see, maybe turf, dominance, vassalizing another faction, taking over a legal front of another faction, or fighting over supplier spots would be awesome to see.  

i think forced permanent incarceration should be a thing when you reach a certain amount of violent felonies. it helps circumvent illegal vs legal divide by pushing criminals to interact with other criminals when engaging in violent crime as they're much less likely to be prosecuted. it also helps to prevent the disproportionate amount of robberies committed against civilians, especially in high income areas

On 11/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, Arachnid Man said:

Ima be honest GTAW did it right with the jail time and points system to life sentences.    

I agree with this. I think there were suitable punishments for the crimes and it lead to a more realistic atmosphere. The points adding up lead to criminals being punished as repeat offenders and so forth.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, pure north said:

I understand the concerns that comes with forced CKs, but I believe that it will add spice to the roleplay, people will fear the lives of their characters.

Also I believe that when it comes to faction wars, for some of them, CK perms should be given to both sides. Instead of just killing each other with nothing to gain and nothing to lose other than a weapon, CK wars forced by the faction management that can give the factions something to fight and die for would be nice to see, maybe turf, dominance, vassalizing another faction, taking over a legal front of another faction, or fighting over supplier spots would be awesome to see.  

I really doubt CK faction wars should be a thing, simply because the years I spent playing the SAMP LSRP I witnessed a lot of DMers creating factions, just to have some kind of reason to kill people. Just imagine joining a faction with a freshly made character and a week later, some DM hungry people iniciate a war and you get CK'ed without even having a possibility to develop your character.

Unless there will be some kind of name changes given out by Faction Management when such war happens. But I doubt that would be possible as well, because it would require extra management members to have access to things like giving out name changes and such. Plus, such wars would probably require being spectated by admins, which I doubt anyone would want to do. That is just my opinion though.

P.S I do agree that it would make the game more hardcore and spicier, but at the end of the day I think the advantages of such gameplay fall short to the disadvantages that it can give.

z7otr84.png

On 11/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, Sticker said:

I really doubt CK faction wars should be a thing, simply because the years I spent playing the SAMP LSRP I witnessed a lot of DMers creating factions, just to have some kind of reason to kill people. Just imagine joining a faction with a freshly made character and a week later, some DM hungry people iniciate a war and you get CK'ed without even having a possibility to develop your character.

Unless there will be some kind of name changes given out by Faction Management when such war happens. But I doubt that would be possible as well, because it would require extra management members to have access to things like giving out name changes and such. Plus, such wars would probably require being spectated by admins, which I doubt anyone would want to do. That is just my opinion though.

P.S I do agree that it would make the game more hardcore and spicier, but at the end of the day I think the advantages of such gameplay fall short to the disadvantages that it can give.

DM factions can be easily spotted out, and if another server has managed to make it happen with their staff team, why LS-RP can't? If they gonna need more staff members for this to work, they better get to recruiting.

CK wars should only be forced by the faction management and should only be applied to factions who have no or little to none history of DMers  have been up and going for, let's say maybe three months.

Just because there are a few dmers here and there, we shouldn't give up on this concept. 

Also, I believe that people are gonna have to learn to deal with the loss of their characters. This is a roleplaying game after all, we should reap what we sow, we can't always win, and when we lose, we better lose for real, instead of just losing a gun or two and going back to the routine rp, and vice versa, if we win, we should win for good, like I said, CK wars should be profitable for the winning side so it means something. War over supplier spots or territory should be looked into.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, F0r3v3r said:

I think longer prison sentences will force people to consider the option of not doing the crime before they do it. Sure, they might need to do it for a gang or something, but they have to take the risk. We don't want to create a environment where people commit crimes to be let off with a ten hour AFKed sentence, but a rather complex system that'd limit these RPers. I feel like something in lines of a "Half online half offline" should be implemented. Let's say someone receives a 24 hour prison sentence for murder. They should then be in game for the 12 hour period and then 12 hours can be done offline. It would be a little bit easier to cope to for illegal role-players who don't exactly want to spend too much time in prison but they should also learn from it.

How to say you want to kill illegal rp without actually saying you want to kill illegal rp.

It's like all the majority people saying they want 24+ hour sentences are all legal PD/SD rpers.

People are here to play the game, illegal rp is just as much if not more important then legal. You can force a horse to the water but you can not make him drink, YES people should rp all prison instances but adding 12+ hours to an already long prison sentence as is, making people have to sit at their desk and scrap and beg for roleplay  for 12 hours at a time when people already took MULTIPLE days to complete 12 hour sentences on SAMP is just not ideal at all.

LSRP on gta 5 is going to average 500-800 players possibly, their will be PLENTY of people who actually enjoy rp in prison, hell it was like that on SAMP with half those numbers on SAMP. (Example: Pen 1/Kushin/A black faction who's name I forgot because their were multiple at one point)

"Let off with a ten hour sentence"

Have you ever tried to do a ten hour sentence? Almost no one sits straight through a 10 hour sentence and is roleplaying in the same day/night most if not all of those people were mall rats, I'd be willing to bet barely any were hard core illegal rpers.  I used to take day breaks after prison sentences (To create a realistic experience within my faction + I'd just be tired of the game afterwards)

Keep prison sentences how they were before, hell maybe even shorten them, but. Make them so you can serve them offline as well as online if you choose to. Everyone's first go to is limit illegal rpers as much as possible. Imagine tipping the scale a bit, In every Police documentary or show/movie video you find on the net (International favorite movie: The Wire) 

They always hence how gangbangers and crime are always stepping their game up, making it harder for them to get caught, etc. Make that somewhat be the case here. Illegal rp is what probably grows at minimum in-between 60-75% of the player base, You want proof? Go look at your average rp video on YouTube.

Think about what you just said, You want a complex system that would LIMIT, That's not ideal either, You want a complex system that forces each sides to be their best, PD is already going to have Dogs/Forensics etc and with how widely known it is how good Mmartn and Kane are at coding/scripting who knows wtf else crazy good shit they'll put into this game.

As well as on peak days 100s of other Police rpers online at a time possibly 150-200 when you combine PD/SD explain to me how limiting illegal rp even more would be ideal at all? 

When literally everything they're/we're up against is supposed to put them at a disadvantage. (Been in PD as well as majority illegal rp through a span of 7 years) PD is literally supposed to win up to 80-90% of their encounters. So you want criminal rpers to serve 24+ hour jail sentences 80-90% of the time? Doesn't make any sense and will not increase any type of RP in terms of quality, will probably in fact decrease it substantially.

What you will increase is the disconnect between illegal/ legal/ Faction Management even more, and if you've been around when LSRP was on samp you should know how bad it was there.

Force the legal rp to step it's game up, actually have a court system/trials/court dates/appeals/ make Detectives have to actually build cases. etc. I personally know multiple people who used to rp on lsrp who went off to become attorneys/lawyers,  Don't try to limit the other side. You'll literally turn LSRP into GTA W where theirs 200+ law enforcement and 10-20 street rpers online at peak times

Edited by Jit
grammer

Personally I’m for forced CK, CK wars imo are exciting. because of the unknown if your character will survive or not. i agree with the longer prison sentence. lsrp on sa-mp was known for their illegal rp . majority of the community was illegal rp. legal rp is definitely on world’s side. i doubt legal rp will be as popular on lsrp as it is on world.  i know i got side track but all in all i agree with force ck and longer prison sentences.  i dont ever attach myself to a character so if i lose my character so be it.  i dont play as a second life i play to play, it’s a game at the end of the day.  same with OOC assets if i had a million dollars and got CK and LSRP CK rule stated when you get CK you lose all of your OOC assets. it wouldnt affect me. i just wouldn’t care if I lost my OOC assets. i dont have the play to win mentality either.