Police Department & You

zapper

With a recent shift in leadership, the LSPD leadership team have been working hard at providing changes internally to enhancing the experience for faction members and the community. We're now shifting the focus to the community to gain additional insight on any areas that you believe may need improvement or be addressed. 

We're open to your feedback, your experience with the LSPD thus far, or to any questions that you may have.

Just a reminder, LSPD is currently looking for new members to join its ranks, if you're looking to explore law enforcement roleplay, the LSPD is your spot. Join our forums here!

Thanks!

• Thumbs 1

Causes of concerns I've heard from friends and seen myself - high activity of camping in small areas ie: Jamestown. I understand patrols to scan Rancho but LEOs shouldn't camp a faction's area, anticipating a threat because there's 20 members active. 

Other than that very niche issue, I've had great experiences. I like how LSPD and it's members provide roleplay opportunities through events and natural engagement respectively, almost like representatives of the server. 

14 hours ago, Cheech said:

Causes of concerns I've heard from friends and seen myself - high activity of camping in small areas ie: Jamestown. I understand patrols to scan Rancho but LEOs shouldn't camp a faction's area, anticipating a threat because there's 20 members active. 

Other than that very niche issue, I've had great experiences. I like how LSPD and it's members provide roleplay opportunities through events and natural engagement respectively, almost like representatives of the server. 

I see where you are coming from, but I would argue that said factions are bringing the heat upon themselves by constantly acting recklessly and causing a literal mayhem. Patrols are there for a reason and that reason is most of the time the several deputy/officer involved shootings that take place. Needles to say, being a part of the LSPD myself, I do have a bias, but I feel like the interactions from both parties have been great and contributed to the creation of some "healthy" scenarios. The "win at all costs" mentality is no longer there and I feel like that, even if a GANG unit or just a regular cruiser are circling around the area, you still have a fair chance to escape.

TL:DR: Putting pressure isn't inherently wrong, especially if criminals are misbehaving constantly and making their hood a "red zone".

Edited by Cocoon
  • Thumbs 1

Allow me to voice in my opinion to answer Cheesh's comment! 

A neighborhood where around two to four shootings occurred a night shouldn't be taken lightly nor ignored. Some factions do in fact bring it upon themselves. 

Either way I wouldn't call it "camping nor lurking" around the neighborhood cause I have never seen something similar happens from our side the LSPD (and especially us GND units as we are responsible for handling gangs). It is rather "increasing police presence" in said areas until everything's got back to normal; this means being present 'a little bit over normal' around the area where there's been heat  but not not to the level where we're in their neck/could possibly ruin their role-play experience. 

There's a thin line between camping and raising the level of alert around a specific area that has been a source of high rate of crime /major incidents. (shooting at police, drive-bys, murder...) and when we estimate that more police presence is required, which is developed RPly due to past IC role-play incidents; rest assured that this very presence will only be to a reasonable and realistic limit. 

Thanks! 

Edited by malarkeyy

Gang and Narcotics Division, Major Enforcement Section 
Officer-in-Charge, Police Academy Section

Simple, if the target is not actively shooting or is actively making an intent to harm or kill you or someone else then don't shoot. I personally haven't experienced any deathmatch by cops yet on this server, but I have experienced cops riding through residential areas of gang infested neighborhoods. Some fear should be shown from cops rolling down Jamestown Projects, Grove, Chamberlain, Brogue, or where gangs are known to "post up" at, by themselves or without any form of planning previously developed. Not to say they never do mind you. 

Edited by PrayingMantis

Congrats Zapper, take it far!

It‘s really annoying when the Air unit is sitting in Davis with the high beam

on us waiting for something to happen. They should go on the infra red camera at least 😉

Also we noticed multiple units camping around Davis, waiting for any action to go off.

Edited by Daidough

^ I came here to say the same thing. I understand it’s a gang infested neighbourhood and a high crime area but the past few days have been insane. No matter where I look there’s a police cruiser and to top it off a helicopter just following us around all the time. 

I know there’s probably less action at the moment due to the player base decreasing but stuff like this will just demotivate people further. I’ve seen a simple traffic stop turn into a 15 cruiser police chase one too many times and it’s just getting irritating.

However on the good side, I’ve seen far less robo cops compared to other servers, and some officers genuinely interact with you for the sake of roleplay. S/o Buck Oakley’s skirted egg 

5 hours ago, 1sleep23 said:

^ I came here to say the same thing. I understand it’s a gang infested neighbourhood and a high crime area but the past few days have been insane. No matter where I look there’s a police cruiser and to top it off a helicopter just following us around all the time. 

I know there’s probably less action at the moment due to the player base decreasing but stuff like this will just demotivate people further. I’ve seen a simple traffic stop turn into a 15 cruiser police chase one too many times and it’s just getting irritating.

However on the good side, I’ve seen far less robo cops compared to other servers, and some officers genuinely interact with you for the sake of roleplay. S/o Buck Oakley’s skirted egg 

I think we should find a balance between the two: LEO RP has definitely improved, but illegal factions must do their part too. I don't feel like patrolling in a gang-infested area is bad per-se, especially because all the interactions I have had so far have been amazing. In the past few days we lost a lot of suspects in pursuits, I have pulled out of several of them because my car got involved in TC's (even small ones!). So please do understand that we are trying to make it as fair as possible for you guys, but we expect the same quality of RP from gangs/illegal factions too. If you are in a pursuit and hit a wall or a pole, think if you should RP it or if it would be realistic for you to continue. Please note: I am not asking you to make it boring for yourself, we all do love police chases, so it is fine to enjoy them on a more arcade-ish level, but find a balance between pure and enjoyment for yourself and for the other parties involved.

In addition to that, I do feel that your perception of our presence in gang areas is altered by two main factors:

1) The SD station is literally on Davis, meaning you will get to see a lot of patrols around the area, and even if it looks like someone is camping it may just be another Deputy/Officer who, for the past thirty minutes, spent his time patrolling on the other side of the city.

2) Illegal factions are often outnumbered, while they have 10-15 players online, SD and PD combined may have 20+, resulting in a more capillary presence.

Edited by Cocoon
  • Strong 1

9 hours ago, trashstar said:

ive legit seen 19 cruisers chasing a rental lol u guys gotta chill with that shit

Most of the crimes that we've been dealing with in the county I work for is crimes happening in stolen cars. You don't know what that person did to warrant such a large scale police chase. Not only that, but I have not ONCE seen more than 6-10 (and I might be a little high with 10) cars chasing after someone. 19 cars to me seems like an exaggeration in all honesty. And even if this was a thing, it's entirely in-character and should be treated that way. 

• Thumbs 1

Honestly, considering the crime rate in Davis is literally a shootout every 20 min, it's good to have a lot of police around the area. Especially since gangbanging characters gets the time and effort to develop rather than running, ducking or shooting back

And SO to the police characters that exit their vehicle to engage around us casually

15 hours ago, ScubaStef said:

Most of the crimes that we've been dealing with in the county I work for is crimes happening in stolen cars. You don't know what that person did to warrant such a large scale police chase. Not only that, but I have not ONCE seen more than 6-10 (and I might be a little high with 10) cars chasing after someone. 19 cars to me seems like an exaggeration in all honesty. And even if this was a thing, it's entirely in-character and should be treated that way. 

no it wasnt an exaggeration. could it of been a one off? sure but it still definitely happened, and there are discord receipts of multiple people laughing at the ridiculous situation when it was going down. and why should a horrible police to criminal ratio be an IC thing lol we're pretty much under martial law at this point

• Thumbs 1

26 minutes ago, trashstar said:

no it wasnt an exaggeration. could it of been a one off? sure but it still definitely happened, and there are discord receipts of multiple people laughing at the ridiculous situation when it was going down. and why should a horrible police to criminal ratio be an IC thing lol we're pretty much under martial law at this point

You're more than likely talking about a mutual aid pursuit between PD and SD. Most, if not all supervisors in PD know having 19 cruisers in a pursuit line is not how that's meant to be done (pursuit lines are called code four, etc).

There's plenty of crime and with Davis and Jamestown being a hot spot, it's only natural for there to be a high police presence. We've taken measures to lighten up and ensure the playing field is both fair for criminals and police officers in terms of camping. The high presence is there because of the ridiculous amount of shootings that go on and that's how it goes w/ neighborhoods IRL.  

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 1

• DadoJ changed the title to Police Department & You