What do you want to see out of the Los Santos Police Department?

6 hours ago, top honky said:

The helicopter not being brought out for every minor thing, only being brought out for situations that are actually appropriate, like a car full of M4s that just wiped an entire block or something.

The real life LASD/LAPD always have helicopters out, whether it's a shoplifting or an armed vehicle pursuit. A threat is still a threat, we don't want to give out chances for shoplifters to pull out a handgun, take down an officer and run off.

• Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, Duckling said:

The real life LASD/LAPD always have helicopters out, whether it's a shoplifting or an armed vehicle pursuit. A threat is still a threat, we don't want to give out chances for shoplifters to pull out a handgun, take down an officer and run off.

I fully agree, but at one point on LSRP it's just gotten silly. I recall that the latter HOLF had passed a ban on the lock-on feature of the helicam mod on SAMP, and forced police helis to fly within the render distance (as they'd often camp above it). I feel like that's a reasonable trade off in order to make the game more fair toward both sides, and I genuinely hope that those limitations are carried over to LSRP5. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

8 hours ago, top honky said:

Example of the OP helicopter camera World has that I'd respectfully ask LSRP to avoid implementing.

The lock-on might be a little bit op, but I am not going to suggest removing it if we do get it. I do fully understand if Management and the Developers don't want to add the lock-on. The zoom and spotlight are really nice features to have, which I really hope that we get.

32 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

forced police helis to fly within the render distance

I don't have anything against that if the Head of Legal Factions makes a rule about it. The render distance in GTA V is pretty good. If it was as bad as on SAMP, then the helicopters would probably fly between the skyscrapers, which would be unrealistic.

• Thumbs 1

2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I fully agree, but at one point on LSRP it's just gotten silly. I recall that the latter HOLF had passed a ban on the lock-on feature of the helicam mod on SAMP, and forced police helis to fly within the render distance (as they'd often camp above it). I feel like that's a reasonable trade off in order to make the game more fair toward both sides, and I genuinely hope that those limitations are carried over to LSRP5. 

I am pretty sure that you would be able to hear and most definitely see the helicopters on GTA V. SAMP had it's issues with helicopters and their render distance and sound which shouldn't be a problem no more.

The camera locking was removed and strictly fordidden. A mod for our Air units has been made by a community member where the lock-on future got removed and we were only able to use zoom and filters (e.g. Night Vision) which were enough for SAMP. However GTA V has different flying/camera movement and mechanics and I would love to see a lock-on feature for easier tracking. Or find a workaround way of fixing the SAMP issue where the camera followed in tunnels, etc.

• Thumbs 1

10 hours ago, top honky said:

The helicopter not being brought out for every minor thing, only being brought out for situations that are actually appropriate, like a car full of M4s that just wiped an entire block or something. I saw a helicopter on world and multiple units chase someone over knocking a few things over in a store. And if there is a helicopter camera to be added, it should be significantly less overpowered and actually require skill to utilize, with no lock on and they have to manually track the player and give callouts.

https://streamable.com/z84r85 (this is just an example of the helicopter camera, has nothing to do with the situation i was talking about with the store)

Example of the OP helicopter camera World has that I'd respectfully ask LSRP to avoid implementing.

I don't see how you make out that is OP? Everyone preaches for a realistic approach, this is realistic, but when it goes against peoples agendas, its somehow OP?

• Thumbs 2

55 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

If you mean tactical medics - they're a real thing 

Indeed they are. And even if Tactical Medics are a thing on LSRP V, they won't be replacing the role of a Paramedic at all. If anything, they'd provide life saving medical attention to those in need (in the absence of a Paramedic or assisting a Paramedic) and stabilise the patient until either transported or until a Paramedic arrives. Nobody's wanting to take any roleplay away from FD, if anything, we'd end up working with them more and in better detail than we would in the absence of Tactical Medics.

Edited by Farrell

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

• CJ 1
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 2
  • OK 1

1 hour ago, Freezypop said:

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

I don't think that's the case with US Police Forces. What you are describing is some of the European police forces (UK, Norway) where regular officers do not carry firearms. Nor do the communities have huge issues with illegal weapons, armed gangs and car chases rarely happen.

In US shoot-outs and chases in some areas is as normal as going for groceries. I suggest you to check out this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/PoliceActivity and you'll see how American police work differs from the comparably calm situation in Europe. And when it comes to server - it's something like Detroit.

• Thumbs 1

qgv23wo.png

2 hours ago, Freezypop said:

If you aren't going to be serious, then please don't comment in the thread 🙂.

Also, if an Officer would be taken hostage, of course they will RP fear of losing their life.

• Thumbs 3
  • Love 1