We need to steer away from a realistic economy model, at least for a while.

The economy is perfect as is. I've barely had to grind and I'm pretty well off right now, in the sense that I got everything I need but there for sure is some street about getting enough money by Sunday to pay off the rent and car loan. And that's fine and realistic.

This is not SAMP where you can just buy a 1.2M house and buy your Bullet and go chill at the mall. You can't buy expensive shit from the get go and that's perfectly fine the way it is.

Speaking from the gang roleplay POV, selling drugs and having those sales actually matter money-wise and not be done just for the RP is a huge improvement, same thing for selling guns. I've made all of my money IC-ly through roleplay and I'm sure there are a lot of ways you could do that as well.

Whatever happens just for the love of God don't fuck up the economy again so we have to sell pistols for 20k and M4s for 100k and a house in the hood runs you a few Ms. This is a fresh start.

• Love 4

My suggestion is to make the first job you do a day, be it taxi or trucking or mowing give you 1000 dollars, everything else behind that greatly reduced… like 2/300 hundred. 

if you’re in a faction and don’t have a job like members of PD/FD then the first hours paycheck of a day to 1000.

Encourages daily login, stops you from running mindless trucking unless you want to giving you back more roleplay time, keeps the economy relatively healthy and gives players a faster and more efficient way to earn assets. 

Edited by Timber277

Just allow me to be able to refinance my car, or trade in for half its value + down payment. the cars value will be crunched into a percentage you actually get off said car you are trading in for. 

allow the garbage job to empty bigger bins which would essentially provide more income as they will be required to tow more garbage bags at once.

Right now I can go mow a yard in 5 minutes for 40 bucks which is so much faster than driving truck with a transport 2 license and you potentially make the same amount for both either route. The incentive on that is backwards and could be adjusted as even after leveling the trucking job up you could make double the money mowing yards and you aren't even a owner of the mowing business AND it takes literally half if not a quarter of the time. 

+ street sweeping job and a forklift factory job would be cool beans. 

All being said, its early, its new and we're just getting started. lets gooo

Edited by kables
  • Thumbs 1

9 hours ago, Timber277 said:

My suggestion is to make the first job you do a day, be it taxi or trucking or mowing give you 1000 dollars, everything else behind that greatly reduced… like 2/300 hundred. 

if you’re in a faction and don’t have a job like members of PD/FD then the first hours paycheck of a day to 1000.

Encourages daily login, stops you from running mindless trucking unless you want to giving you back more roleplay time, keeps the economy relatively healthy and gives players a faster and more efficient way to earn assets. 

This is pretty much exactly what was happening in SAMP. Crazy amount of money just flowing in each payday.

Imagine that in a day we have like 200-400 unique players. If they all got 1k doing either nothing or something insanely easy then we would pump 200-400k in it every single day!

In a week you'd have huge numbers floating around and that issue would just increase over time. Soon buying a 60k car would be a meme, since most of these players aren't around for 2 days, they're here for the long run.

4dfQ5Et.png

1 hour ago, SolidShock24 said:

This is pretty much exactly what was happening in SAMP. Crazy amount of money just flowing in each payday.

Imagine that in a day we have like 200-400 unique players. If they all got 1k doing either nothing or something insanely easy then we would pump 200-400k in it every single day!

In a week you'd have huge numbers floating around and that issue would just increase over time. Soon buying a 60k car would be a meme, since most of these players aren't around for 2 days, they're here for the long run.

Valid point but at the same time there is no money in the economy right now, when housing comes in and business and company’s no one is going to be able to stock a fleet of taxis for example. I and a lot of others still don’t have a car and taxis are crazy priced on the app as it costs 3/4x more for a short journey then renting a car for an entire hour. 

Supporting the players is essential to have a fun experience in a game but we’re all here to roleplay so understand the need for realism. Reducing the price of some basic cars or having more variety and availability, maybe a second hand dealer in the county (sandy shores) with cars that don’t run well but it’s getting you around. Same when housing comes in, motels and cheaper living will be essential if the economy is this restricted. 

Gotta disagree, the way the server is put together is perfect economy wise. More realistic. Keeps the realism attached, gotta grind for what you want. Everything shouldn’t be so easy to obtain. 

This stems from people having everything elsewhere and wants to come over here and skip the grind. 

hell no for me. 

On 6/24/2023 at 4:56 AM, Angellify said:

The economy is perfect as is. I've barely had to grind and I'm pretty well off right now, in the sense that I got everything I need but there for sure is some street about getting enough money by Sunday to pay off the rent and car loan. And that's fine and realistic.

This is not SAMP where you can just buy a 1.2M house and buy your Bullet and go chill at the mall. You can't buy expensive shit from the get go and that's perfectly fine the way it is.

Speaking from the gang roleplay POV, selling drugs and having those sales actually matter money-wise and not be done just for the RP is a huge improvement, same thing for selling guns. I've made all of my money IC-ly through roleplay and I'm sure there are a lot of ways you could do that as well.

Whatever happens just for the love of God don't fuck up the economy again so we have to sell pistols for 20k and M4s for 100k and a house in the hood runs you a few Ms. This is a fresh start.

+1000

I have just read every reply on this thread at least twice again, and I have come to the conclusion that some of you are actually geniuses. I believe it's time that Martin introduces welfare checks for any and all, and maybe even reintroduces savings, so we can have what the economy used to be; abhorrent chaos.