We need to steer away from a realistic economy model, at least for a while.

17 minutes ago, Morte666 said:

Keep it the way it is. 

Give everyone 5K and call it a day, if you blow it learn how to manage money simple. The system best right now where we are at. 

Agreed. There's a thousand and one ways for you to generate income, not only that but you recieve something along the lines of $285 a paycheck. Three hours of roleplay (just roleplay, no grinding, nothing) and you will already have those $700 dollars that you "need" to survive. 

Schemes will also be opened for the illegal community, and from there on out your imagination will serve as your best friend. 

Edited by Ese Reaper

7 hours ago, Ese Reaper said:

Agreed. There's a thousand and one ways for you to generate income, not only that but you recieve something along the lines of $285 a paycheck. Three hours of roleplay (just roleplay, no grinding, nothing) and you will already have those $700 dollars that you "need" to survive. 

Schemes will also be opened for the illegal community, and from there on out your imagination will serve as your best friend. 

+1

12 hours ago, Ese Reaper said:

I think you forgot the part where that 285$ goes away after you hit level 4. Current system is flawed and turns players away from rp and puts them to asset over RP. Also meaning if anyone plays a legal character that is in any faction, PD, SD, GOV, or FD. They won't be able to afford a rent+ car unless they play 9 hours a week after they hit level 4.

11 hours ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

I think you forgot the part where that 285$ goes away after you hit level 4. Current system is flawed and turns players away from rp and puts them to asset over RP. Also meaning if anyone plays a legal character that is in any faction, PD, SD, GOV, or FD. They won't be able to afford a rent+ car unless they play 9 hours a week after they hit level 4.

You do understand that up until level 4, you receive $10,000 right? It is lazy for somebody to ask for all of these assets to be granted to them on a silver plate, without any efforts or contributions going towards them. Not only that, but the current system in place also eliminates the tumour which has plagued the roleplay community for the last decade or so, which is people automatically roleplaying rich. You should garner that influence, and power ICly. 

Oh, and that does not include any work that you do on the side into the equation. Every single launch of any community is flawed, but to demand for them to stretch out those paychecks is a bit too much. The system that is currently in place is fine. Also afaik PD, SD, GOV, or FD receive more than $285 a paycheck too. (If they don't, they should). 

Honestly, people should stop stressing about grinding, and should just roleplay. If you want to 24/7 the trucking job, go ahead. That is your time wasted. I have myself, only put a few hours into "grinding" and was automatically thrown off, hence forth it has been nothing but roleplay. Mind you, I'm paying $1,000 for a rented property weekly and I'm completely fine 🙂

Edited by Ese Reaper

On 6/18/2023 at 4:51 PM, bladeex said:

Maybe introduce something like assets request? Let's say if you hit some criterias (e.g.: character background story w/e) you'd be able to request some goods for a certain limit. This way ppl wouldn't need to grind for basic stuff.

Nah thats hot panda garbage. We touch grass, we dont write 1,000 word 5 page essays explaining why you want a meth lab.

• Clap 1

Just bring back old system. You guys are forgetting, we are LS:RP. How many people over here had millions sitting in banks and we used the funds to create RP, using cash to purchase properties, furniture them for sick ass vibes and all that. We don't care about money, we just use that shit to create more possibilities. 

When I was running Russian scene on SAMP, I'd have my crew scout some cars and snap pictures of them. Pass it over to me and I'd forward to other organized crimes that were my business associates. They'd get back with me with the car they liked and my crew would jack that ride, we'd RP the entire process of document, VIN swap and all that and after couple days of RPing in garage doing all that, I'd buy the car from DS and sell it half-price to the OC affiliate. So if its elegant that was 120k, I'd sell them that for 60k, but I'd just raise up prices of gun/drugs for a little while until 60k would be paid off, but that would take even up-to 2-3 month for them to slowly pay it back to balance it out, but core point is...we used money to create sick RP instead of grinding/waiting for cash for months to create more RP. 

Don't forget the important factor that, lots of us are older these days. This ain't 08-2016 where we were young and had plenty of time on our hands, majority of players are probably mid 20's right now and when you wanna come IG to be able to do epic shit that you been doing on here since 07-09 and etc... grinding for cash from beginning is pretty harsh.

If not, at least give us good cash boosts. Let people get back on their feet , get some vehicle, property and such. Because expecting everyone to follow "realistic" economy is harsh, because end of the day. Economy will still get fucked up, it's just matter of time. Multiple servers across all platforms tried it, but end of the day. It's a game and nobody wants to grind.

On LSRP we got standards, there's special thing about us and nobody gave a shit that you had couple hundred grand sitting in the bank.

80 percent of people RP'ed broke or fitting their characters-RP developing assets, nobody proper RP'ed having mils in their bank. How many gang members out here had millions, but RP'ed broke as shit, but used the funds to purchase vehicles, get properties mapped out so it feels enjoyable to RP around whole hood scene...

• Clap 3
  • Thumbs 3
  • Love 1

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

It is a bit challenging how it is right now and I like how the illegal scene is going with the current economy system and people need to work their asses off to run their factions and bring items to it, I am sure there can be a lot of other jobs in the future that can be fun and involves roleplay in it, not only driving around farming money.

Give it some time, the server is just starting and this is actually perfect to be honest.

The economy is fine the way it is, it kills the people who only log in to spam jobs in hopes of getting rich overnight and logging out or buying up expensive houses just to hold on to them for years just to say you have it. I feel as if this economy forces you to actually go out and create roleplay, in real life you're most likely not gonna get rich working a 9 to 5 but you for sure can live comfortably from one depending on what type of degrees/certifications you may have but that's besides the point. If you solely rely on one source of income as an average joe then you'll either live a normal life with your head just above water or you'll become a victim of poverty. Want extra money? Go create something to make you extra money that involves play-to-player transactions, there's no cap/taper on that. This is a heavy-rp server and everyone loves to cry about realism until it doesn't benefit them. Keep it the way it is and get creative and find more ways to make money besides a job is basically what i'm trying to say.

• Thumbs 1

Being overly cautious is better than being lackluster with injecting money into the server.

You're saying it's broken right now, but it's not.

The people suggesting that everyone just gets 5k daily from God (in character) are geniuses. I can't believe someone from LS-RP's development team didn't think of it already, because this is absolutely the most intelligent idea, that anyone in this community has ever come up with, me included. I hope it gets implemented immediately. /s

$700/week taking 3-5 hours to accumulate is inaccurate. That amount of money w/o social services can be achieved within 1.5 hours of trucking, so that's straight up false.
That instantly nullified any argument that it takes too much time to get the minimum amount of money to survive or that we're super busy IRL and can't even do an hour or two of money gathering in a whole week on the server.

Creating a request system as mentioned near the top of the post would also be very ass since A: it wouldn't be fair to everyone B: it would require a shit load of staff involvement creating pretty much pointless duties for them to additionally take care of every day.
On top of that this system would have lots of other issues, what would you do if a player becomes inactive and has one of these granted assets? Do you delete it? Sell it off via some kind of staff hosted event? Do you make a script?
Okay, let's say we have a script that deletes it, what if the player comes back? There's like a gazillion edge-cases that can't be scripted in and would require staff to spend time on it, making it just not scalable at all.

Giving X cash to players isn't a great option either, since not everyone would receive it obviously and I mean the same people that want X cash to be given are the ones also writing that trucking isn't in their characters background, so how the hell can you suggest money from god to be sent down?

Honestly, I can't even provide a great solution right now. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that a solution is needed at all. We're literally less than 1 week into the server and nothing's even stabilized. Maybe if we're like a month or two in and it's still insanely hard to finance a basic car or rent out a property, then we can start looking at some options.
But either way, if y'all want to discuss this, then come with long-term viable suggestions, cause none of this stuff in the post is realistically possible for the server to do in the long term.

Edited by SolidShock24
Some extra gucci stuff to add

4dfQ5Et.png

The solution to this is make jobs (outside of Trucking) have more career growth, add a means to run your own business, even if its something like Uber. I'm not sure how RideMe works but is it limited to only taxis or can anyone with a modern-ish 4 door do it? Opening opportunity like that for side hustles would help as well. That being said, the economy is brand new and still stabilizing as SolidShock24 mentioned. Give it time and things will get better and more adjustments will be made.

I understand the flip side of the argument though, I have a full-time job IRL and due to my time zone can only really play during non-peak hours so anything that's not trucking or god forbid I do mowing is out of the question and a lot of my time spent on the server right now is working but, I've got the down payment on a nice car and with minimal effort have enough to afford a nice house, splitting the rent with someone.

Billy Gorka

Public Works / Luxury Autos

Paco Castillo

Lab Inhabitant

Kenny Park

Homeless