First Impressions

Mmartin

5 minutes ago, trashstar said:

bcs people have the ability to separate IG wealth from OOC wealth lol. its way more authentic to roleplay having money issues then to actually have money issues scriptwise

I remember how that worked in SAMP. When people roleplayed something and failed, they went to their OOC piggy bank and refinanced instead of learning from failures and being smart about making their operations profitable.

Personally, I don't see how someone who has money and wants to roleplay a bookmaker but doesn't know how bookmaking works and operates at a constant loss, is more authentic roleplay than someone who starts from scratch, learns how bookmaking works, makes a profit, and separates themselves from the rest. The exact same fundamental concept applies to practically everything. 

People bet money because they didn't care if they won or lost. Since they didn't care if they won or lost they did less or no research. The bookmakers running betting shops didn't know how to balance the books or use margins and make odds but you know what? They didn't care learning because they didn't care if they won or lost.

Why go through the hassle of learning about bookmaking? Why put time and effort into balancing the books? Why make a 7-8% margin on a $20,000 book or why risk loan sharking if someone can go bartend for an hour and make the same amount of money. That's exactly what breaks immersion and makes the environment completely unrealistic. 

no we just prefer the freedom to portray our characters without an absurd time investment lol?? uve pointed out how much of a sick rper u are in every post uve made it has to be satire at this point. i dont wanna have to go thru a rigorous application or spend weeks accumulating wealth just to rp working in my dad's shitty chinese takeout its a pretty simple concept to understand

You can have a different opinion without being an immature hater. Refrain from name calling and personal attacks, and focus on discussion points. If you fuck that up we ain't got nothing to talk about. 

It's the 4th day I'm waiting for a response to my business lease application. Am I complaining? No. I go out and roleplay in the meanwhile. If I get denied it's because I need to put more time and effort into it. Think it through. Make sure I can operate it actively and profitably. The property team doesn't owe me shit and I'm entitled to nothing. My output depends on my input. Period. 

and not everyone is a fresh off the boat poor person who has to earn and work their way through los santos. you're treating this shit like its gotham city lol let me rp a fashion mogul, let me quickly get a business so i can rp giving people food poisoning from chinese food, let me rp being a limo driver without spending 100k or whatever it is. people switch characters and try new things all the time and your way of doing things stunts creativity 

I wasn't going to respond to that but I'll tell you what creativity is.

Creativity is when you're a low-level Mafia associate who's in debt (and when I say in debt I mean really in debt not your imaginary little roleplay scenario you painted with your friend for screenshots ”to grow your character.”) and you got until the end of the week to come up with an envelope otherwise your character will be killed off permanently. You can't go to your OOC piggy bank. You can't keep roleplaying a gangster because you want to. No. You have to go out there and figure out how to make money.

That's creativity. That's authenticity. Because it's real. Not ”let me have a business and endless trunks of money so I can make pretend I'm a gangster, and everyone should respect me because that's what I choose to roleplay.” 

• Clap 1

47 minutes ago, Scrat said:

So I don't too many issues with the economy, the money you get for the first few levels is enough to allow you to finance a vehicle and get a place to rent, with enough left over, over time to play around with. With 1.1 adding that same income to all levels but at a reduced rate, there's at least that security net that you'll be getting a little income no matter what you're doing with your time. I think it's a good step without sacrificing the economy model where things that don't need to be are costing hundreds or thousands.

With regards to the script, I am a bit concerned on some of the key features that it's lacking, and wonder what state the script was in last year when things were originally going to launch. That said it's obvious there's very skilled members on the team; the phone script is sleek as all hell and 'just works' in a really nice way for the most part. I also recognize we're less than a  month into launch and things will be coming as time goes on - I just hope that LSRP is able to catch up with the vital QoL features other servers may have that players have come to expect to have available.

This is why we value your feedback A LOT; contrary to popular belief, we do read you and as long as criticism is constructive I can assure you the main issues will be addressed. It will take time, but we will get there 100%.

Edited by Cocoon

The economy is a lot more forgiving than people think it is. Yes cars are $20,000 but you're splitting that into 40 weekly payments. That's $500 a week and you get $285 paychecks an hour. I fail to see how this means a daily grind. You can't dedicate 2 hours a week?

And when it comes to drugs and guns, this server is actually far more accessible price wise. You're not paying 20-30k for a pistol and 100k+ for a rifle, not even in the context of this server's economy. I just think people don't get the financing system, which granted could use some more work.

• Thumbs 1

I was staying away from this thread, since I write enough text walls daily, but I have to comment on the whole "LSRP being GTA:W rejects" part.

The majority of GTA:W starting player base was LSRP and RCRP (LSRP rejects) rejects.

So, while there is some technical truth to current LSRP being GTA:W rejects, it is a silly statement to make.

The GTA RP (samp and rage) community is basically the same few thousand assholes hopping between servers throughout the years. 

If we suck, then they all suck. Non-argument.

On topic:

The bad:

- The server is bare bones as hell, sort of a ??? after all the launch delays.

The good:

The staff, collectively, has shown incredible willingness to listen to the player base and what we need, then has done their best to actually act upon these needs asap. Company Team in particular has been phenomenal.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

On 7/6/2023 at 11:34 AM, Cocoon said:

This is why we value your feedback A LOT; contrary to popular belief, we do read you and as long as criticism is constructive I can assure you the main issues will be addressed. It will take time, but we will get there 100%.

Please stop, you'll read what is deemed "appropriate criticism" by those in power and if it doesn't align with what you want to read it'll be deemed the latter.

Want some criticism? Stop acting like LSRP is this elite, invincible community that will live on forever by hopping on former nostalgia and riding a few older players whom happen to stick around. I tried RP'ing like everyone else, and we've seen a major drop in PB. You can say what you want, but it sums up to failed launch, lying to your community at the expense of their dollar to construct this idea that we'll be having a fully equipped and competitive server (while launching a year and some change later with a bare bones script) when really we don't. Face the fact, this is why most of the players whom actually can play "realistically" as you claim to want so bad in our community have gone off to other serves (and by others I mean one specifically), and if you want proof just look at our current faction thread as a whole.

Constructive criticism?

Drop the "I'm staff and your point is invalid because you spoke the truth and hurt my feelings" act. The sarcastic spiel by a certain leader of this community is unnecessary and does not look good on the staff members whom from what I heard from the great vine? Are not so favorably looked upon anyways.

Listen to your community, the grinding sucks. Idk how to mitigate this, but it's true. I come home from work to roleplay, so at a minimum if I can settle my character that first few days with a car and at least a little bit of money, that'll help me in the long run as a player (provide assets to get off our feet at first, then grind later).

Create a community video showcasing some RP and spread it across the internet, it'll reach people and possibly increase player base numbers.

Create more businesses in-game, like script wise. Even if it's not being used or just there, it's nice to be able to RP in different locations instead of having to look for something that's open and owned by a player. (For example, I wanted to RP buying jewelry at a diamond store, but there is none in-game scripted to do it so I had to go to that Ponsonby's to do it there).

Why is everyone acting like LSRP's script on samp wasn't basic as hell? We didn't like it but the RP was top tier guys. The server seems very enjoyable at the moment, the features that they currently have are solid and I've rarely ever come across bugs, sure it needs a bit more work but like I said, solid and you've got your environment to RP. Get a grip.

4 hours ago, JackH. said:

Why is everyone acting like LSRP's script on samp wasn't basic as hell? We didn't like it but the RP was top tier guys. The server seems very enjoyable at the moment, the features that they currently have are solid and I've rarely ever come across bugs, sure it needs a bit more work but like I said, solid and you've got your environment to RP. Get a grip.

You’re comparing a game made in 2004 in the PS2 limited graphical capabilities to a game with way more capabilities and less limitations, and the promise of certain staff members creating a robust script that’ll match or compete with our competition. But I guess you don’t care that your time/money was taken and you were lied to? 

the script plays a big role in certain aspects of role playing, say why you want but people don’t just want to stand around spamming /me’s all say

49 minutes ago, .445 said:

You’re comparing a game made in 2004 in the PS2 limited graphical capabilities to a game with way more capabilities and less limitations, and the promise of certain staff members creating a robust script that’ll match or compete with our competition. But I guess you don’t care that your time/money was taken and you were lied to? 

the script plays a big role in certain aspects of role playing, say why you want but people don’t just want to stand around spamming /me’s all say

Dunno mate, what do you wanna do beside spamming /me’s? I mean, that’s what we’re here for, no?

1 hour ago, JackH. said:

Dunno mate, what do you wanna do beside spamming /me’s? I mean, that’s what we’re here for, no?

idk past customizability which is rly lacking ur right in that there doesnt need 2 be too much script support. i think a lot of people are confusing a lack of things to do with a lack of script functionality

Edited by trashstar
  • Clap 2

16 hours ago, .445 said:

Please stop, you'll read what is deemed "appropriate criticism" by those in power and if it doesn't align with what you want to read it'll be deemed the latter.

Want some criticism? Stop acting like LSRP is this elite, invincible community that will live on forever by hopping on former nostalgia and riding a few older players whom happen to stick around. I tried RP'ing like everyone else, and we've seen a major drop in PB. You can say what you want, but it sums up to failed launch, lying to your community at the expense of their dollar to construct this idea that we'll be having a fully equipped and competitive server (while launching a year and some change later with a bare bones script) when really we don't. Face the fact, this is why most of the players whom actually can play "realistically" as you claim to want so bad in our community have gone off to other serves (and by others I mean one specifically), and if you want proof just look at our current faction thread as a whole.

Constructive criticism?

Drop the "I'm staff and your point is invalid because you spoke the truth and hurt my feelings" act. The sarcastic spiel by a certain leader of this community is unnecessary and does not look good on the staff members whom from what I heard from the great vine? Are not so favorably looked upon anyways.

Listen to your community, the grinding sucks. Idk how to mitigate this, but it's true. I come home from work to roleplay, so at a minimum if I can settle my character that first few days with a car and at least a little bit of money, that'll help me in the long run as a player (provide assets to get off our feet at first, then grind later).

Create a community video showcasing some RP and spread it across the internet, it'll reach people and possibly increase player base numbers.

Create more businesses in-game, like script wise. Even if it's not being used or just there, it's nice to be able to RP in different locations instead of having to look for something that's open and owned by a player. (For example, I wanted to RP buying jewelry at a diamond store, but there is none in-game scripted to do it so I had to go to that Ponsonby's to do it there).

"Please stop, you'll read what is deemed "appropriate criticism" by those in power and if it doesn't align with what you want to read it'll be deemed the latter." 

We're clearly speaking different languages here because it was never my intent to act as the "elite" you have mentioned, nor I have discarded any criticism. The only thing I have said is  that we are 100% reading and taking notes of any feedback you guys have provided (when behaving appropriately). I don't even know what you are on about, because I can ensure you I am quite the opposite of the "snob-ish-I-know-it-all" staff member you have mentioned. I'd suggest you go through my messages before making such bold claims.

And how can one not be ironic when you are even making statements such as "failed launch", either you have attended Staff meetings when we discussed our expected results in the first months or it is quite evident that your claims have no documented evidence behind them. To each their own, I guess.

Edited by Cocoon

• Management

I think we've gathered enough feedback in regards to people's first impressions of the server. The thread has been derailed for a bit; please refer to a separate general discussion thread to discuss individual concepts, or suggestions board to discuss features. 

We've learned a lot and will continue to learn as we implement highly sought after features in the upcoming days and weeks. I hope we can show you that through consistent development and updates.

• CJ 1
  • Love 1