What excites you about LS-RP V?

Liam

I barely had the opportunity to learn to roleplay properly in LS-RP. Started a couple of years ago, but then gave up. Thought about coming back a few days ago and noticed that it doesn't exist anymore. I'm hoping to learn and improve my roleplay skills on the upcoming server. Even though I love San Andreas, and it will always be one of my favorite GTA games, I'm glad we're moving onto something a bit more modern, not just for the visuals but the possibilities that it offers.

The chance to actually have some balance. When I stopped playing LS:RP in 2017~ it was partly because the economy was so far gone. Unless you were willing to spend your days fishing for a pittance, got lucky enough to have OOC friends with money (or met someone who tipped you 100k for driving him in a cab, which to be fair, since the economy was so broken was actually relatively common), or waited a ton of actual months with money in your savings, you were doomed to be poor and therefore unable to interact with a bunch of aspects of roleplaying a criminal. This was further compounded by the fact that making money as a criminal was basically impossible unless you were selling guns since

1) drugs were useless and common and no one wanted them for anything other than roleplay, rarely

2) there were no scripted jobs with payment other than a terrible car chopping script

3) a desert eagle was around 20,000 by the time I left, and an AK 50,000, in a game where some people made it a point to go around shooting everyone under really thinly veiled excuses, so you were always at a big risk of losing said sizable investment

Plus there's a ton of other reasons, and as far as I know, this could have all been fixed in the 4 years I wasn't there to see it. I hope these issues are taken seriously because they aren't easy fixes at all and while the new engine and scripting possibilities are great, GTA V will also undoubtedly be harder to balance in certain ways.

Edited by IdleStacks

On 11/21/2021 at 7:40 PM, IdleStacks said:

The chance to actually have some balance. When I stopped playing LS:RP in 2017~ it was partly because the economy was so far gone. Unless you were willing to spend your days fishing for a pittance, got lucky enough to have OOC friends with money (or met someone who tipped you 100k for driving him in a cab, which to be fair, since the economy was so broken was actually relatively common), or waited a ton of actual months with money in your savings, you were doomed to be poor and therefore unable to interact with a bunch of aspects of roleplaying a criminal. This was further compounded by the fact that making money as a criminal was basically impossible unless you were selling guns since

1) drugs were useless and common and no one wanted them for anything other than roleplay, rarely

2) there were no scripted jobs with payment other than a terrible car chopping script

3) a desert eagle was around 20,000 by the time I left, and an AK 50,000, in a game where some people made it a point to go around shooting everyone under really thinly veiled excuses, so you were always at a big risk of losing said sizable investment

Plus there's a ton of other reasons, and as far as I know, this could have all been fixed in the 4 years I wasn't there to see it. I hope these issues are taken seriously because they aren't easy fixes at all and while the new engine and scripting possibilities are great, GTA V will also undoubtedly be harder to balance in certain ways.

Yeah... In the 7-8 years I played LSRP I've never seen or heard of a deagle going for 20k at least in any rp situation I've ever been in, You probably were around people who were constantly trying to scam you, you could even buy guns in bulk for less than 50k Deagles in bulk for less than 20k as well.

In the  years I played I never seen a deagle go for more than 5-8k and an AK/m4  was around 15-18k. Could be dependent on what type of people you rp with.

Drugs being for roleplay purposes only doesn't sound like a bad idea to me tbh, You have your share of crack heads/ plugs/cartels and gangs that push them onto the street and roleplay around them. I think your underestimating the rp that was involved with drugs throughout illegal rp on the server at one time when I rped with probably the most known cartel faction to ever grace lsrp on samp, I found my self forming connects with almost every other street gang at one point in time.

I like the job aspect that GTA 5 brings so that I can get behind. I'm gonna miss those free mechanic paychecks.  I was astonished when I seen people actually roleplay 9-5 jobs... 

As far as the economy goes, that will always get worse over the years as it did in lsrp on samp, real life governments can't even get it 100% right. I can imagine a game server that's constantly changing monthly. I do like the fact they get a fresh start and will see major improvements but the economy fluctuating badly is almost inevitable. They have some good ideas being said/hinted of use in that Economy thread.

I will say though, it sucks that being poor just isn't an option if you want to seriously rp, as being poor completely ruins you being able to buy houses for faction turf and etc. 

- More realism

- Bigger population, hopefully a more dense city with traffic rather than open roads with people driving around at max speed drifting

- More activities and scriptwise features, sure it's roleplay but being able to do more physical things and see them is pretty cool

On 9/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Smithy said:

Looking forward to some RP again, seeing how the LEO factions develop and hopefully as mentioned above... a realistic economy (but enjoyable). I'd much rather prefer $1,000,000 being the HUGE amount of money than it being $100,000,000 on SA:MP LS:RP.

On point.

I'd say I'm excited about the whole thing not something specific.

• Clap 1

• 2 weeks later...

Char customization. Car customization. Criminal RP also boutta be lit asf, especially the shootouts 'n shit, since I'm thinking you'll also be able to mod your guns a li'l, couple that with the combat mechanics GTA V already has, and shit's gonna get really interesting. Literally boutta be a straight upgrade from SAMP. And, of course, nostalgia. Shittons of nostalgia.

To be honest, I'm pretty excited about a lot of things. The main one I guess is RPing again with some old friends and, despite a few years have passed (10-11 to be more exact hehe), get that nostalgic feeling I had when I first joined LS-RP. Also, now we have the chance not only to show but to have everything we always imagined back in SA-MP, such as cars, maps, mods, customizations, etc other than only /me, /do and install mods for everything, now, we can actually have it. 

I remember when we used to put a description of our characters in /ame, now we can really customize it however we want, along with a lot of things. I have a damn good feeling about it and can't wait to make it happen.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, malarkeyy said:

Old dudes returning. That'll shape the past in the image of the present; gives you those nostalgic vibes while you play, you know? 

+1 to this. I expect there'll be loads of old returning players soon. The nostalgia is real, and I'm so here for it. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

Too be fair, I am rather into motorcycle club scene, so the better graphics, sounds and if the vests will be publicly visible will be amazing regarding this niche of roleplay. So, I believe these would be the main reasons.

Of course, the map is big with a lot of posibility for roleplay.

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

Looking forward to seeing where the community takes off. Honestly, I have good vibes about the community and look forward to seeing what there is to come with due time. However, I am looking forward to seeing what the LEO side has to offer here. In all fairness though, the one thing which I am looking forward to the most is making fun memories with people and enjoying the various roleplaying scenarios that I will find myself in.