Los Santos County Probation Department

JJDAOPP

This is too niche too be a whole separate LEO faction. At this point I agree that LSSD is more then enough to handle it.

The Government consists of multiple departments that have nothing to do with each other, but we understand that there's completely no point of even trying to separate them into different factions. 

• Love 1

qgv23wo.png

10 hours ago, JJDAOPP said:

Well, "should be" only stands for so much. SD doesn't handle probation, they aren't allowed that responsibility in real life as far as I know.. And we're trying to portray Los Angeles, California.

Didn't you say in your last post about wanting to create a faction that we're not California?

5 hours ago, Brasi said:

Deja Vu. But anyways. April 1st came early, again.

this isn’t going to happen. It seems like you keep making threads simply to try to run another and third law enforcement faction of some sort in the community and quiet frankly it isn’t needed. Join one of the existing ones.

3 hours ago, melt city said:

Just join PD/SD/DOJ.

They're in PD

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

Us portraying Los Angeles doesn't mean things can always be a 1:1 resemblance, it's just impossible and complicated (with the no. 1 proof being IRL bureaucracy).

Erm.. So the issue with the Constables was it was unrealistic 😂. So it doesn’t have to be a 1:1 resemblance? This is a more realistic approach aside from that, and a few people just referred me to that.

5 hours ago, Tseard1 said:

It seems to me that your goal is to lead an law enforcement agency by all the suggestions and the posts that you have made.

Can you explain to me what the difference between probation and parole? What are you going to do on a day to day basis? How would a checkup on a parolee/probationer take place?

With respect, what you've written is something that anyone can just write up with minimal research. I don't really see this as a serious suggestion by the fact that it's so little. You explain your background, then the faction's minimal background, then lay out basic information about what you will do and then some conclusion. Faction's don't get stumped out from the ground by a simple 500 word topic and I highly doubt you are going to convince anyone in this community without having a proper plan. 

Negatce. That isn’t MY goal. I’m bringing up an idea that anyone here can take over to be fair. 

And why should everything be explained? All of the research conducted will go into the faction’s thread, bot a general discussion’s section.

Parole versus Probation was defined in the top, I put it there. 

I doubt convincing here is the issue, everyone is just bound to say it’s not needed until down the line people want to expand. To be honest, a number of things aren’t needed, but that does not mean it can not be implemented. 

If you have any concerns or questions toward the research I conducted. Contact me via dm?

1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

SD already does that or plans to do that since they merged with DCR. 

But that isn’t the most realistic approach, at all. SD can handle Custody Operations as much as they choose. Only because SD is technically Custody Assistants in real life and they have no SADCR faction.

Also, incase you didn’t know SADCR would technically handle Boiling Broke. SD would handle Twin Towers, so that isn’t as realistic either.

As listed above, SD can continue handling Boiling Broke, allow for Probation Department to handle the probation, parole, and so on side of things.

20 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Didn't you say in your last post about wanting to create a faction that we're not California?

That’s why this idea was brought to play. Everyone complained of it not being realistic & portraying of LA.. Here is one that exists.

4 minutes ago, JJDAOPP said:

But that isn’t the most realistic approach, at all. SD can handle Custody Operations as much as they choose. Only because SD is technically Custody Assistants in real life and they have no SADCR faction.

Also, incase you didn’t know SADCR would technically handle Boiling Broke. SD would handle Twin Towers, so that isn’t as realistic either.

As listed above, SD can continue handling Boiling Broke, allow for Probation Department to handle the probation, parole, and so on side of things.

I'd rather they do it despite it being unrealistic over having a whole new LEO faction centered solely around this very small piece of the community. It just isn't needed in any way or form. 

Also, it's actually not even that unrealistic. SD can just NPC that the probation dept. exists somewhere in the background. http://pars.lasd.org/Viewer/Manuals/13233/Content/14325 LASD has probation/parole compliance teams.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

8 minutes ago, JJDAOPP said:

Negatce. That isn’t MY goal. I’m bringing up an idea that anyone here can take over to be fair. 

And why should everything be explained? All of the research conducted will go into the faction’s thread, bot a general discussion’s section.

Parole versus Probation was defined in the top, I put it there. 

I doubt convincing here is the issue, everyone is just bound to say it’s not needed until down the line people want to expand. To be honest, a number of things aren’t needed, but that does not mean it can not be implemented. 

If you have any concerns or questions toward the research I conducted. Contact me via dm?

Because I want to get an understanding in how versed you are in this topic, hence why I asked my questions that you avoided. I'd still like an answer to these questions, otherwise I doubt you'll be capable to lead such an organization.

The reason why it should be explained is because you are making a suggestion for a faction. I am not sure if you have ever been in a position of setting up a faction or bureau, but you don't just put down a simple summary and then think you'll be convincing enough. 

10 hours ago, LordSpyx said:

DCR has merged to be under the LSSD faction. They are responsible for the prison system, as laid out in their forums. This is the realistic approach. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department oversees the correctional facility that the in-game one is being based upon. You might only be basing things off of Texas, but legal factions for LSRP are based upon their California counterparts, seeing as if the base game of GTA V is located in a fictional California.

This is in real life? Los Angeles County Probation Department. 

LASD in real life ONLY handles Custody Assistance at Twin Towers Correctional Facility. CDCR is an agency that would handle “Boiling Broke” if you wanted to be 100% realistic.

‘The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department oversees the correctional facility that the one in-game is being based upon’. This is not true at all, Boiling Broke is a federal facility, LASD has no business there technically. And from my knowledge, isn’t Boiling Broke based off of Victorville Federal Prison? 🤔 

9 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

I don't speak for or represent any faction officially but I believe the LSSD has a parole task force already and this is unlikely to be accepted.

I believe they do as well, but if our goal is to be realistic, here’s another option. Thanks bro!

• luca locked this topic