San Andreas and California co-existing? (LSRP Lore)

xander11

San Andreas and California co-existing? (LSRP Lore)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer between these two variants?

• Los Santos is actually Los Angeles, and San Andreas replaces the state of California.
    • San Andreas is an island, co-existing with California which is a different state, and Los Santos and Los Angeles are two separate cities.

We will be adding a new wiki book called 'Lore' and add the 'San Andreas' and 'Los Santos' lore to it, so that no one will be confused as to what to roleplay. We will under no circumstances be roleplaying a bridge connecting us to the mainland. This is due to the fact that we do not have a bridge on the physical map in-game that connects us to the main land, and we will not be mapping one. Therefore, we are defined as an island. More information will come when the wiki page launches on wiki.ls-rp.com.

Of course the lead team will take the comments here into consideration when writing the lore, so feel free to post still if you have anything to say that you feel is important should be mentioned in the lore book.

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

We will be adding a new wiki book called 'Lore' and add the 'San Andreas' and 'Los Santos' lore to it, so that no one will be confused as to what to roleplay. We will under no circumstances be roleplaying a bridge connecting us to the mainland. This is due to the fact that we do not have a bridge on the physical map in-game that connects us to the main land, and we will not be mapping one. Therefore, we are defined as an island. More information will come when the wiki page launches on wiki.ls-rp.com.

Of course the lead team will take the comments here into consideration when writing the lore, so feel free to post still if you have anything to say that you feel is important should be mentioned in the lore book.

I mean you didn't really clarify anything. If per server lore the entire state is considered an island, will you guys at least acknowledge that it replaces California/Southern California. 

17 hours ago, Ben said:

In all seriousness from my previous reply, I understand that you may want to show that server management has a backbone and are confident in their decisions that they feel are right for the server, but this is not the right hill to die on.

Scroll up and look at the overwhelming support for the opposite of what you've just said. You are literally looking at killing the server before its release. As I said in one of my previous replies here, I don't understand why you are adamant with that option when you haven't roleplayed properly in years. Let the community members vote, let the faction team (who as far as I know oppose this decision) vote and come to conclusion how they want THEIR continuity on the server THEY will play on turn out.

This is not just my extreme view take on this, but I am sure 90% of the community agree with me on this take. Listen to the people who will actually play than yourself who will be tirelessly working on the server ensuring it flourishes from the backstage.

Edited by Aaron
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1
  • Love 2

I believe the vote shows an overwhelming majority choosing for the first option, it replacing California. I'm personally not sure what Ben's reply answers when it comes to what we are roleplaying, other than that we are an island. 

Without all the political talk, I'd like to just see an answer with ''we are replacing California'' or ''we are not replacing California''. 

• Lead Admin
Just now, Tseard1 said:

I believe the vote shows an overwhelming majority choosing for the first option, it replacing California. I'm personally not sure what Ben's reply answers when it comes to what we are roleplaying, other than that we are an island. 

Without all the political talk, I'd like to just see an answer with ''we are replacing California'' or ''we are not replacing California''. 

Yeah from my understanding, the confirmation is that it's an island (though I understand many people don't seem to be massively fond of that idea from reading back). The answer on replacement of California or not isn't clear yet - perhaps it's not been decided yet? 

Sal

20 hours ago, Ben said:

Agregaremos un nuevo libro wiki llamado 'Tradición' y le agregaremos la tradición de 'San Andreas' y 'Los Santos', para que nadie se confunda sobre qué interpretar. Bajo ninguna circunstancia representaremos un puente que nos conecta con el continente. Esto se debe al hecho de que no tenemos un puente en el mapa físico del juego que nos conecte con la tierra firme, y no vamos a mapear uno. Por lo tanto, nos definen como una isla. Habrá más información cuando se lance la página wiki en wiki.ls-rp.com .

Por supuesto, el equipo líder tendrá en cuenta los comentarios aquí al escribir la historia, así que siéntase libre de publicar si tiene algo que decir que considere importante que deba mencionarse en el libro de historia.

thanks

What seems to be misunderstood is that this isn’t a new concept. For example, illegal factions on SA-MP were roleplaying off-map prisons. Legal factions were roleplaying off-map facilities and stations. These don’t exist in game, but its unrealistic and extremely shallow to roleplay being a seven mile long island inhabited by hundreds of people in what is meant to give off the illusion of a sprawling metropolis. Roleplay standards have changed dramatically and this argument simply doesn’t hold up anymore.

The mindset that “if it doesn’t exist in game, it can’t be RPed” is outdated, invalid and essentially goes against everything that most people have roleplayed in the past few years. It makes no sense that one of the biggest population centers in the country wouldn’t have any bridges linking it to the mainland. 

Edited by CloutToken

i'm both amazed and baffled that this argument didn't die in 2016.

i'll reiterate, most of us will not be roleplaying San Andreas as an island. I really do not see why this has come up. What is even the benefit of it? Who wants this?

this isn't even a murky "everyone has their own opinion" issue like many of the things that need a ruling are. There's literally numbers right there. A more than 10:1 ratio of people who do not support this.

and on top of all that, this looks like we're starting off before the server has even launched with an unpopular ruling, in which the views of the community are not being considered. This is a terrible precedent to be starting with.

Edited by largehazard
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1

• Nature locked this topic