Quiz Difficulty

playbizzle

4 hours ago, Bluman said:

I find this extremely hard to believe. Multiple questions make use of terms exclusive to roleplaying or LSRP's own robbery rules and she knew what they all were?

I found it incredibly easy, getting every question correct, however I think you're exaggerating a little bit or just lying

Obviously he is lying, roleplayers dont have girlfriends...

seriously though you hit the nail on the head, how does she know what level you have to be to rob/scam, how many deputies need to be on to start an inmate on inmate fight etc etc. There are questions you cant possibly know without having looked at the rules at least once.

• Clap 1

I think for some it will obviously be quite easy. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing either. If you can do the quiz easily and get into the server, then you have answered 35 questions (or whatever the threshold is) right. All of the questions aren't super in-depth but they aren't obvious either. It is a good balance to get players to read the rules of the community for a reference point and it will force people to go through each section of the rules if they cannot get in. If someone gets through by sheer luck, they will be dealt with if/when they break the rules in the server.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:40 PM, Knobi said:

Obviously he is lying, roleplayers dont have girlfriends...

seriously though you hit the nail on the head, how does she know what level you have to be to rob/scam, how many deputies need to be on to start an inmate on inmate fight etc etc. There are questions you cant possibly know without having looked at the rules at least once.

She assumed 5 to scam which is a 1/4 guess, correct. And for the inmate thing, her reasoning was and I quote, "if you two are fighting one on one then there has to be as many guards as fighters." If you really think that you can't get through the quiz which only asks for two specific "LSRP" rules, then you're gladly mistaken.

Edited by playbizzle

who cares if inexperienced players join the server? the whole lsrp being a safe haven for cracked rpers is what partly ran it into the ground in the first place. i mean i distinctly remember some of the most renowned factions helping out noobs by putting them on the right path. ec, pec1 and even some of the LCNs (which many people looked up to) let noobs develop through interactions with their factions

and id say the majority of DM stems from disgruntled and bored players, rather than inexperienced ones. filtering them out through an application process is next 2 impossible so we should just let staff do their thing and punish anyone who runs around breaking the immersion. erring on the side of caution isnt always the best move. iirc back in the day we (as testers) were told that the application and quiz process is less about culling noobs and more about removing bad actors - players who ban evade, have a history of rule breaking and want to intentionally ruin the experience of others

Edited by yekim
  • Thumbs 6

28 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Is there a cooldown after failing the quiz? I've no clue cause I passed the first time. If there isn't, perhaps you could add 30 minute cooldown before each try to ensure that the players actually go and read the rules. 

No, as soon as you failed you can retake the test. (speaking from experience 👀)

On 2/20/2022 at 8:49 AM, Tseard1 said:

No, as soon as you failed you can retake the test. (speaking from experience 👀)

Im pretty sure there's a five minute cooldown. I passed off rip, but I know many others who've struggled. All in all, I've been getting mixed reactions to the difficulty. If the administration team wants to keep the application basic, yet take conclusive action against trolls, and whatnot, it'll be fine.

Edited by playbizzle

18 hours ago, ShokeR said:

What the issue to welcome new roleplayers into the server? the text based RP community is already at decline compared to years ago, why drive away players instead of teaching them and help grow the community even more.

You're gladly mistaken if you think text-based RP has declined over the years, it's actually blown up a considerable amount. The application isn't supposed to be a deterrent from keeping out new and unexperienced players, yet syphons through those who don't have any roleplay knowledge or just are trolls. As stated above, you can be completely new to roleplay and still manage to get a character accepted here. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does drive concerns that the roleplay quality/standard won't be held as high as the former server was. Regardless, whatever system you put here, those people will get in one way or another. Brace yourself for impact because on launch I'm envisioning a multitude of ban hammers, I'm assuming Davis is going to be overrun with people who don't know how to roleplay, don't care for roleplay, and just wanna have fun.

I'm confident in the staff team to handle all these people and I don't roleplay in Davis, so this won't change anything for me and my play style, but it may affect others who are actively trying to portray a 1:1 socal street gang.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, iTwinkey said:

can someone tell me what is wrong with this quiz? it's says I didn't pass even with 33 correct ones. All time quiz not pass with 33 quiz answered.. Jesus.

There's nothing wrong with the quiz. Read the rules and then re-take the exam once you're confident you have an understanding of them.

• Jerome locked this topic