What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

• 1 month later...

You don't need a lot of players to roleplay or develop your character. Though you need others because there's only so much of developing you can do alone :]] Back in "tha day" there was a lot of interesting roleplay happening on the server - unique characters and factions. I remember LS-RP SAMP covid peak (700 players, full server), but even then roleplay quality was not that great comparing to what it was years ago. Player count is not the golden ticket. A lot depends on factions and quality of roleplay players create. The events are great don't get me wrong but what gets me going (and others I guess) is the developing of your character and achieving goals you want to achieve (motivation to play and grind?). You can't expect people to grind when there's no reward. Having 50 players does not motivate me to stay in game for hours. I miss factions you needed to up your game to be associated with (not just joining a discord) - there was roleplay going. And you didn't need to know anyone on Discord. I remember the madness back in the day... Getting shot? Getting robbed? Or just being a witness of something crazy? No one taking aesthetic screenshots? Yeah.

Also... I get that having fun in-game can get people going but do you really want to "have fun"? "Going IG and having fun" is not a solution here. Though I think the player base will be going up with time if the management does not give up on LS-RP and keep up the God's work!

Peace ✌️

• Clap 1
  • OK 1
  • Strong 1

4 minutes ago, domcexd said:

You don't need a lot of players to roleplay or develop your character. Though you need others because there's only so much of developing you can do alone :]] Back in "tha day" there was a lot of interesting roleplay happening on the server - unique characters and factions. I remember LS-RP SAMP covid peak (700 players, full server), but even then roleplay quality was not that great comparing to what it was years ago. Player count is not the golden ticket. A lot depends on factions and quality of roleplay players create. The events are great don't get me wrong but what gets me going (and others I guess) is the developing of your character and achieving goals you want to achieve (motivation to play and grind?). You can't expect people to grind when there's no reward. Having 50 players does not motivate me to stay in game for hours. I miss factions you needed to up your game to be associated with (not just joining a discord) - there was roleplay going. And you didn't need to know anyone on Discord. I remember the madness back in the day... Getting shot? Getting robbed? Or just being a witness of something crazy? No one taking aesthetic screenshots? Yeah.

Also... I get that having fun in-game can get people going but do you really want to "have fun"? "Going IG and having fun" is not a solution here. Though I think the player base will be going up with time if the management does not give up on LS-RP and keep up the God's work!

Peace ✌️

Well said homie.

• OK 1

• Lead Developer
12 hours ago, domcexd said:

Peace ✌️

I agree with the whole shift to taking screenshots and turning it into like a movie of your character. I had the most fun when character showcases weren't a thing and people weren't doing silly /me lines for the sake of screenshots

• OK 1
  • Strong 1

4 hours ago, ImperiumXVII said:

I agree with the whole shift to taking screenshots and turning it into like a movie of your character. I had the most fun when character showcases weren't a thing and people weren't doing silly /me lines for the sake of screenshots

The screenshoting mindset is a lot of the problem. The screenshoting roleplay is very limited. It's a new wave, trend or what ever you want to call this. Older people that does have the experience is not playing anymore and the new ones are not interested to play here. The no screenshot days are over. We have what we have and there's no need to reminisce over the old days. If the players want to take screenshots - they should.

Also I see people on Discord making fun of the player count... People like to pretend they care but they do not. You think people would care if there was 500 players playing? People would still be unhappy and find holes to poke at.

I guess what I'm trying to say that LSRP is doing a great job keeping this up and there are smart people behind this. Don't stress about the player base. 🙂

Edited by imu_pertrauka
  • Clap 1
  • Strong 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:09 PM, imu_pertrauka said:

The screenshoting mindset is a lot of the problem. The screenshoting roleplay is very limited. It's a new wave, trend or what ever you want to call this. Older people that does have the experience is not playing anymore and the new ones are not interested to play here. The no screenshot days are over. We have what we have and there's no need to reminisce over the old days. If the players want to take screenshots - they should.

Also I see people on Discord making fun of the player count... People like to pretend they care but they do not. You think people would care if there was 500 players playing? People would still be unhappy and find holes to poke at.

I guess what I'm trying to say that LSRP is doing a great job keeping this up and there are smart people behind this. Don't stress about the player base. 🙂

what are u even saying lol it was a requirement to post screenshots on most faction threads as far back as 2012 

1 hour ago, trashstar said:

what are u even saying lol it was a requirement to post screenshots on most faction threads as far back as 2012 

I'm saying this bro - people shifting from roleplaying in-game to making it on forums. I'm not saying screenshots are bad and there wasn't any back then. LS-RP has less of this problem though people doing it for the looks is a thing. I'm not some expert roleplayer or a screenshot pro. Forums was less of a thing back then. The narrative was way more sophisticated. And player count would not solve any of the problems I'm talking about. All I'm saying is having 700 players is great but having 20 something gangs roleplaying the same concept of power and flooding the forums with irrelevant screenshots is not a fix all solution. Having people on the server would be great don't get me wrong. I haven't made a scientific research but there's nothing special about having a big player count at the cost of quality. Finding a right balance would do it for me.

Feel free to change my mind ✌️

Edited by imu_pertrauka

• Senior Lead Admin

The screenshot situation on V is/was so much better than SA-MP in all honesty. It used to be pretty bad, to the point the collective activity of (official) factions was below average, but screenshots were up. A lot of it was scripted & people literally just logged in to get “screens.” It’s a pretty neat way to showcase your roleplay, IMO. I think it’s cool to explore avenues that people wouldn’t regularly RP through screenshots. 

• OK 1

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

On 3/30/2024 at 4:50 PM, ezosk said:

Today I finally got to logging in

I couldnt do TAB to see How many were online

So I tried /PM 0 and It was me

FYI, "P" is the player list 

• OK 1

• 2 weeks later...