What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

• Management

We do need to look at ways to bring some players back, it's a vicious circle. Illegal factions aren't logging in, which is resulting in PD/SD not logging on and then companies aren't logging on as there's nobody coming to their properties which is not great.

We need to look at ways to encourage people to come back, and try and expand as much as possible.

What's missing from the illegal scene and what would you all improve within that area script wise.

• Bigsmoke 1

Give illegal players the incentive to sell drugs, weapons, get in faction wars - even senseless ones (on a street gang level). Make sure they won't be punished for this or have to put in immense amounts of work so that they can obtain basic supplies to perform illegal actions (weapons, drugs, turf) - by going a bit softer on the application formats and, while not necessarily lowering the standards; but simply making it easier to get into situations with people on the whole spectrum of roleplay.

Law enforcement roleplay is as solid as it can be, even though there are some inactivity concerns; I'm sure this will be resolved once illegal roleplayers start actively partaking in server activities, whether that be In Game or on the Forums (since we all know; if the amount of people chatting shit on Discord actually decided to hop In Game, we'd be breaking PB records).

There are many venues of roleplay that should be promoted and supported. @Deceive has been doing an excellent job with the Events Team and has been going out of his way to contribute all the necessary efforts to give players more reason to log In Game, so I have to give credit where credit is due. We need to realize that this server can only be run if the people want a server to roleplay on. People shouldn't be shying away from joining the server because they've already got assets on other roleplay servers and can't bother to start "all over again" on this server - which is why we should be rewarding players on the whole spectrum of roleplay with the tools necessary to carry out roleplay.

Business leases should be more accessible and less strict on the managing part; at some point I'm sure we've all hopped In Game at least once, roamed around when there's a "solid" amount of players online and were not able to find anyone In Game; and have thought to yourself "God, I wish there was an open business where people could just come and I'd know where to find people to roleplay with". As far as I'm concerned (this is a stretch, I admit) - literally just have a motivated member reach out to the upper administration team and have them set a spawn point and a default interior at a certain location and have them lead it as a business.

The interiors and businesses don't need to be mind-blowing or anything special, as far as I'm concerned it can be "Joe's Bar" in the middle of Downtown Los Santos and have people of all backgrounds roam that area (sort of like a renowned mixture of Verona Mall and Idlestacks), and then when people feel like playing; they at least know where to go if they want immediate roleplay. We all complained about mallrats and idlerats, but, I would be more than happy to have the opportunity to interact with those and wish they'd return, so that we could maximize the amount of players online.

Make ricers a thing. Vehicle modifications should be promoted way more and people should be given the freelance opportunity to pop modifications on their vehicles without the need of a mechanic through a similar thing as the scenario scheme, where you could roleplay a certain task (such as purchasing and installing new rims), and then be able to forward your roleplay to a certain team that would then review the roleplay at hand and grant you the necessary modifications if they deem the roleplay to be fit. This would help promote people researching and finding out how certain things they want done actually work and it is a useful feature for real life situations as well. (Keep in mind, I used vehicle modifications as an example here - this can vary from small weed plants, to cooking meth, and whatever other thing your character would be able to carry out on any level of roleplay).

In order to fully execute the aforementioned idea, scenario schemes should NOT be restricted to factions. Regular solo roleplayers or any faction member at any given time would be able to submit their roleplay logs to a certain team which would then review and grant the player the item/modification they spent time roleplaying/researching on. We need more freedom and less admin intervention in many of the current present tasks on the server. 

Make robbing houses a command and have many of these rentable properties actually become purchasable properties that you would pay tax for (replacing the weekly rent idea) and create the option of purchasing different levels of house alarms so that law enforcement would be notified and be able to intervene. 

Make it so that you cannot /v park vehicles and they disappear into thin air, but instead they'd be parked wherever you last left them - and this would promote people leaving their illegal supplies within houses, sheds, garages - which would in turn promote burglary roleplayers - which would in turn promote a motivated circle where law enforcement would also be able to intervene if the roleplay carried out wasn't careful enough. 

There are so many ideas to go off in order to promote player interaction and I'm sure the development team can take a deeper look into what I said and if they're in interested in anything that I mentioned earlier, they can reach out to me personally and I can create a suggestions thread where I would elaborate in much more detail and put a poll up. There needs to be a high risk high reward system implemented that doesn't involve admin intervention. 

Enjoy my little rant, tl;dr - Make LS-RP great again. Thank you. 

Edited by livid
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 7

• Management
2 hours ago, livid said:

Give illegal players the incentive to sell drugs, weapons, get in faction wars - even senseless ones (on a street gang level). Make sure they won't be punished for this or have to put in immense amounts of work so that they can obtain basic supplies to perform illegal actions (weapons, drugs, turf) - by going a bit softer on the application formats and, while not necessarily lowering the standards; but simply making it easier to get into situations with people on the whole spectrum of roleplay.

Law enforcement roleplay is as solid as it can be, even though there are some inactivity concerns; I'm sure this will be resolved once illegal roleplayers start actively partaking in server activities, whether that be In Game or on the Forums (since we all know; if the amount of people chatting shit on Discord actually decided to hop In Game, we'd be breaking PB records).

There are many venues of roleplay that should be promoted and supported. @Deceive has been doing an excellent job with the Events Team and has been going out of his way to contribute all the necessary efforts to give players more reason to log In Game, so I have to give credit where credit is due. We need to realize that this server can only be run if the people want a server to roleplay on. People shouldn't be shying away from joining the server because they've already got assets on other roleplay servers and can't bother to start "all over again" on this server - which is why we should be rewarding players on the whole spectrum of roleplay with the tools necessary to carry out roleplay.

Business leases should be more accessible and less strict on the managing part; at some point I'm sure we've all hopped In Game at least once, roamed around when there's a "solid" amount of players online and were not able to find anyone In Game; and have thought to yourself "God, I wish there was an open business where people could just come and I'd know where to find people to roleplay with". As far as I'm concerned (this is a stretch, I admit) - literally just have a motivated member reach out to the upper administration team and have them set a spawn point and a default interior at a certain location and have them lead it as a business.

The interiors and businesses don't need to be mind-blowing or anything special, as far as I'm concerned it can be "Joe's Bar" in the middle of Downtown Los Santos and have people of all backgrounds roam that area (sort of like a renowned mixture of Verona Mall and Idlestacks), and then when people feel like playing; they at least know where to go if they want immediate roleplay. We all complained about mallrats and idlerats, but, I would be more than happy to have the opportunity to interact with those and wish they'd return, so that we could maximize the amount of players online.

Make ricers a thing. Vehicle modifications should be promoted way more and people should be given the freelance opportunity to pop modifications on their vehicles without the need of a mechanic through a similar thing as the solo scheme, where you could roleplay a certain task (such as purchasing and installing new rims), and then be able to forward your roleplay to a certain team that would then review the roleplay at hand and grant you the necessary modifications if they deem the roleplay to be fit. This would help promote people researching and finding out how certain things they want done actually work and it is a useful feature for real life situations as well. (Keep in mind, I used vehicle modifications as an example here - this can vary from small weed plants, to cooking meth, and whatever other thing your character would be able to carry out on any level of roleplay).

In order to fully execute the aforementioned idea, solo schemes should NOT be restricted to factions. Regular solo roleplayers or any faction member at any given time would be able to submit their roleplay logs to a certain team which would then review and grant the player the item/modification they spent time roleplaying/researching on. We need more freedom and less admin intervention in many of the current present tasks on the server. 

Make robbing houses a command and have many of these rentable properties actually become purchasable properties that you would pay tax for (replacing the weekly rent idea) and create the option of purchasing different levels of house alarms so that law enforcement would be notified and be able to intervene. 

Make it so that you cannot /v park vehicles and they disappear into thin air, but instead they'd be parked wherever you last left them - and this would promote people leaving their illegal supplies within houses, sheds, garages - which would in turn promote burglary roleplayers - which would in turn promote a motivated circle where law enforcement would also be able to intervene if the roleplay carried out wasn't careful enough. 

There are so many ideas to go off in order to promote player interaction and I'm sure the development team can take a deeper look into what I said and if they're in interested in anything that I mentioned earlier, they can reach out to me personally and I can create a suggestions thread where I would elaborate in much more detail and put a poll up. There needs to be a high risk high reward system implemented that doesn't involve admin intervention. 

Hey mate, thank you for this will take this on board and divert them to the relevant areas - any other people? Illegal scene needs work definitely, what can we do?

• Thumbs 1

I would personally like to see some love go into civilian and illegal. We have a drug scheme that is inactive due to no effects of the drugs.

I would personally like to see an in-game tutorial. This was a main feature in LSRP and was very useful leaving new players not feeling helpless or overwhelmed. A tutorial would be useful.

More civilian jobs.

/startshift to be revised - company owners are putting in the effort for 0 return?

A script to support business for example selling coffee and tea, we don't have a script for these but with new rules and implementation from the company team, company leaders are expected to sell something that is not physically there scripts-wise.

The implementation/removal of funds/support from admins is to only be adjusted when developers have implemented if the script supports them. Not to implement and remove things before we have a script - this is demotivating. I feel sometimes we take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. instead of sitting back and thinking.

Premium to be revised - Make it so it is worth buying. Give some features/rewards for the premium. They are sat there with no meaning or reward - it is not worth buying.

@Dos Santos

• OK 2

4 hours ago, livid said:

Make ricers a thing. Vehicle modifications should be promoted way more and people should be given the freelance opportunity to pop modifications on their vehicles without the need of a mechanic through a similar thing as the solo scheme, where you could roleplay a certain task (such as purchasing and installing new rims), and then be able to forward your roleplay to a certain team that would then review the roleplay at hand and grant you the necessary modifications if they deem the roleplay to be fit. This would help promote people researching and finding out how certain things they want done actually work and it is a useful feature for real life situations as well. (Keep in mind, I used vehicle modifications as an example here - this can vary from small weed plants, to cooking meth, and whatever other thing your character would be able to carry out on any level of roleplay).

In order to fully execute the aforementioned idea, solo schemes should NOT be restricted to factions. Regular solo roleplayers or any faction member at any given time would be able to submit their roleplay logs to a certain team which would then review and grant the player the item/modification they spent time roleplaying/researching on. We need more freedom and less admin intervention in many of the current present tasks on the server. 

Well said, you explained pretty much everything that should be addressed as soon as possible.

• Love 1

I play the server but thought I’d go into what I’ve heard and witnessed myself.

(1) Clear roadmap of what we want the server to be and how we will get there. Relying off of our name from SAMP isn’t going to work.

(2) New features or opportunities for roleplay that are unique to LSRP, working with the illegal factions and IFM to address their concerns regarding guns.

(3) A roleplay center, in SAMP this was Idlewood and then the Mall. The map is simply too big for new players to find roleplay.

(4) Better jobs for newer players, incentives to put in hours. This is partly addressed by the social security check that players receive but it’s not enough for a player to even afford a car to get to their place of work.

(5) Balancing the police and criminal roleplay. Not necessarily meaning limiting police officers that can be on duty but limiting the response for common call occurrence. The entire LSPD and LSSD shouldn’t be chasing a suspect who evades from a traffic stop.

(6) Make staff more approachable, this includes monthly chats with management and an overall zero tolerance policy for staff being rude to players. Staff is here to assist.

• Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

53 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

https://community.ls-rp.com/management/ This has a general snippet on each team's jobs - what are you wanting to see more of?

The work they deliver, its cool shit that your referring to, but for example nobody has seen Roze in weeks/months or about the economy team in general.

Its either hes gone awol or the communication is so bad here that we the players dont even know what some of the staff do.

basically no communication since sal left. 

seems like we only see the devs and ingame staff do stuff.

• Management
24 minutes ago, memooh said:

The work they deliver, its cool shit that your referring to, but for example nobody has seen Roze in weeks/months or about the economy team in general.

Its either hes gone awol or the communication is so bad here that we the players dont even know what some of the staff do.

basically no communication since sal left. 

seems like we only see the devs and ingame staff do stuff.

I understand the frustration this has caused, as I can admit that since Sal has left there has been a lack of context from the communications team, I have been working alongside them to try and produce a new server trailer. @wdmcnr has been given access to TikTok and Instagram to try and push some content to the social media side of things as a marketing point of view. I know Wdmcnr has recently become busy with work, which is extremely bad timing considering he took over the role in November. We are delegating the access down to @kaibr who should be able to assist with the marketing side of things. 

Moving onto the economy side of things, we have made mistakes since the launch regarding the economy the whole vision and aim was to have a realistic economy which to be frank. Has not worked at all, and has made people refuse to log in-game. That's why we have made the decision to remove tapering and increase welfare and hopefully bring people back in-game, I know we have caused more harm than good. This should be showcased in 1.8.0 once the final bits of development are complete.

I have been fairly busy with in-real life and there's no excuse but we do have some plans to try and get things back up and running via the teams, and hopefully get some new structure in place. I've already been in discussions with Property Team, Company Team to try and merge them together to produce a team called the Commerce and Estate Team which will be implemented in time for 1.8.0 with purchasable properties script which will also, include a council. I have been in contact with the Communication Team to try and give it a bit of a revamp with a sort of council so it isn't relying on one person to push marketing, but we are going to be looking at three people to try and keep the communication side of things alive and focusing on different areas of the servers needs which will be known as the Community Engagement Team. More stuff to follow within the coming weeks.  If you do have any queries, my discord messages are always open.

• Love 1

This is going to be long, but my last comment on this thread. This one is actually constructive. But, long. Read as much or little as you'd like. The very bottom is my input as a new player the past two months on this server.

@livid said a lot of great points in their long post. I do not have comments on every point simply because I am too new and lack a lot of experience with the illegal side, and just got into a LEO faction- so I am pretty uneducated on both of those issues. I will comment on what I can, though.

9 hours ago, livid said:

I agree that Deceive has been doing a great job and every event he has planned has had a very good turnout and drawn huge numbers in the server (huge by my standards, since 10/27). I agree with your point that people should not shy away from here solely because there, but I do understand that committing to a RP community, especially as an adult, is very time consuming and sometimes straight up hard, even at just one community. I do understand that this community isn't a Pokémon universe, and we can't "collect them all" (players). We just need to find a way to make LSRP the community they choose to invest their time in, with some unique feature(s) to us.

9 hours ago, livid said:

9 hours ago, livid said:

This 1,000,000%. My first few weeks of playing, peak was sitting at about 80. There were a lot of players around, but to me, "where is everyone?". I'd peek the map and see nothing was open, and simply logout- How am I supposed to meet people ICly when there's seemingly no one around to meet? I sincerely agree with simplifying business leasing. Something like, mapping team creates a few basic interiors for default businesses (bar, restaurant, store, etc.) and people could simply walk up to a property and /blease (or whatever), essentially functioning like /rent, following the same activity standards and eviction script as well.

Additionally, I think that opening a business should be possible by pretty much any supervisor+ in a business. This way the chances of "Bildo Supermarket" opening are greater at any given time.

Players should also optionally be given the choice to remove the interior, either by command or /stats > business or whatever. Make them double-confirm and give them the option to map their property whenever they'd like. @Superb is great about handling property requests on the forums, however, I don't see why he needs to be tasked with this on everything, especially if there is / can be a way to easily revert to the previous interior of a property.

9 hours ago, livid said:

Agree with this. I personally think that if my house has a garage, I should have the option to do a lot of changes to my car myself. Rims, some cosmetic mods, even some tuning. Maybe make an engine puller to buy in /furniture that allows more tuning options at home. Make a modshop be the only place to get tint, new paint, maybe suspension and tuning (unless you own a, let's say, $7,500 engine puller at home). By tuning I mean engine upgrades, turbo, etc.

9 hours ago, livid said:

Agreed 100%, solo schemes should be much more obtainable. Drugs should not be as restricted. I am not educated enough on this topic, but I have heard of the Dark Net and don't fully understand that, either.

9 hours ago, livid said:

This would be great too. Silent alarms, too, that can be pressed if an opportunity arises while getting robbed (idea- furniture item, must be within 2m of it).

9 hours ago, livid said:

Or just remove /v park all together. Vehicles spawn where you have done /v setpark and then /v park and /v get are no longer needed. I am actually 100% on board with that. Lol this is what you literally said. Agree, my b

9 hours ago, livid said:

I am also wanting it to be known that I am open to be contacted in regards to opinions, ideas, suggestions, etc. Sometimes I do get a good idea in this empty head of mine.

-------------------------

6 hours ago, Stinkywinky said:

I would personally like to see an in-game tutorial. This was a main feature in LSRP and was very useful leaving new players not feeling helpless or overwhelmed. A tutorial would be useful.

This is past due and is needed. I would have LOVED a simple, server-provided tour when I joined just to learn the command style here. Hell, it took me 2 months to realize that /lock p was an option- I was trying /plock.

More civilian jobs.

Yes, please. The 24/7 / electronics / clothing / etc. cashier. Maybe make a "Fisherman" /mission where you get a boat to go fishing for a scripted company.

Additionally, I seen it suggested before that the waste job should be able to team up with other people and tag-team on a truck. This would be amazing. And could be applied with a potential fisherman job.

A script to support business for example selling coffee and tea, we don't have a script for these but with new rules and implementation from the company team, company leaders are expected to sell something that is not physically there scripts-wise.

This needs to be a thing in my opinion. While inside a business, an employee should be able to create an item for sale from a list generated either by the server or the business owner & approved. Or, there just needs to be more item options to put on /buy.

I like the first option because it opens the doors to anything. A camping store could exist at that point selling bugspray and zap lamps.

Premium to be revised - Make it so it is worth buying. Give some features/rewards for the premium. They are sat there with no meaning or reward - it is not worth buying.

I agree here. It needs more useful perks and also I feel as though it should be tiered (3 - 5 tiers). 

---------------------------

6 hours ago, memooh said:

I would like to know what heads of “departments” actually do.

there is barely any communication, marketing, roadmap, incentives etc etc.

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

https://community.ls-rp.com/management/ This has a general snippet on each team's jobs - what are you wanting to see more of?

I think he just means a roadmap essentially, and I agree. What current projects is modding doing? Is mapping up to anything that isn't a secret or surprise? What is gonna be included in this fat 1.8 update? The git channel on discord is awesome, I love it very much, but if you don't know what you're looking at/for it's confusing. Also does not confirm what is "coming up".

-----------------------------

4 hours ago, Kotwica said:

(1) Clear roadmap of what we want the server to be and how we will get there. Relying off of our name from SAMP isn’t going to work.

(2) New features or opportunities for roleplay that are unique to LSRP, working with the illegal factions and IFM to address their concerns regarding guns.

1-Yes, 100% this is needed.

2-I agree, we need a few great unique to us features to draw people in. Throwing guns/items seems like a good start there imho.

(3) A roleplay center, in SAMP this was Idlewood and then the Mall. The map is simply too big for new players to find roleplay.

This will be Mirror Park, as you've heard by now.

(4) Better jobs for newer players, incentives to put in hours. This is partly addressed by the social security check that players receive but it’s not enough for a player to even afford a car to get to their place of work.

100% Agree here,  not even better paying just more engaging maybe. Like, trucking delivering to businesses near players, garbage guys getting a marker next to an open business / hotspot of players, etc.

(5) Balancing the police and criminal roleplay. Not necessarily meaning limiting police officers that can be on duty but limiting the response for common call occurrence. The entire LSPD and LSSD shouldn’t be chasing a suspect who evades from a traffic stop.

This is true and I agree though haven't witnessed first hand. I can tell by having gone thru LSPD training just this last week that they are very adamant on realism from now on, and that is commendable. I liked a lot of what I was reading as I was going thru the process.

(6) Make staff more approachable, this includes monthly chats with management and an overall zero tolerance policy for staff being rude to players. Staff is here to assist.

Personally I find you guys to be very approachable. I only really ever see staff being disrespectful during "banter" where I'd assume both parties are in on it, but the overall toxicity of the server does feel very strong some days, player-to-player and not staff in this case.

-----------------------------

All in all, I obviously am still here and haven't gotten discouraged or turned away from here.. I guess that's partly due to my disdain of other places to RP at. But I do genuinely have a lot of hope for this community and its' future. Below are some raw, 2am notes I took on how to market our server & improve where I see room. Take it with a grain of salt, I am crabby 99% of the time.

Spoiler

0) Create LS-RP subreddit.

1) Post weekly threads to Reddit on LS-RP, RageMP, GTA and GTA:O subreddits.

2) Tweet once to three times weekly with small updates, current WIP’s, anything worth mentioning.

3) Either web hook it or physically post some select snippets to Instagram and Twitter.

4) Hire professional video editors to create exceptional quality introductory video(s). There are websites for people who freelance this.

5) Update the wiki. It is insanely outdated and frankly not very helpful anymore. This should be an extensive webpage with almost every detail we’d want people to know on how to get started and going on this server.

6) Post driving laws somewhere easily accessible. Hyperlink to it on the /dmv menu. People are continuously irritated by the driving exam and honestly with good reason- there’s no where (seemingly) to reference the questions.

7) Either tier or lower the cost for premium. Give it more features. This would need to be discussed as I have no current suggestions on this.

😎 When pets come to the server, I say make everyone able to own one. This will be a huge turn-on as <REDACTED> currently makes you pay monthly for either a cat or dog. I suppose we’d lose some donation money from this, but hopefully the caveat is more players = more premium members.

Edited by MAK0
  • Love 2