We have been hard at work this week finding areas of the script that we have lacked attention in and have been making some general fixes and tweaks to better improve your experience. There is not much fanfare around this update as there is no specific feature - maybe the ability to tow vehicles using a flatbed!
The changelog for today's patch is:
- Added the ability to start a conversation in your phone by using a contact's name rather than their number
- Added push to start vehicle upgrade, available at mechanics or through pdm.com
- Added the ability to see firearm serial numbers in the inventory menu
- Added the ability to tow vehicles on a flatbed or city tow truck with /attachcar
- Added /offerrepair to fix vehicles at a mechanic shop
- Added an optional service fee for mechanics to charge for labour time
- Added automatically getting up with full health if you are knocked out for 3 minutes
- Added /readplate to read a vehicle's current license plate (within 10 metres)
- Fixed an issue where you were charged for paintjobs you already had with /offerpaint
- Fixed an issue where Sadlers were too far away to load cargo onto the back
- Fixed an issue with refunded weapons not having serial numbers
- Fixed an issue where duty time would show mask names
- Fixed an issue where the price of fish would taper even if you didn't sell any
- Fixed an issue where /towcars would not work in some cases
- Fixed an issue with /setcar not updating the vehicle registry
- Fixed an issue where you could use /resetpos to escape prison
- Fixed an issue with government duty messages
- Fixed an issue with a grey button when spawning company vehicles
- Fixed an issue where you could /engine an impounded vehicle and drive off
We are planning another update within the next week, potentially with our next major feature, so keep watching #git to see what we're working on!
And now some words on the Company Cut Update.
Company Cut Update - This was an update to the in-game economy that we felt was a necessary measure to encourage players to interact with companies owned and run by other players, rather than a floating dollar sign prompting you to type /job - while I believe this is the correct direction to take, I am now also aware that the way in which it was implemented was not correct for the server. The idea was to make it more profitable to join a player's own company than to remain in the script-owned job, specifically Cypress Logistics (trucking), to encourage players to either set up their own trucking companies, or join one that offers higher profits. Whilst the intention was there, the way it happened meant that everyone lost money, whether they joined a player-owned company or not, with player-owned companies simply offering a lower loss. As a result of feedback from passionate members of the server and especially the Tester Team, we will be reverting the change and increasing the prices of Cypress Logistics by +40% to compensate for the loss of income from our change 1 week ago.
We are still looking for ways to move players towards interacting with player-run companies rather than script-run companies, but it is clear that the preferred way we do this is to offer rewards for joining a player company, rather than penalties for not. A great suggestion by one of our trucking company owners is that we increase the payouts for player-owned businesses, so those that wish to remain with Cypress Logistics will not lose any money whilst those that choose to go elsewhere for trucking employment actually get a bonus.
Further, you may have heard that we are looking at opening a prison guard faction, the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, shortly. We will be implementing, alongside this, more ways to make prison more enjoyable. We have already opened up the yard for prisoners to roleplay in, however we understand that's not enough. We will also be looking at overhauling the penal code to make prison time less of an OOC punishment and more of a tool to add to your roleplay experience. This was always an issue we had on SA-MP as well, and we are looking to try something new in the upcoming weeks!