How Can We All Do Better?

1x1

54 minutes ago, 1x1 said:

This recurring theme has lead to my personal private investigation into the staff team. The results have been as shocking as they have been mutually unsurprising. Very polar opposite thoughts from very predictable discovery. 

Let me shed some light on the following staff members contributions and their personal behaviors. 

Based on my digging. It looks like a bunch of people who are friends have found a way to monopolize the play environment. Furthermore my personal analysis comes to the conclusion a bunch of faction hoppers are in the most important roles to exist. 

Head of illegal factions DDaniels. 

Reveal hidden contents

Mitcholodolo head of illegal factions 

Reveal hidden contents

Dos Santos 

Reveal hidden contents

I would like to know why you think my post history from samp means I don’t deserve a position. (I’m not salty I just need to actually know ur thought process on this) 

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

@1x1

While it's fascinating digging up 10 year old dirt on staff members, and while they might have objectively done questionable stuff in the past, I think it's worth for you to know that Dos Santos has been directly responsible for enabling and pushing a lot of much needed things, without which the server would be at a much, much worse state. I know that's a hard sell, given the low-pop, but yeah.

You've also have to understand that, even if they done stupid shit in the past, that's the past. It's not about not making mistakes, it's about learning from them.

So, I personally don't give a shit on what kind of a "noob" a particular staff member was in 2012, I give a shit if a staff member is doing some stupid shit again, being called out on it by the community collectively, and then chosing to continue to do it. I've seen mistakes being done right now, but I've also seen them being corrected.

Critique is fine, but you also have to give credit where credit is due.

The staff is actually and at the moment extremely catering to the whims of the playerbase. There seems to be a common misconception that it is not. It is. From what I've seen, a handful of players and groups (myself included) are being vocal about a lot of stuff. Not only we are being heard, but I've personally seen a lot of things being done. Now somebody will say "yeah system is rigged scandalous has staff in his pocket"... Nah. Like I said in my first post in this thread:

I whine a lot, but a handful of people (dare I say myself included), are in-game and actually trying to do stuff.
Then there's other people that just whine.

Who do you think they'll cater to? Like @Tungsten implied - quitters will always find a reason to quit.

The point that I'm trying to make is that it's about time for community to stop pointing at the staff and start looking at itself as well.
Lots of entitlement and very little self accountability. I'm not reffering to you necessarily. Once again, I'm generalizing.

EDIT: While your research might point to the fact that certain staff members aren't experienced, qualified and quality faction leaders and therefore suggests that they should not be trusted with leading factions, that does not directly co-relate to or prove that they must subsequently also be bad administrators for a roleplaying project. Especially as grown up adults that evidently have been in the worst of trenches.

Being a member of a faction is one thing.
Leading a faction is one thing.
Leading an objectively succeseful faction is one thing.

Overseeing factions, then being able to see, determine and separate the good and the bad about all things factions from an adminsitrative perspective is another thing.

I don't need to have ran a 380 page, 4 years lasting official faction to be able to understand that a Rancho based gang spending 80% of their online time driving around the map looking for players to rob is probably not the stuff of quality. For example.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Clap 1
  • Love 1

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

I think the issue we think we have is a lack of features/schemes/opportunities, but I think we need to focus on making what we have full proof and complete. Yeah new features are good, but there’s a lot of QoL updates with what we have currently that can greatly improve the server experience in general.

Transparency is important and I believe we’ve been doing a good job with that. I think the issue is not having a clear way for people to find information that they’re looking for, or somewhere they can find a clear explanation in a certain topic, such as the effects of drugs. 

Lead Admin Mitcholodolo

Illegal Faction Team Council

YouTube | Kick

• Senior Lead Admin

• Admins should be like lifeguards or sports referees, interacting positively with players.

• Q. Some admins have been unpopular, affecting the server's health.

• Q. It seems upper management hired admins who did not meet expectations, leading to skepticism about their abilities

Just to offer some clarity on some of your points:

The leadership definitely has a collective understanding in agreement with your first point. We absolutely encourage, and actively enforce a courteous, professional & friendly approach in any situation that the admin team are involved in. Should this not be the case? You can file a staff report, and it’ll be looked into, non-subjectively.

Unsure what you mean by unpopular, if you could elucidate a little I’d be keen to share some feedback on this.

Every administrator in the team has been subject to the same onboarding process, including 1 on 1 mentorship by senior members of staff. The journey to becoming an administrator is lengthily, and heavily evaluated by the Head of Admins, and Head of Staff. 

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

4 minutes ago, Mitcholodolo said:

Transparency is important and I believe we’ve been doing a good job with that. I think the issue is not having a clear way for people to find information that they’re looking for, or somewhere they can find a clear explanation in a certain topic, such as the effects of drugs. 

I echo this.

There's a fuck ton of stuff that exists and is happening that the community as a whole has absolutely no idea is possible.
Hell, some testers/staff members even have no idea is possible.

We need to do a much better job at feature documentation.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

16 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

I echo this.

There's a fuck ton of stuff that exists and is happening that the community as a whole has absolutely no idea is possible.
Hell, some testers/staff members even have no idea is possible.

We need to do a much better job at feature documentation.

Agreed.

I know for startup stuff there's something being worked on.

And I'm told the wiki for trucking is being worked on.

3 hours ago, 1x1 said:

• Random Thoughts:

• Q. Despite features, there's enough to enjoy on the server.

•  

I find it to be ridiculous to say your past doesnt determine your current experience. What deciding factor ever got you your positions? i have a complete list of all administrators I found necessary to conduct a private investigation on. I'm sorry you guys are the leading examples but you are the most notable roles/ examples. I did not realize this topic was unlocked and can give a follow up answer to the remainder of questions shortly. I do value the professionalism of the conversation at hand. Although we need to come to a conclusion. Me doing this isnt out of spite. I'm using data to mine for answers at this point. 

Edited by 1x1

• Senior Lead Admin
17 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Agreed.

I know for startup stuff there's something being worked on.

And I'm told the wiki for trucking is being worked on.

Wiki articles are actively being worked on, and many are nearly at the point of implementation!

Head of Staff

3 hours ago, 1x1 said:

Admin Selection and Impact on Server:

• Q. Admins should be like lifeguards or sports referees, interacting positively with players.

• Agreed, but I feel that most admins online are interacting, patient and give plenty of chances for players, even if they don't behave. Although some admins haven't been online in weeks and I wonder why they are still staff if they're not playing (IRL issues to consider too)

• Q. Some admins have been unpopular, affecting the server's health.

• From my perspective I have seen a few issues with that, but nothing major to the point of affecting the server's health need more information on this to reply.

• Q. It seems upper management hired admins who did not meet expectations, leading to skepticism about their abilities.

• Having dealt with management and high LS-RP staff recently I must admit that the experience was good, but it took a lot of efforts to get my situation to be understood from my point of view to get something changed, but in the end it did get changed and management clearly showed signs of flexibility and willingness to adapt rules or rulings which is great.
  • Two-Factor Authentication and Customer Service:

• Q. The issue of players locked out due to two-factor authentication should be taken seriously.

• This is a major issue that should be a priority on the list as we need more players and shouldn't be ignored.

• Q. Consider recognizing long-term players and providing incentives.

• I think that recognizing long-term players is a good idea, maybe giving them some free premium time would be a good way to incentive them to play more and stay on the server ,or maybe some other perks that won't affect or cause jealousy to other players.

• Q. Grinding should be balanced with roleplay abilities.

• This is a very good point that I brought up multiple times, the grind on the server for new player is horrendous, the jobs are actually boring and I haven't seen a trucker, mower or garbage collector in weeks. The pay is horrible and it's just not enjoyable to do, but sadly trucking is dead and will remain dead until it become lucrative again, they feel like rpg elements and these 3 jobs don't fit with the server and feels like place-holders more than anything else. Our economy is already messed up a bit, and well we have nothing to really spend money on.

• What Makes LSRP Great:

• Q. LSRP's self-governance and player-driven nature stand out.

• Agreed, the community and player-driven nature is quite good and much much better than some other servers, but a lot of people here are also quick to point fingers at others.

• Q. The server thrived during periods of owner inactivity, relying on exceptional staff members.

• Yes and these staff members are the reason this server is still alive right now and I'm thankful for them.

• Possible Solutions:

• Q. Research archived forums for past factions, notable players, and ideal staff members.

• That's an interesting solution, and I feel like it could work but it might be hard for some players to come back if they experienced issues with staff rulings, or players, but worth a shot regardless.

• Q. Seek individuals with social networks outside LSRP to diversify the player base.

• Yes, yes and yes... This is a good idea, but the main issue is text-rp is not a very popular medium right now, especially with a strong competition. But again a good idea.

• Q. Temporarily alter rules (i.e lower the robbery level to encourage roleplay.)

• I agree with this, and also providing access to buy knives in a store would be nice, anyone can literally walk in Cabelas and buy a switchblade, and I feel like robberies with knives are much cooler, as for the level, once you're level 2 or 3 you should be able to get robbed, I don't have any issues with that. As long as robberies with rentals and bikes are prohibited as that's just a play to win attitude.

• What Can Be Repaired:

• Q. Encourage players to bring new faces to the server to combat clan warfare ideology.

• New faces are always welcomed and yes less cliques would be a good idea.

• Q. Address the decline of the Western player base and its impact on server standards.

• The western player-base is literally dead, and I don't know if it's less toxic than the European player-base but LS-RP is unplayable for someone living in the PST or MDT timezone, and even EST timezone too to some extent. About the server standards I don't know if the western players are better or worse, I'm western myself but I don't think it matters.

• Q. Promote character-driven conflicts over OOC disputes and improve combat roleplay.

• Amen to that keep IC, IC and don't go ooc, please, please this is very very important.

• Random Thoughts:

• Q. Despite features, there's enough to enjoy on the server.
  • This is actually true, we have plenty of features to create role-play, yes we don't have a billion scripts, but it's not required to enjoy quality role-play and I agree that more scripts will attract players, but people need to give the server a second chance, and we need to prove them that it's worthy by setting good standards and create an enjoyable experience for new players.
  • Q. Consider map size and exterior interactive interior design for higher player interaction.(less /enter more open world interior locations i.e binco burger shot etc )
  • I agree with this but as stated by Fiendfyre, for some players with lesser computers it might create issues and may just create issues with the server regardless, but something that needs to be done is allow 24/7's and gas stations to be workable and add more items. M

• OK 1

1 minute ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:
  • Q. Temporarily alter rules (i.e lower the robbery level to encourage roleplay.)

• I agree with this, and also providing access to buy knives in a store would be nice, anyone can literally walk in Cabelas and buy a switchblade, and I feel like robberies with knives are much cooler, as for the level, once you're level 2 or 3 you should be able to get robbed, I don't have any issues with that. As long as robberies with rentals and bikes are prohibited as that's just a play to win attitude.

Scriptwise knives aren't legal to carry in San Andreas. The length is below 4 inches to be legal.

2 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

I agree with this but as stated by Fiendfyre, for some players with lesser computers it might create issues and may just create issues with the server regardless, but something that needs to be done is allow 24/7's and gas stations to be workable and add more items.

There's at least 2 24/7s I've seen that you can walk into but can't /buy anything.

2 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Scriptwise knives aren't legal to carry in San Andreas. The length is below 4 inches to be legal.

There's at least 2 24/7s I've seen that you can walk into but can't /buy anything.

Well, 4 inches is a respectable size, but joke aside, being illegal to carry is different than being able to buy it. Maybe you need a 4 inch knife for hunting or for your job, should still be purchasable imo. You can buy it, but if you conceal the blade then it becomes illegal, but if you have it visible then it's legal?

And the clothing store is something I forgot to add, why do I have to go all around the map to see all the clothes, it's super annoying. And yes some 24/7's have 0 scripts and it's weird.

Well, 4 inches is a respectable size, but joke aside, being illegal to carry is different than being able to buy it. Maybe you need a 4 inch knife for hunting or for your job, should still be purchasable imo. You can buy it, but if you conceal the blade then it becomes illegal, but if you have it visible then it's legal?

And the clothing store is something I forgot to add, why do I have to go all around the map to see all the clothes, it's super annoying. And yes some 24/7's have 0 scripts and it's weird.

They're not legal to carry, making them able to be bought at the cornerstore wouldn't make sense.

• Management

The 24/7 issue I’ll get that resolved asap - only just been made aware of this and it shouldn’t be the case 😊

• Love 1

• Senior Lead Admin
31 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

@betonists could look into the empty 24/7’s.

• Love 1

Head of Staff

18 minutes ago, Nature said:

@betonists could look into the empty 24/7’s.

1775  is a 24/7 - comes up with the option to /buy on approach but says nothing to buy.
The other is at Clinton Ave and Power St
image.png?ex=6535efd2&is=65237ad2&hm=f00

There's also an ammunation at Biz prop 60 that has the info when you walk up but can't enter or buy anything.

• Jerome locked, unlocked and locked this topic