New RP Hub (Idlewood stack 2.0)

Cursed_King

8 hours ago, Tungsten said:

instead of a dilapidated mall, why not try to populate the city center instead? perhaps the central plaza?

If you're talking about Rockford Plaza, isn't that super close to City Hall/Courthouse/PD Admin Building etc? Would be fine for legal Rpers but not for illegal.

• Strong 1

20 hours ago, Sal said:

2. One way of doing this, as suggested, is to move some businesses closer together and perhaps remove some of the other ones. This is something Dos Santos and I have talked about before and the odds are we'll end up doing it.

This would be great provided businesses aren't forced to be moved to the new location but are allowed to open a new "franchise" in the new location. Most of the established businesses are faction based so it won't make sense for them to move out of their turf and the remaining few will end up losing their "personality" by becoming dime a dozen when clubbed together with other businesses. Another thing to consider here is, one of the major issues with the businesses is staffing, so by doing this you are also risking giving more power to the established businesses to monopolize on the server while the newer business might get crushed further as they are unable to compete when placed nearby.

19 hours ago, Cursed_King said:

It will work since it'll be appealing to new players who are looking for RP and meeting new people, same goes for Solo RPers, i agree the old RP hubs happened naturally but we had a big PB back then.

The only reason i dont agree with your claim about the Pitstop and crow's pool being a RP hubs, it is because it became a closed community and as far as i saw it's not a welcoming enviroment for new players who still haven't developed their characters, the Pitstop attracts "rich" players with sporty cars, even though i respect what @SCANDALOUZ did ICly to promote the place with his questionable ADs and events he managed to organize there.

And no no one is glorifying those places as "Premium RP", Idlewood stacks and the Mall gave us a sense of community, seeing diffrent characters from diffrent backrounds doing their business, chilling or starting shit was hella fun to watch or engange in.

Once again, i agree, factions need to be active around those areas, but it's matter of time, new factions will be created and the excisting ones will be developed.

RP hubs are never made popular by the new players, new players will be grinding to make money or raise their level so that they can carry weapons or throw /ad etc. The RP hubs are popular among characters that are decently established but belong to not-so well established factions or among solo-players (who are usually mocked by being called "mall-rats"). I disagree with Pit Stop or any business for that matter not being welcoming to new players/being closed community, the way business/company system is built, it promotes RP'rs that run these businesses to go out of their way to help make the place better for other players including new players. Also, "... attracts "rich" players with sporty cars" sounds like mall parking lot to me (one of the RP hub mentioned which is supposed to cater to the new players).

"Idlewood stacks and the Mall gave us a sense of community, seeing diffrent characters from diffrent backrounds doing their business, chilling or starting shit was hella fun to watch or engange in."

Not gonna lie, this is the first time I've seen somebody talk about mall or idlestacks positively since the server started. 

My business (The Pit Stop) has been mentioned a /lot/ in this thread, and I feel like there's some common misconceptions about it that I have to address:

1) There's only rich characters and expensive cars there.
- That's untrue at all. We have all kinds of customers and employees and they have all kinds of vehicles. We have like 6 /good/ sports cars,but like 5 of them are sub-100K. It's not like we're pulling up with Cheetahs, Turismos and Infernuses.

2) The Pit Stop is a very exclusive venue.
- That's not true at all. We're the most active /public/ business in the server. That alone negates any potential exclusivity as well. Obviously, there are people who are treated differently, but that's not to the detriment of public availability at all. I have rushed to create and open the place early into the server's life, precisely in order to give the server a hot-spot where people can meet up. I am as a matter of fact currently in talks with the company team about policies set in place that could potentially enable us to be even more active/available to the public which we are currently - for hot spot sakes.

3) The Pit Stop isn't friendly to newcomers / beginners.
- This is also untrue, because we employ and have employed several people that can be classified as the above. I have personally went out of my way to micro and macro manage them, written textwalls upon textwalls of guides and handbooks in order to help them out get used both to the script and the server as a whole. I/we have always been more than open to people, including new and learning ones, to come join the fray, especially when these people are truly willing to learn.
** The only people that we have been unfriendly towards both IC and OOC is excuses of "characters" that have visited the place for /no other reason/, but to instigate conflict so that they can have their daily dose of action/brawling/shooting. Clearly this will not be welcome from an IC perspective, and it's questionable at best from an OOC perspective when we take things like into realism and value for one's life into consideration.

To add on to the above, some of the comments here borderline imply that, while we need a hot-spot, the Pit Stop is more like the mall, and we need a hot-spot that's more like Idlestacks, and when we look at Idlestacks, that's exactly it. Excuses of "characters" visiting and instigating conflict, just so they can have their daily dose of action/brawling/shooting. To that I say - if this is the goal/purpose/desire - then we're better off without it. This is a role playing server, not a (T)DM RPG.

New players, solo players, civilian players and etc/however you want to call them - are absolutely necessary in the server. It's also absolutely necessary for us as a community and for the administration to figure out ways to cater to them and make their welcoming experience a warm one. This should definitely be a goal that I can whole heartedly get behind and even personally go out of my way to help with whatever I can. If the goal is to just "Idlestacks V2" however and all the stupid shit that comes with it - nah, we're better off without it.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • CJ 1

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

6 hours ago, Dustie said:

It will require a spawn location, that will logically lead to a place where new players meet and interact.

Is there was one default spawn point (a "hub") that has nearby access to rental cars, a bus station, train station, etc. that would be ideal. That way players don't have to choose between multiple potential start points and take a guess as to where in this massive city they will find some RP out of the gate to get their character development started. 

Just now, Tungsten said:

Is there was one default spawn point (a "hub") that has nearby access to rental cars, a bus station, train station, etc. that would be ideal. That way players don't have to choose between multiple potential start points and take a guess as to where in this massive city they will find some RP out of the gate to get their character development started. 

I don't think players should all be forced to spawn at one location until they find another spot. 

3 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

I don't think players should all be forced to spawn at one location until they find another spot. 

maybe, but imagine if the airport spawn from samp actually had bus connections to get around easily. imagine if it was a bit more central to other key RP areas - go a bit north and you'll find legal RP, go south and you'll find illegal RP. Rockford Plaza or even Weazel Plaza would be a prime spot in the middle of two "realms" of roleplay.

On 9/17/2023 at 3:28 PM, Dos Santos said:

What’s everybody’s thoughts on Mirror Park? Getting a load of businesses that are owned by the company team and can be a sort of hub for players. 

Dos Santos can you elaborate on this please. 

What sort of businesses?

What sort of players will this attract?

Overall what sort of ideas do you have? 

Do I feel this could be a great start but I was wondering what were you thinking.

Simply just put the ad centre there with clothing shops 🙂 All customizations shops there and so on. All under one roof. That will turn it into the Mall.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, Zagros said:

The idea of having a spot where new players can begin their journey in LS:RP is quite good.

We probably need a location close to the spawn that most new players choose.

With this, I find an ingame tutorial should be implemented to help new players out too. With the final part of the tutorial based around the destination where admins or players choose to have a hub

• Management

I'm mainly thinking a hub that's going to attract roleplay for factions and civilian roleplay, something along the lines of a library, there's a burgershot sorta joint that we could have up there. Clothing shop, internet cafe's etc. Mainly some NPC sort of businesses that don't require players to open it, but something that will open up roleplay for players. But there's also a few player owned companies in Mirror Park - so would definitely help to boost the roleplay around the area.

6 hours ago, Dos Santos said:

I'm mainly thinking a hub that's going to attract roleplay for factions and civilian roleplay, something along the lines of a library, there's a burgershot sorta joint that we could have up there. Clothing shop, internet cafe's etc. Mainly some NPC sort of businesses that don't require players to open it, but something that will open up roleplay for players. But there's also a few player owned companies in Mirror Park - so would definitely help to boost the roleplay around the area.

Internet cafe would be neat!