Consequences & The Feel of Playing 2 Different Gamemodes at Once

SCANDALOUZ

Ripped this from another thread:

After skimming through this thread and reading the above response, I can see some of you are really into giving people OOC timeouts as a consequence. While I understand people should be held accountable in some way for their roleplay, especially those who only go around to rob people and don't actively contribute to the roleplay scene, I don't believe locking them out of their character is the way to go. Sure, you can say this will make them make more careful decisions, but it can also disgruntle the player into leaving.

Quality over quantity is amazing, but looking at it as someone who plays on GMT-8 where there are 50 plays on by the time I get home, I feel this would lower the playerbase during a critical stage of its life. Over time and as the server grows, I believe my stance would change, however, I don't believe this is something that needs to be implemented right now. Instead, I believe that there should be less leniency toward robbery-focused or deathmatch-focused players. On top of that, I think staff should be more vigilant against these types of players.

I also want to mention how easy it is to get a gun on this server. The gun scene is extremely bloated and needs to be looked at again. I know there's been a recent system put in place to limit the amount of guns on the server, but I believe this system is still too easy and there would still be an insane amount of guns floating around. Guns need to be hard to find. They don't provide meaningful roleplay and are only a means to an end. I believe there would be far more meaningful and enjoyable roleplay if, for example, a gang was to have a brawl instead of senselessly killing each other because Tony Soprano sold them guns for one thousand dollars a pop. Adding onto this, I think that Government has done a terrible job in handling PF licenses. The server is now flooded with people who have access to guns legally, and I believe the restrictions are far too easy to meet OOCly. I know the damage has been done, but it's still insanely easy to get one which shouldn't be the case.

Don't lock a player out of their character.

Be more vigilant against robbery focused or deathmatch focused players.

Lastly, please make guns more scarce. They're not candy to be given out like it's Halloween.

• Bigsmoke 1

54 minutes ago, Beda said:

damn so many crybabies here

since everyone here is a legal rper, why dont we make a tag ig that shows above the name as "mallrat" 
and it'd be against the rules to harass/rob the mallrat

Watch your language, this a thread for civil discourse and your passive aggressiveness nor your toxicity will be allowed here.

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, Beda said:

since everyone here is a legal rper, why dont we make a tag ig that shows above the name as "mallrat" 

Ah, naturally! Because what could possibly demonstrate a commitment to immersive role-playing more than championing the esteemed "gangbanger" collective? Your unparalleled mastery of the streetwise thug persona is genuinely awe-inspiring. And might I say, your impeccable grammar and punctuation perfectly mirror the sophistication of your role-playing skills. 

4 hours ago, Beda said:

kbwJhnz.png
Look what I found what a find! Seeing you boldly admit to breaking rules while gunning down a random masked player is quite the show. Your expert display of cluelessness and rule-disregard is a real spectacle. Going forward, just think of your words as those of a certified clown.

3 hours ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

Ah, naturally! Because what could possibly demonstrate a commitment to immersive role-playing more than championing the esteemed "gangbanger" collective? Your unparalleled mastery of the streetwise thug persona is genuinely awe-inspiring. And might I say, your impeccable grammar and punctuation perfectly mirror the sophistication of your role-playing skills. 

32 minutes ago, 30PiecesOfSilver said:

kbwJhnz.png
Look what I found what a find! Seeing you boldly admit to breaking rules while gunning down a random masked player is quite the show. Your expert display of cluelessness and rule-disregard is a real spectacle. Going forward, just think of your words as those of a certified clown.

oh god bro you are so hurt its funny af u got me giggling lmfao
u even went thru my account tryna find anything bad and came up with the pettiest shit, u came up with me being nice and admitting a mistake, some shit u never do cuz u r insecure
u r the type of guy to work at a restaurant from 9-5 irl, then go home to work at a restaurant againnn in game from 6-12 lmfao

im getting attacked by karens i need help, i walked into a store full of karens... i have an update on my suggestion, we need to change the "mallrat" tag with a "karen" tag

• Lead Developer

Timeout so we can stop attacking each other personally!!

One thing I can say is that prison times are being reworked so you will never have to spend 900 minutes in prison doing nothing again. Hopefully this encourages people to not die to avoid prison - it is my opinion that IC prison should not be an OOC punishment, but should still carry some real consequences for your character.

Forcing a person to CK is not on the table as we really do not like limiting players, and especially do not want to force people to pay for a namechange. Asset removal may be, we are likely going to look at reintroducing medical bills now that we know how the economy is playing out, and will likely look into some rule for enforcing valuing your character's life outside of the existing Common Courtesy rule. I think we should be giving players more freedom and trusting them a lot more than we did on SA-MP, but there is a clear line where we need to limit that

Illegal factions complained that LSPD/LSSD were constantly in their turf forcing them to do anything inside a property. We limited the amount of police patrols through gang neighbourhoods and it's turning into a warzone. This is exactly why police presence was so high in the first place, and is why it's going to return to that.

I will be looking at ways to remove assets from players permanently in a way that is realistic. An idea I have is repossession of houses raided by police that are being used as stash houses - this will force players, at the very least, to avoid being detected by police. Another one would be repossession of cars used in felonies, more than just impounding it for 6 hours. Medical bills set by the government to help fund their budgets is another idea of mine, with the ability to increase it if lots of people are dying (more dying = more money).

Most people do not care about their character dying because they lose nothing but time from it. That will change.

We will go over this thread and potentially unlock it if we can remain civil.

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1
  • Love 6