The Government and You

Maxim

• 1 month later...

LSGOV FORUMS

Guys, just a reminder that we've got OOC pre-launch recruitment going on all the way until server launch. We're currently hiring for the following positions:

Human Resources Generalist | Personnel Department

Trainee Technician | Department of Public Works

Trainee Traffic Officer | Bureau of Parking Management*

Bus Operator Trainee | Department of Transportation

Treasurer Staff | Office of Finance

Probationary Licensing Official | Licensing Bureau

Deputy Coroner | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Forensic Pathology Fellow | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Medical Examiner | Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Assistant Director | Los Santos Port Authority

*Only for players, who have been in a LEO faction in the past.

Most of the positions accept reinstatements as well, with the exception of those which never existed in SAMP LS-RP.

qgv23wo.png

Probably something for government to handle: A construction company. Surely you'll handle business registrations and regulation, would be a good opportunity for more civilian roleplay, especially if scripted. Also a good application of a popular topic, which is numerous money sinks to keep people's wallets tame, compared to original LS-RP where people racked up infinite money. The purchaser of the property has to pay construction costs (maybe only if it's a different type of business from the previous owner or something) and your construction workers will head there and work on it for a period of time before the business can even be used in the script. Other responsibilities for them can be implemented as well if this is a scripted system, such as decay around the city like recorded damage of when cars hit signs, light poles, walls, etc. or just over time incidents such as pipe bursts or potholes, I could even script it if needed.

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

Probably something for government to handle: A construction company. Surely you'll handle business registrations and regulation, would be a good opportunity for more civilian roleplay, especially if scripted. Also a good application of a popular topic, which is numerous money sinks to keep people's wallets tame, compared to original LS-RP where people racked up infinite money. The purchaser of the property has to pay construction costs (maybe only if it's a different type of business from the previous owner or something) and your construction workers will head there and work on it for a period of time before the business can even be used in the script. Other responsibilities for them can be implemented as well if this is a scripted system, such as decay around the city like recorded damage of when cars hit signs, light poles, walls, etc. or just over time incidents such as pipe bursts or potholes, I could even script it if needed.

Having a government-owned construction company doesn't really make sense, in almost all cases the government contracts a private owned company instead and may assign an overseeing department. In this case we have the Department of Public Works, which handles day-to-day tasks as repairs, maintenance etc. on it's own with it's own Technicians and has potential to handle various administrative tasks too.

Scripted features are to be expected.

qgv23wo.png

• 4 weeks later...

More and more hate on Licensing Bureau from people who prefered to shoot at Licensing Officials instead of fucking taking five minutes on forums to register their business and pay like 3.5k. 

Yes, Maxim, there were lots of problems in the government, but I think, people who hate on it fall under the category who thought that they were  so cool they could have scared the government.  Yes, there were bad  employees as well.  I took small part in working on guides and things for the BoL when Oliver Andrews  and Angela Havish started "creating" the BoL. These leaders were trying their best to make the Licensing Bureau better place for the role-play.  We did not have good new comers, because people were not interested as most of our work was forum based.  I joined the government twice and left after reaching the SLO rank.  So, I was in the faction under different leaderships (Oliver Andrews, Angela Havish, Ross and Mactavish) and I can assure you that mistakes were done from both sides.  As for the detective part, actually Licensing Officials were some kind of "detectives" as well because of our  responsibilities and personally, I had several operations with VICE back in days and they actually used our faction to counter criminals.  Also, Bureau of Licensing was an organization that collected taxes  and they had some kind of  "financial police" duties which was managed horribly, I agree.  The licensing system was not great, but seriously, no one was limiting businesses if owners  had their activities registered.  Unfortunately, screenshots are lost as the old forum is down, but believe me that I could post here many screenshots of people acting like Al Capone, threatening licensing officials, banning them from the entry just because they were asked to register their premises, lol.  Oh and when you locked their place because of it, they were whining and blaming BoL for ruining the role-play.  Imagine gang members requesting to shut down LSPD, because they don't like being caught while committing a murder.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

Are courts falling under GOV?

Yes.

4 hours ago, dzgapaan said:

More and more hate on Licensing Bureau from people who prefered to shoot at Licensing Officials instead of fucking taking five minutes on forums to register their business and pay like 3.5k. 

Yes, Maxim, there were lots of problems in the government, but I think, people who hate on it fall under the category who thought that they were  so cool they could have scared the government.  Yes, there were bad  employees as well.  I took small part in working on guides and things for the BoL when Oliver Andrews  and Angela Havish started "creating" the BoL. These leaders were trying their best to make the Licensing Bureau better place for the role-play.  We did not have good new comers, because people were not interested as most of our work was forum based.  I joined the government twice and left after reaching the SLO rank.  So, I was in the faction under different leaderships (Oliver Andrews, Angela Havish, Ross and Mactavish) and I can assure you that mistakes were done from both sides.  As for the detective part, actually Licensing Officials were some kind of "detectives" as well because of our  responsibilities and personally, I had several operations with VICE back in days and they actually used our faction to counter criminals.  Also, Bureau of Licensing was an organization that collected taxes  and they had some kind of  "financial police" duties which was managed horribly, I agree.  The licensing system was not great, but seriously, no one was limiting businesses if owners  had their activities registered.  Unfortunately, screenshots are lost as the old forum is down, but believe me that I could post here many screenshots of people acting like Al Capone, threatening licensing officials, banning them from the entry just because they were asked to register their premises, lol.  Oh and when you locked their place because of it, they were whining and blaming BoL for ruining the role-play.  Imagine gang members requesting to shut down LSPD, because they don't like being caught while committing a murder.

We hope to make licenses as a whole a friendlier interaction and reduce the amount of tedious work it used to take, which is why they'll be conducted in-game. I know the bureau had its good times, but a lot of people have somewhat of a bitter memory of it which we hope to change by making the bureau more approachable, serious and fun.

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

31 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

When are we going to see a penal code come out?

Penal code is being completely rewritten by @kendrick and I. Criminal code has been completed, we're now writing & reviewing the vehicle code. Everything should be finalized in a bit and it'll be posted before the month is over.

• Love 1

2012 - 2024

10 hours ago, Kane said:

Penal code is being completely rewritten by @kendrick and I. Criminal code has been completed, we're now writing & reviewing the vehicle code. Everything should be finalized in a bit and it'll be posted before the month is over.

I look forward to seeing it. 

Is there going to be a Senate to add/change laws IC as time goes on? 

10 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

I look forward to seeing it. 

Is there going to be a Senate to add/change laws IC as time goes on? 

No plans for that at this time and honestly I'm not a whole fan of the law additions and changes being IC

2012 - 2024

1 hour ago, Kane said:

No plans for that at this time and honestly I'm not a whole fan of the law additions and changes being IC

What's the issue with the additions and changes being done IC? It's definitely more immersive than them suddenly being added by management OOC. Not having an IC avenue for law changes gives no power to players to change anything IC. I can't think of any times where adding/changing was negative on SAMP. There's checks and balances to prevent anything silly from being passed without oversight IC/OOC.

Additional questions - 1) are you guys writing the state constitution as well? 2) Are there going to be set parts of the US Constitution used, like before? 3) Are there going to be any supreme court cases allowed to be used on the server? We had a set list on SAMP and they came in handy 

• Thumbs 1