First Impressions

Mmartin

2 hours ago, PlayerX said:

I disagree. There are more or less 4 weeks in a month. I think 4 hours per month would work well.

4 hours a month is no different than 5 hours a month. You should be able to play 5 hours in a 30 day period. That's like the bare minimum. 

Initial impressions:

• Overall UI looks really clean
  • The phone functionality is really good
    • The text messaging features are very impressive
    • The banking app is very good
    • Haven't used it fully yet but the car configurator thing looks really good too
  • Money seems quite hard to come by, probably intentional and could be better off long term
    • Considering rental properties are quite cheap and car financing is available, this doesn't seem like such a big deal
  • Little bugs / places where some polishing is needed but other than that issue-free for the most part

iUGoLrB.png

My initial thoughts:

If you were initially releasing over a year ago... then took a year to finish systems, why are we in the state that we are?  Clothing is incomplete, I can't use hats or accessories.  No radar or ALPR for LEO factions.  The mowing feels like I'm in a development server with the red boxes, there has to be another way to do that.  The DMV test feels like I'm in tron.  There were good ideas, poor execution.  

Now on the good side, I love the UI.  It's simple and clean.  The phone is great, other than texts bugging out sometimes.

Overall, I'm happy to be here and I'll continue to play the server.  I enjoy my time spent on the server, I just wish we were farther alone and more polished after having seen a "delayed" opening last year when it feels more like you just started last year and lied to everyone.

• Thumbs 1

I like it so far!

However, I recommend introducing a wider range of missions to keep players engaged and provide more diverse gameplay experiences. Additionally, enhancing the options for character customization, such as additional hairstyles and clothing mods, will allow players to personalize their skins to a greater extent. These improvements will contribute to a more immersive and enjoyable gaming experience for everyone.

Consider implementing a tiered system for job payouts, where the more experienced and skilled players are rewarded with higher incomes. This would encourage players to invest time and effort into developing their characters and skills, providing a sense of progression within the economy.

See you all next week!

Mani Productions                                                                                                                                                                     Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 1 
Los Santos Publishing                                                                                                                                                               Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 2

Really excited to get my faction on here, but most were a little turned away and moved to other communities post-delay. However, I'm hoping as the server continues to grow up and build its name that they make a return.

I'm pretty happy with how things are moving. Updates are coming in, bugs are getting squashed. I've missed the community here immensely, so I'm excited to be back. I'm excited for features to keep funneling in over time. So far, for only a couple days in, I'm happy to be here and I'm excited for how things are going. 

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

Economy is way too hard core. Will pretty much have to make playing LS-RP your fulltime job to be able to afford a vehicle or house. 

• Thumbs 1

yAL89G6.png

TRAFFIC SERGEANT • CASSANDRA MAXWELL 

LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT 

TRAFFIC DIVISION

First impressions are hard for me considering I’ve been waiting a long time for the server release like many others here.

Although the server is mostly playable with some teething issues causing people to crash randomly (multiple players crashing at random spots on the map). I struggle to understand how the server was so delayed yet we are still in this position where a lot of work remains unfinished.

I hope these issues are fixed in a timely manner and the server becomes playable for everyone se we can see more and more people in game.

• Thumbs 2

I think the written test for the Drivers license is good to have. There appeared to be like two questions and answers that didn't really seem legit at all, and I have my license IRL. One of the answers was like "its good to drive slower than traffic" or something absurd, which definitely isn't what we're taught irl. I was taught that you always drive the speed limit unless weather conditions are bad. Driving too slow can cause just as much of a accident than going fast, yet the test put that as a good answer. 

I think script jobs could be better. Lawn Care job seemed fine in both payment and time. I think you guys could add more script jobs to where its more player interactive and rp friendly. For example, why are truckers forklift certified? Break the two into two different jobs. Someone could be forklifting the stuff onto peoples vehicles, and truckers just delivers. It'd be cool to see atleast one feminine scripted job too. It's bad enough being seen grinding for money because it just feels embarrassing, but being seen as a female doing some masculine ass job such as trucking, or fishing, or garbage, or just something that doesn't fit my character what so ever simply because no one has money right now to give RP jobs atm. Not saying females can't do those jobs neither, it just most of the time you're not gonna see pretty little females slinging trashbags on the back of a garbage truck. I said as half a joke and half seriousness I thought it'd be cool to see like a diner dash mini game script as like a waitress to get money as a female. Could serve food to "NPCs" or whatever. Coming from LSRP from samp... and having the exact same job choices script wise a decade later is kinda disappointing. I wanna see creative script jobs, maybe some that are more player interclined so that it could cause some RP between players, more teamwork involved or something. I even said to my friend garbage sounds fun doing as a team, and he said you couldnt even do garbage together as they do IRL. I get that it's a heavy RP server and the point is to RP, but that doesn't mean that we can't have fun still. Adding fun little mini games and skill checks to script jobs, and even having more diverse script jobs could be fun, and if done right it could be given the opportunity to actually RP with others.

Biggest complaints are things I'm sure you're working towards already such as makeup, more hairstyles, more modded content like clothing.

This is a personal preference too but I kinda wish that the taxi service wasnt taxi... its 2023, who the hell is taking taxi's in cities these days? Its always uber, the cool ass app you guys designed in game is perfect for uber over taxi. I wanted to try doing the taxi job but I got really demotivated to try it because of the thought of no one calling for taxi when car rentals are only 30 dollars an hour and the fare for traveling a small distance is way higher. I would have this job that no one has a need for, and I wouldn't get paid a dime sitting waiting for non existent customers, and I would be stuck with the job for like three hours because I can't leavejob right away if it doesnt work out. I'm not even too sure why there is a timer on leaving a job and getting another one. I still lose all the progress and benefits if I do leave.

Edited by Blyat

spacer.png

On 6/11/2023 at 2:04 PM, PlayerX said:

I have one more suggestion, that also relates to the point I made earlier about the expectations set on the player.

Activity requirements for properties should not be so high as 4 hours per 7 days. That's insanely high. I suggest 2 hours every 14 days. People have lives outside of LS-RP. They shouldn't have to login to play just to keep their properties and lifestyle up. But on the other hand, there is a point which you can say the property needs to be put back on the market and made available again. That's why I suggest 2 hours every 14 days. It's in the sweet spot where people who are active can keep their properties, but people who aren't won't be hoarding it keeping it from someone who is active.

I agree with @PlayerX here, 4 hours per 7 days is too much personally, a player could get sick irl and unable to login, etc. It should be maybe 4hours per 14 days maximum, 2 hours every 14 days is fine in my opinion as well. There's a new financing system anyway that'll remove it from the players that don't play enough anyway to be able to afford it. The changes of inactivity per so many hours per week being lowered is okay and I think this is a necessary change to be fair with financing terms and real life terms of inactivity, players now have 2 things to worry about compared to LSRP SAMP. - Wealth/Weekly Payments & Inactivity, let's not stress players out too much. 

And apparently driver-licenses only last one month and then you have to redo the test again? Should be much longer then that. 

So far that's my only complaints, oh and the pink colors in /vehiclecolors and many other colors need to be adjusted heavily, make sure ID 135 gets adjusted, hot pink! Mandatory. 🥰

Otherwise I'm enjoying the server and I believe it's going into the right direction. 

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

What are people thoughts on the Company system?

Reading into it, the system seems very good, and the thought behind it has obviously been a lot. However I think it may need fine tuned or rethought a little.

I'm currently running into a problem where my factions Company application was denied. Meaning from what I can tell, we cant even apply for a business / property for the next 4 weeks.

I enjoy the thought behind having companies, and I think that the script behind it is great. But I think maybe the having the company as an overall umbrella to everything else can be a little restricting if you don't get accepted for a company.

As far as i can tell, and I may be wrong, its going to be at least 4 weeks until my faction can have a property they can hang out at and a way to bring RP to the faction and server.

What are your thoughts on this system vs the systems used on other servers?

How are you finding running a business?

Overall enjoying the server!

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1

Posted this on the wrong thread.

I think it has a lot of potential.

My suggestions:

Keep people interested, this is one of the biggest things. Listen to your community.

Listen, listen, listen to the illegal RP side of things - they deserve it.

Iron out the bugs! (I know you guys are working on it!)

And lastly, reflect an economy where people can come to this community from other communities and feel like they aren't starving over too much

Be unique!

==============

I enjoyed it at release, all my peers did too and I really didn't hear anything negative. People see the potential, just have to live up to it!

21 21 21