New RP Hub (Idlewood stack 2.0)

Cursed_King

Against this idea. We don't need another spot for roleplayers to hang out at and have shootouts 24/7 led by their trollish behavior, that's what Pizza stacks was known for. Let people catch interactions in-game at open businesses, events. There are enough opportunities, you just need to look for them. A lot of businesses are hiring, opportunities are open when you actually look for them instead of going to a spot like back in the days on lsrp and just do nothing.

3 hours ago, WildWest said:

Against this idea. We don't need another spot for roleplayers to hang out at and have shootouts 24/7 led by their trollish behavior, that's what Pizza stacks was known for. Let people catch interactions in-game at open businesses, events. There are enough opportunities, you just need to look for them. A lot of businesses are hiring, opportunities are open when you actually look for them instead of going to a spot like back in the days on lsrp and just do nothing.

If theres open businesses no wonder people will go, I totally agree.

But if there's not any businesses or events open? For example, right now? I am from another timezone. 

31 minutes ago, Tudounaozi said:

If theres open businesses no wonder people will go, I totally agree.

But if there's not any businesses or events open? For example, right now? I am from another timezone. 

This playerbase creates even more interactions with people. If you know one, you will eventually know two. That's how it works. There are posts of upcoming events happening in the discord. You can also check ads channel and get notified when a business is open. If you really show the interest in getting interacted with people, you eventually will. Start developing your character and you will meet people. There shouldn't be a spot that you could spawn next to to interact with people, I think the worst spot back in the days on LSRP was the Idlewood Stacks. You would rarely find high standards over there, most of the time people used to go there to provoke each other, fight or just cause bullshit. It was a joke back then, and we don't need anything like it in this server. Anyone who actually shows interest into developing their characters knows for a fact we don't need a spot like that. If admins manage to build something where you could really hang out with and interact as a civilian, without getting shot every five to ten minutes or beaten up, go for it. But I doubt admins have the time and dedication for something like it as of now. There are a lot of more important stuff that needs to be added to the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Davis mega mall would be the perfect place if we looking for an Idlestack vibe/idea. It's a good idea to get the davis area some RP as most of the RP in LSRP at the moment is up in vinewood leaving all of the neighborhoods dry with zero RP and it's really needed seeing as illegal RP is usually the life of a server. Forming such a thing in mirror park in my opinion won't really help as it would jus force RP up the map even more further away from the rest of the neighborhoods that are already empty.

• Love 1

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

2 hours ago, MikeDawg said:

Davis mega mall would be the perfect place if we looking for an Idlestack vibe/idea. It's a good idea to get the davis area some RP as most of the RP in LSRP at the moment is up in vinewood leaving all of the neighborhoods dry with zero RP and it's really needed seeing as illegal RP is usually the life of a server. Forming such a thing in mirror park in my opinion won't really help as it would jus force RP up the map even more further away from the rest of the neighborhoods that are already empty.

I'm going to support Mike in making a crucial point. To reemphasize, the current role playing scenarios primarily take place in Vinewood, which poses challenges for those interested in role playing as low-level street gangs. While using the mega mall as an "RP hub" is a great concept, I believe the area could benefit from some enhancements and modifications. These might include creating an interior for the mall, allowing people to engage in role- play activities like dining, grocery shopping, and buying clothing (and before someone mentions it, yes you can do all this elsewhere but the goal is to centralize the whole lot). Additionally, adding some external furniture would contribute to the overall role play.

Edited by Helius
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, MikeDawg said:

This exactly what I have had in mind, it gives street gangs customers, and new player chance to feel the life in streets.

Now everyone wants to RP the upper class and they already established their hub in Vinewood in the pitstop and clubs.

Let's make Davis great again.

• Strong 1

6 hours ago, MikeDawg said:

There's already interiors completed or near completion in mirror park for this. I wouldn't mind seeing mo. e at Davis area, but the mall would need mapping and a reduction in rental cars. 

There was recently a laundry mat open in the area, maybe keeping it open as a passive RP place could help. I'm also working on the forum drive church (but I also have several other ongoing projects so if someone wants to continue it lmk).

Maybe the community center could get done as well, and maybe a server owned but player ran game room somewhere around strawberry & Carson? Just spitballing ideas

Having two areas of focus isn't a bad idea. Personally, I think Mirror Park would be best since there isn't such an association with crime unlike Davis. However, Davis would provide a good location because of how open it is. It can also provide some new players who are interested in gang roleplay to interact with people around the neighborhood.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, I did a bit of an experiment. 

I mapped my active business outdoors and started doing outdoor openings. I know that having an official hangout spot can have a different result (better or worse) but for anybody who's working on it, here's my experience;

• More new players joined to play than when they had to /enter
  • Number of times I had shootouts inside my business before this was 0. However, I faced shootouts every other day after this.
  • Number of times people tried steal cars, despite the opening being outdoors went up
  • Gradually, a good chunk of people who would visit my business (the players with higher levels) started showing up less or showed up when no new players are around (Not blaming anybody, just stating my observation)

Overall, while it improved the "quantity", it degraded the "quality". 

Edited by a_sliceoflife
Corrected statement
  • Thumbs 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do suggest and really would agree on having the "Mega Mall" as RP hub where everyone can hangout here, also there is a lot of space where you can add objects around. Also it can be created a huge interior with a look of a mall with shops inside and such that.

• Strong 1

Spoiler

2.thumb.png.10c6deb3f3e927d5f7f95fde842bcbb3.png

Tester

Ashley McKinley - LSGOV