Archive

JJDAOPP

No. A third LEO faction that doesn't even exist in California right now is really unnecessary.

The argument that we are Los Santos and not Los Angeles is invalid, because we are replacing California and Los Angeles. That's why all our legal stuff, factions, the penal code, etcetera, is based on California.

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 2

17 minutes ago, Duckling said:

No. A third LEO faction that doesn't even exist in California right now is really unnecessary.

The argument that we are Los Santos and not Los Angeles is invalid, because we are replacing California and Los Angeles. That's why all our legal stuff, factions, the penal code, etcetera, is based on California.

Said perfectly.

I highly doubt this is something that the server needs or wants. We've all l seen what happened on W with a certain faction that tried to form themselves into a State Police. 

My advise to you right now would to be to either apply for the LSPD or the LSSD, both are recruiting at this moment. 

Nice idea but another GTA V RageMP roleplay server suffered from this exact issue of having 20 different LEO factions who varied in quality. I don’t think a third one is necessary at the moment when the server hasn’t even launched!

I like your inspiration but this is the wrong direction to point it towards.

There are two law enforcement agencies and there is a government faction that is trying to spread into a wide structure with many roleplay opportunities, as well as a Fire Department that needs to thrive and be more lively than the one we have seen on SAMP. I think that LSPD, LSSD, GOV and LSFD should be in a very good standing before this server should need an other official faction.

An other thing that was also mentioned above is the fact that we portray a Los Angeles setting in the state of California. All your reference material is from Texas, not to include the vehicle fleet which would not be normally justified in a simple departmental budget. I did some digging on my own and there was at some point a "Los Angeles County's Constable" office but that was a very long time ago and it was succeeded by the LASD, which is portrayed by the LSSD.

• OK 1

I truly understood your explanation about Constables and its functions but I also don't see a reason to put it practise. The more we create LEO factions the more we're going to have all these guys pilled inside neighborhoods with 'high crime rate' because even if you guys have a good intention, we all know most of the people playing in LEO's factions wants and likes to interact with illegal factions and not only stay around doing 'soft jobs' and in my opinion that will fuck up the roleplay for illegal factions, especially gangs.

I think the effort and the people you would reunite for this would be way better applied inside an already existing faction like PD/SD. It would be way better to have for example, a PD force with a lot of members strategically distributed along the map than 4-5 LEO's factions fighting with each other due to jurisdiction.

2 hours ago, RGelfuso said:

The time and resources spent in setting up a whole new LEO faction would be better put into the existing two departments. And surely there are divisions within the PD and SD that deal with most of the tasks that have been listed in your original post?

Negative. So PD & SD would only do so much toward civilization. The Constables are legitimately Civil Officers, they offer a variety of things toward the people & community compared to PD and SD. So my thoughts upon his whole thing is, SD & PD would focus on main roads (Strawberry Avenue, Vespucci Boulevard, Carson Avenue, and whatever other main road there is), while Constables are more subject to the less populated areas.

If a school opens up on V eventually, there is going to be the need for University or High School Campus Police. Constables can be contracted & taken upon this position, as LSPD & LSSD would never end up handling such a thing.

Constables are Civil Officers, they handle civilianized things such as eviction, warrants, temporary restraining orders, subpoenas,  and other civilianized things. So PD & SD are great factions but they would not handle more civilian based duties, they usually don’t tend to neighborhood patrols, sitting outside of a business establishment, and speed enforcement in residential neighborhoods & school areas.

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts!

2 hours ago, Chester Campbell said:

I like your inspiration but this is the wrong direction to point it towards.

There are two law enforcement agencies and there is a government faction that is trying to spread into a wide structure with many roleplay opportunities, as well as a Fire Department that needs to thrive and be more lively than the one we have seen on SAMP. I think that LSPD, LSSD, GOV and LSFD should be in a very good standing before this server should need an other official faction.

An other thing that was also mentioned above is the fact that we portray a Los Angeles setting in the state of California. All your reference material is from Texas, not to include the vehicle fleet which would not be normally justified in a simple departmental budget. I did some digging on my own and there was at some point a "Los Angeles County's Constable" office but that was a very long time ago and it was succeeded by the LASD, which is portrayed by the LSSD.

Yep, thanks for this. I totally agree, these main factions need & should be settled before anything else. Yep and there was constables which had gone extinct if you’d say and LASD/LSSD was created.

But personally I feel as if due to this being Los Santos & us not having to follow the 100% real life protocols & so on, a Constables faction would not be bad, and yes Texas is known U.S Country Wide for Constables so most of my material cane from there. But California and Texas shares some of the same things, Texas is like a 2nd motherland to California. 

But overall I understand where your coming from, but in my judgment we are portraying Los Angeles but not to the T.. So with that being stated we don’t have to go about having EVERYTHING 100% Los Angeles based implemented.

Not to mention, Constables would be able to be applied for at the ages of 18 and above. This gives a better chance for the younger youth to have a change in direction of role-play (in-character) as PD & SD requires you to be the ages of 21 and older if I’m not mistaken.

Lets say my idea was implemented & I ended up leading the Los Santos County Constables, we’d have a different structuring, protocol, and procedure compared to both factions. We’d strictly focus on “neighborhood watch,” business & property stationary observation, assisting SD with bailiff duties, school area enforcement, residential area enforcement & so on. We’d have a different way & plan of going of things. PD & SD would be our main hotline during events we are in. We don’t have a SEB or SWAT team to assist with barricaded suspects, that’d be a Mutual Aid thing. We don’t have Airships for pursuits, that’d be a Mutual Aid thing. We’d highly depend on both factions as a whole, and that’s what makes the roleplay different and this idea more bright. We’re just the lower-water downed version of SD, except mainly focusing on civil matters.

Thank you for your response.

6 hours ago, Duckling said:

Yep, I understand where you’re coming from. But to be fair, not everything our Legal Factions do & portray are top-tier LAPD and LASD. Even our Fire Department.

Everything is somewhat based on Los Angeles, I mean it’s Los Angeles but a lore version of it on GTA V. But, that still doesn’t mean it still can’t be implemented. Our goal is to realistically portray Los Angeles, yes, but thst doesn’t mean we cannot variate between that. Having this faction wouldn’t be totally unrealistic, our duties are the same but we’d work around that due to LSPD and LSSD existing already.

5 hours ago, Tseard1 said:

I highly doubt this is something that the server needs or wants. We've all l seen what happened on W with a certain faction that tried to form themselves into a State Police. 

My advise to you right now would to be to either apply for the LSPD or the LSSD, both are recruiting at this moment. 

Understood. Some may want and other’s may not. And honestly, these other servers sometimes fail to have great authentic leadership. LS-RP:V isn’t a bootleg community & never has been. With the leadership & administration we have? A faction like such is bound to be successful & great. We won’t allow corruption or anything like that, it’d be a change of environment & normal habitat. This is basically the Law Enforcement version of Gruppe 6, except we do not install equipment, nor check houses, and things in that nature; we’d serve peace officer duties and civil matters.

I currently am already in LSPD, I love the faction, along with it’s leadership. But that doesn’t make me want to stop striving for these Constables to be implemented and created, it would create some fire role-play for people in general. Jurisdiction arguments are real, even in California. And also with that, SD & PD oversees us, we don’t hold the highest power. 

State Police, Highway Patrol, and Constables are two different things. Constables are much more community based & civilianized. Same duties, different regiments.

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

Nice idea but another GTA V RageMP roleplay server suffered from this exact issue of having 20 different LEO factions who varied in quality. I don’t think a third one is necessary at the moment when the server hasn’t even launched!

Yep currently this faction is unnecessary. But me bringing the idea and my thoughts up doesn’t mean it has to be implemented now or ever, honestly. I feel this idea would benefit the community & cause a change in scenery, every server features the same basic departments & never had a Constables faction. A Constables faction would definitely bring some different scenery to the table.

And yes, other servers do fail. But here there are no more than 5, 6, or 7 legal factions (including the possibility of this). It won’t fail as the server features great leadership, and agreements would be established within GOV and OOC’ly between departments. 

It won’t fail the game if this is implemented, I’ll promise that. This is a nice idea in my opinion, and you all will have to see it in action to truly understand.

I admire your enthusiasm in suggesting and supporting your idea

You say ''We’d strictly focus on “neighborhood watch,” business & property stationary observation, assisting SD with bailiff duties, school area enforcement, residential area enforcement & so on.'' which is something that both the LSPD and the LSSD already do or can do themselves. Having a third LEO agency ''support'' them in their duties is only going to cause conflicts in terms of policies and procedures that are different. Sometimes having to deal with one other agency is already hard as it is, let alone two. 

Mentioning that your faction would be the Gruppe 6 of the LEO's is kinda turning me off, I'm not sure if that is a good selling point. 

You depend on both the agencies which in my opinion, a faction never should. A faction should be a standalone faction and can run independently.

I stick with my previous post, if we want a third LEO, we should choose from one that fits the lore and the area better, when the time is right.

Lastly, this ''It won’t fail the game if this is implemented, I’ll promise that. This is a nice idea in my opinion, and you all will have to see it in action to truly understand.'' has been said a ton of times in previous communities when suggesting a similar idea. I remember a certain faction that started off like this but currently only has about 20 members and serves no real purpose.

Edited by Tseard1

There's a myriad of unique LEA concepts such as California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Highway Patrol and if you're feeling fancy there's the District Attorney's Bureau of Investigation.

Edit. You could discuss with the Port Authority to fund the Port Police.

Edited by melt city

1 hour ago, JJDAOPP said:

Thank you! Why’d you say no?

Personally speaking, I don't really like the idea of having constables, you mentioned that your concept was origianlly based off Texas, we're mirroring San Andreas from it's real life counterpart; California. I do think it's not what the server needs at the moment as it hasn't even established a proper playerbase with enough activity to actually maintain the Department. It might look good in paper, but when you put it into action there's a lot of stuff you'll have to do which makes things 10x harder when the server can focus on other stuff development / community wise.

It's a good idea, but it's not what the server needs at the moment.

• JJDAOPP changed the title to Archive
  • luca locked this topic