What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

2 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I don't blame them - unless they're just parroting what they've heard from devs/others more involved. Of course they'd be very reluctant to switch back to SAMP after putting so much effort into this script + considering how much worse coding a samp server is. However, the "absolutely never" replies without room for discussion I find to be quite stupid, no offense intended. Sure, you'd basically throw away years of work and go back to a much worse scripting experience but the real question here is who cares about this amazing server and script with shiny features if no one wants to play here? An amazing developer experience and great graphics with an empty server.

I value graphics and realism in video games and I do think GTA 5 does some things better (like the furniture system, for example) but other things are completely unnecessary for an RP server, or actually hurt the RP. I don't think advertising will do anything for us - people are expecting GTA 6 and games which bring a lot, I highly doubt we'll get any people to be like "Oh, actually I'll set MW2 and Fortnite aside and start studying the theory of heavy text based role-playing to hopefully be admitted on an empty server". At this point it's like creating a brand new cryptocurrency which no one wants to use.

Just as a note, I'm not throwing hate around. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here. I want us to do better but we have to be objective. Simply ignoring the massive issue which is an empty server and just going forward with staff updates and features is a waste of everyone's time in my opinion. The number one priority should be bringing players (back), not a new X system and promoting and demoting Y people into whatever positions. None of that matters if the community is empty.

Learn from Romania Roleplay, they were the biggest RP community in Romania back on SAMP and had a very very similar fate on V. They migrated because it was the next big thing, script wasn't ready so it kept being delayed, launched barebones, went from 250ish players at launch to a constant 100, 50, a few months later in the 20s, then down to 10 and they closed it to bring back a brand new server ready to play. That was June 2022 if I remember correctly. The project is dead. They tried to use their SAMP fame, failed, and now they're nowhere. LSRP is in a very similar situation - amazing on SAMP, migrated to V because it was the thing to do, delayed, launched with a barebones script but good momentum, questionable decisions, less and less players. It's just that our momentum was bigger and we're not at the "dead project" state yet but if nothing changes, people won't come back. They won't see update 591.4 and be like "actually". After all, the only thing that's absolutely necessary on any RP server is the community itself. Management, scripts, teams, factions, none of those matter if you have 10 players online. A low player count will drive a lower one, not a higher one. It's not too late to salvage this. And no, it will most likely not be on V. As we both said it and everyone is aware, in order to feel the 300 players RCRP has on SAMP we'd need at least 2000-3000 players online at a time. No V server has ever gotten there, not even the other one which appeals to way more people (because of the RPG stuff).

Only thing I don't agree with here is not advertising the server. I think encouraging people to post on youtube would be the right move.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Mladjoo said:

Only thing I don't agree with here is not advertising the server. I think encouraging people to post on youtube would be the right move.

That's not what I meant - I think youtube videos are the best (and only) way to advertise such a server. I absolutely loved and still do love watching RP videos regardless of the server and there has been a major lack of them. If there's one way to bring the server back, and I honestly think this would be the only way, is to get 4-5 people (at least) to post videos regularly (1-2 times a week and a live stream or so).

What I'm against is the traditional form of advertising that they were circulating on the other server - TikTok, paid ads, marketing agencies, some even suggested real-life billboards. These will only cost money and do nothing except make us cringe - look at the text based RP ads on TikTok, they're stupid - either some super unrealistic trailer that looks nothing like the server (then people complain about the randos brought over by a "be whoever you want" action-packed trailer) or 10 minutes of standing around and typing in silence. If you mean youtube videos, I'm all for it.

5 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

That's not what I meant - I think youtube videos are the best (and only) way to advertise such a server. I absolutely loved and still do love watching RP videos regardless of the server and there has been a major lack of them. If there's one way to bring the server back, and I honestly think this would be the only way, is to get 4-5 people (at least) to post videos regularly (1-2 times a week and a live stream or so).

What I'm against is the traditional form of advertising that they were circulating on the other server - TikTok, paid ads, marketing agencies, some even suggested real-life billboards. These will only cost money and do nothing except make us cringe - look at the text based RP ads on TikTok, they're stupid - either some super unrealistic trailer that looks nothing like the server (then people complain about the randos brought over by a "be whoever you want" action-packed trailer) or 10 minutes of standing around and typing in silence. If you mean youtube videos, I'm all for it.

Yeah, I do. I watch old RP videos as well, they're incredibly entertaining and I think a lot of people came to LSRP from them.

And if sa-mp lsrp was to ever come back I'd definitely make a video or two just to put lsrp out there. As far as the GTAV server goes, I think it's past the point of that doing anything sadly, plus it'd be much harder to get into random situations on the GTA V map.

Edited by Mladjoo

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, izumi said:

Discussing the possbility of SAMP returning unfortuantely won't go anywhere. Returning to SAMP is something that isn't possible nor would we want to take steps back to return to SAMP.

I do see your point but are we really taking steps back? Especially when RCRP has 300+ players on SAMP with minimal advertising, completely unexpected + when stepping forward for LSPR on this version means putting in a lot more effort for an empty community? Because judging by the numbers we're not going 300->150-80->20->...->1000 players, likely ever (even the other server got close because they sacrificed quality).

We've been seeing this for a long time now... "Give it time, we just opened X days/weeks/months(/years soon) ago, it'll pick back up, yet no one is really addressing the low and decreasing playerbase. We're just going on as if we're playing on a normal, stable community while people are still upset - a very low number, because the majority left and is actively leaving... while we're rolling out features, promoting people and factions and hosting events... when was the last announcement tackling this head on? None of it matters if no one is here.

17 hours ago, izumi said:

Discussing the possbility of SAMP returning unfortuantely won't go anywhere. Returning to SAMP is something that isn't possible nor would we want to take steps back to return to SAMP.

This is a personal opinion and nothing more - but that's the nail in the coffin for this community. Not saying it's your mindset that going back to SAMP would be taking steps back, because IMO it's not - but I think taking steps backwards would be continuing with GTA V.

People clear as day have showed interest in SAMP. I don't know how LSRP intends on bringing some more people to it's server but I think no matter what it does, it just won't happen. It doesn't matter how much more effort goes into V, the script, events - whatever.  Everything about GTA V is too much to strive on with a community that daily plays less than 100 people, averaging 30-50. Now would that be more possible on SAMP? 100 percent. Like stated above "On SA-MP everyone knows where the main hubs are and where to find other people" - and with clients such as Open MP coming one day (?) I think LSRP could be number 1 on SAMP again. I just can't see how people could play GTA V with 100-150 people on it, mind you most of the time I see 30-50 people on. What do you even do? 

Discussion: what is Smitty's real name? : r/spongebob

Edited by Ronnie2Polez

21 21 21

• Lead Developer
On 1/13/2024 at 2:26 PM, Ronnie2Polez said:

This is a personal opinion and nothing more - but that's the nail in the coffin for this community. Not saying it's your mindset that going back to SAMP would be taking steps back, because IMO it's not - but I think taking steps backwards would be continuing with GTA V.

People clear as day have showed interest in SAMP. I don't know how LSRP intends on bringing some more people to it's server but I think no matter what it does, it just won't happen. It doesn't matter how much more effort goes into V, the script, events - whatever.  Everything about GTA V is too much to strive on with a community that daily plays less than 100 people, averaging 30-50. Now would that be more possible on SAMP? 100 percent. Like stated above "On SA-MP everyone knows where the main hubs are and where to find other people" - and with clients such as Open MP coming one day (?) I think LSRP could be number 1 on SAMP again. I just can't see how people could play GTA V with 100-150 people on it, mind you most of the time I see 30-50 people on. What do you even do? 

Discussion: what is Smitty's real name? : r/spongebob

I'm not sure that you read the comment that was linked.

1 hour ago, ImperiumXVII said:

Here is what you said:

"I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore. 

It's not happening, ever, unfortunately. "

I find that hard to believe. That was never the excuse before you guys moved from SAMP to GTA 5. 

Edited by Ronnie2Polez

21 21 21

1 hour ago, ImperiumXVII said:

In that case why continue developing a project almost no one is showing interest in? I'm sure you (devs and staff) can see the evolution of the playerbase but unfortunately no one seems to be interested. Unless you're hiding something from us, we're not hitting a record low and bouncing up super high. More and more people are leaving, not joining. I have not been in-game for a while now but I bet you won't see many level < 3-4. If you were to take the entire daily playerbase now and remove all people with a very strong reason to be online (staff position, devs, legal and illegal faction leadership, business owners, super rich players) how many "regular" players would you be left with? That's the real playerbase, unfortunately, which is close to non-existent.

Why not start from scratch on SAMP? Get a barebones open-source gamemode (with the basic commands, factions, authentication, jobs etc.) and tweak them, then make it more LSRP and add new features instead of adding more features while the playerbase is decreasing? As @Ronnie2Polez said too though, it was the same situation until the server was closed - in 2020, for example, the server was also running a version to which other devs contributed, many of who left.

Regardless, it shouldn't matter. These devs signed up to contribute in a volunteer manner, knowing their work will be used (obviously). You can't contribute to some open source project and years later change your mind. And if you can, that means you're also entitled to a part of the money said project has generated while using your work. But you're not, because that's literally what you signed up to do (volunteer, create software to be used by others). I don't think that argument is valid, I'm sorry.

man just put this lsrp to rest, yall aint coming back.

Admins dont care about it

Players dont give a shit (minus the 10 players that actually play)

yall fucked up for many reasons, and i guarantee you ill be banned, warned, or some shit for saying this. This is is getting sad at this point nothing you do is gonna fix this rp cause the staff dont care enough, plain and simple. stop trying to beat around the bush

On 1/13/2024 at 12:24 AM, izumi said:

Well if you post the poll on the forums you're only gonna reach the players that actively play the server, not the ones who left and the community as a whole. I'd suggest a community-wide poll on discord.

Edited by Mladjoo

spacer.png

On 1/14/2024 at 5:41 PM, ImperiumXVII said:

I'm an LSRP fan since 2011, and also I'm a retard, you as head of game development, explain to me please, "I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore" (I remind you I am an idiot and I don't understand what do you mean) can you explain, why you can't come back to the server that y'all made and kept for 10+ years? How is it possible? There's bunch of clones out there already and you can't re-open OG server that was running since 2007 or w/e? 

What kills me the most is that, you have 10 players online in the most known, popular server of RP ever made, there's bunch of foreign country servers copying LSRP script style, factions that it had, inspirations and all other bs. And you can't re-open it for some reason :? How can you even be that positive when you got 10 people running around a huuuuuge ass GTA V map for months & you still tend to prove your point n keep it running. There's no chance LSRPV ever competes with GTAW, GTAW is a standart for GTA V like LSRP was for SAMP, no other servers could compete with y'all, they did not last. Same with LSRP on GTA V. It will not last, so that's why we SAMP players are urging y'all to atleast try to re-open it, put some effort into new youtube videos, maybe tiktok videos, some ads, some nostalgia videos, go through discord channels, remind people abt it. Make it blow up, make it as big as possible, 300 people hopped on RCRP with 1 month notice on just forums. Imagine what you can do if you make youtube videos, trailers of reopening and all the stuff mentioned before. Your LS samp server will have 200+ ppl always atleast for few months & it's still better than holding onto dying server. 

Maybe run 2 servers? Find someone who's experienced, give him the domain of forum.ls-rp.com etc, let him run it & work on your GTA V project aside. 

Edited by samplsrp

1 hour ago, samplsrp said:

I'm an LSRP fan since 2011, and also I'm a retard, you as head of game development, explain to me please, "I prefer SA-MP but the SA-MP LSRP script is a culmination of works by many people, works that cannot be shared without the permission of those that wrote it. As such, none of our current dev team would be able to develop it anymore" (I remind you I am an idiot and I don't understand what do you mean) can you explain, why you can't come back to the server that y'all made and kept for 10+ years? How is it possible? There's bunch of clones out there already and you can't re-open OG server that was running since 2007 or w/e? 

What kills me the most is that, you have 10 players online in the most known, popular server of RP ever made, there's bunch of foreign country servers copying LSRP script style, factions that it had, inspirations and all other bs. And you can't re-open it for some reason :? How can you even be that positive when you got 10 people running around a huuuuuge ass GTA V map for months & you still tend to prove your point n keep it running. There's no chance LSRPV ever competes with GTAW, GTAW is a standart for GTA V like LSRP was for SAMP, no other servers could compete with y'all, they did not last. Same with LSRP on GTA V. It will not last, so that's why we SAMP players are urging y'all to atleast try to re-open it, put some effort into new youtube videos, maybe tiktok videos, some ads, some nostalgia videos, go through discord channels, remind people abt it. Make it blow up, make it as big as possible, 300 people hopped on RCRP with 1 month notice on just forums. Imagine what you can do if you make youtube videos, trailers of reopening and all the stuff mentioned before. Your LS samp server will have 200+ ppl always atleast for few months & it's still better than holding onto dying server. 

Maybe run 2 servers? Find someone who's experienced, give him the domain of forum.ls-rp.com etc, let him run it & work on your GTA V project aside. 

But if we're honest with ourselves, do you really see either working out? I'm not saying this as an insult or hate but just as observation - with the current state of the server, staff and devs should be buzzing around the forums and grasping at every little bit of feedback they receive - and let's be honest, there's basically none. We have like one active forum topic with replies every other day. Yet barely any staff is here and when they do answer, and again - no hate, just observing - it's always a "can't be done" or "in the works". No one is even acknowledging the player issue. Updates are being rolled out as if we're hitting 500 online a day, staff updates are the same. Look on Discord and see when was the last time you saw anyone address the basically inexistent playerbase - it's just random events and announcing bugs and bug fixes. This should be the number 1 priority yet everyone treats it like it doesn't exist. There were a few people who used to stress about it but unsurprisingly they either left or were kicked out.

Do you think that with the current level of involvement (and 0 hype) we'll do anything on SA-MP again? Imagine the server opens tomorrow, or next week - do you think the team has the energy and motivation to actually administrate the server, to come up with brand new ideas, to put in hundreds and thousands of hours like they used to?

The only reason LS-RP was so amazing was because of a combination of active and involved staff, and passionate people. Very few actually. Management and devs rolling out updates and rulings, staff always online to help and solve issues, as well as (very important) a group of super passionate players in key positions - faction leaders and business owners. If Roux and Houston and the government guys and such weren't on LS-RP, it would've been a very different experience. I don't think we can find such involved players anymore.

• Clap 1

• Lead Developer
On 1/17/2024 at 8:22 AM, samplsrp said:

It was pretty clear what I said. The old dev team on SA-MP had to create separate scripts and send them to Kane to implement because only he could access the gamemode. If we go back to SA-MP it's going to be the same thing, and our current developer team (me included) will not be able to work on the script directly. Our database structure has also changed since moving to GTA V and the SA-MP script would need to be converted and the entire UCP remade. It's not that it isn't possible, it's that the logistics of it make it not worthwhile at all. We can't just turn it back on and away it goes. 

As for the argument of RCRP having 300 players, LSRP had 300 players for a short period of time too when we launched on GTA V. It's just hype, people checking it out, I wish RCRP success but it'll fade away. 

We are not returning to SA-MP no matter what great ideas you come up with. 

• Love 3