What would bring you back into LSRP?

JesterJr

So, this is a thread to do something more of a experiment and to see what people think about LS-RP. I can't be the only one who feels sad seeing it without as many players as it deserves to have. And I can't be the only one feeling weird that it hasn't broken through the 100 PB milestone yet. So why we don't push it there? The server is the Community, and the Community is us. With that in mind...

What holds you back from logging in?

To play this "game" type of topic, we will rule out the following reasons:

Playerbase - You can increase the playerbase just by coming online, so that's not an excuse!

Script - You know it's a new server, in the platform. The developers are constantly updating stuff and @java to be precise is doing an insane job. However, if you mention this reason, give examples of what you'd like to see more.

Management - You should post in here if you have a problem with management, but keep it civil. It's OK to have an opinion, but make it reasonable and without bashing someone specific. You should give productive feedback, otherwise you can be considered as a person who just wants to harm LS-RP as a community.

EDIT: Extra idea, the posts with more 👍, I'll be adding them as notes in the MAIN post here as "constructive ideas" for the Management of the server to someday read on and hear what the community asks for. So go ahead and interact with each other if you agree with someone else's idea & criticism.

Edited by JesterJr
  • Love 2

I have heard this mentioned before and I agree: there is no roadmap, at least not one that I have found. What are the server's goals? What scripts are we working on next? Without that in new people's faces, they may think that either A- there is no plan, or B- there's no work being done. Yes, the GIT channel in Discord is great for this, but not everyone does or knows how to read/navigate that. Clear and concise plans would help showcase the direction this server is headed, in my opinion.

• Thumbs 1

7 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

I have heard this mentioned before and I agree: there is no roadmap, at least not one that I have found. What are the server's goals? What scripts are we working on next? Without that in new people's faces, they may think that either A- there is no plan, or B- there's no work being done. Yes, the GIT channel in Discord is great for this, but not everyone does or knows how to read/navigate that. Clear and concise plans would help showcase the direction this server is headed, in my opinion.

I remember they released when the server wasn't even open yet a roadmap of what they were doing, but I do not recall indeed anything after that, but actual updates.

I think it's a "thing" that LSRP releases every Sunday new scripts & updates. They have been doing so the past months at least, which is at least something to step on.

19 hours ago, trashstar said:

when they remove at least half of the team leads that dont need to exist, simplify everything and stop doubling down on the realism

Mind elaborating a bit though? I mean, except from retiring people who we do not really have access to as players, which I understand somehow might be demotivating (although I don't see the real reason behind it as they don't affect your actual roleplay somehow).

Simplify everything as in? The economy?

Stop doubling down on realism as in? How do you see things realistic in the server when, for example, illegal factions can shoot someone just for looking at them sideways without considering any repercussions?

I'm trying to find the point behind your general statement, don't take me wrong. It's a discussion thread, after all.

Edited by JesterJr

i would love a finished trucker job, i cant use the semis or the pounder and those are the coolest trucks.

been a while now and the trucker job still is the same it was when the sv launched and my characters is a hardcoded trucker, would be really cool to rp with fuel semis and deliver petrol to gas stations or idk go to grapeseed and rp loading animals into a semi and take them to the port or sum.

rping trucker stuff with those lame tiny box trucks not that fun imo, and now i cant start the engine of the job trucks manually so i have a 25m limit to rp and go back or i lose my truck.

• Thumbs 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sebu said:

i would love a finished trucker job, i cant use the semis or the pounder and those are the coolest trucks.

been a while now and the trucker job still is the same it was when the sv launched and my characters is a hardcoded trucker, would be really cool to rp with fuel semis and deliver petrol to gas stations or idk go to grapeseed and rp loading animals into a semi and take them to the port or sum.

rping trucker stuff with those lame tiny box trucks not that fun imo, and now i cant start the engine of the job trucks manually so i have a 25m limit to rp and go back or i lose my truck.

native semi trailer sync on ragemp is basically non-existent but hopefully we'll fix it soon so semis can actually be useful. i'd love to truck with em as well and would probably make a character for it too

• Love 2

29 minutes ago, kendrick said:

native semi trailer sync on ragemp is basically non-existent but hopefully we'll fix it soon so semis can actually be useful. i'd love to truck with em as well and would probably make a character for it too

@stringer has been workin on his own little project regarding just this. seems to be coming along nicely and i imagine it'll end up on the server in the nearish future, I hope 🤞

• Thumbs 1

Honestly, I've been very satisfied with the script, features and economy lately.

Even though I've lost motivation to hop on because theres no one around, it's the same people everyday.

I feel like the server needs more transparency and communication, most of the staff are very communicative and helpful.

One last point I want to list, is the illegal side, I feel it's still suffers because LEO are overpowered.

Beside that, I appreciate what the server offers right now, and hats off to the Devs who are putting in the work to develop amazing features.

I highly encourage players to return and give LSRP another try, try something new, or get back to what they started.

And please, no OOC drama.

I think we need to hold a community meeting. Like everyone hop in discord and we start discussing some things. Not just discuss but also formulate a plan of action for any said features or tweaks that we agree upon. In truth, I believe this will take everyone. The entire comunity that we have left need to ban together and brainstorm, it seems that we all want a dope ass server to play on but were just tossing random ideas in the air and are allowing them to fall on admins and devs, without out any real plan of how it will get done, time frame it may take etc. I also believe that we need to be OPEN. Just because you may not agree with someones idea doesnt mean that; that idea isnt the one that may jump start the population increase that we all want so bad. At this point, Idc what implemented, I just want more people to RP with in all aspects. I would love to sell some drugs to some mall rats bro, I havent sold drugs to a mall rat in months. My own neck itches!!

• Strong 1
  • Love 3

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BqxaU9R.png

-+Calculated Shooter+

12 hours ago, Trceo said:

I think we need to hold a community meeting. Like everyone hop in discord and we start discussing some things. 

I've been saying this in casual conversation with friends I've made so far here. I think a monthly community meeting on discord in a voice channel would be a very, very good course of action to get this ship steering the right way. Multiple points can be shared across multiple perspectives.

I really hope to see this happen in the near future. I'll attend no matter what- I got discord on my phone and some headphones 🙂

• Clap 1