Company Team & You.

Dos Santos

• Management

Hi there,

Firstly let me introduce myself. So I'm currently running the Company Team alongside some other capable members within the staff team and hoping to make it what it is today. We have had countless suggestions since launching and each suggestion that has been presented to us we have tried to implement. 

I know a lot of you have had some doubts that there's no businesses open this sort of thing, but we're trying our best to accommodate this and the main reason for the active businesses being closed before-hand was to work out who was active and who wasn't so I could single them out and get rid of the in-active which has been done already hence the applications being open.

Before responding to the thread - if you check the Active Company Scheme and the Passive Roleplay scheme that's currently in place to help out the company owners - and employees. We would like to get some feedback, and what we can do to improve the company team overall as the community's voice is important, and we care and want to take any feedback, and try get it implemented to benefit LS-RP.

• Clap 1

I honestly don't see the point in ever closing down the ability to apply for a business lease. My suggestion is to keep it open at all time. Allow anyone to apply, but be thorough and critical in who/what you grant leases/companies to. I think it would bring so much to the server to have multiple businesses open at the same time throughout the day - of course they have to be quality businesses and ran well by the owner(s), but nonetheless, a map as big as GTA V needs a ton of open establishments for life to be brought to it. Not only nightclubs and bars during peak hours, but also gritty little restaurants, pawn shops, gyms, !gas stations!, offices for companies, etc. during non-peak hours.

By closing the option to apply for a business, you are biting into the narrative that a lot of players have voiced complaints about - the restrictions imposed on players to freely roleplay and be creative by constantly having to run through applications and OOC work. Rather keep the option to apply open but enforce that those you accept bring diversity to the server and match what is needed.

I don't know how critical you currently are of which businesses you allow to open, but I don't see a reason to be too critical of which businesses you allow during these early stages. You don't need to be a top-notch roleplayer and part of a faction to run a gas station, or a cafe, or a pawn shop, or  a gym. And if we could get more than just one for each of these, that'd be great. In the application, let the applicant fill out which timezone they're in. That way you could also get a better grasp on when primarily to expect the different businesses to be open and have more insight.

Instead I'd suggest investing efforts into ensuring those businesses you allow leases are active and making sure they are up and running shortly after granted a lease. Don't allow them two week of downtime before starting up and having their first opening. Perhaps set some strict expectations to businesses in terms of how many openings they should have, were they to be granted a lease. 

Edited by For All The Dogs

• Management
1 minute ago, For All The Dogs said:

I honestly don't see the point in ever closing down the ability to apply for a business lease. My suggestion is to keep it open at all time. Allow anyone to apply, but be thorough and critical in who/what you grant leases/companies to. I think it would bring so much to the server to have multiple businesses open at the same time throughout the day - of course they have to be quality businesses and ran well by the owner(s), but nonetheless, a map as big as GTA V needs a ton of open establishments for life to be brought to it. Not only nightclubs and bars during peak hours, but also gritty little restaurants, pawn shops, gyms, !gas stations!, offices for companies, etc. during non-peak hours.

By closing the option to apply for a business, you are biting into the narrative that a lot of players have voiced complaints about - the restrictions imposed on players to freely roleplay and be creative by constantly having to run through applications and OOC work. Rather keep the option to apply open but enforce that those you accept bring diversity to the server and match what is needed.

I don't know how critical you currently are of which businesses you allow to open, but I don't see a reason to be too critical of which businesses you allow to be leased during these early stages. You don't need to be a top-notch roleplayer and part of a faction to run a gas station, or a cafe, or a pawn shop, or even a gym. And if we could get more than just one for each of these, that'd be great.

Instead invest efforts into ensuring those businesses you allow leases are active. Perhaps set some strict expectations to businesses in terms of how many openings they should have, were they to be granted a lease. 

The main reason why I did not want to leave the businesses leasing open germanely was mainly down to the fact that I wanted to have players have the options of working for these businesses and becoming managers and employees, that's why I closed them down to try and get people to actually roleplay with businesses and getting businesses.  But I'll see what I can do about keeping them up all the time.

• OK 1

20 minutes ago, Dos Santos said:

The main reason why I did not want to leave the businesses leasing open germanely was mainly down to the fact that I wanted to have players have the options of working for these businesses and becoming managers and employees, that's why I closed them down to try and get people to actually roleplay with businesses and getting businesses.  But I'll see what I can do about keeping them up all the time.

I get that. I just think that the trade off between having several businesses open during peak-hours and non-peak hours versus limiting the amount of businesses to motivate players to seek out jobs for those that are open and in place could be re-evaluated then.

You surely know where I'm going with that - the rewards from having multiple businesses open at the early stage we're currently in is much more impactful from my pov.

EDIT:

Just going to add here, appreciate what you already are doing and have done - especially asking for feedback. That's always great to see.

I've come to understand from a previous thread that the main issue you're facing is that people are taking long to actually open their business?

Whether you take my feedback above or not, which was just solely my own 2 cents, I think you could definitely enforce some strict expectations to those you grant leases to in terms of when they should have had their first opening by and how many openings they should have per week. If they lack on it, the server is better off with their spot on the list being replaced.

Closing the business applications every now and then is good. We already have a /lot/ of businesses due to open and I honestly do not know how they will get staffed in a first place.

On topic, the company team has been nothing short of spectacular. You guys got a lot of hate-mail earlier on for businesses not being incentivized and what-not, but you took all the critique in stride and actually made moves to improve and fix all of that.

Dos Santos personally has been extremely approachable about everything and has empowered the right people to help him out with the whole thing. I love you Roze, and Sal for admin, when? 

Things are not only being done, but they are being done well /and/ hastily. Obviously comparison to other places will happen at this stage of the server, and so far you guys have been killing it on that end.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

1 hour ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Closing the business applications every now and then is good. We already have a /lot/ of businesses due to open and I honestly do not know how they will get staffed in a first place.

Just out of curiosity - where can you see how many/which businesses are due to open? I'm unable to find that anywhere except for the Business Section, which is full of businesses indeed, but not many of which call for physical establishments / leases (and those are what we need)

9 minutes ago, For All The Dogs said:

Just out of curiosity - where can you see how many/which businesses are due to open? I'm unable to find that anywhere except for the Business Section, which is full of businesses indeed, but not many of which call for physical establishments / leases (and those are what we need)

You can't, outside of the business section.

I'm looking at the company team/owners discord.

Lemme peep for you.

Current "active business" owners (so, actual venues) -- roughly 14.

Our average pop is, what, 80?

Half of which are in serious faction commitments like the LSPD.

My own business employs 4 to 6 of the online population when it's up.

City wide staff shortage inc.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Said owners might/should invite their friends to join the server and help them out with their businesses.

Edit: oh, also here

https://community.ls-rp.com/forums/forum/527-licensed-businesses/

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

14 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

You can't, outside of the business section.

I'm looking at the company team/owners discord.

Lemme peep for you.

Current "active business" owners (so, actual venues) -- roughly 14.

Our average pop is, what, 80?

Half of which are in serious faction commitments like the LSPD.

My own business employs 4 to 6 of the online population when it's up.

City wide staff shortage inc.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Said owners might/should invite their friends to join the server and help them out with their businesses.

These are definitely important factors to keep in mind when granting new business leases.

Opening more businesses, that are active and have openings, will help increase and/or at least retain our playerbase.

With above factors in mind, perhaps the focus should be aimed at granting leases to faction-"ran" businesses. That'll most likely cause less damage to the staff shortage other current businesses are facing as they'll keep staff within their own member bases. Whether it be cafés, restaurants, barber shops, nightclubs, fight clubs, gyms, etc. doesn't really matter at all- as long as we get more open businesses throughout the day at peak and off-peak. Whether that entails having 8 different restaurant businesses - imo, bring it on.

Besides faction businesses, gas stations don't necessarily require a large amount of staff and they create tons of good roleplay, especially those located in the more urban areas of the map.

EDIT: That's not to say to limit it down to just faction-ran businesses. My take on it all is there cannot be too many businesses. There's a shit ton of space to fill out on this map. Worst thing that can happen is the business happens to be or go inactive and therefore is shut down.

12 minutes ago, For All The Dogs said:

These are definitely important factors to keep in mind when granting new business leases.

Opening more businesses, that are active and have openings, will help increase and/or at least retain our playerbase.

With above factors in mind, perhaps the focus should be aimed at granting leases to faction-"ran" businesses. That'll most likely cause less damage to the staff shortage other current businesses are facing as they'll keep staff within their own member bases. Whether it be cafés, restaurants, barber shops, nightclubs, fight clubs, gyms, etc. doesn't really matter at all- as long as we get more open businesses throughout the day at peak and off-peak. Whether that entails having 8 different restaurant businesses - imo, bring it on.

Besides faction businesses, gas stations don't necessarily require a large amount of staff and they create tons of good roleplay, especially those located in the more urban areas of the map.

EDIT: That's not to say to limit it down to just faction-ran businesses. My take on it all is there cannot be too many businesses. There's a shit ton of space to fill out on this map. Worst thing that can happen is the business happens to be or go inactive and therefore is shut down.

You're right, there's a lot of space to fill out, but it takes tame. We're almost one month in and we're already experiencing a consistent in growth in terms of open activities and project where new player can get involved into.

23 minutes ago, For All The Dogs said:

While I get the reasoning, I'm heavily opposed to faction-ran businesses being a priority. Factions have enough shit to do as it is, and it's everyone else we need to worry about. Many people are already unhappy that the schemes are gatekept behind factions and individuals cannot get on board on the sole merit of their characters.

If businesses go down that route, all these individuals/general player base will be at a worse state than we found it.

Edit: Businesses are coming, just give them time to setup their licenses, interiors and all that fuss, but the map will be a lot more active soon.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

2 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

While I get the reasoning, I'm heavily opposed to faction-ran businesses being a priority. Factions have enough shit to do as it is, and it's everyone else we need to worry about. Many people are already unhappy that the schemes are gatekept behind factions and individuals cannot get on board on the sole merit of their characters.

If businesses go down that route, all these individuals/general player base will be at a worse state than we found it.

I wasn't saying to solely grant leases to faction-ran businesses. But considering that there isn't a sea of staff to pick from, I don't think it's a bad idea to encourage faction owners to open up businesses that are open and active. The average player doesn't care whether or not the restaurant/social club/bar is actually owned by an OCG in Vinewood. Nor does the avg. player care that the fight club they go to is ran by Russian criminals. Or that the pawn shop that happens to be open is ran by the Chinese mob.

My point is - faction ran businesses typically happen to be quite reliable when speaking of activity, frequent openings and especially with staff as it mainly happens to be staff from within.

2 minutes ago, For All The Dogs said:

I wasn't saying to solely grant leases to faction-ran businesses. But considering that there isn't a sea of staff to pick from, I don't think it's a bad idea to encourage faction owners to open up businesses that are open and active. The average player doesn't care whether or not the restaurant/social club/bar is actually owned by an OCG in Vinewood. Nor does the avg. player care that the fight club they go to is ran by Russian criminals. Or that the pawn shop that happens to be open is ran by the Chinese mob.

My point is - faction ran businesses typically happen to be quite reliable when speaking of activity, frequent openings and especially with staff as it mainly happens to be staff from within.

Yeah of course.

These are already a thing though, I dare say /most/ of the venues are ran by factions precisely as you described.

The interior design is being the biggest hurdle that owners are fighting right now.