Crypto & NFTs

Swank.

I've invested in some crypto trusts (GBTC, ETHE, LTCN, HZEN) but that's about it. I think cryptos have a future but it's only a matter of time before the government starts regulating them. Right now the IRS, as far as I understand, treats cryptos as property for tax purposes. 

Crazy to see how people see crypto as a one time thing, yes it's volatile I'll agree there but there's a far bigger scope. I'm not too interested into talking about just assets, coins and tokens but the technology ahead.

Cryptocurrencies engaged us with peer-2-peer interactions over the internet again, without knowing people have been introduced to Web 3.0 and this post-computing age will definitely be something to look forward too.

Yup, it's volatile in the way that it can drop hard, but that means it's equally volatile when it skyrockets hard. And it always does rebound with a hard skyrocket. Even in college they teach about crypto, it's not something made up, it's likely the future of currency, I mean even governments are recognizing it. I wouldn't mind if government starts regulating, all the idiots who just use it to make money and keep crashing the value will be done. But I have to admit, it's nice being able to sell something and not having to worry about them charging back and scamming you. But for the buyer, that means you have to make sure you have a good product before you give them the money. 

i got a couple racks on ETH, bought in around 2200. im just out here tryna make some extra bread im not too bright i dont understand the specifics behind the whole crypto operation. all i know is green candles good, red candles bad. sittin at 150% profits since buying in. holding till it surpasses $10,000. 

Edited by EYECE

23 hours ago, EYECE said:

i got a couple racks on ETH, bought in around 2200. im just out here tryna make some extra bread im not too bright i dont understand the specifics behind the whole crypto operation. all i know is green candles good, red candles bad. sittin at 150% profits since buying in. holding till it surpasses $10,000. 

green and red candles are enough for this type of investment, pretty safe imo. i can see it's price only going up once eth 2.0 is released

• 1 month later...

Mate, crypto  was the reason of 2 grey hairs poppin up on my head which always had beautiful dark brown hair.

But looking at it from start to beginning, they did change my life around. Made profits that are otherwise unheard of.

However, since the start of this year everytime I look at my crypto account it makes me cry.

Plus I started doing some futures trading and oh my god, the profits while I 'thought' I knew what I was doing were great. Then BOOM, one day logged in and was down £800 because I never noticed the alerts from my app cos I was playin TW. 800 might not sound like a lot, but when that 800 includes some of your initial investment you'll feel it lol. 

I want to get involved into NFTs but tbh I don't have a clue as to where I can read up on the NFT market to determine which ones to buy and go from there. So far in my experience it seems like certain NFTs just become really popular due to 1 person spending a ridiculous amount on one and the crowd just follows suit, lol. 

My mate bought a NFT which imo didn't really stand out or otherwise convey a certain aspect of art by the way it was designed. But he bought the 33rd one released for 300 dollars and sold it for 9k. 

Like...why or..how..I can understand profit and loss when trading crypto currencies and the driving factors that might influence the price. But NFTs...how or what causes certain ones to sell for ridiculous amounts?

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

Regarding your question, I think you should check out FBS. They've got some dope tools for tracking historical exchange rates, and I'm pretty sure you can set it up to use an accurate currency converter for your sales and payments in dollars and argentine pesos. The exchange rate can change like crazy, so it's definitely important to keep track of that. I hope this helps!

Edited by Norkuri

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely an exciting space to be in, and I totally agree with you that cryptos have a future. However, I also agree that government regulations are inevitable, especially as cryptos become more mainstream. It's interesting to note that the IRS currently treats cryptos as property for tax purposes, but who knows how that might change in the future.

On another note, have you ever considered investing in forex? I recently came across a forex prop firm and it seems like an interesting opportunity. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's something you might be interested in exploring.

Edited by NeonY2J

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 6:26 AM, NeonY2J said:

It's definitely an exciting space to be in, and I totally agree with you that cryptos have a future. However, I also agree that government regulations are inevitable, especially as cryptos become more mainstream. It's interesting to note that the IRS currently treats cryptos as property for tax purposes, but who knows how that might change in the future.

On another note, have you ever considered investing in forex? I recently came across a forex prop firm and it seems like an interesting opportunity. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's something you might be interested in exploring.

Everyone knew for a while regulation was going to come. The main thing is just not having them dubbed as securities. BTC is mainly safe from this given there's no company controlling it as say a stock. I'm pretty sure with the announcement of Fednow payment system and the move to go more digital. They'll be take a even more serious look. It'll be interesting to see. 

As for forex, never really cared for it as Crypto is the riskiest I'm willing to go. I split my investment by 4, crypto risky play, stock less risk, 401k, and 457. I'm only even in crypto because I was lucky enough to get in the space in early 2017 or else I probably wouldn't even care for it.

1 hour ago, tut said:

Everyone knew for a while regulation was going to come. The main thing is just not having them dubbed as securities. BTC is mainly safe from this given there's no company controlling it as say a stock. I'm pretty sure with the announcement of Fednow payment system and the move to go more digital. They'll be take a even more serious look. It'll be interesting to see. 

As for forex, never really cared for it as Crypto is the riskiest I'm willing to go. I split my investment by 4, crypto risky play, stock less risk, 401k, and 457. I'm only even in crypto because I was lucky enough to get in the space in early 2017 or else I probably wouldn't even care for it.

@Christian was just talking about buying one of those lmao

• 2 weeks later...