Police Department & You

zapper

Last night's ride-along had to be cut short because of Rancho situations popping up every 2 minutes. Multiple LSPD officers were shot. Shots were fired at LSSD deputies' vehicles. There was an active war going on last night and this led to different altercations between the gangs and the PD / SD.  That area was declared a hot zone and patrols had to adapt and change from solo patrols to partnered up and high alert. 

Imagine you're rolling 3 deep and you get pulled over for not stopping at an intersection. You're packing and you notice 2 more cruisers park themselves strategically on the opposite street. Now, it's only natural to think they might be after you, frisks are possible so you start to make up scenarios in your head. If you get pulled over around Rancho, there's a big chance those other patrols are there just as extra protection for the traffic officer, nothing else. But it can escalate rather quick when you believe you're being cornered. So in most cases the stopped vehicle will probably take off and start a chase. We know very well that most criminal role-players will jump out and start shooting at the PD / SD when their car gets disabled. When you create this type of environment, all you're doing is getting more and more attention against your area. 

So while some PD / SD are working on portraying their character in a realistic manner putting their safety first and trying not be on a play-to-win streak, they are being forced into shootouts that could be avoided if the other side also took a more immersive approach. 

Based on how small the playerbase is right now, I'll guarantee that you'll have a more enjoyable experience with PD / SD if those guns are shot less and you get arrested once in a while. 

Edited by .Bishop
  • Thumbs 2

12 hours ago, Nightmare. said:

So, some situations are leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth - maybe it's an IC issue but it's happening too frequently. 

So I was riding around the clothing store, next thing I was surrounded by 5 cars as shots went off near by, there was literally no research into who the shooters were, it seemed like it was all a guessing game. Surely wrongfully pulling a car over, guns aimed has some sort of repercussions?  3cdf3e6f53a349cf993074ad07d89efb.jpg

Once they realised they were wrong, they just got back in their cars and left:

a008cec4c4892ea03064df859fc44343.png

This whole "except we can" attitude is what I was afraid of. There needs to be repercussions for WRONG actions, surely?

People will say its an IC issue, but it happens so frequently it clearly isn't. What would actually happen if this was reported to cops IG?

Maybe it is me and I just need a refresh on what's expected - so I am happy to listen to feedback. 

Take it ic and sue them. 

I definitely agree that the "but we can" instead of explaining and apologizing is problematic. 

14 hours ago, Nightmare. said:

So, some situations are leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth - maybe it's an IC issue but it's happening too frequently. 

So I was riding around the clothing store, next thing I was surrounded by 5 cars as shots went off near by, there was literally no research into who the shooters were, it seemed like it was all a guessing game. Surely wrongfully pulling a car over, guns aimed has some sort of repercussions?  3cdf3e6f53a349cf993074ad07d89efb.jpg

Once they realised they were wrong, they just got back in their cars and left:

a008cec4c4892ea03064df859fc44343.png

This whole "except we can" attitude is what I was afraid of. There needs to be repercussions for WRONG actions, surely?

People will say its an IC issue, but it happens so frequently it clearly isn't. What would actually happen if this was reported to cops IG?

Maybe it is me and I just need a refresh on what's expected - so I am happy to listen to feedback. 

Find a lawyer and sue them, that's why we have courts. Suspicion and reasonable suspicion are two very different things.

• 2 weeks later...

On my part, unfortunately I've had underwhelming experiences with the PD/SD department on a high frequence.

This might be the perfect depiction of the police enforcement in US maybe, I don't know. But constantly encountering with highly uncooperative, "I don't have time for you, kid." type of officers when you want to talk things through in basic situations or contacting the PD/SD department for basic inquiries is super unpleasant.

On another topic, over the course of 2 weeks, my "Non-Emergent" type of 911 calls to the PD/SD department were always left unnoticed. There isn't an actual good time to do it too. Call it on the off-hours of the server, no one /onduty. Call it on the peak hours, each and every police is in a chase.

I know that we have options like filing a report on forums, taking things to the court but it is really disappointing that while you're playing a civilian character, you cannot just simply go to the PD/SD offices and find someone to talk to, report a crime, go over an inquiry etc.. Front desk is 99% of the time empty already. Do we really need 6-7 cruisers on a single chase or most of the PD/SD is avoiding "boring rp" for the sake of it, as a govermental personnel.

Most of the times, I would literally have to pull aside a roaming cruiser, ask them to help me or forward me to a station, which is pretty silly. Never got positive results too as again, each and every office that I've been forwarded to was empty for long periods of time.

I know that PD/SD itself is pretty busy with the outrageous amount of shootings and stuff happening each night but the whole "cops and robbers" feel crawls back in, when you constantly face a brick wall, if you try to act out an RP with govermental officials as a regular citizen.

Let me know if I'm seeing things on a wrong perspective with a wrong approach here. Or if I've witnessed unlucky experiences & timings again and again. Thank you! ❤️

• Love 1

Wallace Decker, a trustworthy bidnessman!
~~~
Head & Main Protagonist of Cropdusters
CEO & Co-Founder at W&F Patriotic Fund
Owner & Manager at W&F Betting Lounge

• 2 weeks later...

I roleplay a civilian and don't bother dialing 911 anymore unless I need an ambulance and know someone is on duty. Objectively speaking, I've mostly enjoyed RPing with PD, to me they seem more strict and more cautious than SD, which can be explained by their encounters with gangs in the city, etc. However, out of (I don't know how many) calls, only my first ever call was an answered one. There was also one evening when I dialed 911 at least 4-5 times in a row (there were over 20 PD/SD on duty at the time) and then found a couple of officers talking on duty near the stations. Had to address them and report a crime directly to get a response. I'm sure there are millions of problems that I don't know or understand, and I'm also sure, those who work in PD/SD can come up with another million excuses as to why they can't always respond to 911 calls - This post is meant to address the problems, not list excuses.

With all honesty, I would probably follow the same pattern, if I was in your shoes. It's just that, from my perspective, it looks different.

I also noticed that you are more likely to be stopped when the player base is small and there are only a few officers on duty than when there are more than 5 officers on duty. I personally would categorize this as "Bored Cop" RP. This is generally a questionable issue and I hate to bring it up here, as it is very hard to distinguish IC characteristics and background of the cop and OOC boredom of the player. 98% of my RP experiences with PD were wonderful, even if some of the encounters felt like provocations, character development and effort could have been felt. But we are all human and we remember negative emotions much better than positive ones. That being said, when I hear PD, the first thing that comes to mind is that 2 percent.

I actually have a question that could be mutually taken as constructive criticism. 

Is there a plan for the LSPD to ultimately present this legal faction to outsiders? General presentation is if you have no experience but you're interested- it won't work out, unless you know someone. Which in essence is how a lot of things happen in life but in this time of 'drought' do you have a new plan to present recruitment to not only the public, but players who are genuinely interested and have no idea how to get involved even if they wanted to? 

Edited by 1x1

15 hours ago, 1x1 said:

I actually have a question that could be mutually taken as constructive criticism. 

Is there a plan for the LSPD to ultimately present this legal faction to outsiders? General presentation is if you have no experience but you're interested- it won't work out, unless you know someone. Which in essence is how a lot of things happen in life but in this time of 'drought' do you have a new plan to present recruitment to not only the public, but players who are genuinely interested and have no idea how to get involved even if they wanted to? 

Our faction thread already provides all the relevant information a prospective candidate would need to join the LSPD. As for our mid-term plans, we are exploring ways to reintroduce in-game academies for those who are approaching law enforcement roleplay for the first time. These classes will be optional, ensuring that our recruitment process remains enjoyable for those with extensive prior law enforcement experience or for those who simply see an in-game academy as an additional step they would rather skip. More information will be provided when we feel ready to release these changes.

• Thumbs 1

CHIEF OF POLICE MANUEL CALDERA

I personally never had a problem with PD. I'm very pleased with it.

Mani Productions                                                                                                                                                                     Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 1 
Los Santos Publishing                                                                                                                                                               Cop Talk Magazine Vol.1 No. 2

Love how cops claim they only camp Davis because off the constant shootouts, when I've got messages from cops saying they're joining to DM and camp Davis 😆🤣

On 8/1/2023 at 4:01 AM, trashstar said:

its not just you this shit has been happening to many people but its always excused with "BuT CoPs Patrol DangeRoUs AreAs MaN" 

the answer to this is to report the cops to their cop friends and hope to get a response within the next month

Factssss, if cops patrolled hoods like they do on here, they wouldn't be hoods no more 🤣🤣🤣