Police Department & You

zapper

You also have to remember that "gang neighborhoods" are not "of the gang", you have not purchased that territory and it's not owned by the gangs. It's a city neighborhood where there's a lot of criminality, correct, but there could also be the chance that there are non-criminals in there, maybe over-crowded families, or poor people that do not have money to afford anything better, so from a realism perspective, I feel like it's good that the police shows presence also for those that live in those areas, but are not connected to any criminal activity.

Edited by GiamPy
  • Thumbs 1

AYANDA THOMPSON - LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT

WALTER PALERMO - BELLOMO CRIME FAMILY

Ok, Giampy is correct, and I have officially changed my mind. It is a good thing that the "policy" are patrolling the streets in convoys, as to prevent any and all crime from happening, so NPC families can feel safe.

i haven't been affected negatively by the police so far (im still level 2, havent played much)

but tbh it looks dumb asf that i see more cruisers than i see normal civilian cars. yesterday i checked... and it was 30 cops on 100 players, isnt this too much and the fact that they r all saturated in davis... shit just doesnt look like real life, seeing more cruisers than normal cars feels like u are playing crazybobs cops and robbers  😁

it just looks retarded and funny as fuck imo. i think this will be fixed when we have more players rp around the map, prob rn all cops are in davis bcuz theres nothing else to do so they be on gangs dick... i havent seen in any rp server in my life this cops to civs/crims ratio in davis tbh, im not even pissed rn cuz i havent been affected by it but just my opinion

Edited by Beda

2 hours ago, Beda said:

i think this will be fixed when we have more players rp around the map

PD leaders could set an example and do something about it. This is making the whole server look bad, actually worse than bad. I hope @zapper steps up, and actually does something about the biggest problem, that just keeps being the main talking point on this thread.

21 hours ago, Beda said:

i haven't been affected negatively by the police so far (im still level 2, havent played much)

but tbh it looks dumb asf that i see more cruisers than i see normal civilian cars. yesterday i checked... and it was 30 cops on 100 players, isnt this too much and the fact that they r all saturated in davis... shit just doesnt look like real life, seeing more cruisers than normal cars feels like u are playing crazybobs cops and robbers  😁

it just looks retarded and funny as fuck imo. i think this will be fixed when we have more players rp around the map, prob rn all cops are in davis bcuz theres nothing else to do so they be on gangs dick... i havent seen in any rp server in my life this cops to civs/crims ratio in davis tbh, im not even pissed rn cuz i havent been affected by it but just my opinion

We've taken the appropriate measures to ensure we're keeping patrol to a minimum in those areas. We'll continue to evaluate and take proactive measures to keep a fair balance between PD and criminals. Naturally, this will also be solved with an increasing playerbase and more businesses/factions opening up in the western part of the city, however- we'll do what we can now to ensure a fun and realistic space for all parties involved. 

• Love 1

On 7/15/2023 at 2:32 PM, Cayl said:

PD leaders could set an example and do something about it. This is making the whole server look bad, actually worse than bad. I hope @zapper steps up, and actually does something about the biggest problem, that just keeps being the main talking point on this thread.

Before I make my point, I'm going to make it clear that these are my personal views and not PD's.
We can't stop people from roleplaying what they want and if there's a strong interest for police roleplay by the community, then that's what it is. Yes, zapper can take actions to mitigate the effects of having a lot of police by controlling recruitment and presence in situations/areas (which PD has been doing and already has policy's in place to avoid that) but ultimately we cannot control who wants to roleplay what. So when there's a 100 players on and 30 of them are cops, PD isn't to be blamed for that. With that being said, this is not a sole issue of the LSPD. Sheriff's are also actively patrolling the same areas which may make it look like there's a lot of feds and we have a strong number of active roleplayers who RP in the Sheriff's or PD. So ultimately this needs to be brought up with faction management as a whole and not just sit here and point out Zapper and LSPD as if they're the only ones who are contributing to this issue. Also Cayl when you're serious about your concerns, don't use sarcasm and instead be mature and really get your point across with real reasoning. That's just my advice so don't get in your feelings about it.

17 minutes ago, Tony Gunter said:

Before I make my point, I'm going to make it clear that these are my personal views and not PD's.
We can't stop people from roleplaying what they want and if there's a strong interest for police roleplay by the community, then that's what it is. Yes, zapper can take actions to mitigate the effects of having a lot of police by controlling recruitment and presence in situations/areas (which PD has been doing and already has policy's in place to avoid that) but ultimately we cannot control who wants to roleplay what. So when there's a 100 players on and 30 of them are cops, PD isn't to be blamed for that. With that being said, this is not a sole issue of the LSPD. Sheriff's are also actively patrolling the same areas which may make it look like there's a lot of feds and we have a strong number of active roleplayers who RP in the Sheriff's or PD. So ultimately this needs to be brought up with faction management as a whole and not just sit here and point out Zapper and LSPD as if they're the only ones who are contributing to this issue. Also Cayl when you're serious about your concerns, don't use sarcasm and instead be mature and really get your point across with real reasoning. That's just my advice so don't get in your feelings about it.

You're right, Tony Gunter. If the server population is predominately cops, then they are justified in hanging around in would-be crime ridden neighborhoods. It's the same as cop baiting. This new generation of PD members (not gonna mention SD, since this is a thread about the Police Department & Me) are the same quality of players as the late samp era's mallrats; the Elegy driving, cop-baiting "players", who didn't know good roleplay if it hit them over the head. I'm glad you replied, because you just proved my point, Tony Gunter.

1 minute ago, Cayl said:

You're right, Tony Gunter. If the server population is predominately cops, then they are justified in hanging around in would-be crime ridden neighborhoods. It's the same as cop baiting. This new generation of PD members (not gonna mention SD, since this is a thread about the Police Department & Me) are the same quality of players as the late samp era's mallrats; the Elegy driving, cop-baiting "players", who didn't know good roleplay if it hit them over the head. I'm glad you replied, because you just proved my point, Tony Gunter.

Again with the sarcasm. It's a bit difficult to understand your point when you're mixing in sarcasm. But anyway, as I mentioned, having a strong police presence in south LS (which I think is the area you're referring to) is not solely the issue of LSPD. I know for a fact that in LSPD, we have area assignments in certain divisions so that every unit under a specific callsign is responsible for patrolling a certain area. Unfortunately for you, my character is assigned to south LS. Regardless, I understand your concern of high police presence in such areas and I agree that this may be of concern but I also do think the issue is larger than just LSPD itself. There's many active PD and SD members, so for this to be properly balanced, I believe it would need some sort of coordination between the two departments. Maybe you can give ideas of how this can be resolved if your critical thinking is as good as your sarcasm.

I also disagree with your point with the new era of PD being similar to SAMP's mall rats. I've been roleplaying for many years and have been under many different leaderships of the police department and I can tell you from first-hand experience that the current faction members have good roleplay abilities and the mindset is focused on providing good roleplay as opposed to winning situations. Though, your opinion may differ, it is certainly not the feedback I have received with my encounters.

I've had nothing but excellent experiences with the PD so far to be honest, but just a thought:

Roleplay as if losing your job is a very realistic possibility if you don't play by the book. What I mean by that is, don't be making up absolute nonsense just to arrest somebody or take them in knowing that realistically you'll get away with it (no major areas to report abuse of power, in fact, many probably would never go down that route). If there is no actual reason behind detaining someone, or even no proof for that matter - roleplay like it. Don't bring them in with the attitude of "what we say goes" because I don't think it's realistic and the cop should actually be role-playing with the idea of "I might lose my job" - kind of like enforcing the roleplay of fear.

I'm sure there has been plenty of situations in which is cop has essentially abused power to arrest someone knowing they'll more than likely not be reported for it.

Just a thought anyway.

Keep up the good work.

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

14 hours ago, Tony Gunter said:

Again with the sarcasm. It's a bit difficult to understand your point when you're mixing in sarcasm. But anyway, as I mentioned, having a strong police presence in south LS (which I think is the area you're referring to) is not solely the issue of LSPD. I know for a fact that in LSPD, we have area assignments in certain divisions so that every unit under a specific callsign is responsible for patrolling a certain area. Unfortunately for you, my character is assigned to south LS. Regardless, I understand your concern of high police presence in such areas and I agree that this may be of concern but I also do think the issue is larger than just LSPD itself. There's many active PD and SD members, so for this to be properly balanced, I believe it would need some sort of coordination between the two departments. Maybe you can give ideas of how this can be resolved if your critical thinking is as good as your sarcasm.

I also disagree with your point with the new era of PD being similar to SAMP's mall rats. I've been roleplaying for many years and have been under many different leaderships of the police department and I can tell you from first-hand experience that the current faction members have good roleplay abilities and the mindset is focused on providing good roleplay as opposed to winning situations. Though, your opinion may differ, it is certainly not the feedback I have received with my encounters.

You're right, it's unfortunate that you're assigned to South LS. I don't personally roleplay there, but I feel bad for the factions that call that place their home. In character of course.

It's also not my responsibility to come up with solutions for @zapper and his chiefs. He can do that on his own time, since he signed up for the role.

And for the last part, you're just wrong, but I'll let it slide, since I wouldn't expect a member of the PD to be honest about the quality of other members of the PD.

1 hour ago, Nightmare. said:

I've had nothing but excellent experiences with the PD so far to be honest, but just a thought:

Roleplay as if losing your job is a very realistic possibility if you don't play by the book. What I mean by that is, don't be making up absolute nonsense just to arrest somebody or take them in knowing that realistically you'll get away with it (no major areas to report abuse of power, in fact, many probably would never go down that route). If there is no actual reason behind detaining someone, or even no proof for that matter - roleplay like it. Don't bring them in with the attitude of "what we say goes" because I don't think it's realistic and the cop should actually be role-playing with the idea of "I might lose my job" - kind of like enforcing the roleplay of fear.

I'm sure there has been plenty of situations in which is cop has essentially abused power to arrest someone knowing they'll more than likely not be reported for it.

Just a thought anyway.

Keep up the good work.

If someone does this, I'd encourage those affected to report it to LFM as that's a violation of legal faction rules. 

14 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

If someone does this, I'd encourage those affected to report it to LFM as that's a violation of legal faction rules. 

Like I said, been happy with the PD so far, but wouldn't be shocked if this has happened before. Will keep this in mind!

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

• DadoJ changed the title to Police Department & You
  • 2 weeks later...

So, some situations are leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth - maybe it's an IC issue but it's happening too frequently. 

So I was riding around the clothing store, next thing I was surrounded by 5 cars as shots went off near by, there was literally no research into who the shooters were, it seemed like it was all a guessing game. Surely wrongfully pulling a car over, guns aimed has some sort of repercussions?  3cdf3e6f53a349cf993074ad07d89efb.jpg

Once they realised they were wrong, they just got back in their cars and left:

a008cec4c4892ea03064df859fc44343.png

This whole "except we can" attitude is what I was afraid of. There needs to be repercussions for WRONG actions, surely?

People will say its an IC issue, but it happens so frequently it clearly isn't. What would actually happen if this was reported to cops IG?

Maybe it is me and I just need a refresh on what's expected - so I am happy to listen to feedback. 

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

4 hours ago, Nightmare. said:

So, some situations are leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth - maybe it's an IC issue but it's happening too frequently. 

So I was riding around the clothing store, next thing I was surrounded by 5 cars as shots went off near by, there was literally no research into who the shooters were, it seemed like it was all a guessing game. Surely wrongfully pulling a car over, guns aimed has some sort of repercussions?  3cdf3e6f53a349cf993074ad07d89efb.jpg

Once they realised they were wrong, they just got back in their cars and left:

a008cec4c4892ea03064df859fc44343.png

This whole "except we can" attitude is what I was afraid of. There needs to be repercussions for WRONG actions, surely?

People will say its an IC issue, but it happens so frequently it clearly isn't. What would actually happen if this was reported to cops IG?

Maybe it is me and I just need a refresh on what's expected - so I am happy to listen to feedback. 

its not just you this shit has been happening to many people but its always excused with "BuT CoPs Patrol DangeRoUs AreAs MaN" 

the answer to this is to report the cops to their cop friends and hope to get a response within the next month

Edited by trashstar
  • Bigsmoke 1