Server release economy

• Developer

We're still trying to find the sweet point in terms of how much money to inject into the server throughout script jobs. One of these efforts was done just 2 days ago by adding tapered paychecks. For more information on our economy and how we want to handle it, read up on our latest Economy Update. I'm sure more information will be released soon regarding our economy process once we've established our internal Economy Team.

I don't think anyone should reasonably be expecting actual, in-depth roleplay at the first few days/weeks of the server's launch.
It's going to be a lot of running around trying to make money and of course bug reporting/exploiting.

That's normal.

I don't know how down the administration team would be, but other communities through various platforms (including the one we do not speak of) have tackled this "new player issue" (since we're all technically new players now) with some "starter package" a.k.a. a small amount of cash so that you can at least get a car and few other things and be able to at least removely focus on actual role play.

I think that's a good idea. Money have always been a double edged blade in role play. On one hand - they enable you to role play your concept as you have intended. On the other, without them, and if we simply enable everyone - it negates a sense of progression and promotes a snowflake culture.

But, yeah. Starter package might not be too bad, unless you want a month of braindless grinding and little roleplay. And I mean proper money, not the ability to lease and etc so you get the item immediately, but still have to grind for it anyway.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

i REALLY think its not too much to assume that a new player having some kind of starter money is an abmyssal idea. we're here to roleplay and a good set of sum early on would allow us to actually kickstart the process of roleplaying, The Server That Shall Not Be Named tackled this well (apart from car prices), but their idea wouldnt spiral out of control here because you guys have put car prices at an exorbitant level (which is a good thing). so anyone with any starter cash would have enough to get themselves a 1999 corolla without having to drive a faggio everywhere

• Management

I encourage you to play a few hours before engaging in this discussion. Every player gets over 10k+ starting cash split over multiple social security checks, instead of a lump sum. That's money for just being ingame every hour.

You're then able to finance a vehicle, with 10k you can afford most of them. Then all you need is to work 1-2 hours a week, depending on what you do, to afford the weekly payments. The way we set up the economy is that after just a few days IG, you can get a vehicle without grinding and without inflating the economy with massive amount of cash from the get go.

• Thumbs 3
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

Think as more people settle in and get different schemes and actual RP based jobs going, the grinding aspect will start to thin out. If you don't like grinding and doing script jobs, find ways to make money through IC means. With that being said, getting a car and renting a house doesn't take much time at all.

there are apartments for $150 a week and cars for like $400. the weekly payment for both are fundable with what, two hours of trucking?? crazy how people are complaining when theres cars that are 10k and only need a 15% downpayment on lol. its extremely lenient u can kill time for like 7 hours or just truck for 2 hours n wait 3 more n be set

Edited by trashstar