Job suggestions to improve the server!

MikeDawg

Hey, so I decided to suggest a few jobs that I think will really help the server each and every way, not sure how to start so I'm going to get straight to it.. Here are a list and description of jobs that I think are needed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to help/improve the server..

The main thing I think that will attract more players and improve roleplay is the amount of player interaction we can create, with more player interaction, the server is forced to be more integrated with roleplay, improving the server as a whole.

LSRPJOB1.jpeg

Delivery Driver (like AMAZON or FEDEX)

The ability to have this type of job on the server will really help for people who like to enjoy music and just drive and work hours to get pay and also for people who enjoy the concept of things. It can be similar to the GARBAGE TRUCK JOB by basically dropping things off instead of picking them up. This job can also increase player interactions and improve roleplay as a whole around the server because we can also have it to where this job delivers needed stock to player own or server owned companies. This would be best as a server owned company with a /STARTSHIFT command for a person to begin work. 

LSRPJOB2.jpeg

Construction Worker 

Being a construction worker can bring a lot of roleplay and can increase roleplay ANYWHERE on the server with events that cause natural disasters that require construction works to come and rebuild an area or can even roleplay building new areas and buildings or highways etc in game.. I saw where there was once a player owned version of this, however that didn't last and this is best as a server owned company. With this type of job it can improve player interactions as they block off roads for scheduled maintenance in an area and much more! 

LSRPJOB3.jpeg

Car Salesman (Yes really, a car salesman)

Now you may think what is the point of having someone work this job when we can just finance the car from our cell phone? Well let me tell you I would legit have fun walking out of my office and trying to sell a car to someone. This will raise player interaction on the server by a mile! Although not all cars are available on the lot which leaves the option to just go on the website and purchase the car you want, but this is still a good job for a player to have in game and also a good way to increase RP in the area. The area of this car lot was only active on server release because the DMV was around the corner. People raked up a lot of cash in the past few months and this job would be perfect for someone who's trying to increase interactions and get someone to spend some of that money they've been harboring. 

LSRPJOB4.jpeg

Cashier/Janitor (One behind the counter, one cleaning around the store)

Now this job I push the most because going to the store to purchase something is ALWAYS an option when you need something. Having cashier's or people who generally work in the stores and gas stations will really help player interaction and in my opinion... RAISE THE PLAYER BASE. People love having a chance to get into another roleplay scenario because they've bumped into someone. Usually you race to the store, barely park correctly and you run into the store and get what you need(which btw more needs to be added to /buy) and then you leave the store. If there was a person who was working in the store, you would definitely approach the store in a different way and get yourself into a roleplay scenario! Yet again I say.. This alone will increase player interaction, roleplay, and the player base. Imagine the illegal roleplay that can thrive even a little bit more with just this job, a chance to rob the store and it can actually be roleplayed instead of having a script for it. Think about it! This job alone can help the server in many ways!

LSRPJOB5.jpeg

Doctor's, nurse, janitor, receptionist(THIS IS NEEDED BAD)

I know the Fire Department plays a role in this but... Let's make it a job so people can actually stay at the hospital and create an ideal roleplay environment. People love creating some sort of RP in their work area when it comes to this job. Maybe they're fans of greys anatomy or something(I am, not gonna lie) but this will be amazing for the server, people can actually apply to be a doctor or nurse or just simply sit in the lobby and wait for what's coming. Can also increase player interaction by more than just being there when people get injured.. They can have weekly routine check ups to where they are reminded about it via a text message etc... Can be many ways where this NEEDED JOB is very helpful to the community and good just to have. It will raise the player base more than you think! 

Can also have it where when a person is killed, they can respawn but they body remains at the area where they died and we have coroners come and pick up the body. INTENSE RP really grabs new players attention!

LSRPJOB6.jpeg

Licensed Gun Salesman(Legal roleplayer's will love this)

Not everyone will get their guns from the streets so this will be a decent job for someone to work, someone knowledgeable in weapons will really improve player interaction and roleplay! Here is why, I'm a tester and people always make /helpme's when they want to know what ammo comes with what gun etc.. That's an OOC interaction but what if those type of interactions were created into roleplay to where they decided to go to the gun store and ask the clerk who is possibly taught about such. Now they may also make a helpme but this will still end up extra player interaction and increase the activity in an area, even if it's not much.. IT"S SOMETHING. People love to talk about guns with people who don't know much about it.. Can also see if the gun range is available for people to come in and pay to use the range. This job can be very positive as we know this server LOVES weapons. 

LSRPJOB7.jpeg

Rental Car Clerk

Trust me, I know rental cars is a place where people go to grab a car and then drive around the city and leave it.. But having a person work here as a person who rents these cars out to people will increase player interaction and roleplay. Can also add a small new script to these rental cars... Possibly rather than just alerting them that their rental car is about to expire.. Make them drive back to the parking lot and interact with the clerk to extend their rental car agreement... This itself will EXTEND player interactions. Some may think this is pointless, but believe it or not.. People actually enjoy roleplaying such scenarios because they also get to help new players in the game. This is HUGE in a sense with new players needing transportation! Think about that!

LSRPJOB8.jpeg

News Reporter

Having someone come up to report breaking news of a crime scene or the opening of something new or even paparazzi, is pretty huge. There are people who actually enjoy doing this job and roleplay. When the server first released there was someone who was roleplaying being part of Weazel News and was showing up and reporting things and taking pictures of people going to the club etc... Some may think or this is just nonsense but.. It's not, this job will be very good for the server as it's main intention is to raise player intaction!

So with that being said, I hope these few jobs you all find interesting, the main focus I wanted to point out about all of these jobs are PLAYER INTERACTION. Player interaction (IN MY OPINION) will increase roleplay and help the server A LOT while it sits in it's current state. The only way these jobs will actually be reasonable for a person to work is if tapering is removed. I won't get into talking about tapering here on this post because there are other post that are speaking on the matter of it. 

If you have any other job suggestions please post them here and don't be afraid to give your honest opinion on the jobs I suggested above. I will like to see everyone's opinion on these jobs and what you all think they can do for the server.

Edited by MikeDawg
  • Thumbs 2
  • OK 1
  • Love 1

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

• MikeDawg changed the title to Job suggestions to improve the server!

While there are many player owned companies that offer jobs to people... Not everyone wants to work for player owned companies. Sometimes the person who opens up the company isn't online or they haven't opened the business which leaves the person who works for that player owned company to be without work. This is why I suggest for all of these jobs to listed above to be server owned, with the ability to work for player owned companies and server owned companies, if these new jobs are instated this is a WIN WIN situation for the players in this community.

I also want to make sure people understand that these jobs will only be effective if tapering is removed, some complained that people will make too much per hour.. Not true, sometimes I didn't have enough time to complete work to actually get the full benefit of pay added to my paycheck for the current hour. These jobs listed will be very effective as you don't have to race to complete something to get every possible dollar added to your paycheck. 

Our main mission at the moment should be to encourage players to stay online and increase the player base, I have the idea of suggesting that players who roleplay by working their job for x amount of hours increase interaction and roleplay can also have the option to get overtime pay. Now some may think, this isn't fair because grinders will get paid more... That's not a bad thing. For a person to get overtime they must have been online working for hours to even start overtime pay. This is something that can keep players in game for longer reward them for keeping the server active. This can't go bad or hurt the economy in any way. And the reason I say that is because roleplay itself places restrictions on a person's taste when purchasing or displaying things. Not everyone rp's being rich, some people actually have a load of money and they don't roleplay having all that cash at all.

Think about that.

Edited by MikeDawg
  • Thumbs 1

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

37 minutes ago, MikeDawg said:

Doctor's, nurse, janitor, receptionist(THIS IS NEEDED BAD)

I know the Fire Department plays a role in this but... Let's make it a job so people can actually stay at the hospital and create an ideal roleplay environment. People love creating some sort of RP in their work area when it comes to this job. Maybe they're fans of greys anatomy or something(I am, not gonna lie) but this will be amazing for the server, people can actually apply to be a doctor or nurse or just simply sit in the lobby and wait for what's coming. Can also increase player interaction by more than just being there when people get injured.. They can have weekly routine check ups to where they are reminded about it via a text message etc... Can be many ways where this NEEDED JOB is very helpful to the community and good just to have. It will raise the player base more than you think! 

This is already a thing, FD has a whole hospital sector with always open recruitment. 

39 minutes ago, MikeDawg said:

Can also have it where when a person is killed, they can respawn but they body remains at the area where they died and we have coroners come and pick up the body

There's already coroners, just on hold right now because Kaos has been getting DCR running. 

13 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

This is already a thing, FD has a whole hospital sector with always open recruitment. 

There's already coroners, just on hold right now because Kaos has been getting DCR running. 

FD don't reside inside the hospital tho, and if they do.. They are never online. It's still possible to just create this as a job itself.

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

Top tier jobs and suggestion in general, anything that encourages player interaction I'm all for, the idea with the icons getting colour when someone is doing the job is great as well, its basically a beacon saying "COME HERE TO RP", we need more of that or a central RP hub for people to come when there is nowhere else to go.

• Love 1

Billy Gorka

Public Works / Luxury Autos

Paco Castillo

Lab Inhabitant

Kenny Park

Homeless

I love this suggestion. It's true that not everyone wants to work for a player owned business, and that's understandable. Instead, we should introduce these jobs as ways for people to passively earn on their own time while still getting rewarded on-time. A lot of these would only encourage player interaction.

However, some jobs I don't agree with adding. For example, "Doctor's, nurse, janitor, receptionist(THIS IS NEEDED BAD)." This role is being fulfilled by the FD. You might say that they don't hire receptionists, nurses, or janitors, but these roles don't seem very much interesting to begin with. We also don't want random players playing doctor.

Another job I don't particularly agree with is the Construction Worker job. Being on a job site doesn't exactly promote roleplay with the community as these kinds of job-sites would typically be closed to the public. You might argue that the construction workers might want to roleplay with each other, however, I believe there are other jobs listed that are better suited for such a case.

FD aren't really doctors or nurses and they are rarely ever online. Not everyone will play as a doctor, they will have to fill out an application just like FD does and there can be hiring periods so that this job isn't just opened to any and everyone. A system for this job would have to be made. It is needed as a lot of other servers have this job and it attracts a lot of people that enjoy the environment.

As far as construction, it can still find a way to get interactive with other players as these people work their jobs.. Even if it's the slightest. There can be pass through zones while construction workers roleplay repairing and or building something, allowing traffic to come through. Every job is needed cause it offers an opportunity to roleplay. It is also something cool to see, rather than just the usual GTA jobs while everyone drives around.

LS-RP Tester

Faction Team Staff

Strong Black Lead 

1 hour ago, MikeDawg said:

FD aren't really doctors or nurses and they are rarely ever online. Not everyone will play as a doctor, they will have to fill out an application just like FD does and there can be hiring periods so that this job isn't just opened to any and everyone. A system for this job would have to be made. It is needed as a lot of other servers have this job and it attracts a lot of people that enjoy the environment.

https://fire.lsgov.us/viewforum.php?f=158&sid=7078be641f3107e5a37746a9ed7d44bb

Again, this is already in place. 

10 hours ago, MikeDawg said:

News Reporter

Having someone come up to report breaking news of a crime scene or the opening of something new or even paparazzi, is pretty huge. There are people who actually enjoy doing this job and roleplay. When the server first released there was someone who was roleplaying being part of Weazel News and was showing up and reporting things and taking pictures of people going to the club etc... Some may think or this is just nonsense but.. It's not, this job will be very good for the server as it's main intention is to raise player intaction!

There's a SAN News faction ran by @Yaffa