New RP Hub (Idlewood stack 2.0)

Cursed_King

I'm cool with the idea of social media, but to have some sort of "rp hub" that people go to just throws it way off for me. The mall on SAMP was like this and we had all sorts of issues with that. You'd have gang roleplayers from Idlewood showing up causing problems and people DMing and just getting into a mess of different situations. With social media, people can actually socialize with each other and arrange different types of events that are already advertised in the #events channel on discord. Far more appropriate (in my opinion) than some sort of hub where people from all sorts of areas (some of which probably won't mix well with each other) meet up and cause problems.

1 hour ago, ScubaStef said:

I'm cool with the idea of social media, but to have some sort of "rp hub" that people go to just throws it way off for me. The mall on SAMP was like this and we had all sorts of issues with that. You'd have gang roleplayers from Idlewood showing up causing problems and people DMing and just getting into a mess of different situations. With social media, people can actually socialize with each other and arrange different types of events that are already advertised in the #events channel on discord. Far more appropriate (in my opinion) than some sort of hub where people from all sorts of areas (some of which probably won't mix well with each other) meet up and cause problems.

In my opinion we should have an RP hub with the current state of PB, alot of new players spawn and have no idea what to do next, if they figure out there is a place where players usually gathers they'd go there and kickstart their story.

I'd rather have an RP hub than roaming in an empty city.

13 minutes ago, Cursed_King said:

In my opinion we should have an RP hub with the current state of PB, alot of new players spawn and have no idea what to do next, if they figure out there is a place where players usually gathers they'd go there and kickstart their story.

I'd rather have an RP hub than roaming in an empty city.

Lack of players are an issue at this moment regardless whether or not there's some sort of "rp hub". Every time I log in, I see advertisements for open businesses such as different bars and clubs. People can go to those businesses and promote roleplay there not only for their character, but for the business owner and their employees as well. Having a hub of some sort will only take away from businesses that rely on roleplay to run.

• Thumbs 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:09 PM, ScubaStef said:

Lack of players are an issue at this moment regardless whether or not there's some sort of "rp hub". Every time I log in, I see advertisements for open businesses such as different bars and clubs. People can go to those businesses and promote roleplay there not only for their character, but for the business owner and their employees as well. Having a hub of some sort will only take away from businesses that rely on roleplay to run.

so ur idea is to not implement something that could potentially help the issue, but instead... keep things the way that they are? oh ok

On 11/17/2023 at 7:09 AM, ScubaStef said:

A hub is already happening. interiors were made. just waiting on more furniture items for one 

• OK 1

• 2 weeks later...

Players and groups will find/create their own hubs throughout activity on the server. Designating something like this makes no sense for a roleplay server, as well as these hubs are generally where roleplay goes to die. Socializing is great and fun but can also be achieved through basic roleplay.

• Clap 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 6:51 AM, jawnt said:

Players and groups will find/create their own hubs throughout activity on the server. Designating something like this makes no sense for a roleplay server, as well as these hubs are generally where roleplay goes to die. Socializing is great and fun but can also be achieved through basic roleplay.

If that was the case, we'd already have them on the server but we don't. That's why this thread exists. These hubs are absolutely necessary to spark some passive, non-faction-oriented role-play and they usually are artificial. On the old server we had the mall - most people went there because of the /ad spot - and idlewood which was the center of south ls, only after people started going there for the social aspects. Even on GTA World, which has a much higher player count and longer history, you don't find social hubs. People just go to the open businesses, with their factions or friends, or just roam around. If you want to do anything else, best of luck. That works when you're not trying to reel people in but when we have 20 players online, we can't afford for the 21st player who's just testing the water to be like 'that's too complicated nevermind'.

Just make the /ad spot the same as on samp and give donators the /ad from anywhere perk, or make it so for normal /ads and not business ones. More inconvenient but it's better in this regard.

• Thumbs 1

• 3 months later...